Author Topic: Vince Gironda Diet question?  (Read 21695 times)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
Re: Vince Gironda Diet question?
« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2015, 11:56:26 AM »
Let me poke holes in your story. Avocados DO NOT get ripe on the tree.  It's only when they're picked or fall that the ripening process begins.  It takes about 3 weeks before they're even edible.  I know this because I have a couple big trees.

Look, this story definitely happened.  Now maybe I got it wrong and the avocados were falling from the tree onto the ground and the dogs were eating them, but it definitely happened.  I stood there in the back yard and saw the avocado trees and witnessed said fat dogs.

On another point whoever posted that it was the carbs in the avocados making the dogs fat is a moron.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2015, 12:27:25 PM »
On another point whoever posted that it was the carbs in the avocados making the dogs fat is a moron.

It was the carbs in the avocados that made the dogs fat. There are nine grams of carbs in a cup of pureed avocado, and the dogs were eating the skins of the fruit too, and that would be way more carbs. Also plant based fats are bad to eat, and can be turned to body fat by eating them with carbs that spike insulin levels to fat creation levels in the body.

The good fats are from animal sources.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2015, 10:22:16 PM »
Yes, I'm sure it was the carbs and not the 4-5 times as many calories of fat in each avocado.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2015, 10:34:24 PM »
Im comparing a session of weights to training for legit athletic events like track meets, marathons, etc.
i think people really over state the amount of carbs needed for the average gym rats session of 12 sets with 2 minutes rest and chatting between each set.

It's not about what's needed, it's about what's optimal. You don't "need" all that protein either really, but chose to take more as you get better results, see what I'm getting at? But you seem to do well lower carb and that's very possible.
?

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2015, 01:02:55 PM »
Add it up...

Avocado
Fruit
The avocado is a tree native to Mexico and Central America, classified in the flowering plant family Lauraceae along with cinnamon, camphor and bay laurel. Wikipedia
Nutrition Facts
Avocados
Amount Per
100 grams
Calories 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g   23%
Saturated fat 2.1 g   10%
Polyunsaturated fat 1.8 g   
Monounsaturated fat 10 g   
Cholesterol 0 mg   0%
Sodium 7 mg   0%
Potassium 485 mg   13%
Total Carbohydrate 9 g   3%
Dietary fiber 7 g   28%
Sugar 0.7 g   
Protein 2 g   4%
Vitamin A   2%   Vitamin C   16%
Calcium   1%   Iron   3%
Vitamin D   0%   Vitamin B-6   15%
Vitamin B-12   0%   Magnesium   7%
*Per cent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2015, 01:29:07 PM »
Yes, I'm sure it was the carbs and not the 4-5 times as many calories of fat in each avocado.

The reason the Keto movement has failed to succeed, other than temporarily, is that it's based on the flawed assumption that Americans eat a high carb, low fat diet. When in reality, Americans eat a high carb, high fat diet.

This miscalculation has resulted in Keto dieters attempting to replace the carbs removed from the diet with fats. So, guys like Fat Jimmy Moore (left, below), Author of "Keto Clarity" are dousing everything with oil, guzzling heavy cream, and not seeing results.

In their food addicts minds, they're on the right path, and while they're still fat they're fat for the right reasons.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2015, 01:43:08 PM »
The reason the Keto movement has failed to succeed, other than temporarily, is that it's based on the flawed assumption that Americans eat a high carb, low fat diet. When in reality, Americans eat a high carb, high fat diet.

This miscalculation has resulted in Keto dieters attempting to replace the carbs removed from the diet with fats. So, guys like Fat Jimmy Moore (left, below), Author of "Keto Clarity" are dousing everything with oil, guzzling heavy cream, and not seeing results.

In their food addicts minds, they're on the right path, and while they're still fat they're fat for the right reasons.

No. The reason some keto, and low carb diets, fail, is that they're not real low carb diets at all, just BS published as "low carb," by fifth column phonies, secretly promoted by the food industry. People try diets, falsely labeled as "low carb," or "keto," don't get results, then say those diets don't work.

Jimmy Moore is a deliberate fraud. Use your brain. Why would anyone, try any diet, promoted by a fat slob?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2015, 03:27:55 PM »
You're just pretending there's no difference between 2k and 3k calories. What exactly happens to that extra 1k? And, don't tell training. Bodybuilding doesn't burn much fat.

We're really not far apart. You just won't concede that calories matter.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2015, 03:51:11 PM »
You're just pretending there's no difference between 2k and 3k calories. What exactly happens to that extra 1k? And, don't tell training. Bodybuilding doesn't burn much fat.

We're really not far apart. You just won't concede that calories matter.

As long as they're not carb calories, then they don't matter. Don't eat sugars and starches, and only less than 10% green and leafy vegetables, as your only carbs, then you can eat all the fats and proteins, from animal sources, in roughly 70% fats and 30% protein portions, that you want, or can eat, and you not only won't get fat, in fact you will lose body fat.

Not a complicated plan that I could publish and make a big buck off of, just a simple word to the wise. Again, if you want to GetBig, then you have to EatBig. Worked for the Old Skool guys, and no drugs needed.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2015, 05:02:21 PM »
Calories do matter Erik. I basically experimented on myself with the AD and didnt start shredding up until i dropped the cals into the low 2000s

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2015, 05:22:59 PM »
Calories do matter Erik. I basically experimented on myself with the AD and didnt start shredding up until i dropped the cals into the low 2000s

NO. You kept eating carbs. You were pretending to do AD.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2015, 05:30:45 PM »
NO. You kept eating carbs. You were pretending to do AD.

Ok sure, well when i want to gain size ill eat high calories.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2015, 05:40:52 PM »
Ok sure, well when i want to gain size ill eat high calories.

Sure. More carb calories. That's what you did already, bulking, eating carbs, making body fat, not muscle tissue. Eating more carb calories just makes you fat, and "dieting down" doesn't create muscle tissue. But, whatever.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2015, 05:43:34 PM »
Sure. More carb calories. That's what you did already, bulking, eating carbs, making body fat, not muscle tissue. Eating more carb calories just makes you fat, and "dieting down" doesn't create muscle tissue. But, whatever.

Ok cool thanks man!!!!