Author Topic: how do divorced men deal with another man living in the home they bought?  (Read 5680 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
how is it in CALIFORNIA,law wise?! if a husband earns 1 million a year and a wife is home taking care of the children,then even if wife cheats the husband she gets 50% of all earnings during their marriage aka 500k a year?! arnold lost 50% cause the law in california is 50/50 split

California is a community property state.

California law defines community property as any asset acquired or income earned by a married person while living with a spouse. Separate property is defined as anything acquired by a spouse before the marriage, during the marriage by gift, devise, or bequest, and after the parties separate.

Keep in mind that this works two ways. If your former wife was the major wage earner and therefore bought most of the community property, you are entitled to have of it in a divorce.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Would test the sanity of most men if guess. House is in my name only and Me and gf are not married and never will so guess I'd be ok, if not I'd rather burn the fucker down than allow another man to live in it.

You've apparently never heard about common law marriage. Would you also rather live in a jail cell for burning the house down? That's what would happen if your common law wife was awarded the house and you burned it down. Fortunately, you only have to worry about common law marriage in  states where it is legal and binding. Common-law marriage in the United States can still be contracted in nine states (Alabama, Colorado, Kansas, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Iowa, Montana, Utah and the District of Columbia.

Henda

• Getbig V
You've apparently never heard about common law marriage. Would you also rather live in a jail cell for burning the house down? That's what would happen if your common law wife was awarded the house and you burned it down. Fortunately, you only have to worry about common law marriage in  states where it is legal and binding. Common-law marriage in the United States can still be contracted in nine states (Alabama, Colorado, Kansas, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Iowa, Montana, Utah and the District of Columbia.

I'm in u.k so unsure if we have that common law shit, and yes I'd happily sit in a prison cell than see another man live in my house we have a lot lighter sentences than you Americans and it would be worth every day served

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
You've apparently never heard about common law marriage. Would you also rather live in a jail cell for burning the house down? That's what would happen if your common law wife was awarded the house and you burned it down. Fortunately, you only have to worry about common law marriage in  states where it is legal and binding. Common-law marriage in the United States can still be contracted in nine states (Alabama, Colorado, Kansas, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Iowa, Montana, Utah and the District of Columbia.

I'm in u.k so unsure if we have that common law shit, and yes I'd happily sit in a prison cell than see another man live in my house we have a lot lighter sentences than you Americans and it would be worth every day served

Common law marriage is when the couple represents themselves as man and wife to others.  Say you held a party and told all your friends that you were married in God's eye...Well legally you are as well.
Or...you go on a cruise or outing intended for married couples and when you registered for the event, you are representing yourselves as married...and so you are.

Onezy

Why would anyone care?? I dont understand the question.. If you divorced her - then you dont want her and who would give a shit what she does? If you give up or lose the house in the divorce then its gone - and of course no one likes to lose an investment... BUT - she is gone too!! So you look at it as the cost of peace of mind... I couldn't give a shit if the Harlem Globetrotters moved in with her. As long as your kids are not subjected to anything harmful - who cares? If you have no kids then the question doesn't even make sense.

Talking from experience are we, cum dump mother of peace.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Common law marriage is when the couple represents themselves as man and wife to others.  Say you held a party and told all your friends that you were married in God's eye...Well legally you are as well.
Or...you go on a cruise or outing intended for married couples and when you registered for the event, you are representing yourselves as married...and so you are.

This is true. Of course there are times when it is an advantage to be able to prove you were in a common law marriage with someone. For example, it that person dies you may have no claim to their assets. Also only relatives, either by marriage or birth are allowed to take part in health decisions of a gravely ill person who is not able to make those decisions themselves.

Incubi

• Getbig II
  • Levrone Approved!

Don't for get about common law in Texas/Tejas, the so called great lone star state, and insurance pays for burned down homes. It's child support that kicks a man in the long run, not loosing a house or an ex. I don't think common law qualifies for Alimony spousal payments.

ritch

• Getbig V
just go find some other woman who was left the same. No big deal.
?

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
Sorry I dont feel bad for guys getting divorced now, fuk em, they knew the risks, they all saw the signs but decided that he too must show off what he can do

fuck them all, especially the ones that when they got married started pushing everyone they knew to get married as well

looking forward to reading more hellish nasty stories on how men are getting fucked real good in their divorce, all guys going thru nasty divorces now KNEW in their gut not to proceed

fuck em, did I say that already?

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
Talking from experience are we, cum dump mother of peace.

Lol.  No - but wouldn't bother me. I can't understand guys getting all freaked out to see an ex with someone. In my experience the faster they can get another mam the faster they leave me alone.  I am happily married but if my wife lost her mind and left I would just be happily single. You can never allow anyone else to dictate your happiness.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Sorry I dont feel bad for guys getting divorced now, fuk em, they knew the risks, they all saw the signs but decided that he too must show off what he can do

fuck them all, especially the ones that when they got married started pushing everyone they knew to get married as well

looking forward to reading more hellish nasty stories on how men are getting fucked real good in their divorce, all guys going thru nasty divorces now KNEW in their gut not to proceed

fuck em, did I say that already?

From my contact with friends and family, most men who get married are ignorant of the pitfalls of divorce.  Even if they are aware, they always think it will NEVER happen to them.  They learn about the horrors of marriage (a legally binding financial document) afterward, but by then it's too late. 

People are often their own worst enemy.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Ask Howard or the coach  ;D

1. I never had kids with any wife, so that changes things big time if you get divorced.

2. I didn't own any home during my younger years with the 1st 2 wives. My 3rd wife and I bought  townhouse and both contributed to the monthly bills EQUALLY. I let her have the better car and she agreed to move out since she wanted to live closer to work anyway.

3. The real key is to enter into marriage as equal partners and treat each other with dignity and respect should divorce happen.

4. I never cheated on any wife. If I wanted to screw other woman, I wouldn't get married to one.

Believe it or not the biggest hassle was when we had to convert the car financing to separate names since neither one was paid off.

If your wife doesn't work, you set up a dependent situation.

5. UNLESS you really wants kids, OR desire an equal life partner, DON'T GET MARRIED .

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
Doesn't have to be that way.

I owned a house with my ex (no kids). I paid the deposit (20%) had the deeds drafted so when we sell I get my deposit back and the rest is shared 50/50.

The day we broke up I waited for my money as she remortgaged to buy me out..., she couldn't do that as she didn't earn enough so the house was sold. I wasn't gona budge on what's mine....stupid investments and giving people free rides is not something I'm known for. She can keep the house and fuck half of London for all I care, as long that I'm not financially impacted, my mum always taught me to let other boys play with my used and unwanted toys...this is how I see ex's.
S

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
1. I never had kids with any wife, so that changes things big time if you get divorced.

2. I didn't own any home during my younger years with the 1st 2 wives. My 3rd wife and I bought  townhouse and both contributed to the monthly bills EQUALLY. I let her have the better car and she agreed to move out since she wanted to live closer to work anyway.

3. The real key is to enter into marriage as equal partners and treat each other with dignity and respect should divorce happen.

4. I never cheated on any wife. If I wanted to screw other woman, I wouldn't get married to one.

Believe it or not the biggest hassle was when we had to convert the car financing to separate names since neither one was paid off.

5. UNLESS you really wants kids, OR desire an equal life partner, DON'T GET MARRIED .

Equal partner of what?... your money and assets?  ???

Just think how much more you would have if you never got married.

The bottom line is... marriage is a raw deal for men, but it's great for women.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
You guys are forgetting the most important thing. Lots of women get fat after getting married. Unacceptable.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

2. I didn't own any home during my younger years with the 1st 2 wives. My 3rd wife and I bought  townhouse and both contributed to the monthly bills EQUALLY. I let her have the better car and she agreed to move out since she wanted to live closer to work anyway.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Your ex wife gets the huge house, you move back with your parents, she moves some guy in who fucks her in the bed you bought, tans in your garden, puts his feet up on your chair watching your 60inch TV.How do these divorced men cope?Surely the anger must seep out of every pore.Or are they so down trodden and beaten that they willingly accept being cucked?I'm amazed situations like OJ don't happen more often.

That's the problem.. a 60in TV for a Getbigger.. no wonder she left you for that other dude... jeez... you had to see that coming