Author Topic: MARK KERR COMEBACK  (Read 6944 times)

jeffrey.

• Getbig III
  • i love the pdi
MARK KERR COMEBACK
« on: February 26, 2006, 04:02:09 AM »
do you think mark can make an impact on the mma world again?or do you think his time has come and gone?

jeffrey.

• Getbig III
  • i love the pdi
Re: MARK KERR COMEBACK
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 04:09:43 AM »

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 04:56:14 AM »
Depends which mark Kerr shows up; he is a fighter who could still be very tough to beat.  Heard he's fighting Wes Sims.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 05:09:30 AM »
he relied on painkillers alot during his mma career and you have to wonder if he would go back to them,hes a beast and a skilled fighter but he relied on his gnp and his ability to control the other guy,in the same mold as coleman imo who uses his wrestling backround to get top position,id like to see him back but only if his heart is in it and he wants to win
R

jeffrey.

• Getbig III
  • i love the pdi
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 05:13:05 AM »
yeah he is alot like coleman in terms of wrestling skills but i think kerr is a far better striker and alot more agile.
if he is really serious i think he can rise to the top again.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 05:22:05 AM »
id like to see his cardio better though cause imo everyfight he lost was cause of gassing,he was dominating then all of a sudden his gas tank just went empty,he would have won all those fights imo
R

jeffrey.

• Getbig III
  • i love the pdi
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 05:24:46 AM »
id like to see his cardio better though cause imo everyfight he lost was cause of gassing,he was dominating then all of a sudden his gas tank just went empty,he would have won all those fights imo
i agree,think he needs to fight at around 235-240lbs to be really in shape.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 06:21:13 AM »
I hope so. But he's getting old, born 1968, and it's hard to say how well he will do without his 'medicine'
It takes too long for him to get back into action, he lost in 2004 after 40 seconds (just unfortunate, didn't say much about his capacity) but it's 2006 now, and he still isn't fighting? He need to get back into the game.
Z

IronGame

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 08:28:15 AM »
It's hard to say, but I don't see him being anything more than a "B" level fighter. I hope he isn't just doing this because he needs the money.  If his heart isn't in it 100%, he won't last long.
white belt for life

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 11:56:32 AM »
I hope so. But he's getting old, born 1968, and it's hard to say how well he will do without his 'medicine'

Is he still off his "medicine"? 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2006, 01:13:46 PM »
Well from what I understand watching the documentary all those painkillers etc almost killed him... so question is if he can fight on that level without it
Z

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2006, 01:44:01 PM »
I wonder if he'll try and regain some of the size that he's lost, or if he'll remain natural? Good luck to him anyhow

IronGame

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2006, 04:46:39 PM »
Is he gonna fight in Pride?  Pretty much everybody there juices.  As far as I know, they don't do any type of testing.
white belt for life

Jaded

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2006, 09:39:22 PM »
Kerr was a fighter before his time ... that is why i think he scored all those victories in his first 11 fights...

now pretty much all fighters are well rounded and have EVOLVED beyond what MMA was...

Kerr would do good in his future fights if he himself have also evolved.. IMO

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 02:33:29 AM »
before outlawing headbutts and knees to the head on the ground etc he was unstoppable. Once he got you down you were beaten, and he ALWAYS got you down. He just didnt have the mental stability to remain a top fighter, much the same as Mike Tyson
Scouser on Tour

lilbg

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 10:40:43 AM »
Didnt Kerr already try to make a come back?  If I remember right he picked a guy up to slam him down and ended up knocking his own self out.  I also saw the documentary.. sad story... should have gotten away from that girl.... and the pain killers

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006, 10:47:11 AM »
Kerr wont be able to make an impact, if he was smart he'd be a coach/trainer...  He could play off his name.  A natural mark kerr isn't the same as the original.

Anyone see his ADCC superfight with Arona?  How he looked natural?  World of difference.