Author Topic: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - Fight of the Century indeed!  (Read 5536 times)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
Re: mayweather ha ha..
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2015, 08:30:29 AM »
floyd had easy work with pacquiao  8)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2015, 08:54:15 AM »
What a terrible fight.

Well, that's the last FMW fight i feel obligated to watch.

8)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2015, 08:59:51 AM »

fmw specializes in flat-footed mexican type come forward fighters, and you'd pay for this match up too instead of ray leonard or hearns.  ::)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2015, 09:05:04 AM »
My friend Ed paid for the fight, we watched it there. $100.00 to him is like 10.00 bucks to most, so it was no issue (just a reason to hang out).

We enjoyed it, mostly for the food, beer, wine, rum, his Dad (wine maka) etc...

But we were probably so lit up, we thought we watched a great fight.

Anyways, it was an awesome night...

Sounds like some hot man on man bromance to me  :D

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2015, 09:07:17 AM »
What a terrible fight.

Well, that's the last FMW fight i feel obligated to watch.

8)

HAH! That's a laugh. You will tune in more hyped than ever come this september. Floyd is OBVIOUSLY the best boxer in this era  8)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2015, 09:09:47 AM »
HAH! That's a laugh. You will tune in more hyped than ever come this september. Floyd is OBVIOUSLY the best boxer in this era  8)

I've only paid for 3 of his fights throughout his career.

He's a good fighter, but he's far from the best.

8)

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - Fight of the Century indeed!
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2015, 09:27:08 AM »
I watched the fight on Mexican TV, it was free in Mexico, Philippines and some other country's. Could also watch in over the internet, though streaming can be rather poor at times. Having a VPN helps a lot.

Manny was  the aggressor but Mayweather know how to impress the judges and put on a show. With pro fights judging, the aggressor will have the advantage (he's making the fight out of the fight) in scoring. But not this time.  Mayweather has flash, is quick, slick and know how to play the judges, I will have to give him that. His defensive skill are among the best, if not the best, in the business. Mayweather is contracted for one more fight before the years end, that might be interesting as to who. Rematch...I wonder. Another 3-4 million gate doesn't seem too bad  either. Manny is more blue collar, while Mayweather is slick...take your pick.

Personal view: if it was aggression vs defense, would have to say a draw if going by past matches I have seen.  
F

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2015, 10:21:40 AM »
Here's the problem.  Both got paid no matter the result. Why bother killing themselves?  Pac already lost 5 fights in his career so losing again was no big deal.  If they made it where it was winner gets $100 million and loser gets $25 million I bet you'd have seen a true fight.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2015, 10:22:04 AM »

fcome forward fighters,
is that what chavez was? ::)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2015, 10:23:54 AM »

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2015, 10:40:30 AM »

Mayweather has an awesome sponsor in Hublot.  Great watches.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2015, 01:58:34 PM »
I've only paid for 3 of his fights throughout his career.

He's a good fighter, but he's far from the best.

8)

Hell no is he the best ever, but the best in this era? I'd say yes. Of course, I admit that his way of getting the job done is not entertaining and lacks warrior spirit, but most people who try to mimic floyd's style end up dead because it's not about running, it's about defensive skills that floyd has almost perfected, gotta give him that.

I haven't paid for a single fight but I always watch him when he is doing something.

Mendez vs Aldo 2, now THAT was a fight, high replay value. You always want to watch floyd's fights, but only once, and then you feel the same way as you would feel after cuming too fast inside a hot bitch you wanted so bad, but it didn't quite work out the way you expected :D

Here's the problem.  Both got paid no matter the result. Why bother killing themselves?  Pac already lost 5 fights in his career so losing again was no big deal.  If they made it where it was winner gets $100 million and loser gets $25 million I bet you'd have seen a true fight.

Speaking of which, I think the entire set up in all of the press conferences were awkward. It's like everyone put it together in a hurry. And I think pacquiao died a little from the inside because he talked about his "spiritual crusade" against evil floyd and whatever, but after the fight was done all he was left was a lot of money, but pac lost a bit of his integrity but not because he lost, it's how he lost... that's how I see it, I could be wrong. If i was pac, i'd donate all of his money to the poor people of his country or something, but even then, it's "floyd's evil money"