Author Topic: Rhonda Rousey vs. Cyborg - Almost a done deal  (Read 14781 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: Rhonda Rousey vs. Cyborg - Almost a done deal
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2015, 05:16:29 PM »
Follow baseball at all, got a team?

When I did, it was the Cards but I don't much watch anything.  I have TV for my movie collection and no cable hookup in that room as I found TV to be awful.  My older brother is a Giants fan.  My younger brother played semi-pro in Ohio for a while. 

I am the least athletic which is probably why I took up bodybuilding.   ;D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2015, 05:18:11 PM »
When I did, it was the Cards but I don't much watch anything.  I have TV for my movie collection and no cable hookup in that room as I found TV to be awful.  My older brother is a Giants fan.  My younger brother played semi-pro in Ohio for a while. 

I am the least athletic which is probably why I took up bodybuilding.   ;D

Ha! Sounds like my big bro.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2015, 05:21:34 PM »
Bump...

In short when I started working with athletes I mentored under Bob Ward, he was the former S&C coach of the Dallas Cowboys. Thats when I found out that training athletes was more than just lifting weights. Everyday after warm ups he would put the team as well as individual athletes through speed drills. It was then when I started learning about zero step, first step, stride, set up, arm action, forced application, change of direction, bio-mechanics as it applys to speed, etc. After he retired I kept learning through reading, attending clinics at various D1 colleges, DVD's visiting other coachs, reading, learning about Charlie Francis, going to and observing to Chris Carlisle, Tommy Moffitt, Duane Carlisle among others. For about 9 years I've ran camps and clinics on most weekends from 10 years old to pros including combine prep. I have written two fairly extensive speed templates for both beginning and advanced including drills and direction to help prevent injury during on field play.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2015, 05:30:47 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2015, 07:15:57 PM »
In other words, no actual degree in this stuff?

There is no "degree" in speed development. And even if there was....like EVERYTHING else the real learning doesn't start until after you get your degree. Remember what a "degree" is? It means you met the minimum requirements to get that piece of paper.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2015, 07:30:58 PM »
There is no "degree" in speed development. And even if there was....like EVERYTHING else the real learning doesn't start until after you get your degree. Remember what a "degree" is? It means you met the minimum requirements to get that piece of paper.
So, you really don't even meet the minimum requirements?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2015, 07:31:18 PM »
http://www.ptonthenet.com/blog/the-inner-unit/what-it-takes-to-become-a-collegiate-strength-and-conditioning-coach-391

"Education. Typical job listings for a college-level strength and conditioning coach require a B.A. degree in a related field such as exercise science or human performance, but a master's degree is always preferred. Having a master’s degree will often give you a significant advantage over those who do not have a post-graduate degree."

Are you ready to lose this argument in the most humiliating way? Yes or no?

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2015, 07:33:09 PM »

I have to side with The Coach on this one

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2015, 07:34:18 PM »
So, you really don't even meet the minimum requirements?

You mean as a kid that's gone to school for 4 years with and learned from a book with no real practical experience as opposed to someone who has been doing this for 15 + years....I'm over qualified. Hope this helps.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2015, 07:36:48 PM »
college-level strength and conditioning coach 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2015, 08:09:08 PM »

I guess that would mean that chris Carlisle (two national championship, two Super Bowl appearances with one win) and Tommy Moffitt (three national championships (two with LSU, one with Tennessee) haven't met those requirements as well?

Stfu, you won't win this (juruth/fuzzy nuts)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2015, 08:17:56 PM »
You've also mentioned Bill Gates in the past. Odd that you think  that your being uneducated somehow imbues you with their accomplishments, as if these accomplishments are shared with yourself.

Answer my question. Based on your assumptions those two coaches aren't qualified either.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2015, 08:19:34 PM »
You've also mentioned Bill Gates in the past. Odd that you think  that your being uneducated somehow imbues you with their accomplishments, as if these accomplishments are shared with yourself.

Really, how am I uneducated?

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2015, 08:20:10 PM »
I guess that would mean that chris Carlisle (two national championship, two Super Bowl appearances with one win) and Tommy Moffitt (three national championships (two with LSU, one with Tennessee) haven't met those requirements as well?

Stfu, you won't win this (juruth/fuzzy nuts)

I was taking your side, you toupee-wearing, height-challenged idiot.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2015, 08:22:06 PM »

I was taking your side, you toupee-wearing, height-challenged idiot.

I know. That's why I said juruth and fuzzy nuts. I just used that quote.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2015, 08:23:18 PM »
I know. That's why I said juruth and fuzzy nuts. I just used that quote.

OK, I take back the part about wearing a toupee. The height-challenged part stands ;D.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2015, 08:27:03 PM »
OK, I take back the part about wearing a toupee. The height-challenged part stands ;D.

lol

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2015, 09:40:51 PM »
In short when I started working with athletes I mentored under Bob Ward, he was the former S&C coach of the Dallas Cowboys. Thats when I found out that training athletes was more than just lifting weights. Everyday after warm ups he would put the team as well as individual athletes through speed drills. It was then when I started learning about zero step, first step, stride, set up, arm action, forced application, change of direction, bio-mechanics as it applys to speed, etc. After he retired I kept learning through reading, attending clinics at various D1 colleges, DVD's visiting other coachs, reading, learning about Charlie Francis, going to and observing to Chris Carlisle, Tommy Moffitt, Duane Carlisle among others. For about 9 years I've ran camps and clinics on most weekends from 10 years old to pros including combine prep. I have written two fairly extensive speed templates for both beginning and advanced including drills and direction to help prevent injury during on field play.

Reading a Charlie Francis biography doesnt quite make a person an expert on speed.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2015, 09:47:31 PM »
Reading a Charlie Francis biography doesnt quite make a person an expert on speed.

With all that I just posted that goes back some 15 years this is the only thing you got out of it? lol. It's getbig. I should have known better.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2015, 10:16:24 PM »
With all that I just posted that goes back some 15 years this is the only thing you got out of it? lol. It's getbig. I should have known better.

Well Coach, you said you mentored and read up on speed training, but with little due respect, you're not exactly a deep thinker.

I will let it go. I'm sure there are many potential pro NFLers that seek you out before the Combine to improve their 40 time.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2015, 10:26:57 PM »
Well Coach, you said you mentored and read up on speed training, but with little due respect, you're not exactly a deep thinker.

I will let it go. I'm sure there are many potential pro NFLers that seek you out before the Combine to improve their 40 time.

Ok...not quite sure what you're looking for here. When ever I see or hear someone make a comment that ends with "I'll let it go" that usually means they cannot fully explain why they made that comment in the first place. Unlike most I like to try and back things up when i get called out (which is frequently) but when I do get called out and qualify my position I get (after the derogatory comment) "I'll just let it go". Either you can back your comment or you can't. Which is it?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2015, 10:41:53 PM »
Ok...not quite sure what you're looking for here. When ever I see or hear someone make a comment that ends with "I'll let it go" that usually means they cannot fully explain why they made that comment in the first place. Unlike most I like to try and back things up when i get called out (which is frequently) but when I do get called out and qualify my position I get (after the derogatory comment) "I'll just let it go". Either you can back your comment or you can't. Which is it?

You watched and observed, attended a clinic, and bought a DVD? Jesus Christ, you're GED level stupid and you're pretending you understand physiology and biomechanics?

A disgraceful fucking sham to take money from the naive parents of high school kids.

I guess whatever makes the boat payment. I'm sure some day the bullshit you spout here will come full circle.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2015, 10:52:32 PM »
You watched and observed, attended a clinic, and bought a DVD? Jesus Christ, you're GED level stupid and you're pretending you understand physiology and biomechanics?

A disgraceful fucking sham to take money from the naive parents of high school kids.

I guess whatever makes the boat payment. I'm sure some day the bullshit you spout here will come full circle.

Meltdown..lol

Yeah, I did what every other coach did that teaches speed to their athletes. Jesus Christ there are some dumb fucks on this board. Let's face it. This is the best you can do because you can't back your dumbass naive statement up. God dammit son, come up with something substantial instead spouting off your hatred. I back 95% of everything I say and that pisses people like you off to no fucking end. We'll try this one more time. Either back it up with some substance or shut the fuck up. I can. You can't. Period.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2015, 11:06:29 PM »
Meltdown..lol

Yeah, I did what every other coach did that teaches speed to their athletes. Jesus Christ there are some dumb fucks on this board. Let's face it. This is the best you can do because you can't back your dumbass naive statement up. God dammit son, come up with something substantial instead spouting off your hatred. I back 95% of everything I say and that pisses people like you off to no fucking end. We'll try this one more time. Either back it up with some substance or shut the fuck up. I can. You can't. Period.

Which part would you like me to back up? That you're not a deep thinker? You've proven that here countless times. That you're one of, if not the, dumbest people on this board? Your body of work makes that point for me. That your entire knowledge about speed training comes from a couple two-day clinics and reading a Charlie Francis book? You just admitted that yourself - bragged about it actually. That the "coaching" you provide is nothing more than plagiarized material from others who are proven experts in the field? That one is obvious to anyone with half a brain in their head.

I don't really care Coach, live in your own world and justify things however you need to. You are an embarrassment on this board and really, your lack of intelligence is nothing more than a source of humor on Getbig.

Simple Simon

« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2015, 11:07:43 PM »
Meltdown..lol

Interesting statement, what is the 5% that you cant/dont back up?