Author Topic: 10 Supported Reasons for Coconut Oil  (Read 7266 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
10 Supported Reasons for Coconut Oil
« on: May 07, 2015, 07:10:54 AM »
http://www.worldlifestyle.com/health-fitness/coconut-oil-can-save-your-life?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=coconutoil

.....9. Helps Increase Testosterone

Dr Mike Hart told the Huffington Post that dietary factors and a low-fat diet can be attributed to low testosterone. Medium chain triglyceride oils, as found in coconut do the opposite for testosterone levels.

According to Sayer Ji , founder of Greenmedinfo.com, “Coconut oil was found to reduce oxidative stress in the testes of rats, resulting in significantly higher levels of testosterone.”
:

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
Re: 10 Supported Reasons for Coconut Oil
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 11:04:22 AM »
Read about this not too long ago. Been adding to black coffee in the morning.  Supposed to give added energy, stave off hunger, reduce belly fat etc. Been using it for about a month.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 04:17:42 PM »
Read about this not too long ago. Been adding to black coffee in the morning.  Supposed to give added energy, stave off hunger, reduce belly fat etc. Been using it for about a month.

Coconut oil retailers thank you as do vegan advocacy groups.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 09:20:06 PM »
i like cooking with it..but i can only do it in short burst...i get tired of coconut oil very fast

bench

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 02:44:27 AM »
I prefer avocado oil. Far more versatile. That and lard of course. Nothing comes close to the taste of rendered pig.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 08:37:37 AM »

Coconut oil retailers thank you as do vegan advocacy groups.

Are you saying its worthless?

EDIT: nevermind. Did some research, see your point.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 09:33:51 AM »
I prefer avocado oil. Far more versatile. That and lard of course. Nothing comes close to the taste of rendered pig.

What is the smoke point of avocado in comparison to olive oil?
I still like and will use coconut oil.

Animal fat - in realistic/appropriate amounts, of course - is an AMAZING asset to healthy living!

Veganism is nothing but complete idiocy.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 12:23:28 PM »
Have to Google it but I remember avocado oil smoking point among the highest. Over 500F

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 12:25:41 PM »
http://jonbarron.org/diet-and-nutrition/healthiest-cooking-oil-chart-smoke-points#.Vgbw03NZTqA 

Has a very neutral taste. I like it for everything. Still use coconut oil for popcorn though.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2015, 04:33:43 PM »
What is a good kind of coconut oil to get?? Virgin extra Virgin??

I also like red palm oil- how does that compare??
w

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2015, 06:24:49 PM »
What is a good kind of coconut oil to get?? Virgin extra Virgin??

I also like red palm oil- how does that compare??

Compare how?  Taste?  Cooking?

Coconut oil is all organic and virgin. Virgin is a bullshit marketing term anyway.

Remember. Canola doesn't exist. It's RAPESEED. But since that won't sell. ..... Canola.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2015, 06:54:08 PM »
Remember. Canola doesn't exist. It's RAPESEED. But since that won't sell. ..... Canola.

This world is so biased.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 02:22:19 AM »

This world is so biased.

More misnomers:
 - Fat. As part of food it should be labeled as lipids. Not all lipids are created equa .
- Carbohydrates. Should be labeled as sugars. Again not all created equal.

Trying to explain the molecular structure of food to most people is a lost cause.

They're worried about eating fat and getting fat and how carb sensitive they are.
 ::) ::)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 02:48:05 PM »
Compare how?  Taste?  Cooking?

Coconut oil is all organic and virgin. Virgin is a bullshit marketing term anyway.

From what I've read, there's virgin and RBD processed (refined, bleached and deodorized) coconut oil. The second one has a more neutral taste and is less nutrient rich, but not less healthy than the virgin oil.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 05:11:31 PM »
From what I've read, there's virgin and RBD processed (refined, bleached and deodorized) coconut oil. The second one has a more neutral taste and is less nutrient rich, but not less healthy than the virgin oil.

Any double blind peer reviewed studies?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 03:13:35 AM »
Any double blind peer reviewed studies?

I don't know about the setup details from those studies, but from what I've read in this article is that the first study on virgin oil was published in 2008. Haven't read it myself, but I stick to the virgin oil.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 03:51:00 AM »
From your article:

One of the misconceptions propagated on the Internet is that only virgin coconut oils are healthy, while refined coconut oils are not, and that they actually might be harmful. This is generally untrue, with a couple of exceptions that I will explain below. These RBD coconut oils have been in the market for many years now, and are the primary dietary oils consumed by billions of people in tropical climates around the world. The RBD refining process does nothing to alter the fatty acid profile of coconut oil, so all the medium chain fatty acids are kept intact. - See more at: http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/what-type-of-coconut-oil-is-best-how-to-choose-a-coconut-oil/#sthash.EJhtwMgc.dpuf

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 04:04:57 AM »
From your article:

One of the misconceptions propagated on the Internet is that only virgin coconut oils are healthy, while refined coconut oils are not, and that they actually might be harmful. This is generally untrue, with a couple of exceptions that I will explain below. These RBD coconut oils have been in the market for many years now, and are the primary dietary oils consumed by billions of people in tropical climates around the world. The RBD refining process does nothing to alter the fatty acid profile of coconut oil, so all the medium chain fatty acids are kept intact. - See more at: http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/what-type-of-coconut-oil-is-best-how-to-choose-a-coconut-oil/#sthash.EJhtwMgc.dpuf

That's a good point. Based on another non-scientific article I was assuming that all MCTs in refined coconut oils were gone due the process.
I think it's literally a matter of taste, I love the subtle scent of coconut.