Author Topic: Perry calls Charleston massacre an “accident”  (Read 2181 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Perry calls Charleston massacre an “accident”
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2015, 11:23:22 AM »

How..without infringing on our current rights?

I don't get what right you'd be losing? 

The right to sell/gift a weapon without a background check?  Where is that right listed in the bill of rights?

We accept that we, law abiding citizens, have to do a background check to buy a gun.

But we are cool with felons and crazy people - such as the one who shot up a church - being able to buy a gun in an alley to avoid the same background check?

We're angry that felons and crazy people may lose their loophole which allows them to circumvent the law?  Again, I'm completely baffled here.  I do not understand the defense of this loophole? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2015, 12:14:19 PM »
No.  Without this 'small minded issue', this idiot doesn't have the gun to shoot people in the church.

for once, we have a direct link between the loophall law on gifting weapons, and the weapon being used by a people who should NOT have been allowed to have it, to kill a bunch of people.

Small minded issue?  hardly.  Criminals and cazies don't need guns, that's my position, even if you consider that to be low info issue.   Felons and mentally-declined can still buy guns, doesn't that rub you the wrong way?

I'm shaking my head.  Keep the guns out of bad guys hands, isn't that the goal?  

The small minded issue is making an issue out of Perry making a mistake when talking about South Carolina.  That's the topic of your thread. 

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2015, 01:25:55 PM »
I don't get what right you'd be losing? 

The right to sell/gift a weapon without a background check?  Where is that right listed in the bill of rights?

We accept that we, law abiding citizens, have to do a background check to buy a gun.

But we are cool with felons and crazy people - such as the one who shot up a church - being able to buy a gun in an alley to avoid the same background check?
We're angry that felons and crazy people may lose their loophole which allows them to circumvent the law?  Again, I'm completely baffled here.  I do not understand the defense of this loophole? 

is it legal for a felon to possess a gun?  i'm fairly certain its not.  I don't know a whole lot about gun laws though.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2015, 07:30:41 PM »
is it legal for a felon to possess a gun?  i'm fairly certain its not.  I don't know a whole lot about gun laws though.

no.  but its not illegal to sell them one.  I can buy 100 AR-15s.  Then I can decide I don't want them after all and drive to the prison parking lot as parole lets them out.  I can see 100 AR-15's to 100 prisoners as they come out, and I am 100% legal.

They're committing a crime, but we know they already don't give a shit about the law because, well, the shit they did that sent them to prison, and their buying something illegal for them in the first place.