Author Topic: Best lifting shoes...  (Read 4307 times)

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
Re: Best lifting shoes...
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2015, 11:24:39 AM »
Are Converse All Star trainers made in the US stronger than the ones made in the UK?
I used to train with them as I had heard people say that they are great shoes to train in, but only after a few weeks, they looked wrecked. :-\

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2015, 11:43:53 AM »
Are Converse All Star trainers made in the US stronger than the ones made in the UK?
I used to train with them as I had heard people say that they are great shoes to train in, but only after a few weeks, they looked wrecked. :-\

A few years ago they changed production from America to various Asian countries, and changed the design and components a bit, and they don't last nearly as long as the older US models. I remember back around 2004 or so, lots of guys were stocking up on the last of the US made models(both regular and the all leather ones liked by some), and some switched to various Adidas and Puma soccer shoes.

Much of the popularity here is because of Westside Barbell, Louie liked them because they were a cheap, thin, flat, hard soled shoe. Nothing magical.

You might want to see if you can find PF Flyers in England, they're very similar to the Converses, but better made.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2015, 11:53:43 AM »
A few years ago they changed production from America to various Asian countries, and changed the design and components a bit, and they don't last nearly as long as the older US models. I remember back around 2004 or so, lots of guys were stocking up on the last of the US made models(both regular and the all leather ones liked by some) and some switched to various Adidas and Puma soccer shoes.

Much of the popularity here is because of Westside Barbell, Louie liked them because they were a cheap, thin, flat, hard soled shoe. Nothing magical.

You might want to see if you can find PF Flyers in England, they're very similar to the Converses, but better made.

Thanks. I just couldn't understand why they were falling apart after all the positive things I had heard.
I'll check out the PF Flyers although my Lonsdale boxing shoes are holding up really well at the moment.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2015, 03:06:11 PM »
lol at best "lifting shoes".

wear a shoe u are comfy in, simple as that.

be prepared for them to get squashed on leg day so wont last as long as if u didnt lift...at least from a tread/sole perspective.

they also get stretched from squats and leg presses.

other than that, no shoe affords you much over another. those gay ass atomix fag boots and heeled weight lifting shoes are hilarious.

Diesel618

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2015, 03:39:34 PM »

I wear these. Nice flat sole for deads and squats and work really well for calf work as well.

Master P

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2015, 03:48:35 PM »

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2015, 04:14:37 PM »
The best lifting shoes are Converse high top, Nike romaleos, Adidas powerlifting 2.0, and the Nike Janoski air max

Master P

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2015, 04:20:35 PM »

I like these .

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2015, 04:27:39 PM »
I wear plain Chuck Taylor's too

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2015, 04:54:10 PM »
The best lifting shoes are Converse high top, Nike romaleos, Adidas powerlifting 2.0, and the Nike Janoski air max

Anything with an "air pad" is terrible for power lifting. The air max's hopefully don't have the soft heel system as that is the opposite of what you want!
?

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2015, 05:07:33 PM »
Anything with an "air pad" is terrible for power lifting. The air max's hopefully don't have the soft heel system as that is the opposite of what you want!

The Janoski Air max I have do have the air pad, but I like wearing them on days where I don't do lifts like deadlifts or squats or any leg exercises. They're really comfortable compared to the other air maxes and perfect for cardio too!

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2015, 05:25:45 PM »
The Janoski Air max I have do have the air pad, but I like wearing them on days where I don't do lifts like deadlifts or squats or any leg exercises. They're really comfortable compared to the other air maxes and perfect for cardio too!

Good move!
?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2015, 05:39:13 PM »

/thread.
Haven't you learned anything from today's top guys? It's either Jordan reissues, red high top Otomix, or Five Fingers. Nothing else will do.

DanM

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2015, 08:42:26 PM »
Wrestling shoes for deads, either boots or oly shoes for squats that's really about all that matters. How someone does their curls or pull downs etc it really doesn't matter what they have on their feet

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2015, 09:30:19 PM »
Chucks are a good shoe for any lift where you drive through your feet.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2015, 09:40:48 PM »
Spot on DanM!!