Author Topic: Long Time Getbig Member Question  (Read 11453 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Long Time Getbig Member Question
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2015, 04:02:19 PM »
That depends on whether or not someone likes online forums. This place really has it all for me.

You can find info about anything on Getbig, or you can just sit back and watch the craziness unfold from a distance.

I have gone through changes on this forum, that  have been shared with 1,000's of people over the years. I have also met a diverse cast of characters that I enjoy communicating with on a daily basis.

It may sound corny, but Getbig is a part of my life, and I do not regret it one bit.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2015, 05:51:41 PM »
Absolutely. Just go to MD, RX, BB.com etc. and compare. This is cornucopia of random entertainment and insanity.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2015, 06:00:09 PM »
Don't like your kind? What do you mean by this?

"1"

He's black so it's being bothering him since the 90s. He feels he's 'hated' yet nobody pays him any mind nor would notice if he's gone. Yet everyone has been nothing but welcoming!  :P

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2015, 06:32:38 PM »
If today were the first day on Getbig, would you register to become a member?

Probably not, primarily because I'm older and lazier.

Hell, I was lurking and then posting as a "guest" for three years before taking the plunge when registering became a requirement to post.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2015, 06:49:11 PM »
I am not sure. There are a lot of cool people MIA.

Carlton G. Long

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2015, 06:51:07 PM »
The only issue I have with this site is that there are way too many gimmicks.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2015, 07:33:49 PM »
Of course I would.  This place is like nowhere else on the internet.  Still my favorite website after all these years.

Onezy

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2015, 07:34:19 PM »
The only issue I have with this site is that there are way too many gimmicks.

I agree, it's a shame.

Lets post up some selfies with our usernames in view, so we can dismiss the gimmicks.

Do you want to start a thread?

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2015, 07:36:45 PM »
Getbig keeps it real. Interesting and funny posters on here too.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2015, 08:18:16 PM »
He's black so it's being bothering him since the 90s. He feels he's 'hated' yet nobody pays him any mind nor would notice if he's gone. Yet everyone has been nothing but welcoming!  :P

Welcoming? oh brother ::)

I've got many pms over the years of people wishing I was dead because I was a Hebrew. The mods and your kind say I'm whining but several other Hebrews including pros have the same opinion as me.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2015, 08:25:38 PM »

I've got many pms over the years of people wishing I was dead because I was a Hebrew. The mods and your kind say I'm whining but several other Hebrews including pros have the same opinion as me.

C'mon bro, no sane person hates you just for being black.  ::)

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2015, 09:41:26 PM »

You're not a 'Hebrew', you're Black. But you're ok. Got nothing against you or your skin colour.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2015, 09:48:45 PM »
If today were the first day on Getbig, would you register to become a member?

I would.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2015, 09:50:07 PM »
Not sure if I count as long time member.

But no, I wouldn't.

What keeps you coming back then?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2015, 09:51:44 PM »
No.
The shizzo and joon eras where everything had to be about them absoulutley destroyed this board.

So are you just hanging out in hopes that they will go away?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2015, 09:53:13 PM »
I don't even think I'd lift weights if I had to do it over, I'd run or think or something useful
It's never too late to change your life.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2015, 09:56:43 PM »
What the hell is a long term member, princess??  >:( ?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2015, 10:00:07 PM »
I agree, it's a shame.

Lets post up some selfies with our usernames in view, so we can dismiss the gimmicks.

Do you want to start a thread?

No more selfies from me. All most folks did was comment on the color of my underwear....as if wearing orange underwear means you gay, really how stupid is that? And then there are those photoshops which have me hanging out with people I've never met. Anyway, I have no gimmicks.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2015, 10:02:10 PM »

That is definitely unfortunate. Not everyone feels that way, trust me.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2015, 11:16:12 PM »
C'mon bro, no sane person hates you just for being black.  ::)

Ahh, poor, poor fella.

"No-BODY knows ..."

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2015, 07:42:31 AM »

With regards to Princess L's thread "Would you register, if this was your first day on Getbig"...here is my view on the subject for what it's worth....you may share this if you wish.

I have been on various bodybuilding forums as well as poker forums on and off for approximately 15 years or so and I have yet to come across a forum quite like Getbig......I think it is very special and unique forum (or at least it used to be in my view anyway) for the following reasons.

The main reason I feel it is special is because historically the forum has never really been very heavily moderated. You can get away with saying so much here that you wouldn't be able to get away in other forums or media outlets.

Now also as human beings we all have our internal thoughts and views which we don't always share in public or real life situations because of social standards of etiquette and the repercussions of potentially expressing offensive views (or perceived to be offensive points of view) for fear of ridicule, embarrassment, harassment, or repercussions with the law....yet these internal thoughts that we all have still remain with us and exist in our minds often pent up subconsciously.

When a forum such as this allows posters to express those various points of view (their true internal thoughts) it leads to a toxic yet highly addictive brew of banter, offense caused and received and creates controversy. It somehow makes us think "yep....wow there are people who actually have or share those same internal thoughts as me"....OR "God, I can't believe there are people who actually think like that"......it makes you think about things in a different way and give release to your sub-conscience.....this is why I often refer to Getbig as my "online shrink" or my "online punch bag"...

Let me give you an example of what I mean and please take this with a pinch of salt.

How many times do people claim "I am not a racist" yet walk across the road and see a black man or someone different from them which for whatever reason they don't like and think to themselves "stupid fucking "n-g 66er".......or generally something offensive......and then think to themselves "Jeez, I can't believe I just thought that in my head"......yet 99% of people would never actually say that to the person in real life for fear of repercussions.

How many times have you thought to yourself standing in line for a burger in front of a fat person and thought "Gosh this fucking guy is so fucking obese and disgusting I want to punch his face in why can't he lose weight and why is he such a pig?".......yet would never actually say those words to the dude in question!

Or say you are driving and some old person is slowing you down on the highway and you think "Jeez I hope this old cu nt dies, so he doesn't clog up the roads"....yet you are perfectly polite and pleasant to their face.

As you can see the subconscious is not so easily tamed.

What you get on Getbig is a collective of all these subconscious thoughts given a voice to express themselves and you get true freedom of speech, something that actually doesn't exist in real life.

This attracts many interesting and bizarre characters to this place which is what makes it so exciting.

Now as soon as you start being heavy handed with moderating peoples internal thoughts you essentially fuck of the whole beautiful essence of what Getbig is all about in my humble opinion and it then unfortunately just becomes another boring bored.

Yes of course some rules need to exist, for example outing of personal info and various other legal obligations.

But once we start down the road of segregation or internal politics about who we like or don't like as posters and try to exclude them or try to control subject matters which they wish to post on, you lose the essence and beauty of what makes this place great in the first place.

In my opinion EVERYONE should be able to post here so long as no major rule breaks happen.  

This place is wonderful when you have guys like Bigmc, Josh, Alex, BigCyp, Joon, Shizzo, UK Jeff, Booty, ES FITNESS and Gal and other guys all posting at the same time and left to post what they want in peace without moderators constantly moving and deleting threads or banning people because they are trying to turn Getbig into something more acceptable to the industry......to me that is selling out and losing the magic of this place.

Some posters often express it is because such and such poster that this place has gone to shit etc....blah blah blah.....nothing could be from the truth.

The reason in my opinion the big names have left (including Bigmc) is because this place has become boring due to heavy moderation and without letting edgy of exciting threads get a bit of continuity.

That a real shame as far as I am concerned.
[/b]
:

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2015, 07:49:32 AM »
NO

I check on getbig every couple months on a whim...no desire to come back honestly

its not you getbig...its me  ;)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2015, 07:52:24 AM »
Answer ...YES. why....bla bla bla .... ::)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2015, 08:08:44 AM »
With regards to what Junior had shared with us below:

This place is wonderful when you have guys like Bigmc, Josh, Alex, BigCyp, Joon, Shizzo, UK Jeff, Booty, ES FITNESS and Gal and other guys all posting at the same time and left to post what they want in peace without moderators constantly moving and deleting threads or banning people because they are trying to turn Getbig into something more acceptable to the industry......to me that is selling out and losing the magic of this place.

Some posters often express it is because such and such poster that this place has gone to shit etc....blah blah blah.....nothing could be from the truth.

The reason in my opinion the big names have left (including Bigmc) is because this place has become boring due to heavy moderation and without letting edgy of exciting threads get a bit of continuity.

That a real shame as far as I am concerned.

I am going to be honest here. With the exception of about 1-maybe-2 people mentioned in Junior's short list, those names you mentioned up top aren't "big names".

Big names come in the likes of 240, True Adonis, as well as a few others. The UK crowd are their own worst enemies.

bigmc hated Junior for so long (he can tell Junior himself) and did everything in his power to have Junior eradicated from this forum (ask bigmc and any other moderator), yet now you two guys are sleeping under the same roof (talk about irony).

The same can be said regarding bigmc vs ukjeff & ukjeff vs Junior. You guys (UK crowd) are backstabbing of each other and others on the forum. Plain and simple, you guys can't be trusted. You go back on every single word you give us. Just like the UK sub-forum failed, it was a result of infighting and an inability for you guys to get your shit together.

As per Junior, Bigmc is filling Junior's head with crazy ideas about me running the Foozle account. I can very easily point out who the 2 people behind that account were (namely bigmc and a friend of his, that friend can comment if he pleases).

Again, we don't care if people post here and we let the vast majority of things go. But we won't cater to people that expose others (a few of those guys you mentioned are guilty of that) and stalk women (a few of those guys are also guilty of this).

Ultimately, this is Ron's forum. The rest of the moderators and I help him enforce the rules. Every single moderator on this site that is part of the moderator forum has voted strongly against Junior's presence here (including bigmc's best friends). Junior doesn't seem to understand that. This last time they removed Junior, it had nothing to do with me. I cleaned my hands of pretending to moderate his actions. I didn't even ban his account. Ask Princess L, she can tell Junior that I took a backseat to the shenanigans.

Before those "big names" you suggested were here, there were other "big names". After those big names leave, there will be other big names.

Example...

Junior was one of Groink's biggest fans, even campaigned strongly for his being made a moderator here. I never had any problems with his presence or posting style. I thought he was a nice enough fellow.

Today, a few weeks after the "death" stunt and his supposed scam whereby he stole money from WalterWhite, none of the members wants him here and are unilaterally asking for an account deletion..

You reap what you sow..

As far as those names you mentioned,

If bigmc has left, it's because he felt like leaving. bigmc can post here whenever he wants. No one is stopping him.

Josh, as far as I am concerned, is a good guy that often times requests (by his own hand) a break from the forum as to not lose his cool.

Alex had his run ins with many members (particularly females) and because of which has been removed. I tried to bring him back, but not everyone is on the same page with that.

Bigcyp can post here whenever he likes, but he is trying to get into medical school, which in itself is a full time endeavor.

Shizzo posts here daily and loves the place. He is even a moderator now.

Ukjeff can post here whenever he likes.

Booty posts everyday.

ESFitness can do the same.

Gal left due to his legal troubles.

"1"

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2015, 08:14:59 AM »
With regards to what Junior had shared with us below:

I am going to be honest here. With the exception of about 1-maybe-2 people mentioned in Junior's short list, those names you mentioned up top aren't "big names".

Big names come in the likes of 240, True Adonis, as well as a few others. The UK crowd are their own worst enemies.

bigmc hated Junior for so long (he can tell Junior himself) and did everything in his power to have Junior eradicated from this forum (ask bigmc and any other moderator), yet now you two guys are sleeping under the same roof (talk about irony).

The same can be said regarding bigmc vs ukjeff & ukjeff vs Junior. You guys (UK crowd) are backstabbing of each other and others on the forum. Plain and simple, you guys can't be trusted. You go back on every single word you give us. Just like the UK sub-forum failed, it was a result of infighting and an inability for you guys to get your shit together.

As per Junior, Bigmc is filling Junior's head with crazy ideas about me running the Foozle account. I can very easily point out who the 2 people behind that account were (namely bigmc and a friend of his, that friend can comment if he pleases).

Again, we don't care if people post here and we let the vast majority of things go. But we won't cater to people that expose others (a few of those guys you mentioned are guilty of that) and stalk women (a few of those guys are also guilty of this).

Ultimately, this is Ron's forum. The rest of the moderators and I help him enforce the rules. Every single moderator on this site that is part of the moderator forum has voted strongly against Junior's presence here (including bigmc's best friends). Junior doesn't seem to understand that. This last time they removed Junior, it had nothing to do with me. I cleaned my hands of pretending to moderate his actions. I didn't even ban his account. Ask Princess L, she can tell Junior that I took a backseat to the shenanigans.

Before those "big names" you suggested were here, there were other "big names". After those big names leave, there will be other big names.

Example...

Junior was one of Groink's biggest fans, even campaigned strongly for his being made a moderator here. I never had any problems with his presence or posting style. I thought he was a nice enough fellow.

Today, a few weeks after the "death" stunt and his supposed scam whereby he stole money from WalterWhite, none of the members wants him here and are unilaterally asking for an account deletion..

You reap what you sow..

As far as those names you mentioned,

If bigmc has left, it's because he felt like leaving. bigmc can post here whenever he wants. No one is stopping him.

Josh, as far as I am concerned, is a good guy that often times requests (by his own hand) a break from the forum as to not lose his cool.

Alex had his run ins with many members (particularly females) and because of which has been removed. I tried to bring him back, but not everyone is on the same page with that.

Bigcyp can post here whenever he likes, but he is trying to get into medical school, which in itself is a full time endeavor.

Shizzo posts here daily and loves the place. He is even a moderator now.

Ukjeff can post here whenever he likes.

Booty posts everyday.

ESFitness can do the same.

Gal left due to his legal troubles.

"1"
the truth