Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi...'the best'  (Read 368 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Nancy Pelosi...'the best'
« on: June 16, 2015, 09:06:54 AM »
Donald Trump sent Nancy Pelosi warm wishes when she was sworn in as House Speaker in January 2007, praising her as "the best" in a personal note.

Trump, who’s now mulling a Republican run for president, penned the note on a copy of a New York Times article that chronicled Pelosi's swearing-in, and wrote, "Nancy — you're the best. Congrats. Donald," according to sources familiar with the missive.

Pelosi lost the Speaker's gavel in January, after Republicans retook the House in the midterm elections. Pelosi, plagued with low approval ratings in in many districts, was widely pilloried by Republicans during the congressional races, and she was used as a pivot point for many of the candidates.

Trump, now a registered Republican, is a former independent and former registered Democrat. And the Pelosi note is a reminder that he has a past political history of supporting both sides of the aisle.

Trump confirmed to POLITICO he wrote the note, but said it was "because I want her to do great, and I want this country to be great, and I [didn't] want her to fail as Speaker. And I like her."

“I met her a number of times and I liked her,” he added. “And I really want her and everybody in office to do great. so because of the fact that i met her a number of times and really liked her, and then she became Speaker, I sent her a note. And I wanted her, and I continue to want her and everybody else in office, to do great for the country. ... I get along with everybody. I'm very proud of that. I get along with all of these people. Some I get along with better.”

He wrapped up an interview by saying: "When I send Nancy a letter, I want her to do a great job for the country, not for her party. OK, honey?"

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0411/52651.html#ixzz3dF3cAbwZ