Author Topic: HELP! I need new routines! mon,tue,thur,friday???!  (Read 1997 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
HELP! I need new routines! mon,tue,thur,friday???!
« on: February 24, 2006, 11:17:22 AM »
Hi everyone! for those experts on this board. i need some new routines. i've been working out steady for 1 year. i'm 41 years old, 5'10, weight about 218, body fat i would estimate at roughly 15% plus? anyway, looking to eventually (i'm talking a few years down the road) get to about 240 plus, and around 10 %bodyfat, perhaps a tad less year round. i'm naturally pretty broad up top as well.

anyway, like i said i've only been working out steadily for 1 year. i started out doing the usually monday, wednesday, friday full body workout and i did this with exercise variations for about 6 months, and in the last 6 months, once again i've been doing monday, wednesday and friday workouts. but on monday i just do chest, shoulders, and triceps, with about 3 to 4 exercise and 3 to 4 sets for each body part, then on wednesday i do only legs, with leg press, extensions and curls and hack squats once again 3 to 4 sets, and on friday it's back, biceps, traps and forearms, the usual 3 to 4 exercises and 3 to 4 sets.

i feel i'm at stand still already with my workout in that my trainer only has me working each body part 1 day a week, i agree in years to come that i should only workout each body part 1 day a week, but after only 1 year, i don't think i've reached that level of experience.

i feel i should perhaps go to a monday,tues,thurs,friday workout for awhile.
some think i might overtrain, but i have to tell you, that while i'm sore for the particular bodypart that i worked that day for instance chest on monday and a little bit sore the next day, by wednesday and especially by thursday, i'm fine. likewise in all my other bodyparts. so i kind of think to myself right now " damn, i worked out chest, shoulders, triceps on monday and i cant' believe i have to or i'm supposed to wait until the next monday to train them again????!!

it justs seems to me that after only 1 year of consistent training, i could and should be doing more. at least until perhaps 2 years of training and then i can go to perhaps a 3 day on, 1 day off, 4 day on, 1 day off and 5 day on, 2 day off cycles.

so anyone and everyone help me out here please! give me some good mon,tues,thurs,fri workout routines at least to tie me over for let's say the next 6 months?! my plan i think is to do this 4 day routine for 6 months, each month, changing up the exercises, and every 3 months taking a week off?

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
Re: HELP! I need new routines! mon,tue,thur,friday???!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 01:34:54 PM »
Sounds like your intensity isn't high enough if your doing 3 full body workouts a week.
Dude, it takes a lot more than just a routine.  If I were you I would be worried about dieting because that is a factor more than your routine in my mind.  You can do the perfect routine that is best for your specific body and genes, but you don't eat the right way to feed your muscles bro, its all for nothing.
Go to the nutrition board and read up on their dieting info.  The have a bulking thread, read it TWICE.
Heres a routine I would think about trying. Do a warm up set then 3 sets of 10-12 reps
Day 1
Chest and Tris
Bench 
Incline DB Press
Flys
Tricep Pushdowns
Skull Crushers
Rope pushdowns
dips
Day 2
Back and BIs
Wide Grip lat pulls front and back
T bar rows
close grip revers lat pull downs
dumbell rows
alt db curls
close grip bent bar curls
wide grip barbell curls
onearm DB preacher curls
Day 3
Shoulders
DB press
lateral raises
front raises
bentover lateral raises
shrugs
Day 4
Legs
squat
lounges
leg press
leg ext.
leg curls
straing leg deadlifts
Day 5
Rest
calves every day
That is something I through together pretty quickly.  You might want to change a few things but that is the idea I guess if you don't wanna do one bodypart a day.

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 01:21:54 PM »
when your using a four day split. you have to use super high intensity to make every workout count. if you train with low intensity then, you should go to a split that allows you to training more often...

this is what worked for me,
mon chest/bis
tu legs
thu back/traps
fri shoulders/triceps

i go super heavy weight with super high intensity. like dorian but i do alot more sets.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 06:22:34 PM »
unlike dorian, you dont take massive amounts of AAS
Valhalla awaits.

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 10:33:13 AM »
Tom,

If you're going to use a four day routine, you could try an upper/lower split.

Would look like this:

Mon- Upper
Tue- Lower
Thur- Upper
Fri- Lower

*Or you can put lower body first each week.