Author Topic: getbig's official NBA thread  (Read 55489 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: getbig's official NBA thread
« Reply #925 on: June 29, 2015, 12:09:09 AM »
His first year on the Wizards, before he injured his knee in the 2nd half of the season or so, MJ was averaging 25 points/game, playing a new position (SF) against guys 10-20 years younger than him, at age 39.  He scored 50+ points once, 40+ points four times, 30+points 16 times, and scored 20 or more points in 35/60 games played.

He then came back from this injury and averaged 20 points/game while playing all 82 games at literally age 40.

Truly a dreadful performance ::)

not good enough to even get to the playoffs

hey i'm just holding jordan to the same unrealisic standards you guys have for lebron, lebron is a "loser" for not winning a title with two cavs teams that would be in the lottey without him, so what does that make jordan for not even making the playoffs?

jordan is also a horrible GM and the wizards fired him

E
E

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #926 on: June 29, 2015, 04:04:56 AM »

hey i'm just holding jordan to the same unrealisic standards you guys have for lebron, lebron is a "loser" for not winning a title with two cavs teams that would be in the lottey without him, so what does that make jordan for not even making the playoffs?

E

Jordan may be the worst gm ever, not even the biggest Jordan fan will argue that

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #927 on: June 29, 2015, 07:11:22 AM »
Jordan may be the worst gm ever, not even the biggest Jordan fan will argue that

He is not the worst gm ever lol i can name quite a few worse...Getting Stephenson was a good move but it just didn't work out..Getting Batum now is a good move and seems like the Hornets are heading in the right direction...That team is not stockpiled with talent anyhow whatsoever...They're the kings of the east IMO DECENT talent but probably won't make the playoffs and DEF won't make a splash if they do...Anybody with his job right now would be in a tough situation right now

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #928 on: June 29, 2015, 07:41:20 AM »

E

Disagree.....the Cavs without Lebron and with Love and Irving healthy during the season are better than a lottery team

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #929 on: June 29, 2015, 09:58:52 AM »
Here are the trainwrecks of a roster Jordan failed to drag to the playoffs at 39 and 40 years old respectively:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/WAS/2002.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/WAS/2003.html

If you think the current Cavs minus LeBron are on the same level of talent as those shitshows then I don't know what to tell you.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #930 on: July 01, 2015, 03:42:27 PM »
Disagree.....the Cavs without Lebron and with Love and Irving healthy during the season are better than a lottery team

they were a lottery team every year without lebron, kyrie was on the team and love only came because of lebron

E
E

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #931 on: July 01, 2015, 03:49:04 PM »
Here are the trainwrecks of a roster Jordan failed to drag to the playoffs at 39 and 40 years old respectively:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/WAS/2002.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/WAS/2003.html

If you think the current Cavs minus LeBron are on the same level of talent as those shitshows then I don't know what to tell you.

He only came back to put bums in seats, generate more value for the team, no one even at the time was under any illusion why, he said as much himself

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #932 on: July 01, 2015, 04:05:45 PM »
Resign Khwaii Leonard...........Check
Resign Danny Green..............Check
Trade Tiago Splitter for cap space..............Check (Traded to ATL today)
Obtain LeMarcus Aldridge..............Pe nding...Coming soon. ;) :)

clownbaby

• Getbig III
  • get licked
« Reply #933 on: July 01, 2015, 04:26:00 PM »

They better get lamarcus otherwise letting go of a versatile player like splitter will be a waste.  If they get lamarcus they are a hands down preseason favorite to win it all

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #934 on: July 01, 2015, 04:28:26 PM »
jordan was a shitting baseball player, golfer and gambler

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #935 on: July 01, 2015, 04:42:16 PM »

The correct hebrew spelling is LaMarcus, not LeMarcus.  ;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #936 on: July 01, 2015, 04:42:50 PM »
They better get lamarcus otherwise letting go of a versatile player like splitter will be a waste.  If they get lamarcus they are a hands down preseason favorite to win it all

We'll get him.  No doubt in my mind.  His meeting with L.A. didn't go so well today.
He wants to be in San Antonio, Duncan is one of his idols. It's gonna happen.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #937 on: July 01, 2015, 04:46:25 PM »
Blazers just gave Lillard a max deal. I interpret that as saying Dame is our guy, Aldridge can fuck off.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #938 on: July 01, 2015, 05:24:21 PM »
Im glad they got rid of splitter, dude never materialized and god knows they gave him his chance, he simply never improved nor was up to par with duncan or drob, dude always looked like he had two left hands and two left legs. LA would be the dign sucessor of duncan and it would be great to see them play together.

Lol at tyson chandler not giving a fuck about winning and only joining a shitty suns team for the max money. Very melo-esque move and attitude.

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #939 on: July 02, 2015, 06:26:05 PM »
Im glad they got rid of splitter, dude never materialized and god knows they gave him his chance, he simply never improved nor was up to par with duncan or drob, dude always looked like he had two left hands and two left legs. LA would be the dign sucessor of duncan and it would be great to see them play together.

Lol at tyson chandler not giving a fuck about winning and only joining a shitty suns team for the max money. Very melo-esque move and attitude.

I feel suns management as well as the players and fans feel that they can compete in the west..At least that was the idea behind the signing on their part..Do i think the suns will make the playoffs? Yes.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #940 on: July 02, 2015, 06:28:16 PM »
The correct hebrew spelling is LaMarcus, not LeMarcus.  ;D

Sorry bro.  LeBron, LaMarcus.  I'm confused by my peoples odd naming techniques. lol

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #941 on: July 02, 2015, 06:33:13 PM »
Sorry bro.  LeBron, LaMarcus.  I'm confused by my peoples odd naming techniques. lol

;D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #942 on: July 04, 2015, 10:44:39 AM »

Aldridge officially signing with the MIGHTY BIG SWINGING DICK SPURS, congrats to 2016 NBA champs.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #943 on: July 04, 2015, 10:46:11 AM »
Aldridge officially signing with the MIGHTY BIG SWINGING DICK SPURS, congrats to 2016 NBA champs.

UGH, suddenly the spurs kick lebrons ass for another 6 years.  Ugh lol

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #944 on: July 04, 2015, 03:08:02 PM »
Bucks will be the 3 seed in the east this year... It will be 1. cavs 2. Bulls 3. Bucks 4. Heat 5. Pacers 6. Hawks 7. Raptors 8. Wizards

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #945 on: July 05, 2015, 01:48:01 PM »
Cavs in trade talks for Joe Johnson. Overpaid but they would have someone to pass the ball to down the stretch when Lebron does the usual disappearing act. He is a very clutch player and has been during his career.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #946 on: July 06, 2015, 03:41:46 PM »
The rich get richer... ;D

David West agrees to sign with Spurs for veterans minimum $1.5M

SAN ANTONIO -- The Spurs continued their run of good fortune Monday, luring
free agent David West for what sources confirmed to ESPN's Marc Stein's will be the veterans minimum of about $1.5 million for next season.
West spent the past four seasons with the Indiana Pacers, with whom he opted out of a deal that would have paid him $12 million for 2015-16.
The deal follows Manu Ginobili announcing earlier in the day his return for a 14th NBA season.

The acquisition also comes on the heels of the Spurs bringing aboard highly touted free-agent forward LaMarcus Aldridge by way of a four-year maximum contract worth more than $80 million, which includes an opt-out after the third year.

West averaged 11.7 points last season on 47.1 percent shooting, in addition to pulling down 6.8 rebounds per game.
Sources said the Cleveland Cavaliers, Golden State Warriors and Washington Wizards all offered West more money, but he's made it clear in recent days his desire to join a contender.

"At this point in my career, it's all about winning," West said during a recent interview with WTHR-TV in Indianapolis. "And again, I don't want to be in a position where we're just fighting to make the playoffs. I want to be in a spot where we can legitimately taste the Finals."

The Spurs would seem the ideal destination for West, considering they re-signed starters Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green to go with the acquisition of Aldridge; not to mention recent announcements concerning the returns of veterans Tim Duncan and Ginobili.

The Spurs committed a considerable amount of salary-cap space to bring aboard Aldridge and re-sign Leonard and Green. So depth was a concern for the Spurs, given their limited cap flexibility.

But West agreed to the cap-friendly deal.

After news spread of Aldridge's signing, San Antonio's odds to win the West improved to 2-1 at the Westgate SuperBook in Las Vegas, and the club is 4-1 to win the NBA title behind only Cleveland, which is a 9-4 favorite.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #947 on: July 06, 2015, 06:16:21 PM »
UGH, suddenly the spurs kick lebrons ass for another 6 years.  Ugh lol

Lebron be like......"Time to retire".

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #948 on: July 06, 2015, 08:07:27 PM »
Now David West of the league minimum. The Spurs know how to do it.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #949 on: July 07, 2015, 04:09:49 PM »
I'm giddy at the thought of Lebron getting to the Finals next year and losing to the Spurs.............again.

Lol, fuck that nikka.