Author Topic: Is Hillary Hiding Something  (Read 118353 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Is Hillary Hiding Something
« Reply #400 on: February 10, 2016, 07:17:33 PM »
You are asking me why the president should not comment on a pending investigation?  Dude.  Even if I explained something so elementary to you it would be a waste of time.  I'm embarrassed for you, especially given how much you pound your chest claiming to have destroyed people on the board.   :-[ 

I think my repeated destroyings of you have definitely had an affect on you..you're not the same guy and here you are attacking me and we are just having a conversation....the president is allowed to talk about anything he pleases....again..he defended her during Benghazi and HE WAS RIGHT......the investigation turned up nothing...I'm not saying Hillary is innocent.....now answer my question..WILL YOU ACCEPT the findings if the FBI declines to prosecute??????

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #401 on: February 10, 2016, 07:39:34 PM »
I think my repeated destroyings of you have definitely had an affect on you..you're not the same guy and here you are attacking me and we are just having a conversation....the president is allowed to talk about anything he pleases....again..he defended her during Benghazi and HE WAS RIGHT......the investigation turned up nothing...I'm not saying Hillary is innocent.....now answer my question..WILL YOU ACCEPT the findings if the FBI declines to prosecute??????

You really have a lot to learn.

I've already answered your question and I'm fairly certain it was in this thread. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #402 on: February 10, 2016, 07:50:12 PM »
You really have a lot to learn.

I've already answered your question and I'm fairly certain it was in this thread. 

you see?...this is why we can't have any type of intellectual conversation any more because you refuse to answer questions, obfuscate and pontificate without saying anything.....you never take a stand because you are afraid to be wrong.....you also try to come across as unbiased yet you're just like FOX NEWS

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #403 on: February 12, 2016, 09:05:46 AM »
Judge orders four more Hillary Clinton email releases
By JOSH GERSTEIN
02/11/16

The release schedule stretches the emails disclosures out through two upcoming contests where Hillary Clinton is competing for delegates. | Getty

A federal judge has ordered the State Department to make four additional releases of Hillary Clinton's emails between Saturday and the end of February.

U.S. District Court Judge Rudolph Contreras issued an order Thursday requiring State to release batches of the still-undisclosed portion of Clinton's emails on Feb. 13, 19 and 26 with "all remaining documents" released by "the close of business" on Feb. 29.

Contreras had publicly discussed the possibility of releasing some of the messages directly to the Freedom of Information Act litigant whose case the judge is overseeing, Jason Leopold of Vice News. However, the judge's order Thursday directs State to release the records on its website, as the agency has done at least once each month since last May.

The release schedule stretches the emails disclosures out through two upcoming contests where Clinton is competing for delegates in the Democratic presidential race: the Feb. 20 Nevada caucuses and the Feb. 27 South Carolina primaries.

Lawyers for Leopold had argued that the elections created an urgency for State to complete its work reviewing and releasing the Clinton emails. At a hearing Tuesday, the judge said he agreed.

The staggered releases over the next few weeks were opposed by the State Department, which said such a plan could interfere with its ability to complete processing of all the emails by the end of February. In a court filing late Wednesday, State offered to do a single interim release on Saturday with the rest of the emails posted at the end of the month.

In his new order, Contreras continued to display the frustration he expressed at Tuesday's hearing’ about the State Department's failure to release all the emails by the deadline he originally set at the end of last month.

"The court expects that defendant will endeavor to avoid any additional delay," the judge said Thursday. "Therefore, it is FURTHER ORDERED that defendant shall promptly bring any unanticipated problems to the court’s attention."

Contreras has ordered State to provide a detailed explanation by Friday of why it failed to comply with the court's deadline last month.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2016/02/judge-orders-four-more-clinton-email-releases-219134#ixzz3zyShL73g

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #404 on: February 12, 2016, 11:49:04 AM »
I guess you're not going to answer my question....par for the course

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #405 on: February 12, 2016, 11:54:27 AM »
I guess you're not going to answer my question....par for the course

I already did.  It's in this thread.  Not going to think for you. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #406 on: February 15, 2016, 12:53:44 PM »
State releases new batch of Clinton emails
By Harper Neidig
February 13, 2016

Getty Images

The State Department on Saturday released over 500 emails from Hillary Clinton's private email server from her time as secretary of State.

According to a State Department official, the latest batch of emails include 81 confidential messages, plus three that were upgraded to a "Secret" classification.

In the previous round of releases, 22 emails were withheld after being classified as Top Secret. None of the emails released Saturday were upgraded to that level.

None of the emails were marked classified when they were sent.

In total, 45,830 pages of messages have now been publicly released.

The latest batch of email's come as the Obama administration is struggling to keep up with a court-ordered timeline to release all of the remaining emails this month.

The State Department has already angered a federal juge by missing a deadline to release all 55,000 pages of emails by the end of January.
“We're still working diligently on this,” State Department spokesman Mark Toner said Friday.

There are still over 3,000 messages from the server that have yet to be released.

It is likely that there will be some classified messages in the latest releases, as more than 1,300 of the emails already released were classified at some level.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/269367-state-department-releases-new-batch-of-clinton-emails

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #407 on: February 15, 2016, 12:55:39 PM »
Former Obama intel official: Hillary Clinton should drop out
By Nicole Gaouette
February 13, 2016 | Video Source: CNN

President Barack Obama's former top military intelligence official said Hillary Clinton should pull out of the presidential race
Clinton campaign spokesman Brian Fallon said the general's suggestion was "just silly"

Washington (CNN)President Barack Obama's former top military intelligence official said Hillary Clinton should pull out of the presidential race while the FBI investigate her use of a private email server for official government communication while secretary of state.

Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, the retired chief of the Defense Intelligence Agency, made the call in an interview with Jake Tapper on "The Lead."

"If it were me, I would have been out the door and probably in jail," said Flynn, who decried what he said was a "lack of accountability, frankly, in a person who should have been much more responsible in her actions as the secretary of state of the United States of America."

Clinton campaign spokesman Brian Fallon later told Tapper the general's suggestion was "just silly" and pointed to similar FBI probes of former Secretary of State Colin Powell and of aides to former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

"In both of those two cases, you now have the same agency looking at their emails, personal emails, and saying that there is information that in retrospect they think should be treated as classified," Fallon said. "The exact same situation playing out in the two previous secretaries before Secretary Clinton. So I think that tells you everything about the relative seriousness of this."

When pressed by CNN, Flynn said, "I don't have any personal evidence" that Clinton or one of her staffers took material off a classified server and put it on an unclassified server.

Clinton emails: Did she do anything wrong or not?

Since leaving office, Flynn has been fiercely critical of the Obama administration's approach to the Middle East and has told Tapper that the President's advisors are more concerned with appearances than hard realities. Flynn said he has made himself available for advice to any presidential campaign that has asked, Democrat or Republican, and five campaigns have taken advantage of the offer, including Donald Trump's.

The FBI confirmed in a February 2 letter to U.S. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan that it is officially investigating Clinton's use of a private server at her home in Chappaqua, New York, to conduct business while she was secretary of state.

Two government agencies have flagged emails on Clinton's server as containing classified information, according to a January 14 letter that Intelligence Community Inspector General I. Charles McCullough III sent lawmakers. Some emails were on "special access programs," a subset of the highest "Top Secret" level of classification that falls under even tougher control rules than other Top Secret information.

The Democratic presidential candidate has repeatedly pointed to State Department findings that at the time the emails were sent, the information wasn't classified. The State Department has said that some emails were classified retroactively.

State Department will not release 22 'top secret' Clinton emails

The Clinton campaign has also pointed to a dispute between the State Department and the intelligence community over which kinds of documents should be classified. And it has charged that the investigation is politically motivated.

Fallon has said Clinton's campaign believes McCullough is working with Republican lawmakers to make sure the information becomes public to embarrass their candidate. Republicans asked the inspector general to investigate in March.

"This over-classification excuse is not an excuse," Flynn said Friday. "If it's classified, it's classified."

Flynn, who headed the Defense Intelligence Agency from July 2012 to August 2014, told Tapper that Clinton "knew better" given the roles that she has had as a senator, a secretary of state, "even back when she was married to the president of the United States, she was going to have privileged information in that regard."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/12/politics/hillary-clinton-michael-flynn-email-fbi-investigation/index.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #408 on: February 15, 2016, 12:57:54 PM »
Pollster Pat Caddell: Hillary Clinton Email Scandal ‘Worse Than Watergate’

by CHARLIE SPIERING
13 Feb 2016

Pollster Pat Caddell, also a former adviser to President Jimmy Carter, asserted that the Hillary Clinton email scandal is “worse than Watergate.”

Long the pinnacle of modern American political scandal, Nixon resigned after he was connected to the break-in at the Democratic National Committee headquarters.

“This is the greatest scandal in the history of the United States,” Caddell said. “They all ought to be indicted. This is worse than Watergate.”

Clinton, he explained, would soon be exposed for using her connections in the State Department to enrich her family, her foundation, and her supporters.

“They were selling out the national interests of the United States directly to adversaries and others for money,” he said. “There is just nothing that satisfies them. They are the greediest white trash I have ever seen.”

Listen to the full interview with Caddell below:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/13/pollster-pat-caddell-hillary-clinton-e-mail-scandal-worse-than-watergate/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #409 on: February 17, 2016, 10:39:41 AM »
Clinton email chain discussed Afghan national's CIA ties, official says
By Catherine Herridge, Pamela K. Browne 
Published February 17, 2016 
FoxNews.com

EXCLUSIVE: One of the classified email chains discovered on Hillary Clinton’s personal unsecured server discussed an Afghan national’s ties to the CIA and a report that he was on the agency’s payroll, a U.S. government official with knowledge of the document told Fox News.

The discussion of a foreign national working with the U.S. government raises security implications – an executive order signed by President Obama said unauthorized disclosures are “presumed to cause damage to the national security."

The U.S. government official said the Clinton email exchange, which referred to a New York Times report, was among 29 classified emails recently provided to congressional committees with specific clearances to review them. In that batch were 22 “top secret” exchanges deemed too damaging to national security to release.

Confirmation that one of these exchanges concerned a reported CIA asset means the emails went beyond issues like the drone strike campaign. Democrats repeatedly have said some messages referred to this, reinforcing Clinton's position that the documents are over-classified.

Based on the timing and other details, the email chain likely refers to either an October 2009 Times story that identified Afghan national Ahmed Wali Karzai, the half-brother of then-Afghan president Hamid Karzai, as a person who received “regular payments from the Central Intelligence Agency” -- or an August 2010 Times story that identified Karzai aide Mohammed Zia Salehi as being on the CIA payroll. Ahmed Wali Karzai was murdered during a 2011 shoot-out, a killing later claimed by the Taliban.

Fox News was told the email chain included then-Secretary of State Clinton and then-special envoy to Afghanistan and Pakistan Richard Holbrooke and possibly others. The basic details of this email exchange were backed up to Fox News by a separate U.S. government source who was not authorized to speak on the record.

It’s unclear who initiated the discussion – Clinton, Holbrooke or a subordinate – or whether the CIA's relationship with the Afghan national was confirmed, because the classified documents are not public.

Holbrooke died in December 2010, during his service as a special envoy.

A CIA spokesperson told Fox News they had no comment on the email chain.

A spokeswoman for the Office of the Intelligence Community Inspector General also had no comment.

The U.S. government official's account of the Clinton email chain dovetails with a Feb. 3 interview on Fox News’ “America's Newsroom,” where Republican Rep. Chris Stewart, a member of the House intelligence committee, said, "I have never read anything more sensitive than what these emails contain. They do reveal classified methods. They do reveal classified sources and they do reveal human assets."

Stewart added, "I can't imagine how anyone could be familiar with these emails, whether they're sending them or receiving them, and not realize that these are highly classified."

While the Clinton campaign claims the government classification review has gone too far, Executive Order 13526, in a section called "classification standards,” says, "the unauthorized disclosure of foreign government information is presumed to cause damage to the national security."

Fox News was first to report that the Clinton emails contained intelligence beyond “top secret,” and some of the information was deemed "HCS-O" – a code that refers to human intelligence from ongoing operations. 

National security and intelligence experts emphasized to Fox News that security clearance holders are trained to not confirm or deny details of a classified program in an unclassified setting, which would include a personal unsecured email network, even if the classified program appears in press reports.

“The rules of handling classified information dictate if something is reported in open source [news reports] you don’t confirm it because it’s still classified information,” said Dan Maguire, who spent more than four decades handling highly classified programs and specialized in human intelligence operations.

As secretary of state, Clinton signed at least two non-disclosure agreements (NDA) on Jan. 22, 2009, and received a briefing from a security officer whose identity was redacted. As part of the NDA for “sensitive compartmented information” (SCI), Clinton acknowledged any “breach” could result in “termination of my access to SCI and removal from a position of special confidence and trust requiring such access as well as the termination of my employment or any other relationships with any Department or Agency that provides me with access to SCI."

It is remains unclear how classified materials “jumped the gap” from a classified system to her personal server.

On Feb. 12, Clinton’s national press secretary Brian Fallon emphasized that classified information would have been marked as such. “I think when this review plays itself out, at the end they’ll find that what we have said is true,” he told CNN. “Nothing was marked classified at the time it was sent.”

Fallon also attacked the State Department inspector general, Steve Linick, for what he described as “fishing expedition-style investigations” since Clinton decided to run for president. “There is no basis. It is intended to create headwinds for her campaign, but it is not going to work,” Fallon said. He leveled a similar allegation against Intelligence Community Inspector General I. Charles McCullough, III, after his office notified Congress the emails contained information beyond top secret.

Inquiries by Fox News to Clinton's attorney David Kendall about the status of or changes to her security clearance, and access to classified information, have not been returned.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/17/clinton-email-chain-discussed-afghan-nationals-cia-ties-official-says.html?intcmp=hpbt2

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #410 on: February 17, 2016, 11:56:12 PM »
repubs are going to disqualify Hilary right before the election.

Dems are going to put in a shiny new candidate who suddenly beats the repub, who was probably leading at the time lol.  No time to damage the new guy (or gal).   

Repubs gonna be kicking themselves for decades for that one... President Liz Warren.   LOL what a shitshow that'd be.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #411 on: February 22, 2016, 09:38:03 AM »
At least 1,730 Clinton emails contain classified material

State Department says none was marked classified during Clinton’s tenure
Sixty-four of the newly released emails contained classified information
Next batch to be released next Friday, day before South Carolina primary

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton speaks at a rally Thursday, Feb. 18, 2016, in Las Vegas. John Locher AP
BY ANITA KUMAR
FEBRUARY 19, 2016 6:22 PM

At least 1,730 emails that Hillary Clinton sent or received contained classified material, according to the State Department’s latest update from its ongoing review of more than 30,000 emails.

The State Department released a new batch of 1,116 pages of Clinton’s emails Friday evening in response to a court order. Of those, 64 contain classified information. All are at the confidential level, which is the lowest level of classification.

None of Clinton’s emails was marked as classified during her tenure, State Department officials say, but intelligence officials say some material was clearly classified at the time. Her aides also sent and received classified information.

Clinton, running a tough race for the Democratic nomination for president, has been under fire for months for exclusively using personal email routed through a private server while serving as the nation’s top diplomat. The FBI launched an inquiry into the handling of sensitive information after classified information was found in some.

In response to a public records lawsuit, the State Department is releasing Clinton’s emails monthly after partially or entirely redacting any containing sensitive U.S. or foreign government information. So far, it has released 46,946 pages of emails.

Three weeks ago, the State Department designated 22 of previously reviewed emails “top secret” – the first time it has deemed any of Clinton’s emails to be classified at a level that can cause “exceptionally grave” damage to national security if disclosed. The 22 emails will not be released to the public. The department is releasing other classified emails with some redactions.

Clinton’s campaign has refuted the “top secret” designation and demanded that all of Clinton’s emails be released to the public.

Last week, the State Department inspector general said he had discovered that former Secretary of State Colin Powell and former Secretary Condoleezza Rice’s aides had classified in their personal emails. Powell rejected those allegations.

The State Department had been ordered by a federal judge to release all of Clinton’s emails in January in response to a public records lawsuit. But the State Department said it would be unable to meet the deadline. The judge ordered State to release batches of the remaining Clinton's emails on Feb. 13, 19, 26 and 29. The next batch will be released the day before the South Carolina primary.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article61383137.html#storylink=cpy

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #412 on: February 23, 2016, 11:54:11 AM »
CIA leaker: Clinton 'given a pass' for emails
By Julian Hattem - 02/22/16

A former CIA officer serving jail time for leaking documents to the New York Times accused federal officials of setting a double standard by apparently refusing to aggressively prosecute Hillary Clinton

Clinton was “a high ranking official who should know better, but completely given a pass, and almost an apologetic pass,” Jeffrey Sterling, who was found guilty of leaking classified information to Times reporter James Risen last year, said in an interview with the Washington Post published on Monday.

“So how should us regular citizens feel, especially with heightened concerns about national security?”
The comments from Sterling, who is serving a 3.5-year prison term, come as an indictment of the Democratic presidential frontrunner’s controversial use of a “homebrew” email setup throughout her tenure as secretary of State.

The rhetoric also echoes prominent conservative critics of Clinton, who have claimed that her email practices surely jeopardized national security. Critics have said that the Obama administration should appoint a special prosecutor so that Clinton's case is handled fairly.

More than 1,700 emails on Clinton’s private email system have been classified, 22 at the highest level of “top secret.” Both the State Department and Clinton’s presidential campaign have insisted that none of the documents were marked as classified at the time they were sent.

Sterling was found guilty of leaking classified details about Iran’s nuclear program. According to the Justice Department, the 19-year CIA veteran leaked the information to Risen after an unsuccessful lawsuit against the spy agency for racial discrimination. Sterling is African American.

The information was subsequently published in Risen’s 2006 book, “State of War.”

Sterling’s case captured national headlines because of the Justice Department’s efforts to force Risen to testify against Sterling, which Risen refused. The effort, which the Obama administration eventually abandoned, turned into a symbol of the government’s limits on press freedom.

In his interview with the Post, Sterling indicates that the affair with Risen overshadowed his own case.

“There was so much outcry about the potential of his being forced to testify and no real concern for whether I was innocent or not,” he told the newspaper via the electronic messaging system at his federal prison in Englewood, Colo. “There was no concern that a life, a real person was being persecuted.”

Sterling’s wife has maintained his innocence, and last week brought a petition to the White House asking President Obama to give him a pardon.

In the interview published on Monday, Sterling describes his battles with suicidal thoughts and attempts to stay stable.

“I am doing my best,” he wrote, “to hang on.”

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/270271-cia-leaker-clinton-given-a-pass-for-emails

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #413 on: February 23, 2016, 12:03:22 PM »
No clean end to this mess in the near future.

U.S. judge orders discovery to go forward over Clinton’s private email system

Democratic presidential candidate and former secretary of state Hillary Clinton. (John Minchillo/AP)
By Spencer S. Hsu
February 23, 2016

A federal judge on Tuesday ruled that State Department officials and top aides to Hillary Clinton should be questioned under oath about whether they intentionally thwarted federal open records laws by using or allowing the use of a private email server throughout Clinton’s tenure as secretary of state from 2009 to 2013.

The decision by U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan of Washington came in a lawsuit over public records brought by Judicial Watch, a conservative legal watchdog group, regarding its May 2013 request, for information about the employment arrangement of Huma Abedin, a longtime Clinton aide.

A State Department official said that the department is aware of the order and that it is reviewing it but declined to comment further, citing the ongoing litigation.

Although it was not immediately clear whether the government will appeal, Sullivan set an April deadline for parties to lay out a detailed investigative plan that would extend well beyond the limited and carefully worded explanations of the use of the private server that department and Clinton officials have given.

Sullivan also suggested from the bench that he might at some point order the department to subpoena Clinton and Abedin, to return all records related to Clinton’s private account, not just those their camps have previously deemed work-related and returned.

“There has been a constant drip, drip, drip of declarations. When does it stop?” Sullivan said, adding that months of piecemeal revelations about Clinton and the State Department’s handling of the email controversy create “at least a ‘reasonable suspicion’ ” that public access to official government records under the federal Freedom of Information Act was undermined. “This case is about the public’s right to know.”

In granting Judicial Watch’s request, Sullivan noted that there was no dispute that senior State Department officials were aware of the email set-up, citing a January 2009 email exchange including Undersecretary for Management Patrick F. Kennedy, Clinton chief of staff Cheryl D. Mills and Abedin about establishing an “off-network” email system.

The watchdog group did not ask to depose Clinton by name, but its requests in its lawsuit targeted those who handled her transition, arrival and departure from the department and who oversaw Abedin, a direct subordinate.

Sullivan’s decision came as Clinton seeks the Democratic presidential nomination and three weeks after the State Department acknowledged for the first time that “top secret” information passed through the server.

[State Department says Hillary Clinton’s email correspondence contained ‘top secret’ material]

The FBI and the department’s inspector general are continuing to look into whether the private setup mishandled classified information or violated other federal laws.

. . . .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/us-judge-weighs-deeper-probe-into-clintons-private-email-system/2016/02/23/9c27412a-d997-11e5-81ae-7491b9b9e7df_story.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #414 on: February 23, 2016, 12:34:24 PM »
imagine Gore/Biden showing up, 3 weeks before the presidential elections.

Repubs would lose their shit lol.

don't drag out that hilary email thing too long ;)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #415 on: February 25, 2016, 07:37:54 AM »
imagine Gore/Biden showing up, 3 weeks before the presidential elections.

Repubs would lose their shit lol.

don't drag out that hilary email thing too long ;)

most of the public has already lost interst...including me

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #416 on: February 26, 2016, 09:11:53 AM »
Hillary Not 'Worried or Concerned' Over Email Probes

(MSNBC/"Morning Joe")
By Sandy Fitzgerald   |   Friday, 26 Feb 2016

Hillary Clinton said in an interview airing Friday that there are two different components concerning the ongoing investigation concerning her use of a private email server, and she's not "worried or concerned" about either one.

"There is a security inquiry going on, and if we respect that, it's on its own timetable, but it's moving forward," Clinton told MSNBC's Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski about the FBI's investigation, during an interview recorded Thursday and airing Friday on their "Morning Joe" program.

"The other one — the lawsuit — they're not talking about the security inquiry, they're talking about Judicial Watch," Clinton continued, saying she believes there will be a resolution on the FBI's inquiry, and as far as the litigation is concerned, "some of them are right-wing outfits. Those will proceed and I'm not worried or concerned about them. I just don't want people to confuse the two."

The former secretary of state addressed several other issues in her interview, including her opinion on why younger women in the early primary states supported Sen. Bernie Sanders and not her.

"I think with younger women, I think they have every reason to feel like things are kind of messed up, "Clinton said. "I've talked to many, many young people and even — not just those who support me, those who support my opponent and that's what comes through."

Clinton in the interview also promised that if elected, she'll stand her ground "on things I don't agree with, but let's try to find as much common ground as possible."

"When I got to the senate, Lindsey Graham (R-S.C) was my colleague," she said. "We started to get to know each other. There was a lot of history there, as you know, and then we teamed up to get health care for National Guard members.

"I traveled with him and John McCain. We got to know each other and that is exactly what I will do. There are very few people or certain events in politics where you say you have to write somebody off."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Hillary-Email-Probe-Democrats-Private/2016/02/26/id/716265/#ixzz41ILpDBBv

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #417 on: February 29, 2016, 09:11:10 AM »
How the heck is her clearance not suspended? 

Senior Clinton aide maintained top secret clearance amid email probe, letters show
By Catherine Herridge, Pamela K. Browne 
Published February 29, 2016 
FoxNews.com

Pictured left, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Pictured right, her former chief of staff Cheryl Mills. (AP/Reuters)

EXCLUSIVE: A senior Hillary Clinton aide has maintained her top secret security clearance despite sending information now deemed classified to the Clinton Foundation and to then-Secretary of State Clinton's private unsecured email account, according to congressional letters obtained by Fox News.

Current and former intelligence officials say it is standard practice to suspend a clearance pending the outcome of an investigation. Yet in the case of Cheryl Mills, Clinton’s former chief of staff at the State Department, two letters indicate this practice is not being followed -- even as the Clinton email system remains the subject of an FBI investigation. 

In an Oct. 30, 2015, letter to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley, R-Iowa -- who has been aggressively investigating the Clinton email case -- Mills' lawyer Beth A. Wilkinson confirmed that her client “has an active Top Secret clearance." The letter said previous reporting from the State Department that the clearance was no longer active was wrong and due to "an administrative error." 

A second letter dated Feb. 18, 2016, from the State Department's assistant secretary for legislative affairs, Julia Frifield, provided additional details to Grassley about the "administrative error." It, too, confirmed Mills maintained the top secret clearance.

The letters come amid multiple congressional investigations, as well as an FBI probe focused on the possible gross mishandling of classified information and Clinton's use of an unsecured personal account exclusively for government business. The State Department is conducting its own administrative review.

Under normal circumstances, Mills would have had her clearance terminated when she left the department. But in January 2014, according to the State Department letter, Clinton designated Mills “to assist in her research.” Mills was the one who reviewed Clinton’s emails before select documents were handed over to the State Department, and others were deleted.

Dan Maguire, a former strategic planner with Africom who has 46 years combined service, told Fox News his current and former colleagues are deeply concerned a double standard is at play.

"Had this happened to someone serving in the government, their clearance would have already been pulled, and certainly they would be under investigation. And depending on the level of disclosure, it's entirely possible they would be under pretrial confinement for that matter," Maguire explained. "There is a feeling the administration may want to sweep this under the rug.”

On Monday, the State Department was scheduled to release the final batch of Clinton emails as part of a federal court-mandated timetable.

So far, more than 1,800 have been deemed to contain classified information, and another 22 “top secret” emails have been considered too damaging to national security to release even with heavy redactions.

As Clinton's chief of staff, Mills was a gatekeeper and routinely forwarded emails to Clinton's personal account. As one example, a Jan. 23, ‎2011 email forwarded from Mills to Clinton, called "Update on DR meeting," contained classified information, as well as foreign government information which is "born classified."

The 2011 email can be declassified 15 years after it was sent -- indicating it contained classified information when it was sent. 

Fox News was first to report that sworn declarations from the CIA notified the intelligence community inspector general and Congress there were "several dozen emails" containing classified information up to the most closely guarded government programs known as “Special Access Programs.”

Clinton has maintained all along that she did not knowingly transmit information considered classified at the time.

The U.S. Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual lays out the penalties for taking classified information out of secure government channels – such as an unsecured email system. While the incidents are handled on a "case by case" basis, the manual suggests the suspension of a clearance is routine while "derogatory information" is reviewed.

The manual says the director of the Diplomatic Security Service, "based on a recommendation from the Senior Coordinator for Security Infrastructure (DS/SI), will determine whether, considering all facts available upon receipt of the initial information, it is in the interests of the national security to suspend the employee’s access to classified information on an interim basis. A suspension is an independent administrative procedure that does not represent a final determination …”

Fox News has asked the State Department to explain why Mills maintains her clearance while multiple federal and congressional investigations are ongoing. Fox News also asked whether the department was instructed by the FBI or another entity to keep the clearance in place. Fox News has not yet received a response.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/29/senior-clinton-aide-maintained-top-secret-clearance-amid-email-probe-letters-show.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #418 on: February 29, 2016, 06:21:23 PM »
State Dept finishes Clinton email release, more than 2,000 classified emails in total
Published February 29, 2016
FoxNews.com

On the eve of Super Tuesday, the State Department released the final installment of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's emails from her private server, bringing the total to more than 2,000 emails containing classified information. 

The 261 new classified emails are among the approximately 1,700 emails in 3,800 pages released by State Department in the 14th, and final, Clinton email release.

Monday’s release brings the total number of classified Clinton emails to 2,080 among the more than 52,000 pages of emails she turned in to the State Department last year.

In releasing the final batch of 3,800 documents, the department also settled a long-running dispute over one sensitive email as intelligence agencies dropped a months-long demand an exchange on North Korea's nuclear program be designated "top secret," the highest level of classification.

The State Department, which had insisted the information was not classified at all, partially won its battle over the document as the intelligence community revised its initial assessment and determined the information was "secret," the next lower classification.

"Based on subsequent review, the intelligence community revisited its earlier assessment," State Department spokesman John Kirby told reporters. He added: "The original assessment was not correct and the document does not contain top secret information."

The announcement came a day before Clinton competes in 11 Democratic primary contests. She is the front-runner to win the Democratic presidential nomination.

The department faced a Monday deadline set by a federal judge to release the final documents from the private server Clinton exclusively used while in government. Clinton aides went through her emails and turned over the ones they determined to be work-related.

The North Korea email is one of two that Charles I. McCullough, lead auditor for U.S. intelligence agencies, identified last year as particularly problematic. The other concerned the CIA's drone program and led to officials classifying 22 emails from Clinton's private account last month as "top secret." They were withheld from publication.

The State Department claims that no emails Clinton wrote or received were marked as classified at the time of transmission, which Clinton has repeatedly cited in her own defense.

Intelligence officials however tell Fox News this is a dubious claim, and that all the emails were born classified.

As with earlier releases, Monday's contained emails with information that has been upgraded to "secret" and "confidential." 261 were so identified, bring the total of such upgrades to more than 2,050 for the entire set. No material in Monday's release contained documents with information now deemed "top secret."

However, the current batch did include one message with an attachment that purported to be a classified note that Tom Donilon, Obama's national security adviser, slipped into Jerusalem's Wailing Wall on a trip to Israel in 2012.

However, officials said the attachment along with its contents were, in fact, a joke sent to Clinton by an aide.

The attachment is addressed to "Hashem," a Hebrew word for God, and includes inside jokes poking fun at then-U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice and Clinton's top Asia aide, Kurt Campbell. It bears a "TOP SECRET" stamp.

"This document, and the email chain to which it was attached, are unclassified," a State Department official said. "This document is not a real note. It is a joke written by Secretary Clinton's communications adviser, Philippe Reines, and was attached to an email chain discussing senior officials' travel to Israel in July 2012." The official wasn't authorized to speak publicly on the matter and demanded anonymity.

On the North Korea document, Kirby stressed that the exchange had only been "provisionally" upgraded in classification, suggesting the department doesn't even fully accept the lesser finding.

"The information available to diplomats and the judgments they form do not necessarily need to be classified just because there are parallel intelligence sources," Kirby said.

In addition to portions of that document being censored, one email between Clinton and President Barack Obama was also withheld from publication on Monday, bringing to 19 the total of such messages that have been kept private to protect the president's ability to receive advice from his aides.

Those emails are not classified and will be released eventually like other presidential records.

Another email on an unidentified law enforcement matter was also withheld from Monday's release, which was done in accordance with Freedom of Information Act standards. Kirby said that one also is unclassified.

In another exchange at the end of 2009, Clinton received some early advice from her confidant Sidney Blumenthal on how to take a "different approach" from President Obama in dealing with the aftermath of the attempted bombing of a Delta Airlines flight in Detroit.

Blumenthal encouraged Clinton to channel her inner John F. Kennedy following the aftermath of the botched Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba, saying that JFK took personal responsibility for the failure and encouraged her to do the same.

"Don't blame anyone in public!” he encouraged  Clinton.

He added that said President Obama's refusal to take responsibility for the underwear bomber was a "failure." 

Years later, critics faulted Hillary Clinton for not taking personal responsibility immediately following the terrorist attack on her consulate in Libya, killing the ambassador and three other Americans.

The White House refused to let Clinton hire Blumenthal to join her team officially.  Instead, he relayed advice to her on the private server.

Late last year Clinton told the Benghazi Select Committee the emails and advice from Blumenthal were "unsolicited."

In another email, Sid told Clinton the "very clever" Denis McDonough then working in the National Security Council was "inadvertently" setting up the president "for a fall."

He also accused New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd of a drive by shooting, which he called a drive-by "machine gunning."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/29/state-dept-finishes-clinton-email-release-more-than-2000-classified-emails-in-total.html?intcmp=hpbt1

absfabs

• Getbig III
« Reply #419 on: February 29, 2016, 06:49:31 PM »
Why do you suppose that is? if she's this bad now (actually all of her entire political career) can you imagine if she should become president. Holy crap.

amen

Hillary could be almost as bad as Obama, the worst president of all time?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #420 on: March 02, 2016, 06:37:32 AM »
amen

Hillary could be almost as bad as Obama, the worst president of all time?
Only a fool would think Obama is the worst president of all time

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #421 on: March 02, 2016, 07:29:50 PM »
DOJ grants immunity to ex-Clinton staffer who set up email server
By Evan Perez, CNN Justice Reporter
Wed March 2, 2016 | Video Source: CNN

Washington (CNN)Bryan Pagliano, a former Clinton staffer who helped set up her private email server, has accepted an immunity offer from the FBI and the Justice Department to provide an interview to investigators, a U.S. law enforcement official told CNN Wednesday.

The FBI has been asking for Pagliano's cooperation for months as dozens of investigators pored over thousands of Clinton emails in a secure room on the fourth floor of FBI headquarters.

The probe shifted into a new phase recently as investigators completed the review of the emails, working with intelligence agencies and the State Department to determine whether they were classified.

The Washington Post first reported Pagliano's cooperation.

"As we have said since last summer, Secretary Clinton has been cooperating with the Justice Department's security inquiry, including offering in August to meet with them to assist their efforts if needed," said Brian Fallon, a spokesman for Clinton's presidential campaign.

Fallon added that the campaign was "pleased" Pagliano was cooperating with the Justice Department.

Last fall, when Pagliano invoked his Fifth Amendment rights and declined to talk to congressional investigators, Fallon said: "(Clinton has) encouraged everyone to cooperate because we want to make every good-faith effort to be transparent and answer any questions people have. With Mr. Pagliano, we encouraged him as well because we don't think he has any reason to not be transparent about the help that he provided from an IT perspective, but unfortunately, it is his choice what to do."

A message left with Pagliano's attorney was not immediately returned.

With the completion of the email review, FBI investigators are expected to shift their focus on whether the highly sensitive government information, including top secret and other classified matters, found on Clinton's private email server constitutes a crime.

The emails released publicly show some Clinton aides sent the sensitive information, often from the State Department's unclassified email system, to others, and eventually to Clinton at her private email address. She didn't use a State Department email account.

The released emails appear to align with her public statements that she didn't send emails that were marked as classified.

She did receive emails from aides that, while not marked as classified, did contain information that should not have been handled outside the government's secure email system, the emails released so far have found.

The FBI reviewers oversaw the process that upgraded the emails now known to be highly sensitive as part of a series of State Department Freedom of Information Act releases that ended Monday.

Clinton has said she hasn't been asked to be interviewed for the FBI probe.

Republican candidates quickly pounced on the development Wednesday night.

"This is an ominous development for the Clinton campaign and for Democrats as a whole," Texas Sen. Ted Cruz told Fox News' Megyn Kelly. "This suggests that the investigation is moving to a whole other level. She is going to be a badly wounded candidate, and if we nominate a strong Republican nominee, we're going to win this general election."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/02/politics/hillary-clinton-email-server-justice-department/index.html

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #422 on: March 03, 2016, 07:13:44 AM »
DOJ grants immunity to ex-Clinton staffer who set up email server
By Evan Perez, CNN Justice Reporter
Wed March 2, 2016 | Video Source: CNN

Washington (CNN)Bryan Pagliano, a former Clinton staffer who helped set up her private email server, has accepted an immunity offer from the FBI and the Justice Department to provide an interview to investigators, a U.S. law enforcement official told CNN Wednesday.

The FBI has been asking for Pagliano's cooperation for months as dozens of investigators pored over thousands of Clinton emails in a secure room on the fourth floor of FBI headquarters.

The probe shifted into a new phase recently as investigators completed the review of the emails, working with intelligence agencies and the State Department to determine whether they were classified.

The Washington Post first reported Pagliano's cooperation.

"As we have said since last summer, Secretary Clinton has been cooperating with the Justice Department's security inquiry, including offering in August to meet with them to assist their efforts if needed," said Brian Fallon, a spokesman for Clinton's presidential campaign.

Fallon added that the campaign was "pleased" Pagliano was cooperating with the Justice Department.

Last fall, when Pagliano invoked his Fifth Amendment rights and declined to talk to congressional investigators, Fallon said: "(Clinton has) encouraged everyone to cooperate because we want to make every good-faith effort to be transparent and answer any questions people have. With Mr. Pagliano, we encouraged him as well because we don't think he has any reason to not be transparent about the help that he provided from an IT perspective, but unfortunately, it is his choice what to do."

A message left with Pagliano's attorney was not immediately returned.

With the completion of the email review, FBI investigators are expected to shift their focus on whether the highly sensitive government information, including top secret and other classified matters, found on Clinton's private email server constitutes a crime.

The emails released publicly show some Clinton aides sent the sensitive information, often from the State Department's unclassified email system, to others, and eventually to Clinton at her private email address. She didn't use a State Department email account.

The released emails appear to align with her public statements that she didn't send emails that were marked as classified.

She did receive emails from aides that, while not marked as classified, did contain information that should not have been handled outside the government's secure email system, the emails released so far have found.

The FBI reviewers oversaw the process that upgraded the emails now known to be highly sensitive as part of a series of State Department Freedom of Information Act releases that ended Monday.

Clinton has said she hasn't been asked to be interviewed for the FBI probe.

Republican candidates quickly pounced on the development Wednesday night.

"This is an ominous development for the Clinton campaign and for Democrats as a whole," Texas Sen. Ted Cruz told Fox News' Megyn Kelly. "This suggests that the investigation is moving to a whole other level. She is going to be a badly wounded candidate, and if we nominate a strong Republican nominee, we're going to win this general election."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/02/politics/hillary-clinton-email-server-justice-department/index.html

we knew that was coming eventualy ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #423 on: March 03, 2016, 08:55:29 AM »
This immunity means a grand jury is likely empaneled.  If that is true, indictments are likely coming.  I see trouble. 

LEGENDARY U.S. ATTORNEY 'CONFIDENT' HILLARY GRAND JURY CONVENED
Predicts 'an eruption you cannot believe' if no prosecution

NEW YORK – Former U.S. Attorney Joseph diGenova is confident Department of Justice prosecutors have convened a grand jury in the Hillary Clinton email case, based on comments from Attorney General Loretta Lynch.

Lynch was interviewed Monday on Fox News’ “Special Report with Brett Baier.”

DiGenova, who was U.S. attorney for Washington, D.C., for four years, during which time he handled cases involving international drug smuggling, espionage, insider trading, public corruption, the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act and more, also told WND he was confident the FBI is in the process of developing a solid criminal case against Hillary Clinton.

If there’s no prosecution, said diGenova, who served as chief counsel for the Senate Rules Committee as well as counsel to the Senate Judiciary, Government Affairs and Select Intelligence committees, there will be “an eruption you cannot believe” within the intelligence community.

“Yesterday, when Brett Baier asked Attorney General Lynch whether there was a grand jury in Hillary Clinton’s email case, she did not deny a grand jury had been convened,” diGenova pointed out. “If no grand jury had been convened, Attorney General Lynch could easily have denied a grand jury had been convened without violating grand jury secrecy.

Hillary for prosecution, not president! Join the sizzling campaign to put Mrs. Clinton where she really belongs

“Based on Lynch’s refusal to deny a grand jury had been called in Hillary’s case, I’m convinced a grand jury has already been called and is at work in the State Department email case,” he said.

Hillary at the top of the pyramid

DiGenova further noted that Lynch, in the interview with Baier, confirmed the FBI is working with “career independent lawyers” at the Justice Department, providing what diGenova took to be additional confirmation the grand jury convened in the Clinton case was actively at work issuing subpoenas.

“Based on this and other information I have been given, I not only believe a grand jury has been convened in Hillary Clinton’s email case, I also believe that grand jury is actively at work, with the FBI interviewing people in the case and the grand jury subpoenaing witnesses to testify,” he added.

“It is routine in an FBI investigation to interview lower- and mid-level people in a case to get documents and records from them before you ever approach senior individuals like Hillary Clinton, or her top assistants at the State Department, including Huma Abedin and Cheryl Mills,” he continued.

“Hillary Clinton, Huma Abedin, and Cheryl Mills would be at the top of the pyramid of the investigation and they would be approached only at the end of the investigation, after all the other people in the case have been interviewed and all available documents and records obtained,” diGenova explained.

“I believe the FBI is proceeding in the traditional way with Hillary’s email case, by working their way up the pyramid, from the lower people all the way up to the top.”

A tale of two investigations

DiGenova explained to WND there are two FBI investigations going on simultaneously, with the first one involving Hillary Clinton’s private server and possible violations of the national security laws regarding the handling of classified information.

The second investigation involves what Justice Department prosecutors call an “official acts” investigation, regarding a possible correlation between “official acts” performed by Hillary Clinton as secretary of state, her office and the State Department, and large donations made to the Clinton Foundation by countries, corporations and individuals.

“The second investigation is more complex, more document-oriented, more subpoena-oriented investigation, but it is clearly underway,” diGenova said.

“The inspector general at the State Department has started a similar, parallel investigation to determine whether or not official acts were committed by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and her staff in exchange for contributions to various Clinton Foundation initiatives,” he added.

“The nexus between the ‘official acts’ and contributions to Clinton Foundation initiatives is becoming so clear and the evidence has convinced me that if the Justice Department has not already convened a grand jury, there is no doubt there’s corruption within the Justice Department,” he insisted.

“With regards to the first investigation, when you set up the private server in the Clinton home in Chappaqua, for use solely of Secretary Clinton’s government communications, she knew that classified information inevitably would come through that server,” diGenova stressed.

“When Hillary Clinton set up the server, she therefore had the intent to transfer classified information in a non-secure network, and she thereby automatically violated the statute that makes it a crime to store and maintain improperly classified documents,” he continued.

“In addition, knowing that you have a private server, you of course are naturally going to take off the markings that show a document is classified, because you know you cannot have those documents with the security markings on that private server system,” he said.

“The taking off of the security markings is in and of itself a crime in that the removal of classification is a felony. Then transmitting the documents without security markings on the server is another felony,” diGenova detailed. “You don’t need any more evidence of criminal intent other than the establishment of the private server initially and the stripping of the classification markings later.”

‘An eruption like you cannot believe’

“The criminal case against Hillary Clinton is a no-brainer,” he concluded. “If people are not prosecuted for this server, there will be an eruption like you cannot believe within the intelligence community.

“The evidence there will be an eruption comes from Michael Hayden, former director of the CIA and the NSA, who when being interviewed in August, said the ‘original sin’ of creating Hillary Clinton’s private server as the sole communications device for the secretary can never be fixed,” he said with determination. “That starts it and ends it – it’s over – the original sin of the private server creates the crime and ends the investigation. The rest is icing on the cake.

“You cannot believe what is going on in the intelligence community,” he added. “They are going crazy – there is going to be a revolt like you have never seen if people are not indicted for this.”

DeGenova was appointed in 1992 as independent counsel in the Clinton passport file search matter. He later was appointed to be chairman of the grievance committee of the D.C. district court and in 1997 was named special counsel by the U.S. House to probe the International Brotherhood of Teamsters.

In 2007, diGenova was retained by the New York state senate to investigate then-Gov. Eliot Spitzer in the Troopergate matter. He led the prosecution of Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard and was the principal assistant U.S. attorney during the prosecution of attempted presidential assassin John W. Hinckley.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/03/legendary-u-s-attorney-confident-doj-convened-hillary-grand-jury/#BKRk3pMmvR8yIZZh.99

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #424 on: March 03, 2016, 01:31:42 PM »
I think the true issue is going I be whether or not she committed a crime. Seems to be in question.

If she does get indicted. Hey there Bernie.

Someone mentioned Biden coming out if she does. I dunno.