Author Topic: Ted Cruz Supports States' Right To Legalize Marijuana  (Read 2074 times)

James

Ted Cruz Supports States' Right To Legalize Marijuana
« on: April 09, 2015, 02:09:53 PM »
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) voiced support for the right of states to pursue their own marijuana policies on Thursday, speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference in National Harbor, Maryland.

At the annual gathering of conservative activists and Republican Party leaders, Fox News' Sean Hannity asked Cruz if he thought Colorado's legalization of marijuana was a good idea.

“Look, I actually think this is a great embodiment of what Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis called ‘the laboratories of democracy,'" Cruz replied. "If the citizens of Colorado decide they want to go down that road, that’s their prerogative. I personally don’t agree with it, but that’s their right.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/26/ted-cruz-marijuana_n_6764430.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Ted Cruz Supports States' Right To Legalize Marijuana
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 02:12:15 PM »
WOW that could have just won the election for Ted Cruz!

A pre-emptive move to scoop up the millions of Ron Paul voters that just learned yesterday via Samatha Gutherie that Rand is just Jeb with a perm?

Brilliant timing.  grab the pothead base and he will DOMINATE the election.  Soccer moms miss getting stoned in college, anti-war whiny pricks would love to smoke pot everywhere they go too.  He'll get crossover votes.  I must be pinching myself that he resorted to states' rights here, but I love it!  I'll never smoke pot, just not for me, and I hope they wound anyone that drive stoned, but this is a BRILLIANT political move.

James

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 02:18:31 PM »
Ron Paul supporters bolt Rand Paul camp -Support Ted Cruz

As he pulls together his expected presidential campaign in Iowa and New Hampshire, Sen. Rand Paul is confronted by defections from an unexpected quarter: the die-hard idealists whose energy powered his father’s campaigns.

That network of committed supporters was expected to convey to Paul, the natural successor to Ron Paul’s libertarian movement, providing him with a plug-and-play ground organization in the make-or-break early voting states. But instead of embracing the Kentucky senator, many of those grass-roots activists are turning their backs on him, disillusioned by the younger Paul’s concessions to mainstream politics.

One of the most prominent defectors is Drew Ivers, chairman of Ron Paul’s 2012 Iowa campaign, who says he will not endorse Rand Paul for president. On Tuesday, three members of Iowa’s Ron Paul-aligned Liberty movement — state Sen. Jason Shultz and former Iowa Republican Party central committee members Chad Steenhoek and Joel Kurtinitis — announced the same, adding that they will support Texas Sen. Ted Cruz.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/ron-paul-leave-rand-paul-camp-116439.html#ixzz3WeZAJGOi

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 02:22:01 PM »
Can't wait to see him go head to head with that decrepit old battle ax the DNC is going to cart out there.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 02:22:58 PM »
I have to say, coming out in SUPPORT of states' rights to legalize weed is  HUGE move.

And doing it one day after Rand Paul supporters were told - and it's the truth - that Rand Paul is a RINO, and a flipflopping RINO at that - and that Ron Paul wouldn't have anything to do with his presidency?

Pretty smart move that I'm betting Cruz was just keeping in his pocket for a moment like this, to pounce upon the Ron Paul base of voters that suddenly realize he ain't Ron.  

Most impressive is that out of 50 states, the three major Rand supporters that jumped to Cruz happened to be in Iowa, home of the first caucus :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 02:26:58 PM »
Can't wait to see him go head to head with that decrepit old battle ax the DNC is going to cart out there.

I'll admit, Ted Cruz looks like a goober.  Terrible 50s haircut, gumpy look to his face, and he needs cardio.  BUT people get used to appearances over months.  it's like the co-worker that's not that attractive, but the more you work with them, them more bangable they become for other reasons.  Plus, Cruz ain't running against a handsome devil like JFK... he's up against Hilary, who will be 70, and a rough 70 at that (warren looks 15 years younger and she's what, 2 years younger?)

People will look past his looks because he's decent enouogh, and he's not running against anyone decent. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 02:35:07 PM »
I have to say, coming out in SUPPORT of states' rights to legalize weed is  HUGE move.

And doing it one day after Rand Paul supporters were told - and it's the truth - that Rand Paul is a RINO, and a flipflopping RINO at that - and that Ron Paul wouldn't have anything to do with his presidency?

Pretty smart move that I'm betting Cruz was just keeping in his pocket for a moment like this, to pounce upon the Ron Paul base of voters that suddenly realize he ain't Ron.  

Most impressive is that out of 50 states, the three major Rand supporters that jumped to Cruz happened to be in Iowa, home of the first caucus :)

Media’s White Knights Rush to Defend Anchorwomen from Big Meanie Rand Paul

Apparently, NBC’s Savannah Guthrie is a little precious snowflake who can’t handle being challenged by a man.

That’s not my opinion, but that appears to be the opinion of some in the mainstream media currently warning Republican Senator Rand Paul to take it easy on the ladies.

The Washington Post’s Chris Cillizza is practically on a white horse over Mean Paul interrupting and challenging damsel-in-distress Guthrie. Cillizza is also in a huff over Paul getting tough with another Female Faberge Egg: CNBC’s Kelly Evans.

What’s most shocking is that Cillizza admits he’s singling his out the ladies. “I’ve not watched every somewhat-contentious Rand Paul interview this year to see whether female reporters are involved more often than men,” Cillizza writes. “But that the two high-profile incidents this year have happened with women does not help Paul.”

That last line is hilarious. The only reason Paul’s interviews with the ladies became “high-profile” is because the Chris Cillizzas of the mainstream media singled out the Paul interviews with the ladies.

Cillizza appears to see his female colleagues as the weaker sex in desperate need of his macho mansplanatory wonkery.

Guthrie’s colleague, “Meet the Press” moderator Chuck Todd, also warned Paul that “he’s got to be careful here. This is turning into a habit, particularly over — this is now two prominent women interviewers…Kelly Evans of CNBC, Savannah now.”

And yet…

After  Paul got into a testy exchange over abortion yesterday with Philip Elliott, a reporter from the Associated Press, no one ran to poor Philip’s defense.

But Philip is a MAN who can handle a Rand Paul without having MEN parachute in to protect his precious little snowflake status.

Sadly, even women in the mainstream media seem to be admitting they are the weaker sex. Todd was talking to Andrea Mitchell, who claims to be a feminist. She did not, though, reach across the desk and slap Todd. She agreed with him.

In the Guardian, a woman named Sabrina Siddiqui hyper-ventilated a huge story berating Paul.

But where are Evans and Guthrie?

Why aren’t these fragile princesses putting the brakes on being singled out for special protection? How can they not be humiliated by this?

Personally, I’m embarrassed for them both.

You don’t have to imagine Megyn Kelly’s reaction if a bunch of men treated her like anything less than an equal. Last night the Fox News anchor rightly called circling the wagons around women sexist behavior:

Chuck Todd came out and said you have to be ‘careful’ because you attacked two prominent female interviewers,” Kelly said. “‘The Guardian’ said you were ‘condescending’ toward female reporters. And I, as a female reporter, will say to Chuck Todd and “The Guardian”: We don’t need your help.”

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 04:34:46 PM »
LOL @ anyone on this fucking planet giving ANY credit to ANYTHING said by freakin' Chuck Todd, LOL

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 05:01:47 PM »
LOL @ anyone on this fucking planet giving ANY credit to ANYTHING said by freakin' Chuck Todd, LOL

That guy is just a punching bag.  8)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 05:12:19 PM »
Cruz is not in favor of legalizing pot

multiple states have already legalized it (in various was) so this is another non story

next?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 05:57:33 PM »
Cruz is not in favor of legalizing pot

multiple states have already legalized it (in various was) so this is not another non story

next?

He will allow states to do it.  And most may legalize it.  Florida got like 57%?   They needed 60% approval, but it'll happen eventually.   

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 06:01:21 PM »
Smart man!
?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 06:46:16 PM »
He will allow states to do it.  And most may legalize it.  Florida got like 57%?   They needed 60% approval, but it'll happen eventually.   

states are already doing it

non story

James

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2015, 07:24:41 AM »
states are already doing it

non story

It is a story, you just don't want it top be, which is understandable considering you are a libtard.

The fact is some believe that since federal law supersedes state law, that even if States pass a law legalizing Marijuana it doesn't make it legal as there are still federal laws in place making it illegal, Cruz is saying he doesn't agree with that and that States do have the right to legalize it if voted in by the people of that State, and if elected President he wont override the State law that legalized marijuana by enforcing it Federally.

"Medical Marijuana Laws in the U.S.
America's first pro-medical marijuana laws were passed in the 1970s. Since then, many such laws have been passed, modified or repealed. Currently, 12 states have medical marijuana laws: Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington [source: Drug Policy Alliance Network]. Maryland has a law authorizing medical marijuana use, but it doesn't allow patients to grow their own marijuana, and patients can still be fined under the law.
Despite these regulations, federal law supersedes state law, so someone can still be arrested and prosecuted for using or possessing medical marijuana, even if it's legal under state law'
http://science.howstuffworks.com/medical-marijuana2.htm

"While a majority of voters in Colorado and Washington State voted to legalize marijuana for recreational use, they appear to contradict federal law. The question some local authorities and legal scholars are starting to ask is will the Obama administration enforce existing federal statutes or turn the other cheek as they did with the Defense of Marriage Act when courts ruled parts of it unconstitutional.
http://www.christianpost.com/news/two-states-legalize-marijuana-but-conflicts-with-federal-law-remain-84688/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2015, 08:29:41 AM »
It is a story, you just don't want it top be, which is understandable considering you are a libtard.

The fact is some believe that since federal law supersedes state law, that even if States pass a law legalizing Marijuana it doesn't make it legal as there are still federal laws in place making it illegal, Cruz is saying he doesn't agree with that and that States do have the right to legalize it if voted in by the people of that State, and if elected President he wont override the State law that legalized marijuana by enforcing it Federally.

"Medical Marijuana Laws in the U.S.
America's first pro-medical marijuana laws were passed in the 1970s. Since then, many such laws have been passed, modified or repealed. Currently, 12 states have medical marijuana laws: Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington [source: Drug Policy Alliance Network]. Maryland has a law authorizing medical marijuana use, but it doesn't allow patients to grow their own marijuana, and patients can still be fined under the law.
Despite these regulations, federal law supersedes state law, so someone can still be arrested and prosecuted for using or possessing medical marijuana, even if it's legal under state law'
http://science.howstuffworks.com/medical-marijuana2.htm

"While a majority of voters in Colorado and Washington State voted to legalize marijuana for recreational use, they appear to contradict federal law. The question some local authorities and legal scholars are starting to ask is will the Obama administration enforce existing federal statutes or turn the other cheek as they did with the Defense of Marriage Act when courts ruled parts of it unconstitutional.
http://www.christianpost.com/news/two-states-legalize-marijuana-but-conflicts-with-federal-law-remain-84688/

I couldn't give a rats ass either way

States are already legalizing it (as you pointed out since the 1970's) and the federal government under Obama is (for the most part) ignoring it

I guess Cruz is aligning himself with Obama

What's next

Will Cruz announce that he won't interfere if dogs want to bark or roosters want to crow?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 09:26:01 AM »
here's the Q...

Have any republican (or dem!) candidates said they want to OVERRIDE the states if they legalize?

James

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 06:47:56 AM »
here's the Q...

Have any republican (or dem!) candidates said they want to OVERRIDE the states if they legalize?

Chris Christie: 'I Will Crack Down And Not Permit' Legal Marijuana As President

If New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) becomes president of the United States, he said on "The Hugh Hewitt Show" Tuesday, he will "crack down" on those states that have ended prohibitions on marijuana.

When asked by Hewitt if he would enforce federal drug laws in those states that have legalized and regulated cannabis, Christie responded unequivocally.

"Absolutely," Christie said. "I will crack down and not permit it."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/14/chris-christie-marijuana_n_7066636.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2015, 08:05:15 AM »
Chris Christie: 'I Will Crack Down And Not Permit' Legal Marijuana As President

It's nice to see the contrast appearing.   I can't wait til the debates when Christie - himself a disgusting example of excess, laziness and overall bloated sloth/lard - decides to lecturs Cruz & America on the dangers of marijuana.

I mean, he can't exercise the discipline to just get on the treadmill while he reads the morning paper - but wants to tell others what they can put in their body?

(And I don't even smoke pot - But I do respect states' rights)

I guess with Christie's history of liberal positions, we can ascertain he's going to want the govt to control this aspect of people's lives too - even if the states approve it.  Govt > State.  The Christie Way.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2015, 08:07:06 AM »
It's nice to see the contrast appearing.   I can't wait til the debates when Christie - himself a disgusting example of excess, laziness and overall bloated sloth/lard - decides to lecturs Cruz & America on the dangers of marijuana.

I mean, he can't exercise the discipline to just get on the treadmill while he reads the morning paper - but wants to tell others what they can put in their body?

I guess with Christie's history of liberal positions, we can ascertain he's going to want the govt to control this aspect of people's lives too - even if the states approve it.  Govt > State.  The Christie Way.

haha, that is pretty funny  :D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2015, 08:27:38 AM »
Its all states rights...Cruz is supporting the Constitution. It also makes it easier to support other positions such as prohibitions on gay marriage, immigration issues and other things.
L

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 09:28:01 AM »

Looks like he goes into an eating frenzy even without weed.

James

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 11:17:54 AM »