Author Topic: Greg Valentino has a few choice words for Phil Heath!  (Read 13568 times)

That_Dude

• Getbig III
Re: Greg Valentino has a few choice words for Phil Heath!
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2015, 02:39:11 PM »
If he wants to discuss training thats fine; However, as you have said he is inviting the flaming he is getting.

Both wearing shirts you can see Arnold has a full chest and flat stomach, phildos gut is dominant over his chest even in a t shirt disgusting. 

exalta

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2015, 02:45:45 PM »
Valentino claims he was natural in that side biceps shot. Guy is a born liar who abandoned his family to peddle drugs & run around with prostitutes  - he admits as much in his own book. Nice guy.

True. Still sounds funny though.

phil is an awesome representative of the sport of bodybuilding. Not many Mr. Os have had his mix of charisma and mainstream appeal. Even Arnold, if he were on the scene today, couldn't pull it off the way Phil has. Back when Arnold was on top, bodybuilding was in the shadows. Now, fitness is on everybody's radar.

So not true. Bodybuilding is anything but mainstream, never will be, joke even calling itself a sport - look at kai greene in his s&m shit.

Arnold brought it closer to mainstream, everyone knows who arnold is. More people prolly know who vlad klitschko is than they do phil heath. He is a nobody to the public. Arnold brought bodybuilding closer to mainstream and is one of the most famous people on the planet.

exalta

• Getbig II
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2015, 02:48:24 PM »
Both wearing shirts you can see Arnold has a full chest and flat stomach, phildos gut is dominant over his chest even in a t shirt disgusting. 

Philsulina is clearly one of the worst offenders in the gut dept.

But is there anyone with a decent midsection?

Even one of the most aesthetic top guys around, Dex, would look at home as a teenage mutant ninja turtle.

Insulin abuse truly ruined bodybuilding.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2015, 02:53:02 PM »
Is there even one pro-that-matters without a GH-gut ?

exalta

• Getbig II
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2015, 03:02:34 PM »
Is there even one pro-that-matters without a GH-gut ?

Not a single one I can think of. Even the lower weight classes are horrific - look at aaron Clark,  giant turtle shell going on

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2015, 03:28:27 PM »
Ronnie is the only one who would have buried him.  Personal taste, but I think Dorian looked awful, so to me, Phil is the superior Mr. O. Kevin Levrone is basically the physique I aspire to, but all of the bridesmaids of the 90s had their flaws. Maybe he wouldn't have been Mr. O, but Phil would have been right at the head of the pack during that era.

Lift Studios posted about this recently, but when Phil's pics were posted on Getbig for the first time people thought they were morphed. He has an impressive physique.  He has weaknesses, but the man was made for competitive bodybuilding.

Nah, Phil would've looked like a complete jerk-off opposite Dorian AND Ronnie.

Is he good?  Hell, yes.  I think the man's build catches undue hell because of his shitty attitude ... he's a densely-built, enormous dude for his frame.  When he nails his conditioning, he's a good Mr. Olympia.

OTOH, when Ronnie and Dorian were at their respective bests, they were better than "good" winners, they were no less than *great*; moreover, the guys they were winning against were, for the most part, so far beyond what Phil has faced, it's not even funny.

To be fair, Kai was good for a year or two, but his giant gut,weak traps, shitty MM pose and weird, queer-bait posing take him out of the game right away.  He's far from the contenders we saw from Levrone, Ray, Wheeler, Cormier and even Oilsonbaty before he became full of oil.  Even Jay Cutler, at his best anyway, and little Dexter -- who still wins shows, btw -- were much better, more consistent competitors than the drivel we have now.

The future of the "sport" is Rami and Cedric.  Phil talks about winning the Mr. Olympia until 2020 ... ROTFLMAO.  I guarantee you he'll win at LEAST one more, but the second you've got a non-grapefruit fucking dude up there who can speak a modicum of English AND is in good shape -- adios, Phillipe; so sorry, too jolly ... 'twas nice knowin' ya, you arrogant little prick.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2015, 03:36:55 PM »
Perhaps you need to learn about respect because you clearly don't get it. Arnold's legs and the rest of the guys of that era had legs IN BALANCE with the rest of their physiques. Today's bodybuilders legs are not in balance.  Their legs are blown out.  Have you seen Kai walk?  have seen alot of these guys walk?  It looks fucking stupid.  They waddle.  Arnold's legs were not small, you've just been conditioned to believe they are.  

X1000

Typical of a modern day 'bodybuilder' to have the attitude of 'if you legs aren't stupidly big and cartoonish then you have no legs' , that mindset shows the regression of not only the physique of the modern day bodybuilder, but the pea brain of one too. 28" thighs are not small, having an upper body likes Arnolds will make 28" thighs look very small. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2015, 04:04:28 PM »
Nah, Phil would've looked like a complete jerk-off opposite Dorian AND Ronnie.

Is he good?  Hell, yes.  I think the man's build catches undue hell because of his shitty attitude ... he's a densely-built, enormous dude for his frame.  When he nails his conditioning, he's a good Mr. Olympia.

OTOH, when Ronnie and Dorian were at their respective bests, they were better than "good" winners, they were no less than *great*; moreover, the guys they were winning against were, for the most part, so far beyond what Phil has faced, it's not even funny.

To be fair, Kai was good for a year or two, but his giant gut,weak traps, shitty MM pose and weird, queer-bait posing take him out of the game right away.  He's far from the contenders we saw from Levrone, Ray, Wheeler, Cormier and even Oilsonbaty before he became full of oil.  Even Jay Cutler, at his best anyway, and little Dexter -- who still wins shows, btw -- were much better, more consistent competitors than the drivel we have now.

The future of the "sport" is Rami and Cedric.  Phil talks about winning the Mr. Olympia until 2020 ... ROTFLMAO.  I guarantee you he'll win at LEAST one more, but the second you've got a non-grapefruit fucking dude up there who can speak a modicum of English AND is in good shape -- adios, Phillipe; so sorry, too jolly ... 'twas nice knowin' ya, you arrogant little prick.

Dorian looked terrible in my opinion. Ronnie Coleman easily dominated, but Phil is better than both Jay and Dex. He would have been extremely competitive during the Levrone/Ray/Wheeler era.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2015, 04:06:11 PM »
Dorian looked terrible in my opinion. Ronnie Coleman easily dominated, but Phil is better than both Jay and Dex. He would have been extremely competitive during the Levrone/Ray/Wheeler era.

Certainly not lacking confidence.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2015, 04:26:47 PM »
Phil's forearms are bigger than Arnold's thighs. Fact

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2015, 05:53:18 PM »
Great pic of histories most forgettable mr o
He resembles a Down syndrome man with diabetes
w

exalta

• Getbig II
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2015, 05:55:07 PM »
Great pic of histories most forgettable mr o
He resembles a Down syndrome man with diabetes

Im so glad i found getbig

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2015, 05:57:09 PM »
Im so glad i found getbig

You didn't find Getbig.

Getbig found you.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2015, 05:58:20 PM »
And, yet, for all his talk about how famous he is, not one person gives a shit in that restaurant. Same when he was interviewed by TMZ.  :D :D
X

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2015, 06:04:47 PM »
Hey Phil u think your stupid five o clock shadow looks good
Shave your face
w

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2015, 06:05:06 PM »
You didn't find Getbig.

Getbig found you.

lol. Right on.

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2015, 06:24:49 PM »
Valentino claims he was natural in that side biceps shot. Guy is a born liar who abandoned his family to peddle drugs & run around with prostitutes  - he admits as much in his own book. Nice guy.

Phil is an awesome representative of the sport of bodybuilding. Not many Mr. Os have had his mix of charisma and mainstream appeal. Even Arnold, if he were on the scene today, couldn't pull it off the way Phil has. Back when Arnold was on top, bodybuilding was in the shadows. Now, fitness is on everybody's radar.
With Gregg being my buddy and managing editor, I'm obviously biased and I won't even get into the first part of your post. We're both entitled to our respective opinions.

I do agree that Heath WAS an awesome representative of bodybuilding, but he is coming across like a complete douchebag with his Arnold hate talk. Yes, he has charisma, but mainstream appeal? I don't see it at all. His TMZ blurb & Bloomberg appearance do not suffice for that description.

Arnold could have pulled 'it' off in any era. Bodybuilding was in the shadows until Arnold single-handedly brought it out of them. Not sure how old you are, but my first foray into it was because of "Pumping Iron" when it first came out and also Lou Ferrigno being on The Incredible Hulk - another residual effect from the PI movie.

The fitness revolution in the late 1970s and early-to-mid 80s and it was all from Arnold. That's when it was on everyone's radar. Nowadays, you have these hipster douchebags and everyone sits on their smart phone.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2015, 06:27:12 PM »
Hey Phil u think your stupid five o clock shadow looks good
Shave your face

Is it me or as he aged a lot?!  When I posted that pic I was going to mention that.

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2015, 06:36:21 PM »
Certainly not lacking confidence.

Number 5… yeah fifth place seems appropriate  :D

That shitty beard makes him look just like some homeless bum I saw walking down the street talking to himself the other day.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2015, 07:03:02 PM »
He sounds like Joe Pesci in one of his mob movies  ;D
:

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2015, 07:24:22 PM »
X1000

Typical of a modern day 'bodybuilder' to have the attitude of 'if you legs aren't stupidly big and cartoonish then you have no legs' , that mindset shows the regression of not only the physique of the modern day bodybuilder, but the pea brain of one too. 28" thighs are not small, having an upper body likes Arnolds will make 28" thighs look very small. 

Back then it was v taper so the legs were in balance. Today it is x frame with blown up legs and glutes.
S

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2015, 07:48:43 PM »
Greg sounds like the guy from The Jerky Boys.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2015, 07:52:56 PM »
Greg sounds like the guy from The Jerky Boys.
who kissel??..k/d no rizzo...

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2015, 08:08:03 PM »
who kissel??..k/d no rizzo...

"Sue everybody!"

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2015, 09:04:28 PM »
With Gregg being my buddy and managing editor, I'm obviously biased and I won't even get into the first part of your post. We're both entitled to our respective opinions.

I do agree that Heath WAS an awesome representative of bodybuilding, but he is coming across like a complete douchebag with his Arnold hate talk. Yes, he has charisma, but mainstream appeal? I don't see it at all. His TMZ blurb & Bloomberg appearance do not suffice for that description.

Arnold could have pulled 'it' off in any era. Bodybuilding was in the shadows until Arnold single-handedly brought it out of them. Not sure how old you are, but my first foray into it was because of "Pumping Iron" when it first came out and also Lou Ferrigno being on The Incredible Hulk - another residual effect from the PI movie.

The fitness revolution in the late 1970s and early-to-mid 80s and it was all from Arnold. That's when it was on everyone's radar. Nowadays, you have these hipster douchebags and everyone sits on their smart phone.

I was just trolling about Arnold. Everyone knows he's #1
But the part about Valentino comes straight from his book. He left his family for a drug addled prostitute.