Author Topic: Pope Francis: Big Bang and evolution are real.  (Read 118859 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Pope Francis: Big Bang and evolution are real.
« Reply #550 on: June 14, 2015, 04:07:32 PM »
People have to understand life is meaningless...death is the end for everyone..Even conqueror's die like dogs, who's going to remember Alexander the Great in 500,000 years?...Our lives are without any meaning and the signs are all around us....We can travel around our blue marble in 3 days, 1/2 if you use military technology.Earth is one quintillionth the size of the largest star in the known universe....Average people are forgotten completely 50 years after their death... etc etc

Just accept it, Biblical fairy tales will only make you feel better, nothing else..  :-\ :'( ;)

Hey David.
You know.. back when I was about 6 years old, I thought the same thing.
I can remember looking at people walking out from church and thinking to myself...

"It is so obvious that God is a lie, and that these people are just going to church because they are scared of death"

That's what I thought when I was about 6 years old.

But then one day when I was about 20 years old, I was taking a philosophy course in college, and a weight from Heaven came down and smacked me upside my head: For every effect, there is a cause! Things happen for a reason. This is basic science. So, it follows that there is a cause for the universe. There is a cause for existence! What is that cause? Only one thing can possibly be the ultimate cause of everything: God! (the only eternal, uncaused, CREATOR).

And then it was a long journey of obsessive, passionate, reckless devotion to searching out who God is. Because I adamantly rejected Jesus, and because I knew in my inner most being that all other religions were false, I tried to find God on my own. And it took me down some very dark paths, and I met many demons along the way. But, eventually, God had mercy on me and touched my life in a supernatural way and proved Himself to me.

So, these days, I do not only have "faith", I know that I know that I know that Jesus is God and that His Word is true.
 :)

Now, for you, you will never believe. You will never, ever, ever believe in Jesus Christ and The Holy Bible.

That is, you will never believe unless at some point you becoming willing to surrender your entire life over to Him, and then pursue Him with all your heart and keep on pursuing until He has mercy on you and reveals Himself to you.

You see, God created us, and gave His only Son for us, and yet we wage war against Him on a daily basis. We all deserve to be destroyed in eternal hell fire. 

So God is not going to come down and let you grab Him by the balls and jerk him around, slap Him in the face, spit all over Him, and curse His name. He already created you, gave you everything you have, and died on the cross for you too. Its up to you now whether you accept His infinite love and mercy, or die in your sins and experience the most unimaginable torment for all of eternity.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #551 on: June 14, 2015, 04:34:02 PM »
Hey David.
I can remember looking at people walking out from church and thinking to myself...

"It is so obvious that God is a lie, and that these people are just going to church because they are scared of death"

But then one day when I was about 20 years old, I was taking a philosophy course in college, and a weight from Heaven came down and smacked me upside my head: For every effect, there is a cause! Things happen for a reason. This is basic science. So, it follows that there is a cause for the universe. There is a cause for existence! What is that cause? Only one thing can possibly be the ultimate cause of everything: God! (the only eternal, uncaused, CREATOR).

And then it was a long journey of obsessive, passionate, reckless devotion to searching out who God is. Because I adamantly rejected Jesus, and because I knew in my inner most being that all other religions were false, I tried to find God on my own. And it took me down some very dark paths, and I met many demons along the way. But, eventually, God had mercy on me and touched my life in a supernatural way and proved Himself to me.

So, these days, I do not only have "faith", I know that I know that I know that Jesus is God and that His Word is true.

Now, for you, you will never believe. You will never, ever, ever believe in Jesus Christ and The Holy Bible.

That is, you will never believe unless at some point you becoming willing to surrender your entire life over to Him, and then pursue Him with all your heart and keep on pursuing until He has mercy on you and reveals Himself to you.

You see, God created us, and gave His only Son for us, and yet we wage war against Him on a daily basis. We all deserve to be destroyed in eternal hell fire. 

So God is not going to come down and let you grab Him by the balls and jerk him around, slap Him in the face, spit all over Him, and curse His name. He already created you, gave you everything you have, and died on the cross for you too. Its up to you now whether you accept His infinite love and mercy, or die in your sins and experience the most unimaginable torment for all of eternity.

Eh, not really. Just loaned him out for thirty-some years before snatching him back.

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #552 on: June 14, 2015, 05:05:35 PM »
Hey David.

Such a small, meaningless crust of land in the middle of many many galaxies billions of times the size of earth...Why anyone would think someone would be watching over it with a smile on their face while these beings destroy the land and negatively affect the environment is beyond me..We are the ones who created time..We are also the ones who created the bible..You believe what you believe because that is what is closest and most true to you..Yes i b elieve that it is some type of comfort zone but i am entitled to my own opinion as you are to yours...

Makes me think of terrorists as an extreme example to why people need to believe for themselves based on logic and not on emotion even though emotion is not a weakness...Terrorists are not born wanting to be suicide bombers and to blow things up..it's the version of the bible that THEY ARE GIVEN and the version of the bible THEY READ that says that is the right thing to do..So they know no better..For someone else to judge them based on their beliefs, but to have such an unrealistic happening of occurences be believed in your mind something like the holy bible is extremely hypocritical IMO...Many many smart people have been born and died throughout this world over the years..MANY MANY MANY smart people and the common theme they all have in common is that they usually don't believe in god..People like hawking, Einstein etc believe there is no god..And they're widely looked upon for all of their other theories and known as the smartest people of all time..But with a touchy subject like religion...The average shmo suddenly knows more than them? I think not... Who knows though?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #553 on: June 15, 2015, 04:26:29 AM »
Hey David.

so your logic is everything needs a cause, expect the original cause, there is a cause for everything expect that which needs no cause?

you are violating your principle, if you can violate everything needs a cause why can't I?

Quite the deal, Imagine you have a kid, you say to that kid, look at everything I gave you, here is how I want you to live and if you do not you are will burn in hell, makes perfect sense, true love!!! I bought you a bike but don't ride it, you willl cause everyone to potentially burn in hell, makes sense dad, thanks!!!

virtual particles pop in and out of existence all the time, cause is not required, hence you argument doesn't make sense in reality, not everything needs a cause, your brain is adding that pattern.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #554 on: June 15, 2015, 07:40:00 AM »

Damn. You were thinking all this when you were six years old? I was thinking about Transformers and GI*Joe!

So you were thinking all those deep thoughts at 6 and then at 20 you were taking philosophy and thinking the above garbage? What happened between six and twenty? Did you suffer a traumatic brain injury?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #555 on: June 15, 2015, 10:11:18 AM »
Damn. You were thinking all this when you were six years old? I was thinking about Transformers and GI*Joe!

So you were thinking all those deep thoughts at 6 and then at 20 you were taking philosophy and thinking the above garbage? What happened between six and twenty? Did you suffer a traumatic brain injury?

at that rate, at 40 he'll be gurgling baby talk

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #556 on: June 15, 2015, 11:43:53 AM »
at that rate, at 40 he'll be gurgling baby talk

Benjamin fucking Button.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #557 on: June 15, 2015, 02:54:00 PM »

so your logic is everything needs a cause, expect the original cause, there is a cause for everything expect that which needs no cause?

you are violating your principle, if you can violate everything needs a cause why can't I?

Quite the deal, Imagine you have a kid, you say to that kid, look at everything I gave you, here is how I want you to live and if you do not you are will burn in hell, makes perfect sense, true love!!! I bought you a bike but don't ride it, you willl cause everyone to potentially burn in hell, makes sense dad, thanks!!!

virtual particles pop in and out of existence all the time, cause is not required, hence you argument doesn't make sense in reality, not everything needs a cause, your brain is adding that pattern.

No, not everything needs a cause, but only things that have a beginning. God is eternal. That is the definition of God. God does not need a cause because God did not have a beginning.

God will not send good people to hell. Hell is not for good people. Hell is for bad people.

Virtual Particles?

"...In this chapter, Krauss gives evidence for entities called virtual particles. They are called virtual because they have never been directly observed due to their fleeting lifetimes (less than Planck time). However, the existence of virtual particles is allowed by quantum mechanics, from the uncertainty principle. There is indirect evidence for their existence. The calculated energy levels associated with the orbitals of hydrogen differ slightly from experimental measurement. However, if a virtual particle pair is assumed to be located around the hydrogen nucleus, the calculated energy levels match experiment exactly. They are believed to convey the strong force between quarks in protons and neutrons. Virtual particles are usually invoked in strong fields (electromagnetic, gravitational). Hawking radiation, predicted to be a mechanism by which black holes could ‘evaporate’, depends on the existence of virtual particles, but has not been observed so far. Krauss says a universe where the total mass/energy is balanced by the potential gravitational energy has zero net energy and so could pop into existence from nothing without violation of the first law. Such a universe should, however, collapse and disappear in periods shorter than the Planck time unless inflation allows it to exist beyond the Planck time. Krauss also says that this proves you can get something from nothing given the energetics of empty space and the law of gravity. So he says you can get a universe from nothing if you can start with empty space with nonzero energy and the laws of gravity and quantum mechanics. He admits empty space with nonzero energy is something! A quantum theory of gravity would mean quantum mechanics applies to space, not just to objects in space. Then we could say that spacetimes pop in and out of nothing if the total energy is zero. But we don’t yet have a quantum theory of gravity. Krauss concedes that this spec­ulation does not prove our universe arose from nothing, but says it makes such a scenario more plausible. And plausibility is apparently all he needs to justify rejection of God. So much for basing his worldview on hard, cold facts alone. The energy calculated for empty space assuming virtual particles is (10 to the 120th power) times greater than that observed. This is a longstanding unsolved problem."

Those thoughts are not deep. They are the thoughts of a self-willed person who lives for their own desires, who refuses to believe in a God who demands obedience. They are the thoughts of an infant child with a reprobate mind.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #558 on: June 15, 2015, 03:42:04 PM »
No, not everything needs a cause, but only things that have a beginning. God is eternal. That is the definition of God. God does not need a cause because God did not have a beginning.

God will not send good people to hell. Hell is not for good people. Hell is for bad people.

Virtual Particles?

"...In this chapter, Krauss gives evidence for entities called virtual particles. They are called virtual because they have never been directly observed due to their fleeting lifetimes (less than Planck time). However, the existence of virtual particles is allowed by quantum mechanics, from the uncertainty principle. There is indirect evidence for their existence. The calculated energy levels associated with the orbitals of hydrogen differ slightly from experimental measurement. However, if a virtual particle pair is assumed to be located around the hydrogen nucleus, the calculated energy levels match experiment exactly. They are believed to convey the strong force between quarks in protons and neutrons. Virtual particles are usually invoked in strong fields (electromagnetic, gravitational). Hawking radiation, predicted to be a mechanism by which black holes could ‘evaporate’, depends on the existence of virtual particles, but has not been observed so far. Krauss says a universe where the total mass/energy is balanced by the potential gravitational energy has zero net energy and so could pop into existence from nothing without violation of the first law. Such a universe should, however, collapse and disappear in periods shorter than the Planck time unless inflation allows it to exist beyond the Planck time. Krauss also says that this proves you can get something from nothing given the energetics of empty space and the law of gravity. So he says you can get a universe from nothing if you can start with empty space with nonzero energy and the laws of gravity and quantum mechanics. He admits empty space with nonzero energy is something! A quantum theory of gravity would mean quantum mechanics applies to space, not just to objects in space. Then we could say that spacetimes pop in and out of nothing if the total energy is zero. But we don’t yet have a quantum theory of gravity. Krauss concedes that this spec­ulation does not prove our universe arose from nothing, but says it makes such a scenario more plausible. And plausibility is apparently all he needs to justify rejection of God. So much for basing his worldview on hard, cold facts alone. The energy calculated for empty space assuming virtual particles is (10 to the 120th power) times greater than that observed. This is a longstanding unsolved problem."

Those thoughts are not deep. They are the thoughts of a self-willed person who lives for their own desires, who refuses to believe in a God who demands obedience. They are the thoughts of an infant child with a reprobate mind.

Not according to scripture, unless you wanna fuck with the definition of "good." Non-believer can live like a perfect saint, but he's guaranteed eternal torture. You know this. Bad people, on the other hand, just gotta be gullible to reach heaven.

Odd rules, don't you think?

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #559 on: June 15, 2015, 06:13:06 PM »

PROVIDE INDISPUTABLE, LOGICAL, OBJECTIVE PROOF FOR YOUR ASSERTIONS. DEFINE THE ENTITY YOU TERM GOD IN A WAY THAT ALLOWS US TO DISTINGUISH IT FROM A POTATO OR YOUR HOT PINK 16" MOTORIZED DILDO. YOU MAY NOT QUOTE THE BOOK THAT IS SUPPOSEDLY INSPIRED BY THE ENTITY THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO PROVE, AS THAT WOULD BE CIRCULAR REASONING.

Did God not explicitly and knowingly harden some people's hearts so that they would not be saved and, thus, go to Hell?

Virtual Particles?

"..."

More copy-pasting from the people at creation.com. What qualifications does Daniel W. Reynolds have? Does he have a degree in physics? Does he understand the basics of quantum mechanics? Does he have specific criticisms against quantum mechanics that can demonstrate the existing theories are wrong or produce incorrect results?

Sure... whatever floats your boat. ::)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #560 on: June 16, 2015, 04:53:59 AM »

Virtual Particles?

So god is the only possible eternal thing? the universe itself cannot be?