Author Topic: Did anyone actually ever bring up his weak points?  (Read 8649 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Did anyone actually ever bring up his weak points?
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 03:35:37 PM »
Not really. Fact is it comes down to muscle mind connection. I use to go heavy on chest. But it would never grow. Because my sholders where so dominate they took over any pressing exercise. After lowering the wieght and really learning to use my chest did I start noticing growth. Now I'm back up to my old wieght but with crazy chest pumps like never before.  Don't act like everyone know how to train or has muscle mind connection off the bat it takes years to develope a style of lifting that fits you body

I agree. When it comes to bringing up a weak part in my experience the find muscle connection has helped the most.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2015, 04:01:40 PM »
My calves are a weak point and I have been consistently beating the shit out of them...and they still suck. I am gonna go "full Arnold" and only get photographed up to my knees in water.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2015, 04:02:47 PM »
I agree. When it comes to bringing up a weak part in my experience the find muscle connection has helped the most.

There are times on Getbig when I can't be 100% sure that someone isn't just fucking with everybody in a response.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2015, 04:04:21 PM »
My calves are a weak point and I have been consistently beating the shit out of them...and they still suck. I am gonna go "full Arnold" and only get photographed up to my knees in water. get a nice pair of implants

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2015, 04:04:37 PM »
There are times on Getbig when I can't be 100% sure that someone isn't just fucking with everybody in a response.

I was serious. But calves are possible an exception. You either have the genetics for them or you don't. But something like chest I feel can be improved with the mind muscle connection.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2015, 04:12:44 PM »
When I first started training, my whole body was a weak point. 

130lbs in 1985, 215lbs in 2015. 

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2015, 08:48:39 PM »
When I first started training, my whole body was a weak point. 

130lbs in 1985, 215lbs in 2015. 

Everything can be improved but genetic shape won't  change.

Gunter had a wide waist.

Marcus had no tris.

Branch is ugly.

Weak points are just that, shape and muscle bellies are the deciding factors.

Blackwell

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2015, 09:58:52 PM »
I've brought up my chest. It's still a weak point it will never be a strong point but it can improve

This is almost one year difference exactly

That's actually amazing progress

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2015, 10:19:59 PM »
That's actually amazing progress

Thank you sir. It really came down to just being smarter and stop ego lifting going 315 on bench to 135 and starting over again now I honestly don't go over 225 somtjmes 275 if im feeling it but I chase the pump now and solid time under tension I weight dosnt matter anymore

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2015, 01:56:27 AM »
Not really. Fact is it comes down to muscle mind connection. I use to go heavy on chest. But it would never grow. Because my sholders where so dominate they took over any pressing exercise. After lowering the wieght and really learning to use my chest did I start noticing growth. Now I'm back up to my old wieght but with crazy chest pumps like never before.  Don't act like everyone know how to train or has muscle mind connection off the bat it takes years to develope a style of lifting that fits you body

How does lowering the weight change the strength ratio? Say when doing a "heavy" set of bench presses 70% of the load is taken up by your delts and triceps and 30% by your chest. How does this change when you lower the weight? Are you able to "mentally connect" to your pecs as you lower the resistance? If so, have you done that with all your body parts or are you satisfied not mentally connecting with your stronger parts.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2015, 03:23:10 AM »
I think people make the error of mistaking an under trained or poorly trained body part for a genuinely genetically weak body part.
If a body part is weak purely because it has previously been ignored or trained improperly, than it obviously can be improved if training is corrected.
However, if we are talking about a body part that has been trained correctly and with various methods yet still remains weak, than that's a genuine genetic weak point....and there isn't anything that is going to improve it.

Look at many BB experts/gurus/trainers etc. These guys still often have lagging parts. Does anyone think it's down to improper training considering these guys will often train each muscle using every method and technique available?

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2015, 04:08:43 AM »
How does lowering the weight change the strength ratio? Say when doing a "heavy" set of bench presses 70% of the load is taken up by your delts and triceps and 30% by your chest. How does this change when you lower the weight? Are you able to "mentally connect" to your pecs as you lower the resistance? If so, have you done that with all your body parts or are you satisfied not mentally connecting with your stronger parts.

It's a simple concept when you are using to much weight your not engageone your weaker body part. So when your drop the wieght you can focus on the right muscle. It's no different then me curling 180lbs can I do it? Sure will I be focusing on my bis? No my back and sholders sbf everthing else is going to kick in. Now let's say I drop that to 80. Think I'll have a easier time focusing just my biceps and actually feel them working. Absolulty

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2015, 04:11:30 AM »
I think people make the error of mistaking an under trained or poorly trained body part for a genuinely genetically weak body part.
If a body part is weak purely because it has previously been ignored or trained improperly, than it obviously can be improved if training is corrected.
However, if we are talking about a body part that has been trained correctly and with various methods yet still remains weak, than that's a genuine genetic weak point....and there isn't anything that is going to improve it.

Look at many BB experts/gurus/trainers etc. These guys still often have lagging parts. Does anyone think it's down to improper training considering these guys will often train each muscle using every method and technique available?

You are correct. When accessing "weak" body parts in the context of bodybuilding it matters what stage of development they are at and how they have trained. Even Arnold admitted in his first autobiography that, like most of his peers, concentrated on arms and chest. The big show pieces. It's only after he met and trained with Reg Park and really focused on his calves did they explode.

But that was the case with Arnold. Not everyone is as fortunate or genetically gifted. And lets not forget that we all start out with weak body parts. All of them. Look at Platz. Skinny arms, skinny legs, skinny everything. So why did his quads blow up to such a level that it set a whole new standard for quad development. Did he simply have more of a "mind/muscle" connection with his quads than with his arms and chest. Plaz was an especially intense and focused individual. it's highly unlikely that he did focus on his upper body as much as he did on his legs if not more so because he, like everybody else, recognized the disparity.

Barring site injects and synthol I think it was Van B who said that as the physique advances, even the weak parts, the disparity will always exist. Look at Jay. Even at 16-18 years of age he had tremendous quads but the disparity between his left and right quads were always there. Even as they both grew to world class proportions the disparity was there. Same for his arms. Even with synthol his left arm was always more developed than his right arm.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2015, 04:18:21 AM »
It's a simple concept when you are using to much weight your not engageone your weaker body part. So when your drop the wieght you can focus on the right muscle. It's no different then me curling 180lbs can I do it? Sure will I be focusing on my bis? No my back and sholders sbf everthing else is going to kick in. Now let's say I drop that to 80. Think I'll have a easier time focusing just my biceps and actually feel them working. Absolulty

Actually, that's an entirely different thing. It has to do with form and the difference between cheating, i.e., throwing the weight up, as oppose to lifting it and making the targeted muscle do the work. That's quite different from some kind of mental connection with your muscle. Why can't you think and connect with a muscle, say your delts, when doing a clean and jerk? Feeling a muscle and "connecting" with a muscle are two different things. I mean, I can start squeezing and flexing my bicep right now and really feel it. Maybe even cramp up from it. But nobody believes that will stimulate any muscle hypertrophy.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2015, 05:59:48 AM »
You are correct. When accessing "weak" body parts in the context of bodybuilding it matters what stage of development they are at and how they have trained. Even Arnold admitted in his first autobiography that, like most of his peers, concentrated on arms and chest. The big show pieces. It's only after he met and trained with Reg Park and really focused on his calves did they explode.

But that was the case with Arnold. Not everyone is as fortunate or genetically gifted. And lets not forget that we all start out with weak body parts. All of them. Look at Platz. Skinny arms, skinny legs, skinny everything. So why did his quads blow up to such a level that it set a whole new standard for quad development. Did he simply have more of a "mind/muscle" connection with his quads than with his arms and chest. Plaz was an especially intense and focused individual. it's highly unlikely that he did focus on his upper body as much as he did on his legs if not more so because he, like everybody else, recognized the disparity.

Barring site injects and synthol I think it was Van B who said that as the physique advances, even the weak parts, the disparity will always exist. Look at Jay. Even at 16-18 years of age he had tremendous quads but the disparity between his left and right quads were always there. Even as they both grew to world class proportions the disparity was there. Same for his arms. Even with synthol his left arm was always more developed than his right arm.
Actually, that's an entirely different thing. It has to do with form and the difference between cheating, i.e., throwing the weight up, as oppose to lifting it and making the targeted muscle do the work. That's quite different from some kind of mental connection with your muscle. Why can't you think and connect with a muscle, say your delts, when doing a clean and jerk? Feeling a muscle and "connecting" with a muscle are two different things. I mean, I can start squeezing and flexing my bicep right now and really feel it. Maybe even cramp up from it. But nobody believes that will stimulate any muscle hypertrophy.

Zzz.....

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2015, 06:03:34 AM »

I could be wrong im just speaking of person experience.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2015, 06:07:09 AM »
Great post.. itīs not just lifting massive weights...unless you are a powerlifter. got to hit the muscle group in question and leave your ego at the gym door.

Juruth

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2015, 06:31:36 AM »
I've brought up my chest. It's still a weak point it will never be a strong point but it can improve

This is almost one year difference exactly
Norwood 3 to Norwood 4. Outstanding.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2015, 06:48:17 AM »

Funny you should mention it. Did you know that Joon can curl 180? There's a video to prove it. Ask him about it.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2015, 06:52:45 AM »
Navy Mike is like Big Rami and Frank Zone combined, more musclemass than Rami and better symmetry than Zane.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2015, 07:17:51 AM »
Navy Mike is like Big Rami and Frank Zone combined, more musclemass than Rami and better symmetry than Zane.

Haha smartass.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2015, 07:35:02 AM »
Everything can be improved but genetic shape won't  change.

Gunter had a wide waist.

Marcus had no tris.

Branch is ugly.

Weak points are just that, shape and muscle bellies are the deciding factors.

You cannot change the muscle insertion points, but your overall shape does change as you get bigger.  Take a look at Flex Wheeler before he started... dude was a walking bean pole.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2015, 11:23:28 AM »
larry scott =delts, arnold calves...
F

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2015, 11:34:04 AM »
Even the pros have weak points
For example phil Heath history's worst mr o has the worst chest and most narrow shoulders
His accomplishments will never be remembered
Only his shortcomings
On the stage and off stage
w

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2015, 11:44:14 AM »
You cannot change the muscle insertion points, but your overall shape does change as you get bigger.  Take a look at Flex Wheeler before he started... dude was a walking bean pole.

Obviously weight training changes your body, none of us here look the same from when we started. I'm a lot bigger now than I was at 3.

My point was weak spots are usually weak spots no matter how much you train them, can they improve, yes but they don't usually become strengths (unless you have an example I could be totally off base and using this as an excuse for my lagging body parts).

Ruhl trained for years, used various compounds yet his triceps weren't up to par with his biceps, which had excellent peaks. Same can be said about numerous dudes calves, they might have gotten bigger to do training/injections but there's obviously a limit or we would have guys coming onstage at a ripped 500 pounds.