Author Topic: Synthol?  (Read 4713 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Synthol?
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2015, 08:23:59 PM »
On avg how much synthol do you think the usual pro ifbb injects into each arm?

The fact that this is an actual issue proves that their are few enforced rules governing pro BB.
EVERY pro sport has guys trying anything to gain an edge. Look at the recent "deflate-gate" with Brady and the Pats.
The difference is the other sports actually do something to enforce the rules and the fans hate cheaters.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2015, 08:24:22 PM »
If HGH and insulin, etc. were the nails, this is the dirt that covered the coffin.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2015, 08:31:41 PM »
If HGH and insulin, etc. were nails in the coffin, this is the dirt that buried the casket.

If the IFBB ran the NFL, guys would have horns on their helmets and use chainsaws while running down on the kick off team. ;D

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2015, 08:08:43 AM »

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
  • All the muscle in the world!
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2015, 08:29:30 AM »
No F'in way dude!  That bro is as natural as the day he was born.  Greg Valentino told me so.  ::)
I

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2015, 08:42:47 AM »
I don't imagine that any pros use it. It doesn't work in making any body part larger, even less effective than steroids.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2015, 09:47:41 AM »
No F'in way dude!  That bro is as natural as the day he was born.  Greg Valentino told me so.  ::)

Those are implants not oil.

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2015, 11:23:27 AM »
No, Really??? His arms looked just as he claims 100% natural to me! ::)
I

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2015, 01:24:54 PM »
this did kind of kill the idea of competing for me. You get into bodybuilding thinking its steroids, then you learn its steroids with human growth hormone, thyroid hormone, insulin, fat burners and diurectics and its like ok this is kind of fucked up  then you learn that on top of all that theres people bringing up lagging bodyparts with synthol . Whats the fucking point might as well get implants if people arent even growing muscle and just inflaming it for a short period of time for the show. May sound crazy but for me that is one step too far.

Big Slice

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2015, 01:44:10 PM »
^^this i had to draw the line with synthol and slin,not for me.

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2015, 01:47:11 PM »
I'm sure Don Youngblood (and alot of others who are where he is) wish like hell they'd never screwed w/ insulin.
I

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2015, 01:51:51 PM »
this did kind of kill the idea of competing for me. You get into bodybuilding thinking its steroids, then you learn its steroids with human growth hormone, thyroid hormone, insulin, fat burners and diurectics and its like ok this is kind of fucked up  then you learn that on top of all that theres people bringing up lagging bodyparts with synthol . Whats the fucking point might as well get implants if people arent even growing muscle and just inflaming it for a short period of time for the show. May sound crazy but for me that is one step too far.

I agree and think the hardcore culture to use anything and everything to enhance looking bigger and freakier is crazy. Here the only thing I can advise to anyone who feels like this:

1. Since very few  make a living off bodybuilding, forget about the "pro card" as part of your personal BB goals.

2. Compete on your own terms at state/regional/local shows and keep it as a fun hobby. You don't need to isolate yourself in natural organizations to maintain some personal sanity and standards.

3. Have fun attending pro and national events and enjoy bodybuilding for what it actually is, NOT what some of us wish it could be.

Big Slice

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2015, 01:55:16 PM »
I'm sure Don Youngblood (and alot of others who are where he is) wish like hell they'd never screwed w/ insulin.

I'm sure..got a friend that fucked himself up for life.blew up to 300lbs,then would diet down for a show.now he's a diabetic for life.not to mention he had to get tons of loose skin cut off.no more training or much of anything for that matter.  

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2015, 02:14:27 PM »

You don't need oil to compete, that's the good thing. It just ruins everything, it
always looks like shit.

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2015, 02:37:04 PM »
You don't need oil to compete, that's the good thing. It just ruins everything, it
always looks like shit.

Its more the fact that there are people doing it which makes me not want to be involved with it at all. Same as the fitness industry in general with all the lies about being natty etc .Id rather just do it for myself and see what i can achieve as a hobby for fun on just a low to moderate dose of roids.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2015, 02:49:23 PM »
always looks like shit.

I stopped judging 3 yrs ago, but synthol has been used for many years now.
I tended to place a guy lower if he had any obvious oil.
Anything that makes a guy look absurd is a negative in my book.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2015, 02:53:13 PM »
Its more the fact that there are people doing it which makes me not want to be involved with it at all. Same as the fitness industry in general with all the lies about being natty etc .Id rather just do it for myself and see what i can achieve as a hobby for fun on just a low to moderate dose of roids.
Sounds like you have good sense.
BUT, believe it or not a classic physique with crisp definition still does well in most state level shows.
You'd be amazed at how much you  stand out as a 175-190 lbs ripped, well balanced BB in your wt class.
As a former judge it was always refreshing to see a guy like that in the line up.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2015, 05:41:36 PM »
99% of people don't know the difference between real muscle and synthol so why even bother training