Author Topic: Rey Mysterio Kills Fellow Wrestler In The Ring  (Read 6572 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Rey Mysterio Kills Fellow Wrestler In The Ring
« on: March 21, 2015, 02:42:19 PM »
Last minutes of this guy's life is right here on video

----------

Tragic news out of Mexico as Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion wrestler Pedro Aguayo Ramirez (better known as Hijo del Perro Aguayo) died Friday night in Tijuana while taking part in a tag-team match with former WWE performer Rey Mysterio.

Mysterio delivered a dropkick and landed his patented “619” on Ramirez — a move where a wrestler has his head draped on the second rope and receives a kick to the face. Unfortunately the move didn’t go off as planned. Via PWTorch.com:

According to news reports, El Hijo took the 619 in the trachea trying to avoid the move, causing severe whiplash. El Hijo was placed on a backbrace by paramedics and taken out of the Municipal Auditorium arena to Del Prado hospital.

The Zeta publication initially reported that El Hijo was stabilized at the hospital after losing consciousness. However, local news outlet El-Mexicano.com reported that El Hijo was pronounced dead around 1:00 a.m. local time. Zeta followed up with a headline story also reporting that El Hijo died early Saturday morning.

The match, put on by CRASH wrestling, went on for several minutes before Ramirez, 35, received medical assistance. You can watch video of the final moments of the match here.

The Baja California state prosecutor's office has opened an investigation into possible manslaughter, per the Associated Press. Friday was only Mysterio’s second time wrestling following his departure from World Wrestling Entertainment in February.

The son of lucha libre legend Pedro Aguayo, Ramirez started his wrestling career at the age of 15 in Mexico teaming with his father and would go on to become a three-time Mexican National Tag Team champion. Along with wrestling in AAA and CMLL (Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre), Aguayo Jr. started his own promotion called Perros del Mal.

AAA released a statement on its website that translates to: "Lucha Libre AAA feels much the loss of one of their star talent, praying for the repose of Pedro Aguayo Ramírez, in addition to the early resignation of his relatives. We thank the media support, understanding, respect and discretion at such a difficult time."

Several wrestlers tweeted their condolences, including TJ Perkins, who was one of the wrestlers in the match:

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Rey Mysterio Kills Fellow Wrestler In The Ring
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 02:57:32 PM »
WTF ???

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 02:58:56 PM »
Hijo del Perro Aguayo had a pretty good character going on when I watched him.  He would often fly into a rage and attack anything and everything around him including the ring ropes.  Used to pound the living shit out of Mystico.

Sad thing is his tag buddy was Hector Garza and he died a while back too.  

Good match here

He bites the crap out of Dr Wagner Jr shoulder and leaves Mystico a bloody mess

Short clip of his antics

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 08:28:58 PM »
RIP..
His dad is a legend in Mexico...
Only 35 years old..
Just saw the video..it looks like he landed awkward..

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 09:16:20 AM »
Looks as though he took a kick to the side of his neck which caused the injury. Very sad.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 03:11:57 PM »
fucked up.

Rey didn't land the 619 he saw something was up before hand.

perhaps the dropkick to the face??

its hard to tell. to me it wasn't obvious what did it.
Flower Boy Ran Away

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 09:12:24 PM »
What Konan did was stupid ..
Shaking him.. and letting his face drop...
They should stopped the match...
Ref should taken control..
Not saying he would of survived.. damage already done..
But just too many careless mistakes done not given a El perro aguayo
A chance to make it if possible..

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 03:21:01 AM »
Before you start bashing different people, get some facts straight

Perro took a bump to the outside, people are not sure if he got some kind of spinal injury or had something that exacerbated this. Only an autopsy will tell.

As someone else stated, Rey knew something was wrong and missed the 619

Konnan thought Perro was punch drunk, glassy eyes and was trying to bring him out of it. Do you really think if Konnan really knew what was going on he would have shaken him!?

No matter how you look at it, very sad specially in front on the fans

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 06:19:14 PM »
Konan was careless..
Plain and simple..
 perro aguayo was hurt.. not moving..
You don't do that shit regardless..
Shake and drop him on the mat..
Watch the video again.. so you can see how careless konan was  ::)

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 04:44:22 PM »
Konan was careless..
Plain and simple..
 perro aguayo was hurt.. not moving..
You don't do that shit regardless..
Shake and drop him on the mat..
Watch the video again.. so you can see how careless konan was  ::)

Are you studying to be a nurse? Konnan though that he was knocked out, not fucking paralyzed or dead. Careless? Konnan isn't a paramedic on site. he's part of the show. Wrestling has it's risks. Freak accident but it's part of the job, it's high risk shit to put on a show. In hindsight...don't move the immobile wrestler who supposed to be part of a SCRIPTED show. Granted...but the show was still in progress and these guys are vulnerable to getting hurt during the course of action. Hell, Msyterio himself has had probably 8 total knee surgeries during his career and will be lucky to walk in a few years.

No one is at fault. SHIT HAPPENS in pro wrestling.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 04:51:36 PM »
Before you start bashing different people, get some facts straight

Perro took a bump to the outside, people are not sure if he got some kind of spinal injury or had something that exacerbated this. Only an autopsy will tell.

As someone else stated, Rey knew something was wrong and missed the 619

Konnan thought Perro was punch drunk, glassy eyes and was trying to bring him out of it. Do you really think if Konnan really knew what was going on he would have shaken him!?

No matter how you look at it, very sad specially in front on the fans

he didn't miss it. If you look closely, the wrestler next to Perro put himself in line to get hit with the 619 and told Perro at the last second to lift his head.

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 07:12:48 PM »
Are you studying to be a nurse? Konnan though that he was knocked out, not fucking paralyzed or dead. Careless? Konnan isn't a paramedic on site. he's part of the show. Wrestling has it's risks. Freak accident but it's part of the job, it's high risk shit to put on a show. In hindsight...don't move the immobile wrestler who supposed to be part of a SCRIPTED show. Granted...but the show was still in progress and these guys are vulnerable to getting hurt during the course of action. Hell, Msyterio himself has had probably 8 total knee surgeries during his career and will be lucky to walk in a few years.

No one is at fault. SHIT HAPPENS in pro wrestling.

Read it again.. ::)
You stated konan is not a paramedic .. exactly .. that's why you don't shake him / drop him..
I stated he was careless in moving him / shaking him then dropping him..
you don't do that .. common sense buddy ..
I never said konan  killed him.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 08:52:57 AM »

Read it again.. ::)
You stated konan is not a paramedic .. exactly .. that's why you don't shake him / drop him..
I stated he was careless in moving him / shaking him then dropping him..
you don't do that .. common sense buddy ..
I never said konan  killed him.

read my post again...I never said that you said that Konnan killed him. You said he was careless...I said he was part of the show and didn't know what the situation was and he shouldn't be held at fault, regardless of what you consider as common sense.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 06:48:41 PM »
Just saw it....purely accidental. It didn't help that he landed on the ropes with his neck first severely whiplashing himself.
Ray was really heartbroken at the funeral.