Author Topic: Cruz or Lose... It's official via Twitter, he's running!  (Read 6412 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Cruz or Lose... It's official via Twitter, he's running!
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2015, 03:44:26 PM »
Nothing posted here supports the claim that Obama The POTUS is "about as extreme liberal as one can get"

Drone Strikes,
Crack down on Whistleblowers/Journalist
Double down in Afghanistan
Had to "evolve" to support gay marriage

just a few off the top of my head

none of which sound like "about as extreme liberal as one can get"

the political page is chock full of hyperbole and exaggerations. It's not enough to just say "I don't like his policy on ______"

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2015, 04:02:48 PM »
Yep, and as Senator Obama not only had a liberal voting record, he had "the most liberal voting record in 2007" and he got elected.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/01/31/study-obama-most-liberal-senator-last-year/

Yep.  He ran on a platform of socialized medicine.  He did lie about not raising taxes, but he didn't hide the fact he would be playing class warfare.  He also said as candidate that his first act as president would be to sign the Freedom of Choice Act (another false statement), which puts him on the fringe, far left of most Americans. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2015, 04:26:39 PM »
Yep.  He ran on a platform of socialized medicine.  He did lie about not raising taxes, but he didn't hide the fact he would be playing class warfare.  He also said as candidate that his first act as president would be to sign the Freedom of Choice Act (another false statement), which puts him on the fringe, far left of most Americans.  

what is the false statement?

The Freedom of Choice Act (H.R. 1964/S. 1173) was a bill in the 110th United States Congress which "declares that it is the policy of the United States that every woman has the fundamental right to choose to bear a child; terminate a pregnancy prior to fetal viability; or terminate a pregnancy after viability when necessary to protect her life or her health."

It prohibits a federal, state, or local governmental entity from denying or interfering with a woman's right to exercise such choices; or discriminating against the exercise of those rights in the regulation or provision of benefits, facilities, services, or information. Provides that such prohibition shall apply retroactively.
It also authorizes an individual aggrieved by a violation of this Act to obtain appropriate relief, including relief against a governmental entity, in a civil action."[1]
Earlier versions of the bill were introduced in 1989 and 1993.[2]

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2015, 05:55:18 PM »
Trump brings birther charge against Cruz

Real estate tycoon Donald Trump cast doubt Monday on whether Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) can run for president because he was born in Canada.

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, can everyone finally AGREE with me that trump is nothing more than a fuckin liberal PLANT by NBC to undermine the GOP?

The first day of the top tea party voice announcing he wants to dethrone the obama/hilary legacy, and what gets the headline?  A fcuknig pretend Republican - a lifetime anti-gun liberal that turned repub recently, paid tens of millions annually by NBC - shitting all over him with already disproven birth certificate allegations?

This is SO OBVIOUS.   I would personally like to facefck any of you repubs that support trump.  You deserve it.  He's trashing the top chance to beat the dems in 2016, after being a lifetime climate change supporter, after being a big shill and making GOP look bad over and over...

Shit, am I the ONLY one that sees this?   LOL

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2015, 06:04:25 PM »
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, can everyone finally AGREE with me that trump is nothing more than a fuckin liberal PLANT by NBC to undermine the GOP?

The first day of the top tea party voice announcing he wants to dethrone the obama/hilary legacy, and what gets the headline?  A fcuknig pretend Republican - a lifetime anti-gun liberal that turned repub recently, paid tens of millions annually by NBC - shitting all over him with already disproven birth certificate allegations?

This is SO OBVIOUS.   I would personally like to facefck any of you repubs that support trump.  You deserve it.  He's trashing the top chance to beat the dems in 2016, after being a lifetime climate change supporter, after being a big shill and making GOP look bad over and over...

Shit, am I the ONLY one that sees this?   LOL

yes, you are the only one

Trump is crazier than a shit house rat

He's not a liberal plant

He's just your standard issue right wing moron

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2015, 06:09:52 PM »
yes, you are the only one
Trump is crazier than a shit house rat
He's not a liberal plant
He's just your standard issue right wing moron

Trump was a lifetime liberal, until a few years ago.  He cried about gun control and global warming and even sent congrats note to Pelosi... IN 2006!!!

NBC pays him tens of millions of bucks.  He does nothing but make the GOP look foolish, and take away airtime from legit GOp contenders.  He's a clown that is sent in to keep the good candidates from getting airtime, and makes important issues - like the legal paperwork of the POTUS - look like tomfoolery.

Liberals should THANK trump for obfuscating the birth certificate issues.  Liberals should THANK trump for taking actual repubs' airtime away in 2012 while never actually running.  Liberals THANK trump by payinig him hansomly for his show on their liberal network. 

Trump being the 2016 GOP nominee means we have 2 democrats in the race.

IMAGINE if roles were reversed... some FOX news idiot like Juan WIlliams runs for POTUS, and acts lke a buffon all the time.  Total plant lol.

James

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2015, 07:00:12 AM »
William Cruz (No matter who you back, read this)
PJ Media's Belmont Club ^ | March 24, 2015 | Richard Fernandez

Michael Van Der Galien has tried to understand why the Ted Cruz presidential candidacy announcement has set social media on its ear and advances a tentative theory. “But why are leftists’ heads exploding as well? I’ve got no doubt I know the answer: they fear him. Tremendously even. He is everything they oppose: a true, small-government conservative.”

If that were all Cruz were guilty of it wouldn’t be half bad. It’s far worse. His “Imagine” speech seemed calculated to ridicule every Leftist shibboleth with predictable effect. The Left lost no time characterizing him as a Christian bigot, a patriarchal supremacist, an uneducated, crazy, anti-poor, anti-abortion “uppity loudmouth” besides being that supreme abomination, a White Latino. If there’s some sacred cow in the Leftist canon Ted Cruz has left undefiled, he will soon enough defile it. That’s the plan.

Cruz was intentionally provocative because he intends to make the Left itself the main issue. People of all shapes and sizes were rising to their feet, clapping their hands raw and shouting themselves hoarse not because they necessarily agree with his policy positions, but because he was sticking it to the Man. He was knocking Gessler’s hat off the pole in the public square and the onlookers loved it.

In around the year 1307 the Habsburg overlords of the alps appointed a man called Gessler to rule over the villagers. Gessler hung his hat on a pole in the square and demanded that all the townsfolk bow before the hat.

We all know what happened next. A fellow named William Tell wandered into the village and did the unthinkable. He refused to bow before the hat.

On 18 November 1307, Tell visited Altdorf with his young son and passed by the hat, publicly refusing to bow to it, and so was arrested. Gessler—intrigued by Tell’s famed marksmanship, yet resentful of his defiance—devised a cruel punishment: Tell and his son would be executed, but he could redeem his life by shooting an apple off the head of his son, Walter, in a single attempt. Tell split the apple with a bolt from his crossbow.

William tell did something everyone thought was impossible. He resisted. The power of Ted Cruz’s speech stems from his refusal to bow before the liberal hat. If you were to re-write his speech into its essentials it might sound like this. “Imagine if we could tell all the stuffed shirts in the media to buzz off. Imagine if we could tell the busybodies to butt out our lives. Imagine if we could actually tell the IRS we want to keep our money. Imagine if we could the tell the NSA you need a warrant to tap my phone. Imagine if we didn’t have to feel guilty of being Americans. Imagine that we could call Islamic terrorism by its name.”

Of course Cruz put it more cannily then that, but that was the message. We can continue.

“But you don’t have to imagine because I’m doing it right now. I am standing right here, committing what is accounted political suicide saying every damned thing you ever felt like saying but couldn’t. I’m on YouTube giving every bit of lip you were afraid to give for fear you might lose your job. Do you see that hat over there my friend? I’m going to knock it down. All I am asking you to do is take out your cellphones and punch in this number and by that ever so negligible act, join in the fray!”

Yippee. There’s not a few who would rise to their feet under the sting of that message and bang their palms together not out of the love of Ted Cruz, but under the impetus of shame. Shame that it took so long for someone to say what was obvious; shame that they hadn’t said it themselves.

The intellectual establishment has predictably taken the bait. Bearded so openly, they have sneered and they snorted and cast aspersions down like ordure from their high towers upon the rabble beneath. That’s exactly the expected response and they’ve only confirmed Cruz’s message. By and by the worst of these taunts will be withdrawn by canny media analysts who understand the trap as laid, but the damage is done. Ted Cruz wanted the aristocracy to show its upturned face and that, it has done.

If anyone wants to know why there was such a wave of emotion in response to his incendiary pronouncements, it is the resentment of the serfs, who dream of being serfs no more. The liberals aren’t fighting Cruz. They’re fighting their whole sordid history of high handed deception.

http://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/2015/03/24/william-cruz/

James

« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2015, 07:16:57 AM »
Give me an example of an extreme right wing political viewpoint.

Global warming skeptic? Most people are.

Supports second amendment? Most people do.

Against amnesty? Most people are.

Against Obamacare? Most people are.

Abolish IRS? Oh please, I can hear the hurrahs before they are even shouted.

So, lefties, please tell me how Ted Cruz is an extremist and out of sync with the american people?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2015, 07:23:23 AM »
Give me an example of an extreme right wing political viewpoint.

Abolish IRS? Oh please, I can hear the hurrahs before they are even shouted.

So, lefties, please tell me how Ted Cruz is an extremist and out of sync with the american people?

what :D a majority of people do believe in global warming

James

« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2015, 07:24:52 AM »
what :D a majority of people do believe in global warming

Poll: 53 Percent Of Americans Don’t Believe In Man-Made Global Warming

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/26/poll-53-of-americans-dont-believe-in-man-made-global-warming/

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2015, 07:30:19 AM »
Poll: 53 Percent Of Americans Don’t Believe In Man-Made Global Warming

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/26/poll-53-of-americans-dont-believe-in-man-made-global-warming/

nice try, over 60% believe in global warming.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2015, 07:45:53 AM »
why did you try to slip in the man made when that's not what you posted originally nor is it what your man cruz believes,you know he doesn't believe in global warming at all, man made of not.nice try anyway

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2015, 07:58:54 AM »
why did you try to slip in the man made when that's not what you posted originally nor is it what your man cruz believes,you know he doesn't believe in global warming at all, man made of not.nice try anyway

explane why you changed the wording,come on it's not that hard you know why you did it :D

James

« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2015, 07:59:54 AM »
Peer-Reviewed Survey Finds Majority Of Scientists Skeptical Of Global Warming Crisis

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2013/02/13/peer-reviewed-survey-finds-majority-of-scientists-skeptical-of-global-warming-crisis/

Once again, Give me an example of an extreme political viewpoint held by Cruz?

James

« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2015, 08:05:24 AM »
explane why you changed the wording,come on it's not that hard you know why you did it :D

What is "explane"?

lol

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2015, 08:09:17 AM »
thats a plane without wings.....come on dude!
L

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2015, 08:10:04 AM »

I guess your not going to answer,doesn't matter I know why you did it as does anybody who reads this :D the same reason you went from Global warming skeptic? Most people are to a Majority Of Scientists Skeptical Of Global Warming

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2015, 08:13:34 AM »
Peer-Reviewed Survey Finds Majority Of Scientists Skeptical Of Global Warming Crisis

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2013/02/13/peer-reviewed-survey-finds-majority-of-scientists-skeptical-of-global-warming-crisis/
Once again, Give me an example of an extreme political viewpoint held by Cruz?

Do you ever bother to read the comments on articles that you post (or read)

Here are the first three comments on the article:

The survey the author cites isn’t “scientists” as stated in the title of the op-ed, it is a survey of the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta. That’s like surveying tobacco company CEO’s about the dangers of smoking. It would be a reasonable piece about the opinion of petroleum engineers in Alberta if that was made clear, instead that was hidden. I wonder why?

“Only 36 percent of geoscientists and engineers believe that humans are creating a global warming crisis, according to a survey reported in the peer-reviewed Organization Studies.”

Mr. Taylor,

As in previous weeks, your editorial rests on misrepresentation of the facts. As billb notes, the survey was conducted by APEGA, a professional organization of engineers and geoscientists in the province of Alberta. According to the study you cite:

“[T]he petroleum industry – through oil and gas companies, related industrial services, and consulting services – is the largest employer, either directly or indirectly, of professional engineers and geoscientists in Alberta.”

Failing to mention this fact is a clear case of misrepresentation. Why are you so eager to mislead Forbes readers? Obviously these survey results cannot honestly be extrapolated to engineers and geoscientists in general as you are trying to do.

“By contrast, a strong majority of the 1,077 respondents believe that nature is the primary cause of recent global warming and/or that future global warming will not be a very serious problem.”

This assertion is directly contradicted by the APEGA report itself which summarizes the results as follows:

27.4% believe it is caused by primarily natural factors (natural variation, volcanoes, sunspots, lithosphere motions, etc.), 25.7% believe it is caused by primarily human factors (burning fossil fuels, changing land use, enhanced water
 evaporation due to irrigation), and 45.2% believe that climate change is caused by both human and natural factors.

Mr. Taylor, in case you are unaware, a “majority” constitutes 50% or more of a sample. In this instance, there is no majority opinion regarding the primary cause of climate change among the APEGA members who responded to the survey. Once again you are misinforming Forbes readers in order to prop up the Heartland Institute’s favored policy of free market environmentalism.

Mr. Taylor, if you have a good argument in favor of free market environmentalism, you should make it. However, your weekly attempts to mislead the public about climate science strongly suggest you don’t have a good argument.

Wow, you did not actually read the article did you? Here’s a paragraph that should have given you a hint about the sample the authors used:

To address this, we reconstruct the frames of one group of experts who have not received much attention in previous research and yet play a central role in understanding industry responses – professional experts in petroleum and related industries. Not only are we interested in the positions they take towards climate change and in the recommendations for policy development and organizational decision-making that they derive from their framings, but also in how they construct and attempt to safeguard their expert status against others. To gain an understanding of the competing expert claims and to link them to issues of professional resistance and defensive institutional work, we combine insights from various disciplines and approaches: framing, professions literature, and institutional theory.

This is pretty classic denialist cherry-picking. The authors surveyed a group a geoscientists in Alberta that were largely drawn from industry. This is nothing like the Oreskes surveys which evaluate the position of a cross-section of experts and consistently find that the overwhelming majority of climate scientists accept the consensus. This is like surveying the tobacco companies on whether or not they believe smoking causes cancer. You also failed to contact the author of the paper for comment (I did, and pointed her to this coverage).

For those interested in what the study actually says, I would suggest actually reading it, rather than accepting this summary at face value. I would describe the paper as demonstrating that within a population of geoscientists in Alberta, largely coming from the oil and gas industry, there are 5 general ways of viewing global warming, or “frames”. The most common of these frames is actually the one most consistent with the IPCC consensus at 36%, that green house gases are the driver of global warming and we need to do something about it. Another 5% believed that regulation for green house gases was necessary even if there still is uncertainty or nature as a dominant driver of climate change. Other frames included a one based on fear of economic regulation (10%) that is largely hostile to the IPCC consensus, and another that nature was the primary driver of global warming (24%), man is insignificant, and these respondents used emotionally-heated language and religious metaphor to attack believers in global warming. There were also frames that could be described as fatalist (17%), global warming is real, but we can’t really do anything about it etc.

Those most likely to believe the “nature” and “economic” frames were white, male, more likely to be in industry at the upper tiers of their corporations.

So, to summarize, this paper demonstrated that when surveying a population, largely consisting of geoscientists and engineers working for the the oil and gas industry, the most common view of global warming (between 36 and 41% if you add the two frames) is that it’s real and we need to do something about it. About 34% of respondents were hostile to the idea of green house gas-cause global warming and the consensus science, and these individuals were more likely to be in the upper tiers of these corporations. Finally, about 17% of respondents said we’re screwed either way (the rest couldn’t be grouped or denied adequate expertise to respond).

In other words, it kind of shows the exact opposite of what Taylor suggests, and could not possibly be generalized to scientists as whole.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2015, 08:16:55 AM »
Do you ever bother to read the comments on articles that you post (or read)

Here are the first three comments on the article:

he'll just try to lie his way out of it,that seems to be what he does ;D

James

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2015, 08:18:16 AM »
I guess you not going to answer,doesn't matter I know why you did it as does anybody who reads this :D the same reason you went from Global warming skeptic? Most people are to a Majority Of Scientists Skeptical Of Global Warming

Such eloquent writing skills.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2015, 08:18:50 AM »
Such eloquent writing skills.

you lie more than a politician,if that's possible :D :D :D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2015, 08:28:53 AM »
he'll just try to lie his way out of it,that seems to be what he does ;D

I think you're giving him too much credit

you assume he knows the truth and is lying

I think it's more likely either willful ignorance (refuse to even look at all the data) or just plain old run of the mill stupidity

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2015, 10:24:28 AM »
thats a plane without wings.....come on dude!

;D

James

« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2015, 11:54:56 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2016, 10:13:46 PM »
Dems should be SCARED of Cruz.   Very scared. 

OH, look, they are.

Donald Trump + Lawrence ODonnell are coordinating their attacks on Cruz now.

Dems are scared, that's for sure.   And the "repubs" that support these pseudo-repub candidates are scared of Cruz too.