Author Topic: Keto or Low carb makes face look old?  (Read 10350 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Keto or Low carb makes face look old?
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2015, 12:46:22 PM »
On Keto at the moment, taking a magnesium supplement along with potassium and alot of salt on your food is crucial.Otherwise you are in for headaches and flu feelings galore from lack of electrolytes.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2015, 12:46:56 PM »
Jesus, if you are in your late 60s and still walking the halls of the Thunderdome, good for you.

70 years old and counting here.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2015, 12:51:38 PM »
You continually point out other peoples imaginary fat issues yet not once having shown us how life is at 5% bodyfat all the time. Must be awesome.

Imaginary fat issues? Hey, they posted here, that they wanted to lose body fat. Told them how it was done. Last I checked I'm about 9%, but that was over a year ago. Mostly I just check the mirror, and I like what I see. Awesome indeed.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2015, 01:13:08 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2015, 03:21:58 PM »
All Butt-ler  ;D ;D ;D

-Odd looking expression with his mouth. No offense to anyone, but one wouldn't exactly call him handsome.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2015, 05:37:16 PM »
Imaginary fat issues? Hey, they posted here, that they wanted to lose body fat. Told them how it was done. Last I checked I'm about 9%, but that was over a year ago. Mostly I just check the mirror, and I like what I see. Awesome indeed.
You claimed it, now post a pic as you were bugging coach about.
Also, how the heck are you 9% bodyfat eating foods that it's impossible to put on fat no matter how much you eat? That's pretty good for an everyday person but for someone with such a magical diet that's pretty high.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2015, 05:59:18 PM »
You claimed it, now post a pic as you were bugging coach about.
Also, how the heck are you 9% bodyfat eating foods that it's impossible to put on fat no matter how much you eat? That's pretty good for an everyday person but for someone with such a magical diet that's pretty high.

I thought that was me bugging for the pic.  Maybe another thread.  Anyway you absolutely can lose fat with less carbs and cheat days and all that.  I've done it recently as have millions.  I've also lost fat on 70/30 carb to protein.  Eric is as nutty as a coffee bean.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2015, 08:29:00 PM »
I thought that was me bugging for the pic.  Maybe another thread.  Anyway you absolutely can lose fat with less carbs and cheat days and all that.  I've done it recently as have millions.  I've also lost fat on 70/30 carb to protein.  Eric is as nutty as a coffee bean.

You seem to get fat a lot!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2015, 09:26:50 PM »
I thought that was me bugging for the pic.  Maybe another thread.  Anyway you absolutely can lose fat with less carbs and cheat days and all that.  I've done it recently as have millions.  I've also lost fat on 70/30 carb to protein.  Eric is as nutty as a coffee bean.

I'm with Eric C-note on this one.  While you theoretically can lose fat,  70% carbs will result in high blood sugar.

That said, the Coffee Bean line was funny. :)

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2015, 10:00:22 PM »
I'm with Eric C-note on this one.  While you theoretically can lose fat,  70% carbs will result in high blood sugar.

Not with reduced calories, contest prep training and cardio.  And not when it is in the overall context of moving from a diet higher in fat to one with little fat.  Hey, do what you want but it worked for me and it wasn't theoretical.  Used that diet to lean out for multiple contests over multiple years and it worked well.  Now that I train much much less I do mostly low carbs.  But this is many years after competing and more of a lifestyle choice to trim down after putting on too much weight just eating whatever for several years.

Ironically, at this point I tend to agree more with Eric C on the basic philosophy of lowering carbs drastically now.  I don't agree with his extreme statements like stuff about avoiding the carbs in coffee.  But I don't care much about size or strength now either.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2015, 11:28:59 PM »

This claim would only be true when you eat many high glycaemic foods individually, but it's a whole different story when you add foods with fats or fibers, and there are other factors as well that suppress that glycaemic load. There's simply no need to avoid all carbs.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2015, 11:56:43 PM »
Carbs is to compensate for brain damage, it stops it from progressing unnecessary further.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2015, 02:53:41 AM »
This claim would only be true when you eat many high glycaemic foods individually, but it's a whole different story when you add foods with fats or fibers, and there are other factors as well that suppress that glycaemic load. There's simply no need to avoid all carbs.
Agreed DP.  I like carb cycling and can't function without any for long.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2015, 03:03:11 AM »
Agreed DP.  I like carb cycling and can't function without any for long.

That's a much smarter approach. I keeps your body guessing, which results in a higher metabolism. Another variation is 'the ultimate diet 2.0' from Lyle McDonald, but that's only intended for those who strive for a single digit bodyfat %. His book is an interesting read that got me thinking.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2015, 03:19:53 AM »
That's a much smarter approach. I keeps your body guessing, which results in a higher metabolism. Another variation is 'the ultimate diet 2.0' from Lyle McDonald, but that's only intended for those who strive for a single digit bodyfat %. His book is an interesting read that got me thinking.
The best condition I got it, I was doing a 3 day rotation diet where I ate very low carbs on day one, a few more carbs on day 2 and then a high day of carbs for day 3. It kept my body guessing and I weighed in at 49 kilos ( no breast implants).

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2015, 03:23:01 AM »
The best condition I got it, I was doing a 3 day rotation diet where I ate very low carbs on day one, a few more carbs on day 2 and then a high day of carbs for day 3. It kept my body guessing and I weighed in at 49 kilos ( no breast implants).

Good lines and capped shoulders, well done.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2015, 03:29:53 AM »
Good lines and capped shoulders, well done.
Thank you.  :)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2015, 07:06:43 AM »

Agree about avoiding all carbs, but at 70% you're gonna be burning carbs for low intensity activities when you should be burning fat. The low capacity of storage space for carbs via Glycogen is the tipoff that carbs shouldn't comprise the majority of caloric intake.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2015, 04:40:30 PM »
Agree about avoiding all carbs, but at 70% you're gonna be burning carbs for low intensity activities when you should be burning fat. The low capacity of storage space for carbs via Glycogen is the tipoff that carbs shouldn't comprise the majority of caloric intake.

I think it's hard to put a number on the impact of carbs; it's a very individual thing with factors like daily activities, weight, age, metabolic rate, etc. I simply measure my bf% to make sure it's 10% or lower.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2015, 05:20:08 PM »

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2015, 06:21:35 PM »

Very good - athletic but still feminine looking - physique..  Dumbasses that say derogatory things are just jealous that a woman achieved better condition than them (which is pathetic as its MUCH easier for a man).. Obviously you dont STAY that condition and anyone that can't appreciate the hard work should get the fuck off a bb site.. 

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2015, 07:11:58 PM »
Very good - athletic but still feminine looking - physique..  Dumbasses that say derogatory things are just jealous that a woman achieved better condition than them (which is pathetic as its MUCH easier for a man).. Obviously you dont STAY that condition and anyone that can't appreciate the hard work should get the fuck off a bb site.. 

Thank you. I am very proud of the hard work I put in to achieve my physique.