Author Topic: AP photo shows a gun pointed at Ted Cruz’s head  (Read 2475 times)

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
Re: AP photo shows a gun pointed at Ted Cruz’s head
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2015, 12:03:14 PM »
you're giving these guys way too much credit
these guys are constantly being photographed and they couldn't possibly micromanage or even give any consideration to every possible photo that might be snapped
He was their to give a talk and shoot guns and he's not thinking about how a photo might line up

I don't think Cruz thought about it at all and if he did then you're suggesting he stood there intentionally for purposes of a photo so then you can't really blame the AP

think about Palin giving a chat on cameran while a guy is killing turkeys behind her.

this of all the politicians who been photographed eating food that makes that look silly in hindsight

Straw, you of all people understand how high the stakes are. If you don't sense a set-up despite the appearance of that: WHO is it you've placed trust in to say otherwise?

Because I don't think for one minute that you believe Cruz and his people didn't recognize what pictures would SURELY be placed out for mass viewing from that room, with that 10-ton focal point. You aren't dumb.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2015, 12:08:32 PM »
And you're right that it falls on Cruz in the sense that he placed himself there. But no question it is irresponsible to publish something like that, too. So there's that.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2015, 12:09:58 PM »
Straw, you of all people understand how high the stakes are. If you don't sense a set-up despite the appearance of that: WHO is it you've placed trust in to say otherwise?

Because I don't think for one minute that you believe Cruz and his people didn't recognize what pictures would SURELY be placed out for mass viewing from that room, with that 10-ton focal point. You aren't dumb.

so you're saying you believe he stood there on purpose and knew or hoped they would snap that photo?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2015, 12:14:22 PM »
And you're right that it falls on Cruz in the sense that he placed himself there. But no question it is irresponsible to publish something like that, too. So there's that.

I honestly don't think Cruz thought about it at all

maybe if we had video we could make a better judgement of whether this was intentional on his part

I posted another photo on the first page of this thread with a similar gun in the background

these guys are doing appearances all day long, every day and I just don't believe they can micromanage this stuff

I also doubt the AP would intentionally print an inflamtory photo, especially after the South Carolina shooting.

I think (personal opinion) you're giving other human beings way too much credit

shit happens

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2015, 12:19:32 PM »
so you're saying you believe he stood there on purpose and knew or hoped they would snap that photo?

If the only other explanation is that he was unaware, then I can't help but to think that. Yes.

The picture has more than that much impact, and belief can only be stretched so far.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2015, 12:22:15 PM »
cruz cannot analyze every room at every time as he's rushing thru campaigning.

Now, if it was a carefully coordinated event, like Palin and the turkey thing - plenty of time to plan that out. 

In this case, it's an awkward pic but that's it.   Repubs who are acting all upset over it are acting weak and soft.  People subconsciously wonder "if a repub is emotional and angry and hurt and whining about this, are they tough enough to face down putin and nkorea?"

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2015, 12:22:23 PM »
Media selecting the most polarizing and provocative pictures and statements. Shocking. I can understand the whole hypocrisy angle (from all sides) especially when it comes to firearms but really, is the whole argument "the liberals whined about it, now I want to whine too!"? How many articles are there that mention specifically what Cruz talked about and how many that focus on this picture angle numbskullery? I'd rather read the former.

I'm not shocked.  Yes this is hypocritical.  I don't think anyone is "whining" about it.  People are talking about it, as they should.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2015, 12:23:10 PM »
Don't you think Cruz himself knew it?

Do I think Cruz knew they would take a picture with a gun pointing at his head and publish about four of them?  I doubt it. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2015, 12:25:25 PM »
The AP reporter knew exactly what he was doing...exactly. The picture got through their editors with no real pushback...not the first time they've pulled this shit. This isn't the fault of Cruz's folks. They should have insured that the jackwagon AP fotog wasn't gonna be able to get that angle. If his media folks are junior or inexperienced...they'll learn that everything...everything about a media event has to be orchestrated or crap like this will happen.
L

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2015, 12:26:53 PM »
I honestly don't think Cruz thought about it at all

maybe if we had video we could make a better judgement of whether this was intentional on his part

I posted another photo on the first page of this thread with a similar gun in the background

these guys are doing appearances all day long, every day and I just don't believe they can micromanage this stuff

I also doubt the AP would intentionally print an inflamtory photo, especially after the South Carolina shooting.

I think (personal opinion) you're giving other human beings way too much credit

shit happens

I know these guys are running in circles, they become exhausted (mostly with their own lies, probably), and shit happens. But that would explain a verbal slip. This would actually require blindness, or else a level of unawareness that simply isn't believable.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2015, 12:28:58 PM »
The AP reporter knew exactly what he was doing...exactly. The picture got through their editors with no real pushback...not the first time they've pulled this shit. This isn't the fault of Cruz's folks. They should have insured that the jackwagon AP fotog wasn't gonna be able to get that angle. If his media folks are junior or inexperienced...they'll learn that everything...everything about a media event has to be orchestrated or crap like this will happen.

Since you mention orchestration: how do you explain the fact that Cruz allowed himself to be positioned there?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2015, 12:31:43 PM »
cruz cannot analyze every room at every time as he's rushing thru campaigning.

Now, if it was a carefully coordinated event, like Palin and the turkey thing - plenty of time to plan that out. 

In this case, it's an awkward pic but that's it.   Repubs who are acting all upset over it are acting weak and soft.  People subconsciously wonder "if a repub is emotional and angry and hurt and whining about this, are they tough enough to face down putin and nkorea?"

Not sure how a large fixed wall display versus a person's physical position could be explained as "ackward", necessarily.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2015, 12:32:15 PM »

Yep.  I agree. 

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2015, 12:35:10 PM »
Not sure how a large fixed wall display versus a person's physical position could be explained as "ackward", necessarily.

..especially if they chose to do it that way, which they did.

So why did they do that? We can safely say they were seeking a benefit: so what is it? That's what I want to know.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2015, 12:51:57 PM »
Do I think Cruz knew they would take a picture with a gun pointing at his head and publish about four of them?  I doubt it. 

Do you think he was unaware people were taking pictures of him, and that it would depict a gun pointed at his head? Or that he was unaware of some part of that?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2015, 12:53:39 PM »
Do you think he was unaware people were taking pictures of him, and that it would depict a gun pointed at his head? Or that he was unaware of some part of that?

I'm sure he knew people were taking pictures.  I doubt he knew they would publish pictures that showed a gun pointing at his head.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2015, 12:58:36 PM »
I'm sure he knew people were taking pictures.  I doubt he knew they would publish pictures that showed a gun pointing at his head.

So you figure he thought the photographers on that side were taking pictures for their personal files, or...?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2015, 01:00:00 PM »
Any explanations?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2015, 01:01:26 PM »
Who will deny this is a very strong image?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2015, 01:04:30 PM »
So you figure he thought the photographers on that side were taking pictures for their personal files, or...?

Of course not.  They were taking pictures to publish them. 

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2015, 01:05:50 PM »
Of course not.  They were taking pictures to publish them. 

Thank you.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2015, 01:07:30 PM »
I know these guys are running in circles, they become exhausted (mostly with their own lies, probably), and shit happens. But that would explain a verbal slip. This would actually require blindness, or else a level of unawareness that simply isn't believable.

exactly

total unawarness

he's in a shooting range so why would he give 2 seconds thought to a picture on the wall of a gun

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2015, 01:25:36 PM »
exactly

total unawarness

he's in a shooting range so why would he give 2 seconds thought to a picture on the wall of a gun

A gun that can appear from the side to be pointed right between his eyes, if he stands in exactly in a certain place, you mean?

Let me ask you this, then: do you think it escaped his and his peoples' awareness that it could provide the same controversy that's happening right now, if nothing else?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2015, 02:15:25 PM »
A gun that can appear from the side to be pointed right between his eyes, if he stands in exactly in a certain place, you mean?

Let me ask you this, then: do you think it escaped his and his peoples' awareness that it could provide the same controversy that's happening right now, if nothing else?

yes, I think I've said this before

I think it completely escaped everyones awareness

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2015, 02:29:52 PM »
yes, I think I've said this before

I think it completely escaped everyones awareness

So the wall-display didn't escape awareness, you'd say. And his physical position against the display didn't escape awareness, either, you'd also say. And the fact that photographers were standing there taking pictures certainly didn't escape awareness, obviously.

But the consequences that should be expected from those things, did escape awareness.

Is that what you're saying?