Author Topic: 38 Days Later...into Anabolic Diet  (Read 12596 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: 38 Days Later...into Anabolic Diet
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2015, 08:15:22 AM »

ThTs kind of what i was also thinking. I guess the problem is at even 2200, that soon becomes your baseline since your body adapts, so then any foods over 2200 start becoming stored?

Yeah, that's about it. I've found the low to mid 2k area is the happy medium where I can enjoy life without my pants size increasing. Would I be leaner eating 1800? Yes. Would I be happier? No.

What we're talking about is the difference between being in good shape and having very low bodyfat.

The average American eats 3700 cals a day. That's why there's so much Diabetes. At that level people are taking in 350-400 grams of carbs a day, without even exercising. That's a sure ticket to clogged arteries.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2015, 10:27:06 AM »
HIIT is anaerobic.  At levels beyond 70% of max heart rate, the pathway is not sufficient to burn bodyfat during the intense exercise. The body will burn mostly glucose. If there is none available the body will make it itself via gluconeogenesis, and that's where it takes it from protein in muscle tissue.   There is an HIIT aferburn effect, but if you're on low carb, your best bet to minimize muscle loss is to do steady stream cardio, at levels below 70% max heart rate.   I've seen far too many people over the years make the mistake of doing HIIT such as Insanity on ultra low carb diets, and then end up looking like smaller, flabbier versions of their former heavier selves, because they sacrificed too much muscle tissue in their quest to lose 'weight'.
THIS...  :) agree 100% but the HIIT fans won´t listen

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2015, 10:57:06 AM »
So doctor Erik, an LDL of 190 is fine?

High cholesterol is because of inflammation caused by eating carbs, sugar and starches. Your refeed day (cheat day) is going to exaggerate the inflammation that your body responds too, by creating more cholesterol rapidly. Easy to jack up serum cholesterol levels, when you pig out big time on carbs, on your cheat day. PEDs can also cause inflammation, and therefore higher serum cholesterol levels, too.

It's been what, about two months, and 4 or 5 threads now, about the alleged anabolic, keto, low carb diet, that you were supposed to be doing, and you haven't lost an ounce of fat? You should have lost at least 20# of body fat by now, at a minimum, if you were really doing anything close to an extremely low carb, keto type diet. So, in reality you didn't do the keto right, and it doesn't seem you want to do it for real, either. So just forget about it, and do, and eat, what ever you want, without aggravating yourself about pretending to be on a diet, that you're not really doing anyway.

Count calories, eat small, and get Huge, (not really) like the dopes were telling you to do.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2015, 11:20:26 AM »
High cholesterol is because of inflammation caused by eating carbs, sugar and starches. Your refeed day (cheat day) is going to exaggerate the inflammation that your body responds too, by creating more cholesterol rapidly. Easy to jack up serum cholesterol levels, when you pig out big time on carbs, on your cheat day. PEDs can also cause inflammation, and therefore higher serum cholesterol levels, too.

It's been what, about two months, and 4 or 5 threads now, about the alleged anabolic, keto, low carb diet, that you were supposed to be doing, and you haven't lost an ounce of fat? You should have lost at least 20# of body fat by now, at a minimum, if you were really doing anything close to an extremely low carb, keto type diet. So, in reality you didn't do the keto right, and it doesn't seem you want to do it for real, either. So just forget about it, and do, and eat, what ever you want, without aggravating yourself about pretending to be on a diet, that you're not really doing anyway.

Count calories, eat small, and get Huge, (not really) like the dopes were telling you to do.

Lol diet is spot on beside one cheat meal a week. Lost about 5lbs so far. Actually didnt lose any weight till i came to my senses and cut calories. The recommended of 3200-3600 cals does nothing but drop a lil water.
Starting to look good and been following diet well. The LDL is concerning and i highly doubt is from one cheAt meal 3 days before a blood draw.

Why are u so angry btw?

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2015, 11:26:37 AM »
Why are u so angry btw?

Angry? Really? I don't know, maybe because I sense that I'm wasting my time here.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2015, 11:42:22 AM »
Why does anyone need 3200 cals on a Keto diet?

Meal 1: 4 whole eggs & green salad + some red pepper & a few cherry tomatoes

Meal 2: 1/2 lb of chicken w/ meal 1 salad + 2 oz cheese

Meal 3: 1/2 lb chopped beef w/ meal 1 salad + 2 oz cheese

That's a high fat, low carb diet with adequate protein, and no where near 3200 cals.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2015, 11:47:47 AM »
Why does anyone need 3200 cals on a Keto diet?

To workout hard, and build muscle tissue. To GetBig, you need to EatBig!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2015, 12:00:33 PM »
To workout hard, and build muscle tissue. To GetBig, you need to EatBig!

No, to get real big, you have to take steroids. Without them, you'll gain at most five pounds of muscle. The rest will be fat.

No bodybuilder past the age of 30 has ever put on any additional muscle without upping the dosage.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2015, 12:15:09 PM »
No, to get real big, you have to take steroids. Without them, you'll gain at most five pounds of muscle. The rest will be fat.

No bodybuilder past the age of 30 has ever put on any additional muscle without upping the dosage.

You need to study the subjects of Physical Culture, and Old Time Strongmen. They didn't have drugs available, yet they got big and strong.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2015, 12:19:17 PM »
Angry? Really? I don't know, maybe because I sense that I'm wasting my time here.

Nah i actually appreciate your insight into all of this, hence why I ask questions.

Interesting enough I have two bloodwork reports both while on 500mg of test.
The first was a balanced paleo esq diet, had sweet potatoes, oats, meats, etc. no dairy no butter.
Cholesterol was 170 total, with 60 hdl, 100 ldl. Also keep in mind I had one cheat day per week here as well.

On the AD, i cut the sweet potato, and oats. And upped fats with butter, steaks, coconut oil on occasion, and my lipids were total shit as I just showed you. One cheat a week. AAS, and weight work outs were the same.

Either way, interesting to say the least so i am not sold on the AD yet as far as long term lifestyle