Author Topic: Pride contracts/$$$  (Read 9594 times)

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
Pride contracts/$$$
« on: February 26, 2006, 05:19:24 PM »
Does anyone have any insight into what the guys in Pride are making?  I'm curious because of the Quinton jackson re-signing and getting to see some UFC fighters payout's are(not as much as you might think).

c-u-n-hell

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Pride contracts/$$$
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 09:47:10 AM »
The Japanese pay their fighters like we pay football players

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 10:04:15 AM »
believe it or not, Bob Sapp is one of the most affluent fighters there is!
Scouser on Tour

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 09:02:54 AM »
Does anyone have any insight into what the guys in Pride are making?  I'm curious because of the Quinton jackson re-signing and getting to see some UFC fighters payout's are(not as much as you might think).

Agreed. But as the sport continues to grow in popularity over the next couple of years you will see some of the top tier guys start signing million dollar contracts. A fighter's union will be established over time as well. It has to happen because as the UFC gains more mainstream exposure and sponsors the powers that be will have to pay the fighters accordingly to market value. Otherwise, a fighter's strike could happen(it seems comical but it's very likely). The fighter's make the sport, not the owners. They have the leverage if such a conflict would to occur.

c-u-n-hell

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 09:44:07 AM »
Agreed. But as the sport continues to grow in popularity over the next couple of years you will see some of the top tier guys start signing million dollar contracts. A fighter's union will be established over time as well. It has to happen because as the UFC gains more mainstream exposure and sponsors the powers that be will have to pay the fighters accordingly to market value. Otherwise, a fighter's strike could happen(it seems comical but it's very likely). The fighter's make the sport, not the owners. They have the leverage if such a conflict would to occur.
Yeah buddy like they did with BJ Penn. They let him go. There will always be someone willing to fight for some amount of money. Look at the NFL the players who hold out never get any extra than what is in their contracts even when they strike they will find scabs to replace them. Learn something about busniess before you reveal your stupidity

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 09:52:39 AM »
The catch w/ a union is that there are a lot of regional/local guys who (w/ the Dana White hype machinem in play) would step up and fill the current guys shoes. 

c-u-n-hell

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 10:38:48 AM »
You remind me of Bambi on test still a little bitch

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 03:00:39 PM »
You remind me of Bambi on test still a little bitch
Am I in your dreams or something? You resond twice to my quote? Damn, bro. take it easy. I like women. Your mother and sister especially sure know how to share a cock.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 03:02:20 PM »
The catch w/ a union is that there are a lot of regional/local guys who (w/ the Dana White hype machinem in play) would step up and fill the current guys shoes. 

True. But with the current established stars in the making.....would the fans still pay to see these new guys right away? maybe, maybe not.

c-u-n-hell

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 05:15:17 PM »
Am I in your dreams or something? You resond twice to my quote? Damn, bro. take it easy. I like women. Your mother and sister especially sure know how to share a cock.
Yeah you love women I will let you tell it that is what all closet fags say. Didnt you go to jail for sucking dick with an attempt to swallow

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 06:03:19 PM »
Yeah you love women I will let you tell it that is what all closet fags say. Didnt you go to jail for sucking dick with an attempt to swallow

BOOOOOOORRRRRIIINNNGGGG. ....

c-u-n-hell

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 06:11:45 PM »
BOOOOOOORRRRRIIINNNGGGG.....
You and your wife think alike

c-u-n-hell

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2006, 06:17:55 PM »
BOOOOOOORRRRRIIINNNGGGG.....
Your mother speaks 8 languages and dont say no in any of them

c-u-n-hell

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2006, 06:19:23 PM »
Learn to spell bitch

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2006, 02:55:35 PM »

here, I you can borrow these:

,,,,....,,,,....,,,,....,,,,!!!!!!

take as many as you need

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2006, 07:56:21 PM »
take as many as you need

LOL

c-u-n-hell

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 07:21:40 AM »
take as many as you need
Ok dude what ever you say. There is no need for me to reply again your smart fot a retard

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2006, 10:02:40 AM »
Yeah buddy like they did with BJ Penn. They let him go. There will always be someone willing to fight for some amount of money. Look at the NFL the players who hold out never get any extra than what is in their contracts even when they strike they will find scabs to replace them. Learn something about busniess before you reveal your stupidity

This was a very stupid statement.  The players almost always get what they want.  It sometimes may not be exactly but they do get something more.  It is usually paid of years but they do get something accompliched.  Scabs do not replace the players they are there to fill in.  There is a reason why they are called professional athletes.  Not everyone can do it.  You have to be among the best.  That is what people pay to see.  If not they could go down to thepark on Sunday and watch a bunch of guys like you playing.  How many scabs are still playing .  This was a really stupid analogy.  Learn something about business before you reveal your stupidity.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2006, 10:59:23 AM »
This was a very stupid statement.  The players almost always get what they want.  It sometimes may not be exactly but they do get something more.  It is usually paid of years but they do get something accompliched.  Scabs do not replace the players they are there to fill in.  There is a reason why they are called professional athletes.  Not everyone can do it.  You have to be among the best.  That is what people pay to see.  If not they could go down to thepark on Sunday and watch a bunch of guys like you playing.  How many scabs are still playing .  This was a really stupid analogy.  Learn something about business before you reveal your stupidity.

EXACTLY. You're responding to a 17 year old's statement so consider the source.

c-u-n-hell

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2006, 11:44:30 AM »
OK so BJ Penn lost his title due to getting kicked out Terell Owens was suspended without pay for the rest of the season. IN 98 Emmit Smithn Held out for 3 weeks for a raise what did he get 3 unpaid weeks now look up your facts tell me one player who holds out and gets more $$$ not one player in modern sports who has a contract in place gets any more than what is speficied already. Post your facts on one, That is why they sign the contracts and owners make them adhere to them. Look what is going on in the NFL right now the Union wants more $ the owners say only for free agents and that is where we stand so learn about sports before you reveal your stupidy bitch

c-u-n-hell

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2006, 11:45:22 AM »
EXACTLY. You're responding to a 17 year old's statement so consider the source.
Is it not sad that a 17 year old is your new step dad. Now go get daddy a beer bitch

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2006, 04:48:13 PM »
your smart fot a retard

wow...

do me a favor: less fighting, more reading

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2006, 06:37:58 PM »
Since I don't follow sports unlike you cause I actually was a pro athlete in 2 sports and to tell you the truth I don't like watching them or paying attention I can't recall any individual's story.  Not even when I played or competed.  But the fact is I did it.  But, I do know what union's do and if i recall that was the instance brought up.  If EVERY instance the union will come out better.  You mention 2 or 3 guys.  There are hundreds who do get more by holding out or asking for more.  So if you are trying to argue here you will lose.  Your analogy sucked and you should take like a man that it was stupid.  As a member of the Screen Actors Guild I think we went on strike 3 times.  Each time I might have lost a little money but the terms of the new contract made it a whole lot better.

You put they'll find fighters who will fight for less. And maybe they will.  And maybe the fights will be better.  But, when you have seasoned veteran who has a name and hundreds of thousand of fans that comes into play in theoverall scheme of things.  DO you think people are going to $45 for Pay Per View to watch you fight your boyfriend.  Doubt it.  But they will to see Chuck Lidell, or any other name like that fight.  SOn, I live in the real world and I have lived in that world, so don't come on here thinking you are going to school me.  Sure there are some insances that support your thoughts but they are very small part of the bigger picture.

c-u-n-hell

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2006, 05:21:44 AM »
Since I don't follow sports unlike you cause I actually was a pro athlete in 2 sports and to tell you the truth I don't like watching them or paying attention I can't recall any individual's story.  Not even when I played or competed.  But the fact is I did it.  But, I do know what union's do and if i recall that was the instance brought up.  If EVERY instance the union will come out better.  You mention 2 or 3 guys.  There are hundreds who do get more by holding out or asking for more.  So if you are trying to argue here you will lose.  Your analogy sucked and you should take like a man that it was stupid.  As a member of the Screen Actors Guild I think we went on strike 3 times.  Each time I might have lost a little money but the terms of the new contract made it a whole lot better.

You put they'll find fighters who will fight for less. And maybe they will.  And maybe the fights will be better.  But, when you have seasoned veteran who has a name and hundreds of thousand of fans that comes into play in theoverall scheme of things.  DO you think people are going to $45 for Pay Per View to watch you fight your boyfriend.  Doubt it.  But they will to see Chuck Lidell, or any other name like that fight.  SOn, I live in the real world and I have lived in that world, so don't come on here thinking you are going to school me.  Sure there are some insances that support your thoughts but they are very small part of the bigger picture.
Listen man in 98 the world series was cancelled last year hockey was cancelled. In the early 80s football was also. Next year the football season may have another lockout if there is not another CBA so those are 3 big pictures. When a player is under contract he will not get more $ under the same contract period. His only hope is for a contract extension then he can ask for more money. You may not follow sports and yes I do, but I played 3 years of semi pro football and I am a fighter for very small orginizations. I already know in fights I dont make crap so save the insults maybe a grand a fight but I do know about Collective Bargining Agreements so trust me when I say the athletes wont get any extra $ they the current contract says. Is this good enough for you or do you need more dstails because I have a bunch.

c-u-n-hell

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2006, 05:23:05 AM »
wow...

do me a favor: less fighting, more reading

That is fair no problem