Author Topic: Election 2016  (Read 169379 times)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Re: Election 2016
« Reply #475 on: August 16, 2016, 12:23:51 PM »
LOL Trump is only 6 points up in TX.

fckign hilary could end up winning texas.   unreal.  just unreal.

That can't possibly happen.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #476 on: August 16, 2016, 12:26:51 PM »

Normally I would agree.   In any universe, Trump wins TX by 15% like Romney did.  Maybe more.

But Hilary is only down by 6 points now.   She is expanding her TX field offices like crazy.
http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2016/02/clinton-camp-expands-texas-operations-with-houston-campaign-office.html/

She has 7 offices in Texas.   Last I heard, Trump had a PO Box in austin.   At a UPS store.  Really.
http://austin.culturemap.com/news/city-life/02-25-16-donald-trump-texas-campaign-headquarters-austin-mailbox/

Maybe there's an update to the story with a massive Trump effort in Texas, since a 6 point Trump lead isn't much these days.
38 electoral votes.  That's more than flroida's 29, and it's a 78 point swing, since EVERYONE assumed Trump has TX in the bag. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #477 on: August 16, 2016, 12:27:45 PM »

Seriously doubt it, but good luck predicting anything in this race. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #478 on: August 16, 2016, 12:38:43 PM »

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/08/16/trump-catastrophe-worse-gop-poll-hints-texas-play-clinton.html

Trump Catastrophe Gets Worse For GOP As Poll Hints Texas May Be In Play For Clinton

By Jason Easley on Tue, Aug 16th, 2016 at 11:55 am

Donald Trump’s candidacy is quickly turning into a catastrophic GOP event, as a new poll of Texas shows Donald Trump with a relatively small 6 point lead over Hillary Clinton.

Keep in mind that it was only four years ago that Mitt Romney won Texas by 16 points while getting trounced nationally by President Obama.

The latest PPP poll of Texas found a closer than expected contest between Clinton and Trump:

PPP’s new Texas poll finds a relatively tight race, at least on the curve of recent Presidential election results in the state. Donald Trump leads with 44% to 38% for Hillary Clinton, 6% for Gary Johnson, 2% for Jill Stein, and less than half a percent (0) for Evan McMullin. In a head to head contest Trump leads Clinton 50-44 in the state, which Mitt Romney won by 16 points in 2012.................... .....

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #479 on: August 16, 2016, 04:57:42 PM »
I did my part for HRC. Not that her campaign funds are running out.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #480 on: August 16, 2016, 06:02:12 PM »
People who donate to trump are pretty much donating to hillary too.  They can take some solace in that fact.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #481 on: August 16, 2016, 06:02:57 PM »

You donated money to Hillary? 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #482 on: August 16, 2016, 06:20:38 PM »

Prime, are you all excited from thinking it's a handwritten note?

You know better than that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #483 on: August 16, 2016, 06:22:34 PM »

You have hit rock bottom

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #484 on: August 16, 2016, 06:31:55 PM »
Ayotte: I will 'stand up' to Trump but will vote for him
CNN Digital Expansion DC Manu Raju
By Manu Raju, Senior Political Reporter
Tue August 16, 2016

Manchester, New Hampshire (CNN) — Sen. Kelly Ayotte has often found herself in a familiar spot with Donald Trump: Keeping her distance.

But in this fiercely independent state, Ayotte is gambling that voters might reward her for rebuking her own party's nominee. She has criticized Trump and will not endorse him -- yet still plans to vote for the billionaire in November.

"I will take on my own party," Ayotte told CNN in Nashua Monday. "I really believe that this is a big issue in this race -- that I am the one candidate that will stand up to whomever is in the White House to do good things when we can work together -- also when it's wrong to stand up to them."

Ayotte is one of more than a half dozen Republican senators whose fate this fall is critical to saving the GOP's beleaguered Senate majority. And with Trump's standing now eroding rapidly in battleground states, Republican senators need to convince Hillary Clinton voters to split their ticket, warning of the perils of one-party rule in Washington.

For Ayotte, that means spotlighting her criticism of Trump while painting her Democratic opponent, New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan, as a candidate who would simply toe the party line. Selling voters on her independent bona fides may be her best hope.

"The people of New Hampshire need to know are you ever going to disagree with your nominee? And unfortunately, Gov. Hassan has not," Ayotte said.

In an interview in Boscawen, New Hampshire, Hassan said she does differ with Clinton on some issues -- like the former secretary of state's support for closing the prison in Guantanamo Bay and on an online sales tax issue. But Hassan is aligning herself closely with Clinton, stumping with Sen. Tim Kaine at a Manchester rally last weekend and touting the former secretary of state's candidacy in an interview.

"I think that Hillary Clinton and I work for many of the same things, expanding middle class opportunity so that everybody who wants to work hard to get ahead can stay ahead," Hassan said Monday

Yet, being tied too closely with Clinton carries its own risks, with 64% of voters nationally in a recent CNN-ORC poll saying that the former first lady is not honest or trustworthy.

Asked three times if she believes Clinton is honest, Hassan would not answer directly. "I support Hillary Clinton for the presidency because her experience and her record demonstrate that she is qualified to hold the job," Hassan said.

Asked again if she believed Clinton is honest, Hassan touted Clinton's agenda. And asked a third time, Hassan ultimately said: "She has demonstrated a commitment always to something beyond her self, bigger than herself."

The Hassan campaign later clarified the governor's statement, saying she does indeed believe that Clinton is honest.

In the interview, the governor also did not express concerns over FBI Director James Comey's sharp criticism of Clinton's handling of classified emails as "extremely careless."

"If she could rewind and do it differently she would," Hassan said. "But she can't do that. What she has had to do is learn from that mistake and move forward.... And so that's what I expect her to do."

Difference between vote and endorsement?

Despite Trump's slumping numbers in her state, the GOP nominee still has a vocal base of support, given that he routed his fellow Republicans in the presidential primary here in February.

And that has made it harder -- if not impossible -- for Ayotte to completely separate herself from Trump, even as she has criticized his proposed ban on Muslims entering the United States and his fight with a Gold Star family.

Ayotte says there's a difference between voting for someone and endorsing them.

"There's actually a big distinction: Everyone gets a vote, I do too," Ayotte said. "And an endorsement is when you are campaigning with someone."

Ayotte said the situation differs from 2012 when she was barnstorming the state with Mitt Romney -- something she won't do for Trump when he comes to the Granite State.

"While he has my vote he doesn't have my endorsement," Ayotte said of Trump. "I'm going to continue to focus on my race and getting out to people what I have done and getting results for people in New Hampshire."

Hassan, sensing an opening, fired back.

"I think people should hear that statement for what it is: She is trying have it both ways," Hassan said. "What you see the senator doing is saying she will put her party before the national security and safety of our country. I think that is inexcusable."

GOP congressmen ask RNC to move money away from Trump

And giving Democrats fodder, Ayotte refused to say twice if she trusted Trump having his finger on the nuclear codes, launching into a criticism of President Barack Obama and saying Congress would be able to stand up to a President Trump.

"I think, again, we have a system, a strong system, of checks and balances," Ayotte said. "Certainly when he is elected, if he is elected, I would hope that he will surround himself with very knowledgeable people."

What has put Ayotte in an awkward spot was the decision by her fellow New England senator, Maine's Susan Collins, to announce last week that she would not vote for Trump, warning he would make a perilous world "even more dangerous."

Asked about that contention, Ayotte said: "I respect her but each person has to make their own individual decision on who they're going to vote for. And so that's what I've done."

Ayotte suggests Trump release his tax returns

Ayotte's relationship with Trump was thrust back in the news when the nominee told The Washington Post earlier this month that the senator was "weak." A few days later under pressure from his party, Trump announced he would support and endorse Ayotte's candidacy.

Sensing an opportunity to again distance herself from the top of the ticket, Ayotte pushed back.

"Hey listen, I call it like I see it," Ayotte said. "And when he criticizes me, I just said very clearly if I have his endorsement or not, I'm going to continue calling it like I see it for the people of New Hampshire."

Asked if she would stand up to Trump and demand the release of his tax returns, Ayotte suggested he should. But she didn't seem too concerned about it.

"I think that in the presidential race it's better if he releases them," Ayotte said. "But he's got to make that call."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/16/politics/kelly-ayotte-trump-hassan-new-hampshire/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #485 on: August 16, 2016, 06:38:49 PM »
Clinton Announces Transition Leadership Should She Win in November
08/16/2016
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-transition-team_us_57b3076de4b0863b02849e95?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #486 on: August 16, 2016, 06:42:08 PM »
Pollster Zogby: 'Back to a close race,' Clinton 38%, Trump 36%
By Paul Bedard (@SecretsBedard) • 8/16/16

The convention polling bumps for Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton and Republican Donald Trump are over, and they are practically even, according to a new poll of likely voters.

A Zogby Analytics survey provided to Secrets Tuesday shows:

Hillary Clinton 38%

Donald Trump 36%

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pow-its-just-a-2-point-race-clinton-38-trump-36/article/2599471

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #487 on: August 16, 2016, 06:46:44 PM »
You have hit rock bottom

Everyone I know who has been shortsighted enough to donate to either party, has been endlessly hounded after.  And the main technique used is to make the person feel he or she is a "player" and "in the loop" with the "bigshots".  They use emails and "handwritten letters" etc.  Love to punch every one of them right in the face.

Like OzmO says: Get Money Out Of Politics!!

(Btw, I know Prime realizes all this and he's just having fun.)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #488 on: August 17, 2016, 09:38:54 AM »
You have hit rock bottom

so in other words, he's reached your level???

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #489 on: August 17, 2016, 01:20:24 PM »
Another shakeup.  Will it work?

Trump shakes up campaign, prepares to roll out long-awaited ads
Published August 17, 2016
FoxNews.com

Donald Trump, hitting reset on his 2016 campaign, is preparing to roll out his first wave of general election TV ads in four pivotal battleground states after shaking up the top echelon of his team in a bid to focus his message and make up lost ground in the polls against Hillary Clinton.

“I am committed to doing whatever it takes to win this election, and ultimately become President because our country cannot afford four more years of the failed Obama-Clinton policies which have endangered our financial and physical security,” the Republican nominee said in a statement early Wednesday announcing the latest staffing changes.

In what was described as an expansion, Trump promoted pollster Kellyanne Conway to campaign manager and named Stephen Bannon, the co-founder of Breitbart News, as campaign chief executive. Trump said in the statement that Paul Manafort, who took over following the departure of Corey Lewandowski in June, will maintain his current title and work closely with Conway and Bannon on the campaign moving forward.

Meanwhile, a senior Trump aide told Fox News the campaign will be rolling out TV ads Friday in the battleground states of Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida and North Carolina.

This would be three days earlier than Manafort originally planned – the campaign had been preparing to launch ads after the Olympics, which end Sunday. Clinton, though, has been plastering the airwaves with ads, while taking a significant post-convention lead in a number of battleground and national polls.

Trump seems to be changing up his approach, amid concerns that his off-the-cuff style could be hurting him in the general election environment. In a shift, he delivered a scripted speech to a rally audience Tuesday night in Wisconsin, appealing to minority voters in part by accusing Clinton of "bigotry" and saying she sees African-Americans as no more than votes to be won.

In an interview with Fox News, Trump voiced confidence in the state of his campaign.

“We’ve got a lot of money in the bank and I haven’t spent any of it,” he said, while confirming his campaign would be airing ads soon.

“We’ve got some pretty good ads,” he said.

In a statement, Trump also called Conway and Bannon “extremely capable.”

Conway told Fox News that “everyone else” on the campaign will remain in place.

“This is an expansion during the busy homestretch in the campaign,” she added.

Trump will step off the stump Wednesday in order to attend his first classified briefing from intelligence officials, at the FBI office in New York.

On a conference call, Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook suggested little would change for Trump despite the staffing changes.

“What’s become clear from this is that no matter how much the establishment wants to clean Donald Trump up … and get him on message, he has officially won the fight to let Trump be Trump,” he said. “It’s time that we believe him.”

Though Trump previously has resisted repeated calls from fellow Republicans to change his approach on the campaign trail that has powered his surge to the top of the GOP field in the primary season, recent poll numbers have showed that Clinton has a sizeable lead in several key states. It could force Trump to pivot as the campaign moves forward, though he still downplays that possibility.

"You know, I am who I am," he told a local Wisconsin television station Tuesday. "It's me. I don't want to change. Everyone talks about, 'Oh, well you're going to pivot, you're going to.' I don't want to pivot. I mean, you have to be you. If you start pivoting, you're not being honest with people."

The Associated Press reported that the moves were discussed at a lengthy senior staff meeting at Trump Tower Tuesday while the billionaire mogul was on the road. Additional senior hires are expected to come in the next few days.

Trump, whose campaign is built on his persona as a winner, said several times that the campaign is "doing well," and said his speech hours earlier in Wisconsin Tuesday was well-received.

"We're going to be doing something very dramatic," Trump added.

In the Wisconsin outing, Trump accused Clinton of "bigotry" and being "against the police," claiming that she and other Democrats have "betrayed the African American community" and pandered for votes.

Clinton campaign spokeswoman Jennifer Palmieri responded with a statement early Wednesday accusing Trump of being the bigot instead.

"With each passing Trump attack, it becomes clearer that his strategy is just to say about Hillary Clinton what's true of himself. When people started saying he was temperamentally unfit, he called Hillary the same. When his ties to the Kremlin came under scrutiny, he absurdly claimed that Hillary was the one who was too close to Putin. Now he's accusing her of bigoted remarks -- We think the American people will know which candidate is guilty of the charge," she said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/08/17/trump-shakes-up-campaign-prepares-to-roll-out-long-awaited-ads.html

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #490 on: August 17, 2016, 02:06:02 PM »
Prime, are you all excited from thinking it's a handwritten note?

You know better than that.

Nope, not excited at all. It's handwritten but not sent personally to me, therefore it is generic. No doubt millions of these are sent out to those who've donated.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #491 on: August 17, 2016, 02:08:28 PM »
You have hit rock bottom

Don't take it too seriously. The donation was only for $10.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #492 on: August 17, 2016, 02:08:52 PM »
Nope, not excited at all. It's handwritten but not sent personally to me, therefore it is generic. No doubt millions of these are sent out to those who've donated.

But you're not saying Hillary's writing millions of notes, are you?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #493 on: August 17, 2016, 02:15:01 PM »
Don't take it too seriously. The donation was only for $10.

could have fed some poor kenyan immigrant like obama when he was a child in Africa for a month on $10 and instead you sent it to hillary who is worth hundreds of millions.

Makes a lot of sense to me.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #494 on: August 17, 2016, 03:20:00 PM »

I'd donate $1 to the trump campaign if he'd return a note like that with my name on it.

Only I'd change my name to read something like "Dick Fungus" or "Dem Plant".   Would be a cool icebreaker at parties.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #495 on: August 17, 2016, 03:21:07 PM »
could have fed some poor kenyan immigrant like obama when he was a child in Africa for a month on $10 and instead you sent it to hillary who is worth hundreds of millions.

i agree with ya there.  anyone who send trump a dollar while he brags about being worth ten billion is silly.   Anyone who donates to hilary and doesn't receive, say, 20% of the US uranium rights like Russia did, is also silly. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #496 on: August 17, 2016, 05:02:17 PM »

Who says I don't also send money to Africa, etc.

HRC's worth is irrelevant. Trump is contributing more of his personal wealth than any other presidential contender. The only other candidates contributing to their own campaigns are: retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, who has so far reported contributing $25,000; former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at $368,147; and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush at $388,720.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #497 on: August 17, 2016, 05:23:42 PM »
In the event you were wondering about what happens should either Clinton or Trump drop out of the race, I am posting the following information: "For Republicans, a hypothetical disappearance of Trump for reasons not due to health would have them looking at Rule 9 of the Republican National Committee policies. If a vacancy opened up, the GOP would have an opportunity to reconvene for a second convention or have the party name a new candidate. House Speakers, runners-up, or prospective vice presidents could all conceivably have a shot at the open slot, but the party is free to choose anyone and the states would retain the same number of delegates they had during the convention.

Similarly, the Democratic Party’s bylaws stipulate that a special meeting would be called by its chairperson to find a proper replacement. In both cases, the parties would hope the nominee would announce his or her intentions no later than September in order to find a suitable replacement. If they didn't, it’s possible Congress could take the unprecedented step of pushing back Election Day."

http://mentalfloss.com/article/84188/what-happens-if-presidential-nominee-drops-out

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #498 on: August 17, 2016, 06:19:54 PM »
Biden/Warren would motivate the left/dem base and do way better than hilary.

Ryan/Rubio (rubio making lots of noise lately ;) ) would be very good for motivating the repub base to vote.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #499 on: August 18, 2016, 12:18:43 AM »
Biden/Warren would motivate the left/dem base and do way better than hilary.

Ryan/Rubio (rubio making lots of noise lately ;) ) would be very good for motivating the repub base to vote.

So given the parties' rules, is there any hope of this happening? Anything has got to be better than the current offerings.