Author Topic: The Pegasus Project  (Read 11128 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
The Pegasus Project
« on: May 20, 2015, 04:23:56 PM »
Meet Davie Meinert, African director, filmmaker and all around kind soul. Meinert rescued a four-week old Great Dane puppy from a backyard breeder. He named the puppy Pegasus. Pegasus was born with a pigment deficiency that often leads to deafness and blindness. Knowing that all the other pups in Pegasus’s litter had either been deformed or died, Meinert didn’t expect a long-term best friend. He just lovingly adopted Pegasus to ensure her comfort and safety:

“Rescuing her was a way for me to be sure she’d be looked after. For me, she had already been born—nothing was going to change that. By rescuing her, at least I could be certain that she wouldn’t be discarded.”

Being a filmmaker and all, Meinert decided to celebrate the healthy days he had with Pegasus by recording her each day. He began a daily video diary, which started small but then began to get bigger and bigger, along with the pup! And now, months later, Pegasus has defied all odds and lives each day happily in the moment.

Watch this tears-of-joy-inducing video of Pegasus growing from pup to full-on dog before our very eyes.

: