Author Topic: FIBO 2015 - Bodybuilding as we know it is DEAD!  (Read 25498 times)

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
Re: FIBO 2015 - Bodybuilding as we know it is DEAD!
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2015, 06:16:41 PM »
true. The plus is that more people are getting fit. The minus is of course the drug usage---the short cut to get there. More people will go that route. Which could mean higher demand for said drugs, which could mean a bigger market, and possibly better quality drugs (?).
Also, this goes hand in hand with gen X and Gen Y narcissism, making ourselves (themselves) into real life demigods.

But, this all this has it's roots in bodybuilding. If Jim Manion and the judges were smart, they would have stopped rewarding the gut-monsters yrs ago. And rewarded more svelte waisted phyisques, and marketed them in social media more. Instead of the freak factor.

Get IFBB and Musclemania together or have Phil and Ulisses in a booth together and YouTube vids as well.

no one else to blame for downfall of competitive bodybuilding.

Pneumothorax

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2015, 06:43:44 PM »
If they're gravitating towards fitness and away from pro-bodybuilding, that's a good thing.

Yeah Jay Cutler doesn't look so health after 20 years of pro body building.  Fitness and functional is the way of the future.  Who really wants to die for the bitches anyways?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2015, 06:48:21 PM »
also gotta remember this is Germany were talking about.......David Haselhoff was a god over there and #1 selling musician.

End thread.

@Grape ape... What is being refered to as "fitness" has nothing to do with health. Those guys from what we hear are all on tren and shit. They're just not abusing gh and slin.

?

fredrollon

• Getbig III

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2015, 06:56:31 PM »

https://instagram.com/stephaniedavisfitness/

https://www.facebook.com/StephanieDavisAustria

^Think that's her.

That chick is hot as hell. What is FIBO stand for anyway? Do they even speak English?

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2015, 01:07:22 AM »
That chick is hot as hell. What is FIBO stand for anyway? Do they even speak English?

Fitness and Bodybuilding as far as I know.

They? The average German citizen? Most young Germans speak at least some English although there are only a few who can actually have a proper conversation.
Most older people barely speak English. It also depends on what city we're talking about... in smaller towns or villages you will have a hard time except for some that get a lot of tourists while
in some of the large cities with lots of international visitors like Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg(...) you should always find someone who has at least basic English skills. There are plenty of pretty large cities
though where it's going to be tough to find your way around without any German. The difference between the Netherlands and Germany in terms of English skills is staggering... while in the Netherlands even most bums and hoodrats speak decent English, it's mostly academics who do in Germany.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2015, 01:21:55 AM »
Curious to what the "average" YouTuber makes? I know it's somewhat ads and such but I'm curious? Not the usual millions thrown around but real numbers? Like say a Matt ogus or some others I don't even know the names of?

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2015, 01:36:41 AM »
Lots of bitter old farts in this thread.

Healthy minded kids are not interested in drug bloated freaks.  They are actually the "normal" ones.

Ψ

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2015, 01:45:27 AM »
Fitness and Bodybuilding as far as I know.

They? The average German citizen? Most young Germans speak at least some English although there are only a few who can actually have a proper conversation.
Most older people barely speak English. It also depends on what city we're talking about... in smaller towns or villages you will have a hard time except for some that get a lot of tourists while
in some of the large cities with lots of international visitors like Munich, Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg(...) you should always find someone who has at least basic English skills. There are plenty of pretty large cities
though where it's going to be tough to find your way around without any German. The difference between the Netherlands and Germany in terms of English skills is staggering... while in the Netherlands even most bums and hoodrats speak decent English, it's mostly academics who do in Germany.
anyone in germany with whats equal to a high school degree in the US speaks fluent english.
if you went to school for 12 years (as its required to go to college here) you have to speak fluent english. of course some dont because theyre retarded.
even the lower degrees have at least 3-4 years of english at school

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2015, 02:43:29 AM »
Bet lots of heavy accents were thrown around - "dis eez ze noo generation of boodibuildas".

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2015, 03:57:31 AM »
anyone in germany with whats equal to a high school degree in the US speaks fluent english.
if you went to school for 12 years (as its required to go to college here) you have to speak fluent english. of course some dont because theyre retarded.
even the lower degrees have at least 3-4 years of english at school

No... I went to school in Germany and what you say is just what it SHOULD be but not the reality.

As I said most young people here speak at least some English because they've had it in school for at least 4 years and up to 8-9 years but that does not
mean those people are anywhere close to being fluent in English. Even the majority of those that had it for 8 years and finished with their "Abitur" are not able
to have a fluent conversation - they can read and write on a decent level but they are simply not able to have a proper conversation with a native speaker especially
someone who is not speaking proper "Oxford" English but has some sort of an accent. I've seen it a thousand times really... like when I went on a working holiday to Australia after
finishing school about 60-70% of the backpackers down under were Germans at that time and I was one of the VERY few who could talk fluently.

Just because you had the subject does not mean you're fluent. I know quite a few people who had French in school for 3-5 years and all they can say is stuff like "Hello my name is.." honestly.
I went to France with my girlfriend and she's had it in school for 3 years and she was having a hard time ordering a burger at McDonalds in French. Learning a language in school will usually not make
you a fluent speaker at least not the way it's been taught in Germany. I honestly think the only way of actually mastering a language and speaking it fluently is to live in the country in which that language
is spoken. After 8 years of English in school and living in English-speaking countries for 5 I can have any conversation in English and most people will not notice that I'm not a native speaker but it was the 5 years living abroad that made this happen and not the 8 years in school..and it's still not the same as German to me, still a big difference there.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2015, 04:20:36 AM »
well, i have to agree with you, at least partially. youre right with stating that this is how it SHOULD be.
unfortunately i know plenty of people who had english at school for a whopping EIGHT years, yet couldnt even hold a conversation with a native speaker. i study english and german philology (in germany), yet there are plenty of people WHO STUDY ENGLISH and cant even pronounce a "th" properly or even talk to the lecturer without stuttering or using correct grammar, its really sad.
then you see chinese students coming to germany for an exchange year and they have better grammar knowledge than 90% of german natives even though they only had it for 3 years at school, lol

the whole thing might be related to the whole german educational system being retarded though.
pushing more and more people into acquiring the highest school degree and then going to college, even though 50% of them are NOT SUITED for college just doesnt work out to increase educational standards, lol

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2015, 04:29:34 AM »
I think maybe a lot of this has to do with the death of the magazines. No one buys those shit anymore, everyone is looking for infos online.
You google stuff and you end up looking at those youtube stars channels its just the way it is. People can relate to them, 90% of the people want to look like fitness models not pro bodybuilders. When i started lifting in 09 Zyzz was only known on 4chan and bb.com I really though he had a great physique and i witnessed first hand the fascination he provoked among the young crowd.
Nowadays I dont really find his physique impressive anymore but for the beginers and natty crowd (80% of the gym goers) they all want to be like him.
They are also the most naive crowd easilly lured into buying useless supps.

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2015, 04:38:00 AM »
I think maybe a lot of this has to do with the death of the magazines. No one buys those shit anymore, everyone is looking for infos online.
You google stuff and you end up looking at those youtube stars channels its just the way it is. People can relate to them, 90% of the people want to look like fitness models not pro bodybuilders. When i started lifting in 09 Zyzz was only known on 4chan and bb.com I really though he had a great physique and i witnessed first hand the fascination he provoked among the young crowd.
Nowadays I dont really find his physique impressive anymore but for the beginers and natty crowd (80% of the gym goers) they all want to be like him.
They are also the most naive crowd easilly lured into buying useless supps.

The standard Supplement:BB booth is a joke.

3 Fat BBers "offseason" standing around emotionless wishing or actually napping
1 BBer actually in shape for a show, eating fish and green beans out of Rubbermaid tins
5-10 35+ year old Strippers "high on life"

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2015, 06:07:57 AM »
Its not hard to understand why these guys are popular. Although they are on drugs, their bodies are more easily attainable by the "average Joe."

Most people dont want to be hardcore competitive bodybuilders. Instead, they want to look good naked, and walk on the beach showing off their bodies. Nothing more. Bodybuilding is not a lifestyle to them.

Being able to relate to someone elses achievements is an important factor for motivation. You can't relate to Ronnie Coleman, but you can relate more to a physique competitor.

This is what most men want to look like

Very true. Bring back the classic physique. Class needs to be started immediately in the NPC.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2015, 06:38:34 AM »

Here's a "Fitness Youtuber" helping her out backstage. Nice and helpful guy. :)

(U Mad?? :D)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2015, 06:42:04 AM »
End thread.

@Grape ape... What is being refered to as "fitness" has nothing to do with health. Those guys from what we hear are all on tren and shit. They're just not abusing gh and slin.

Low dose steroid use is infinitely healthier than pro-bb.
Y

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2015, 08:58:47 AM »
true. The plus is that more people are getting fit. The minus is of course the drug usage---the short cut to get there. More people will go that route. Which could mean higher demand for said drugs, which could mean a bigger market, and possibly better quality drugs (?).
Also, this goes hand in hand with gen X and Gen Y narcissism, making ourselves (themselves) into real life demigods.

But, this all this has it's roots in bodybuilding. If Jim Manion and the judges were smart, they would have stopped rewarding the gut-monsters yrs ago. And rewarded more svelte waisted phyisques, and marketed them in social media more. Instead of the freak factor.

Get IFBB and Musclemania together or have Phil and Ulisses in a booth together and YouTube vids as well.
The judges are to blame, they set the standard.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2015, 09:00:35 AM »
Its not hard to understand why these guys are popular. Although they are on drugs, their bodies are more easily attainable by the "average Joe."

Most people dont want to be hardcore competitive bodybuilders. Instead, they want to look good naked, and walk on the beach showing off their bodies. Nothing more. Bodybuilding is not a lifestyle to them.

Being able to relate to someone elses achievements is an important factor for motivation. You can't relate to Ronnie Coleman, but you can relate more to a physique competitor.

This is what most men want to look like

This looks like the gay pride parade in SF

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2015, 12:54:01 PM »
Bodybuilding ain't dead! It's just changing! And has a new name!
A name that may be more appeasing to the general public and definitely more inviting to physique contenders.

PARKER, I agree with your statement above.....

Except for a small part of one comment concerning Manion's "late decision" to initiate this new Physique Decision.

I don't have any accurate or inside details on the NPC's decision to sanction physique events .... but it was a damn smart decision even though it was a few years late in coming.

Buy it did come! And that's what counts!

But I think that there were some pretty valid reasons for 'being a bit late'.

And here are some guesses why.........

First of all I find it interesting to see a large number of changes have been made since the passing of Joe Weider. Changes that have immensely increased the number of NPC and IFBB competitors within both the NPC amateur and IFBB pro ranks.

I don't know what Joe had in mind but it was somewhat apparent that he limited  the number of IFBB pros to a small enough number just large enough to accommodate the small number of IFBB promoted events while he was in charge.

But it is somewhat interesting that Jim and a handful of others made that change when the door was open to do so.

Soon enough it became evident that other sanctioning bodies such as MuscleMania and WBBF were drawing a decent number of 'smaller bodybuilders' who would eventually become the future physique contenders and it became apparent to some wise NPC honchos that  it was time to hop on the bandwagon .... which turned out to be a very wise decision as I am seeing it.

And also of prime importance is the fact that most of the general public takes offense when it comes to the world of professional bodybuildings and what it has turned out to be today.

It was definitely time for some sort of change .... and the NPC officials made a wise decision when the opportunity arose to do so.

And it now appears that millions of young folk are motivated to get in shape and look their best.

And that is where physique and physique competitions come into play.

I bet'cha that professional bodybuilding comps will be with us for many years to come but Physique events will be the real money makers for everyone involved  ... The NPC, the IFBB, the magazines, the internet, the supplement industry, etc. .... but just a handful of the physique contenders .... but a bigger handful than  the handful of IFBB pros making the big bucks today.

But only time will tell.

Give it a year or two and we'll know for sure.

The new world of NPC contests has very little to do with  actual BODYBUILDING in terms of numbers.
Having 80% entered in the bikini or MPD isn't promoting bodybuilding.
It's about swimsuit beauty pageants with a little bodybuilding added in.

I don't know or care if it's good or bad. I  know one thing for sure ... I'm ONLY into bodybuilding.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2015, 12:57:14 PM »
Wait, 2015 made it official?

How about '97 or so, when the GH guts were already being rewarded?

Azzaro

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2015, 01:12:44 PM »
Oh, and HAIL to the king who made all of this possible: ;)

Not a bodybuilder

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2015, 01:18:11 PM »

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2015, 01:57:20 PM »
The new world of NPC contests has very little to do with  actual BODYBUILDING in terms of numbers.
Having 80% entered in the bikini or MPD isn't promoting bodybuilding.
It's about swimsuit beauty pageants with a little bodybuilding added in.

I don't know or care if it's good or bad. I  know one thing for sure ... I'm ONLY into bodybuilding.

100% agree, and I would suggest 2 different shows (or 2 stages), one for the women & 'bermuda-warriors' and one for bodybuilding. It would be a win-win; most of the fans get what they like and the competitors don't have to wait for hours backstage for their rounds.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2015, 02:34:21 PM »
How gay am I thinking the board shorts dudes look better than most current pros?