Author Topic: Anxiety Question...  (Read 29519 times)

blinky

• Getbig V
Re: Anxiety Question...
« Reply #200 on: May 25, 2015, 08:35:03 PM »
This girl is great. A true inspiration to anyone who suffers from anxiety. To even just get on that stage!!!!.....................let alone how fantastic she is

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #201 on: May 25, 2015, 10:15:30 PM »
The last couple of days I've found a good run seems like the only thing that can set me right for the rest of the day.  It has to be 30 min+, then I can open up and start feeling good.

After a run like that, so many worries disappear... Particularly with regard to food...

We'll see if it's repeatable.  I think running may even have a synergistic effect with lifting.   Lifting alone can have the same effect, but much more rarely...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #202 on: May 25, 2015, 10:17:17 PM »
The last couple of days I've found a good run seems like the only thing that can set me right for the rest of the day.  It has to be 30 min+, then I can open up and start feeling good.

After a run like that, so many worries disappear... Particularly with regard to food...

We'll see if it's repeatable.  I think running may even have a synergistic effect with lifting.   Lifting alone can have the same effect, but much more rarely...
One gets a "runner's high". Plus, once you are cutting, being lighter is a high in itself.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: May 26, 2015, 07:25:33 AM »
One gets a "runner's high". Plus, once you are cutting, being lighter is a high in itself.

Yeah, I plan on researching this phenomenon now... Got another one this morning... This is the feeling I always seek with training.  Every time I failed, my anxiety grew, as my mind spun around trying to figure out why.

Every time I succeed, I'm at peace, at least for a while.  That I finally might be able to attain this state at will... Givese hope.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: May 26, 2015, 10:55:53 AM »
That running effect will unfortunately dissapear...just saying! Its great in the beginning...but you will soon get used to it and reality is stil there...

Try skipp coffie and beer. Skipp everything that make you feel better than normal. Bcz feeling better than normal for a while just make it worse coming back to normal...

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #205 on: May 26, 2015, 03:10:28 PM »
I've been taking Welbutrin for a little over a week. The first week the doctor wanted me to take one a day. This week I'm supposed to take two a day. The information that comes with the prescription suggests that it can take a month or more to truly feel the effects. It's not a dramatic change, but I feel much calmer already. Welbutrin also helps curb addictive behavior. I notice that I am drinking less since starting this med.

The big question is will Welbutrin mess up my sex life? When I was taking a different anxiety medication, I found it difficult to have an orgasm. We'll see if I still have them with Welbutrin.

Yes, even 70 year old guys like that feeling and release every once in a while. It just not as frequent as it was when I was younger.

Try Aurorix - only one I know that somehow is "enhancing". It's pretty mild and you may be able to go off sooner than later.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: May 26, 2015, 03:53:51 PM »
That running effect will unfortunately dissapear...just saying! Its great in the beginning...but you will soon get used to it and reality is stil there...

Try skipp coffie and beer. Skipp everything that make you feel better than normal. Bcz feeling better than normal for a while just make it worse coming back to normal...

I agree with your last statement, but I think my case may be different.  I'm not talking about the initial high... That fades quickly, like any drug-induced euphoria, and I can deal with that.  However, my entire mental state is altered for the whole day.  I think this goes deeper for me.

After a run (or lift) like that, I enter a state which seems much more like what ought to be 'normal' for me.  By contrast, my usual mental state seems overly depressed and anxious.

I perceive nearly every aspect of 'reality' completely differently after a good workout.  Things which trouble me I seek to fix, things I had no appetite for I suddenly desire, I can solve problems far faster, Im more outgoing, I'm far less conservative; in general, I can make decisions instead of being consumed by doubt; I type faster, I feel hunger pangs, my body temperature is higher, I'm not wracked with chills; I don't obsessively worry about food choices, caloric intake, what time it is (whether I'm eating too soon), etc.; I'm able to read patiently; I don't frantically rush over words, I can be contemplative and creative; the list goes on...

Yes, there's still a slight worry that i may fold as soon as the first bad thing happens to me, but there are too many startling differences of various nature to ignore or write this off as 'just another high', no different than any drug.  I think the profound effect of a good workout affects me more seriously, being tied to the immense amount of time and effort I've put into this endeavor, over the years.  Generally, it puts me in a more optimistic state until I have another bad workout and don't know why things didn't turn out as expected.

I sense I'm on the verge of reproducible success.  For me, i suspect that's a more profound success than the 'endorphin rush', one which may have far more significant implications.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: May 26, 2015, 04:00:04 PM »
I agree with your last statement, but I think my case may be different.  I'm not talking about the initial high... That fades quickly, like any drug-induced euphoria, and I can deal with that.  However, my entire mental state is altered for the whole day.  I think this goes deeper for me.

After a run (or lift) like that, I enter a state which seems much more like what ought to be 'normal' for me.  By contrast, my usual mental state seems overly depressed and anxious.

I perceive nearly every aspect of 'reality' completely differently after a good workout.  Things which trouble me I seek to fix, things I had no appetite for I suddenly desire, I can solve problems far faster, Im more outgoing, I'm far less conservative; in general, I can make decisions instead of being consumed by doubt; I type faster, I feel hunger pangs, my body temperature is higher, I'm not wracked with chills; I don't obsessively worry about food choices, caloric intake, what time it is (whether I'm eating too soon), etc.; I'm able to read patiently; I don't frantically rush over words, I can be contemplative and creative; the list goes on...

Yes, there's still a slight worry that i may fold as soon as the first bad thing happens to me, but there are too many startling differences of various nature to ignore or write this off as 'just another high', no different than any drug.  I think the profound effect of a good workout runs deeper, being tied to the immense amount if time and effort I've put into this endeavor, over the years.

I sense I'm on the verge of reproducible success.  For me, i suspect that's a more profound success than the 'endorphin rush', one which may have far more significant implications.

You are increasing blood flow to the brain, stimulating hormones, neurotrophic factors like Brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF, which is possibly how anti-depressants work and explains the lag in effects). You also experience glycogen depletion and a rebound of gaba which gives that relaxing effect. Try meditation if you haven't, that, proper diet and exercise are cornerstones for anxiety/mood disorders.

Exercise has all sorts of unique effects on brain physiology which have latent and cumulative effects.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #208 on: May 26, 2015, 04:25:00 PM »
I hold the door for people all the time and if they dont say thank you i tell them to get some manners and then i tell them to fuck off.learn to not hive a fuck.if you try to be nice and its not acknowledged fuck em

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: May 26, 2015, 04:42:22 PM »
I hold the door for people all the time and if they dont say thank you i tell them to get some manners and then i tell them to fuck off.learn to not hive a fuck.if you try to be nice and its not acknowledged fuck em

Couldn't agree more. Despite being a girl :D on here, I am far to giving and kind and easily taken advantage of.. retarded? It can make you bitter when you go out of your way only to get fucked over again and again.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: May 26, 2015, 07:31:59 PM »
You are increasing blood flow to the brain, stimulating hormones, neurotrophic factors like Brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF, which is possibly how anti-depressants work and explains the lag in effects). You also experience glycogen depletion and a rebound of gaba which gives that relaxing effect. Try meditation if you haven't, that, proper diet and exercise are cornerstones for anxiety/mood disorders.

Exercise has all sorts of unique effects on brain physiology which have latent and cumulative effects.

Ive been reading the standard fare of wiki articles on this subject, of which you just gave a nice summary. :D

Just learning about all this stuff.  Strange thing is how I never noticed these effects before, specifically with regard to running.  My current hypothesis is that I can only enter this 'high' state if:

1.  The duration is long enough.  May take longer in the morning than evening.
2.  The intensity starts low and 'naturally' ramps up.
3.  I'm not overly preoccupied with anxieties related to performance (e.g. how far I'm running, how many calories I'm burning, whether I'm going to get 'high').

Not sure about 2 and 3.  I suspect this 'natural' progression (2) might only be possible if i can 'free my mind' (3).

I've experienced this state while running and biking, but it seems I can only achieve it at will (so far), while running.  Biking is hit or miss.  Might be related to the increased concentration I need while biking (manipulating the bike, planning the trip, planning duration, etc).

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #211 on: May 26, 2015, 08:54:59 PM »
What type of anxiety or issue is this? Been plaguing me for a while now but never sought help, but as I get older its becoming more of a burden.

These are some examples of thought processes during the day and sometimes they get compounded and really start bothering me and i get all worried/anxious:

-i dont want to spit while that car is there and that guy is looking at me..he will think im spitting to piss him off or be confrontational
-i hope that guy sees me taking weights off the bar when im done so he thinks im a good guy
-i made eye contact with that hot chick at the gym earlier, but now i want to use the machine right next to her. She is going to think i want to fuck her and now its akward, so i wont go over by her. I dont want her to think she is hot shit
-Did that guy acknowledge i held the door for him? He didnt even thank me. What a dick

These are just some examples from today that clogged up my mind.
Its like this social anxiety thing. Its like im overly conscientious, or afraid of confrontations so im always trying to be super respectful of everyone around me. I wish i could just be in my own world and not worty about outside shit like this.

You don't have anxiety, you're just a pussy. 

Don't worry about it, there are a lot of pussies in the world and they usually get along just fine.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #212 on: May 26, 2015, 08:57:47 PM »
You don't have anxiety, you're just a pussy. 

Don't worry about it, there are a lot of pussies in the world and they usually get along just fine.

Haha  ;D

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #213 on: May 27, 2015, 05:34:08 AM »
Couldn't agree more. Despite being a girl :D on here, I am far to giving and kind and easily taken advantage of.. retarded? It can make you bitter when you go out of your way only to get fucked over again and again.

Then why be so helpful? You are just asking for more if you keep giving and not receiving.

I've really never understood this in people. They give and give and get used and used and they keep repeating the same pattern, usually with the same person. Do you feel sorry for these people?

I'm very curious about this mindset as I have the complete opposite.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: May 27, 2015, 05:41:49 AM »
Then why be so helpful? You are just asking for more if you keep giving and not receiving.

I've really never understood this in people. They give and give and get used and used and they keep repeating the same pattern, usually with the same person. Do you feel sorry for these people?

I'm very curious about this mindset as I have the complete opposite.

It's weird man, if you did it to yourself I couldn't lend a hand to piss on you, people who I think are down and out, or need help I will go way out of my way. It's a symptom I think, over responsibility, an OCD thing.

Helping people is one of my only motivators. After 20 years of existential issues etc.. it can alter your perspective.

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #215 on: May 27, 2015, 05:51:36 AM »
It's weird man, if you did it to yourself I couldn't lend a hand to piss on you, people who I think are down and out, or need help I will go way out of my way. It's a symptom I think, over responsibility, an OCD thing.

Helping people is one of my only motivators. After 20 years of existential issues etc.. it can alter your perspective.

I wouldn't say that's getting burned since you are getting a high off of it with self entitlement. I was thinking you were the kind of people who loan a junkie money and expect them to pay you back, and when they come back asking for more you open your wallet again.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #216 on: May 27, 2015, 06:55:12 AM »
I wouldn't say that's getting burned since you are getting a high off of it with self entitlement. I was thinking you were the kind of people who loan a junkie money and expect them to pay you back, and when they come back asking for more you open your wallet again.

Or he's just altruistic.  Sometimes people just help others.  Not because they want some payoff.  They're simply nice people.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: May 27, 2015, 09:48:01 AM »
Some were just not raised to say "thank you" and when confronted about it, they gotta be complete assholes. I still hold doors open for people, most the time people seem surprised but often appreciate the act. (at least these weeks or so...)

Why do I do this? Don't you like it when someone holds the door open for you? Don't you like it when others say "thank you" little things like that can make my day, if in a bad mood, break it if I feel ignored. Who likes to be ignored? DoN't tell me it does not bother you if the person does not say thank you.

Is it expected, not really, well, kinda yeah, lol! But it's a nice gesture that creates good vibes and puts a smile on most people's faces. Why not acknowledge someone else's good doing?
?

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: May 27, 2015, 11:16:53 AM »
Some were just not raised to say "thank you" and when confronted about it, they gotta be complete assholes. I still hold doors open for people, most the time people seem surprised but often appreciate the act. (at least these weeks or so...)

Why do I do this? Don't you like it when someone holds the door open for you? Don't you like it when others say "thank you" little things like that can make my day, if in a bad mood, break it if I feel ignored. Who likes to be ignored? DoN't tell me it does not bother you if the person does not say thank you.

Is it expected, not really, well, kinda yeah, lol! But it's a nice gesture that creates good vibes and puts a smile on most people's faces. Why not acknowledge someone else's good doing?

Agreed 100%. It's just plain rude to not hold the door if someone is reasonably close, and a thank you should always be tendered. Most people follow this protocol, a small minority however were raised like shit and are not concerned with common decency.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #219 on: May 27, 2015, 11:45:06 AM »
meditation.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: May 27, 2015, 02:40:34 PM »
People frequently hold a door open for me. This always happens when my wife is with me. Both of us thank the person for their thoughtfulness. Likewise, I hold doors open whenever someone is close by. Most thank me. Occasionally someone doesn't. When this happens, I don't give it more than a passing thought. It's not worth it to fret over someone's thoughtlessness.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #221 on: May 27, 2015, 02:45:52 PM »
People frequently hold a door open for me. This always happens when my wife is with me. Both of us thank the person for their thoughtfulness. Likewise, I hold doors open whenever someone is close by. Most thank me. Occasionally someone doesn't. When this happens, I don't give it more than a passing thought. It's not worth it to fret over someone's thoughtlessness.
Yes, it seems they like to close it on you too.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #222 on: May 27, 2015, 07:53:31 PM »

Classic.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: May 27, 2015, 07:57:54 PM »

Correction: Shizzo still finds a very old and tired joke funny enough to keep posting it over and over again.

Are you sure it's not you who is getting the door shut on them? You don't seem very popular around here. Not being mean, just making a logical observation.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #224 on: September 18, 2015, 06:06:01 PM »
Sometimes at night when trying to sleep I will get anxiety and a lot of racing thoughts like a TV channel changing fast and also feel like there is not enough oxygen in the room. I open a window and this helps.
Also when having this night time anxiety I feel like my heart is beating very hard.