Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
September 24, 2018, 09:45:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese bike share graveyard a monument to industry's 'arrogance'  (Read 1356 times)
Taffin
Getbig V

OK, I'll help - on one condition...

« on: November 26, 2017, 02:03:12 PM »

Some pretty amazing pics of this... and BB-related because I use a bike for cardio (once in a blue moon...)

"Future of dockless bicycles under a cloud amid concerns there are too many bikes and not enough demand

At first glance the photos vaguely resemble a painting. On closer inspection it might be a giant sculpture or some other art project. But in reality it is a mangled pile of bicycles covering an area roughly the size of a football pitch, and so high that cranes are need to reach the top; cast-offs from the boom and bust of China’s bike sharing industry.

Just two days after China’s number three bike sharing company went bankrupt, a photographer in the south-eastern city of Xiamen captured a bicycle graveyard where thousands have been laid to rest. The pile clearly contains thousands of bikes from each of the top three companies, Mobike, Ofo and the now-defunct Bluegogo."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/nov/25/chinas-bike-share-graveyard-a-monument-to-industrys-arrogance

Report to moderator   Logged

T
ratherbebig
Getbig V

Earth is just one big asylum

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 02:08:20 PM »

whats the story here

people dont want to use a bike?

Palumboism
Getbig IV

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 02:16:46 PM »

Some pretty amazing pics of this... and BB-related because I use a bike for cardio (once in a blue moon...)

"Future of dockless bicycles under a cloud amid concerns there are too many bikes and not enough demand

At first glance the photos vaguely resemble a painting. On closer inspection it might be a giant sculpture or some other art project. But in reality it is a mangled pile of bicycles covering an area roughly the size of a football pitch, and so high that cranes are need to reach the top; cast-offs from the boom and bust of China’s bike sharing industry.

Just two days after China’s number three bike sharing company went bankrupt, a photographer in the south-eastern city of Xiamen captured a bicycle graveyard where thousands have been laid to rest. The pile clearly contains thousands of bikes from each of the top three companies, Mobike, Ofo and the now-defunct Bluegogo."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/nov/25/chinas-bike-share-graveyard-a-monument-to-industrys-arrogance

The people who founded these companies walked away with hundreds of millions if not billions.  Those who invested in them eventually lost everything. 

Be careful what you invest in.  Many companies that look legitimate and are publicly listed are scams.
Simple Simon
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 02:26:04 PM »

The people who founded these companies walked away with hundreds of millions if not billions.  Those who invested in them eventually lost everything. 

Be careful what you invest in.  Many companies that look legitimate and are publicly listed are scams.
_bruce_
Getbig V

Anus Rising

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 02:26:59 PM »

Once all these bike queers find out about Harley Davidson the world's oil reserves won't recover.

Board_SHERIF
Getbig V

UK Independence Party

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 02:37:08 PM »

Disgusting GOOKS destroy and pollute everything they touch.

K
Taffin
Getbig V

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 04:42:25 PM »

whats the story here

people dont want to use a bike?

Not exactly.  It's just that hiring bikes for short journeys as required never really took a hold in that market, so they've ended up with a colossal surplus of perfectly good bicycles.... hope they can find a charitable use for them or something like that... just scrapping them seems ultra-wasteful...  Cry

T
chaos
Getbig V

Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 04:55:17 PM »

Once all these bike queers find out about Harley Davidson the world's oil reserves won't recover.
The Japs looove Harleys.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
Zillotch
Getbig V

humanity is about to be steamrolled

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 05:04:54 PM »

seriously... wtf is wrong with chinese people
werewolf operative
Getbig IV

Only the inferior strive for equality.

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 08:52:05 PM »

Dan-O
Getbig V

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2017, 10:33:24 PM »

This one looks like a Van Gogh painting

Taffin
Getbig V

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 10:33:42 AM »

Now THAT is one dirty pool!  Yeuck!  *shudder*

T
Parker
Getbig V

He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 10:46:41 AM »

The Japs looove Harleys.
I thought that they would be more into Triumphs.
chaos
Getbig V

Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 12:06:55 PM »

I thought that they would be more into Triumphs.
Not sure about the triumph scene. I know 2 different guys that built Harleys from junk yard bikes that sold them to Japs that sent them back to Japan. They seem to prefer the bobber style.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!