Author Topic: 2018 Olympia - Dexter Jackson - Can he win the Olympia?  (Read 6757 times)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: 2018 Olympia - Dexter Jackson - Can he win the Olympia?
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2018, 11:05:06 PM »
In a good mood and light hearted like his last video. Sunken cheeks and looking better without the beard.

Milos makes an appearance at 4:38.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2018, 09:36:02 AM »
5th place for Dexter!

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2018, 12:55:37 PM »
If the bicep is no longer an issue, he could win it.  I am not as bold as Joe in predicting that he will win, although I'd love to see it happen.  I'll be more shocked if Dexter finishes outside of the top 5/6 than if he wins the whole thing.  I think the bicep is healed and he is training abs for perhaps the first time ever in an effort to flatten out his midsection.  I expect a hell of a good Dexter Jackson come Olympia time.

Every competitor has flaws and Jackson is no exception. But I think that he will come in the ay he always does with conditioning and symmetry while some of the other top guys may not be as tight. Heath will be at his best again in all likelihood, but that has nothing to do with why I feel he will be dethroned.

Kwon3

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2018, 02:19:23 PM »
Every competitor has flaws and Jackson is no exception. But I think that he will come in the ay he always does with conditioning and symmetry while some of the other top guys may not be as tight. Heath will be at his best again in all likelihood, but that has nothing to do with why I feel he will be dethroned.
Do you see any flaws in this photo of him? If anyone had a perfect physique on a short frame, it was him. He got robbed many times. But his time has passed. He wasn't a tier 1 bodybuilder but he came damn close.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2018, 02:30:44 PM »
Do you see any flaws in this photo of him? If anyone had a perfect physique on a short frame, it was him. He got robbed many times. But his time has passed. He wasn't a tier 1 bodybuilder but he came damn close.

Obliques a bit thick
Nostrils to wide
And a face like a ninja turtle

;D

Other than that a damn good physique in that shot.

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2018, 08:11:32 PM »
My gosh, this dude has actually been a competitive pro now for 20 freakin' years.  If someone had told me 20 years ago he would still look this good I would've said they were insane.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2018, 11:44:03 AM »
That he will win. Perhaps I'm totally off base with the theory I have, but it's an educated one being around this sport as part of the media for over a decade. Kind of behind-the-scenes shit.

yes you were totally of with the dexter prediction
And not a very good theory for being around the sport for over a decade
What behind the scenes nonsense were you alluding to

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2018, 01:46:12 PM »
yes you were totally of with the dexter prediction
And not a very good theory for being around the sport for over a decade
What behind the scenes nonsense were you alluding to

I was wrong about Dexter but Rhoden winning strengthened my theory, which was that Heath was going to get spanked by Weider/AMI for biting the hand that fed him well for 13-plus years. Once he wasn't with them, he played footsie with MD and was gushing in his Ronline (I hate even typing that) interview, waxing poetically how great it was to finally be able to speak to them and wished that he could have done it years ago.

Plus Heath shit all over the IFBB's new puppy, classic physique, earlier in the year.

His cockiness and unpopularity made him bad for business and what better way to shove it up his ass but to have someone else beat him just as he is ready to enter the record books? Heath was boasting on that MD interview that he may retire after winning 10 consecutive Sandows.

It would have been difficult to call someone else's name if Heath blew away the field. But Rhoden rightfully won and made it a slam dunk to give Heath a smack. I had guessed Dexter because he has won a Sandow and is usually on point and Rhoden took a step back last year at the Olympia due to a difficult prep with a wired jaw and then postponing the Arnold, which he intended on entering.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2018, 03:06:00 PM »
I was wrong about Dexter but Rhoden winning strengthened my theory, which was that Heath was going to get spanked by Weider/AMI for biting the hand that fed him well for 13-plus years. Once he wasn't with them, he played footsie with MD and was gushing in his Ronline (I hate even typing that) interview, waxing poetically how great it was to finally be able to speak to them and wished that he could have done it years ago.

Plus Heath shit all over the IFBB's new puppy, classic physique, earlier in the year.

His cockiness and unpopularity made him bad for business and what better way to shove it up his ass but to have someone else beat him just as he is ready to enter the record books? Heath was boasting on that MD interview that he may retire after winning 10 consecutive Sandows.

It would have been difficult to call someone else's name if Heath blew away the field. But Rhoden rightfully won and made it a slam dunk to give Heath a smack. I had guessed Dexter because he has won a Sandow and is usually on point and Rhoden took a step back last year at the Olympia due to a difficult prep with a wired jaw and then postponing the Arnold, which he intended on entering.

Good attempt at avoiding the fact you was way out with the dexter prediction
You never mentioned Rhoden as a threat - Theory out the window.

Though Rhoden / Roelly & Bonac should’ve placed ahead of heath.
If they’d wanted to “Spank” him the other 2 would’ve placed ahead of him.

He got beat because he wasn’t good enough.
End of.

Randomum

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2018, 04:05:54 PM »
Prediction Dexter Jackson does not win the 2018 Olympia, or the 2019, or the 2020.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2018, 04:10:49 PM »
Prediction Dexter Jackson does not win the 2018 Olympia, or the 2019, or the 2020.

I'll take that prediction a step further, I predict Dexter NEVER WINS the Olympia before 2025!

Randomum

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2018, 06:04:54 PM »
I love Dex he is one of my heroes dude has been top 10 at the Olympia since I became interested in bodybuilding pageants, and he still looks damn awesome. But unfortunately he never upped the gas or changed his physique so he never got another O I think he should be at least a 3 time O winner. I was never a big fan of Jay and besides 01, and 09 (the one he looked similar to 01).

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2018, 06:24:20 PM »
Good attempt at avoiding the fact you was way out with the dexter prediction
You never mentioned Rhoden as a threat - Theory out the window.

Though Rhoden / Roelly & Bonac should’ve placed ahead of heath.
If they’d wanted to “Spank” him the other 2 would’ve placed ahead of him.

He got beat because he wasn’t good enough.
End of.

Hahahaha  ;D

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2018, 06:35:03 PM »
Dexter is a class act and has been professional and friendly to me when I met him
w

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2018, 06:36:10 PM »

are u the moron that hired Boston Lloyd to write articles? How’s that going?
w

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2018, 01:00:45 AM »

"He wasn't a tier 1 bodybuilder"?

What?

He's one of the greatest of all time. Anybody standing on the Mr. O stage is tier 1 by definition.

Kwon3

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2018, 01:02:14 AM »
"He wasn't a tier 1 bodybuilder"?

What?

He's one of the greatest of all time. Anybody standing on the Mr. O stage is tier 1 by definition.
He's decent, far from the GOAT.

Would you say Mike Matarazzo, Bob Chick or King Kamali were tier 1? All were on the Olympia stage at various times. I need to know in case I'm sipping on a drink so i don't spray my monitor while bursting a lung.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2018, 12:41:03 AM »

Bump

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2018, 03:20:04 PM »
Dex should hang it up

do one more O to make it 20 years as a pro then retire

his physique is deteriorating and no need to keep abusing his body with all the drugs- he's got nothing left to prove

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2018, 11:51:29 AM »

The Bostin Massacre column in my magazine has been going strong since 2015.