Author Topic: what ever happened to steven segal  (Read 13661 times)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Re: what ever happened to steven segal
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2015, 11:04:14 AM »
Segal got so fat he cannot leave his house anymore. Maybe just grease him in with butter and throw a twinkie on his front porch, he made slide through...... :-X

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2015, 11:19:42 AM »
Segal got so fat he cannot leave his house anymore. Maybe just grease him in with butter and throw a twinkie on his front porch, he made slide through...... :-X
Another no idea martial Arts expert ::)

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
  • All the muscle in the world!
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2015, 11:27:56 AM »
Numerous threads about just how F'ed up Segull is.  Him & Piana should do a "high intensity" training video 2gether.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=481583.0

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=332665.0
I

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2015, 11:30:46 AM »
Actually Frank Zane in my opinion was the closest to Zen.

alpha infidel

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2015, 06:38:00 AM »
Steven Segal has recently married Oprah winfrey, she's pregnant and they gonna call the baby Stealin Neegal jnr

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2015, 06:51:50 AM »
steven was an akido master

and movie star from the 80s

has anyone heard anything about him recently  ???

He's in Russia dancing as other Aikido masters tumble around him.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2015, 07:07:21 AM »
I think he's the type that would try to be Japanese in a movie.

He is fluent in Japanese.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2015, 07:28:04 AM »
He is fluent in Japanese.
Trained Japanese in his Dojo and was married to A Japanese woman. Most people do not know the early seagal History. Itīs clear Pellius does and is a Martial Artist. You come from Hawaii? I remember you wrote this i think. Small circle Jui Jitsu and Kempo Karate are from there i believe. Small circle was Wally Jay if i have the name correct?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2015, 07:33:54 AM »
yes this is the Man .. i remember years ago a guy i met was really into his techniques. very effective. I also like Ed Parker.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wally_Jay

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2015, 09:48:57 AM »
yes this is the Man .. i remember years ago a guy i met was really into his techniques. very effective. I also like Ed Parker.

Ed Parker was one badass MF'er.  Love to see him school Segull.

I

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2015, 10:01:28 AM »
Ed Parker was one badass MF'er.  Love to see him school Segull.

Ed Parker Kempo is a great way but donīt forget my Friend the Inner systems are integrated to a degree in hard systems too. Gogju Ryu is a great example or Wado Ryu. Ed Parker also used Chinese Internal thinking and techniques.

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2015, 10:03:28 AM »
I believe I read somewhere he was half Chinese raised in china?  Not sure though.
I

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2015, 10:11:45 AM »
I believe I read somewhere he was half Chinese raised in china?  Not sure though.
I think pellius knows as he comes from that area and Jui Jitsu(Hawaii). I read he grew up in Hawaii and learned from William Chow and developed his Kempo. Elvis was a Dan Grade from him.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2015, 10:25:19 AM »
I think Johnny Bravo's hero, Squint Ringo was based upon the badass known as Segal.

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
I

K A N N I B A L

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2015, 05:00:01 PM »

One watch on each arm?

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2015, 06:17:48 PM »
No, no, no.  He's wearing the extra watch because its set in Louisiana time where he keeps (2) russian chicks chained to the floor.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/blogs/steven-seagal-resigned-rather-than-face-ia-investigation-according-to-sheriff-newell-normand-6499604
I

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2015, 06:22:41 PM »

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2015, 06:48:16 PM »
Pretty much every script for every film he's in, seems like it's been written by a ten year old version of him that's just woke up from an awesome dream.

"and then i'm in a coma...but i wake up and fuck the nurse, then some bad guys come, but i kick the shit out of them, and one runs at me, then i grab him like this, then i do this, and he dies...and then i save this girl that they're all after, and then i fuck her too..."

Fat, narcissistic twat. I hope he never makes another film.

;D
A

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2015, 07:29:34 PM »
I

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2015, 07:30:55 PM »
Pretty much every script for every film he's in, seems like it's been written by a ten year old version of him that's just woke up from an awesome dream.

"and then i'm in a coma...but i wake up and fuck the nurse, then some bad guys come, but i kick the shit out of them, and one runs at me, then i grab him like this, then i do this, and he dies...and then i save this girl that they're all after, and then i fuck her too..."

Fat, narcissistic twat. I hope he never makes another film.

Haha!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2015, 08:21:28 PM »
Trained Japanese in his Dojo and was married to A Japanese woman. Most people do not know the early seagal History. Itīs clear Pellius does and is a Martial Artist. You come from Hawaii? I remember you wrote this i think. Small circle Jui Jitsu and Kempo Karate are from there i believe. Small circle was Wally Jay if i have the name correct?

Because of the huge Japanese population, Japanese Martial Arts, and Martial Arts in general, has always been huge in Hawaii. Right now there are more MMA schools/training facilities per mile than in any other State in the union. Seems like everybody trains on some level.

I first started formal training when I was 8 years old at Aikido of Honolulu (The Waialea Dojo) that was just about a mile away from where I lived. My parents sent me there not because they had any idea of the historic significance of the Dojo by rather a way to channel my aggression. They were horrified when they found a training book I bought for $5 through the mail by Count Dante claiming to teach you the secrets of "Dim Mak". "KILL A MAN WITH ONE STRIKE!" was the headline. Why a boy of 8 would want to learn how to kill another man with one strike was a cause of great concern to them.

The Aikido of Honolulu was the first Dojo dedicated solely to Aikido training outside of the United States. Morihei Ueshiba presided over the grand opening in 1961 and it was his first and only trip outside of the Japan for the purpose of Aikido.

When you walked in it was a beautiful and pristine. Japanese always have a way of turning anything into a work of art. You don't realize how big the facility was from the front because in the back they had a court yard and facilities where the instructor's lived. They were old vets all from Japan and from the WW2 era  and came to Hawaii specifically to teach at that Dojo. And they did not mess around. A lot of smacks on the back of the legs with a bamboo stick when one strayed from the path of virtue. A lot of the training drills were torture like hanging from a wooden beam that was also used for pullups and standing in a horse stance for what seemed like forever. To this day I just despise any type of isometric type training. I never developed that trait to "leave my body and become one with... or master the concept of "Ki' which was always the over riding theme. I would just always feel pain and wishing it would end.

Of course I didn't care about any of that stuff at eight. All that mattered to me and kept my enthusiasm was that my older brother told me Aikido was bad ass and it was taught no where else in the U.S. and when you became a master you could whip eight guys at once. Three in the front, one on each side, and three in the back.

That's all I needed to know and gave me hope and encouraged me when I would walk to the Dojo wearing my gi in the hot sun and people teasing and making fun of me. "Here comes Mr. Karate Boy", "Don't hurt me Karate Boy", "Where's your Black Belt, Karate Boy".

I just sucked it  up and thought of the day when I would grow up and be big enough and skilled enough to whipped their asses.

Aikido of Honolulu

Morihei Ueshiba at the Waialae Dojo, 1961

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2015, 08:34:46 PM »
I think pellius knows as he comes from that area and Jui Jitsu(Hawaii). I read he grew up in Hawaii and learned from William Chow and developed his Kempo. Elvis was a Dan Grade from him.

I remember both Wally Jay and Ed Parker as they were big, big names when I was a kid. Wally Jay was part of the original Bruce Lee crew along with my "Wing Chun Do" instructor James Demile. I started training with Demile when I was 16 and found exactly what I was looking for -- a Dojo where they did full no holds bar sparring where you could actually hit each other. It sounds off today but in those days find a Martials Arts schools that actually allowed you to beat the crap out of each other was quite rare. Also, Demile modified a lot of the tradional Wing Chun equipment like that ridiculous Wing Chun Dummy. Demile put pads around it so you could hit full force without breaking your hands and designed the arms positioned like real arms and were spring loaded so you could practice trapping and the like.

But in there's nothing better in training for fighting than actual fighting. 

James Demile is in the front row first one on the left.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2015, 08:42:17 PM »
That's a built in mag-light type torch on the watch...presumably so that he can still operate his pistol in low light conditions, on a hijacked ship... or illuminate the poster of himself above his bed, when he wants a midnight wank.

Say what you want about Seagal as a Martial Artist but no one in the movies knows how to handle a gun better than he does. Chuck Norris is the only other one that seems to be very familiar with guns and knows how to properly hold, fire and maneuver with it. Chances are that if someone's carry gun is a 1911 then he's a serious gun guy. Seagal always uses a 1911 in his movies. And since movie producers don't know shit about guns it's highly likely that Seagal request and insists on a 1911.

Although you will see him occasionally shooting one handed in his movies for drama's sake most of the time he will adopt the classic Weaver Stance.