Author Topic: Tyson Fury - Klitschkos next opponent already in awesome shape.  (Read 10871 times)

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
Re: Tyson Fury - Klitschkos next opponent already in awesome shape.
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2015, 05:04:21 AM »
I wouldn't bet on that Johnny.

he doesnt look like hes on anything to me.

Interesting subject though...how do these guys beat the drug tests?

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2015, 05:08:53 AM »
He is actually a very talented boxer with a lot of power. If he fights Wlad it will be the closest fight Wlad has had for a LONG time. Anyone who says Fury has no chance against Klitschko has not seen enough of Fury.

I like Fury and think he gets underrated by many but at the same time, I think you're overrating his ability. Fury has adequate boxing skill at best and while his power is above average for a HW, that's really all it is. Fury's probably good and big enough to make the opening 2-3 rounds competitive against Wlad but he's going to end up taking some heavy punishment during the middle rounds when Wlad finds his groove.
His only chance is if Wlad's age suddenly catches up with him.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2015, 05:12:16 AM »

LOL. Not in that pic but it wouldn't surprise me if he has used gear at times when he was cutting or packing on muscle. The drug testing in boxing is known to be poor.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2015, 05:14:24 AM »
then another thought would be if they cut the enhancement out how do they fight with full capacity with a suppressed endogenous output.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2015, 05:19:35 AM »
then another thought would be if they cut the enhancement out how do they fight with full capacity with a suppressed endogenous output.

I'm no expert when it comes to this but I'd imagine that they cut down before the fights to an amount that would be within the "natural" limits. So they pass the tests without too many issues.
The best athletes with the best doctors probably use designer stuff that aren't even picked up on any test. Who knows?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2015, 05:23:46 AM »
Tyson's 6'9ft so will have the height/reach advantage over you. Ever fought someone bigger than you Johnny?
no not sice hs football
A

MANGOOS

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2015, 07:10:45 AM »
let Klitchko get this american black clown which was dropped by a permabulker, luckily won later.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2015, 07:46:40 AM »
I like Fury and think he gets underrated by many but at the same time, I think you're overrating his ability. Fury has adequate boxing skill at best and while his power is above average for a HW, that's really all it is. Fury's probably good and big enough to make the opening 2-3 rounds competitive against Wlad but he's going to end up taking some heavy punishment during the middle rounds when Wlad finds his groove.
His only chance is if Wlad's age suddenly catches up with him.

You know your boxing mate, but I still think he can take him for 12. He has the heart of a lion, you can't deny that. Obviously that's not gonna get him a title on its own, but he has great hand speed/combos for a bloke his size.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2015, 08:11:07 AM »
You know your boxing mate, but I still think he can take him for 12. He has the heart of a lion, you can't deny that. Obviously that's not gonna get him a title on its own, but he has great hand speed/combos for a bloke his size.

:D

I'm a big fan of the sport although I think Pork Chop and CaptainFreedom are the best boxing guru's on getbig.
Yeah, Fury has heart no doubt and I actually think if he fights Wlad, he would win the respect of all fans afterwards due to the heart he will show. I also think his ability is quite underrated. However, Wlad is just too big a step up in quality. Fury isn't that difficult to find and I can see Wlad really landing his jabs and straight right with sickening regularity the more the fight goes on. After a competitive first 3 rounds (where Fury may even rattle and hurt Wlad), I just think the fight will just become target practice for Wlad with Fury getting bludgeoned. I see the fight going 7-8 rounds before the referee says enough is enough.

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2015, 08:14:16 AM »

boxing doesn't use Olympic-style testing and they don't use the US anti-doping agency to do the testing - its normally the state commission's own testing agency because of jurisdictions outside of the state having different standards and such. so Nevada different to the California commission etc

just speculating but i reckon these state commissions take backhanders and definitely not anywhere near the authority of USDA and definitely not WADA.
i remember a few years ago hearing about the Bero and Ortiz fight being cancelled because Ortiz tested positive for a steroid and Goldenboy being pissed at losing millions cos of it.
he appealed successfully on basis that his sample was contaminated or something along those lines!
fucking joke of a decision!
but it would have been California State Commission (staples centre hosting it) who reversed the decision to cancel the fight and no doubt De La Hoya/Goldenboy put the pressure on or gave the commission a sweetener.

also James DeGale, i remember listening to an interview of his before the Groves fight. said he was tested regularly as an amateur for the euro championships and olympics. good few times a year random blood tests, never tested once as a pro and he'd been professional a good few years by then.

the bans are funny as well, WADA dishing out lifetime bans to olympic athletes for failing tests but world champs like James Toney if i remember got something like 90 days for winstrol!
you'd never guess of all the things he could have took it would have been Winny! the fat bastard lol

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2015, 08:15:31 AM »

I'm a big fan of the sport although I think Pork Chop and CaptainFreedom are the best boxing guru's on getbig.
Yeah, Fury has heart no doubt and I actually think if he fights Wlad, he would win the respect of all fans afterwards due to the heart he will show. I also think his ability is quite underrated. However, Wlad is just too big a step up in quality. Fury isn't that difficult to find and I can see Wlad really landing his jabs and straight right with sickening regularity the more the fight goes on. After a competitive first 3 rounds (where Fury may even rattle and hurt Wlad), I just think the fight will just become target practice for Wlad with Fury getting bludgeoned. I see the fight going 7-8 rounds before the referee says enough is enough.

I see where you're coming from actually. If the fight happens, I will be genuinely excited to watch, unlike may vs pac lol. I was actually in Uganda at a hotel when the Pac fight was on, then the African TV channel decided to keep showing the fight on a loop for like 24 hours haha  ;D

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2015, 08:18:00 AM »

was almost lights out for him when he was put on his arse by Cunningham who's a glorified cruiserweight!
Wlad lands the same shot and he's in an ambulance, spot on though mate i think your prediction is exactly the way its going to go.
Wlad never gives much away early rounds, feels his way in before getting into a rhythm and taking over.
7-8th like you said before its over i reckon too.

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2015, 08:20:25 AM »
i hope channel 5 shows this here though, need a big fight on terrestrial tv to get publicity back on the sport.
wankers itv stopped showing anything after Khan went to Skysports.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2015, 08:21:31 AM »
not a big fan of the Klitschko Brothers or their Boxing but i do not think age is an issue because when they train they are always in top form. Klitschko will win because of his fitness and skills.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2015, 08:22:57 AM »
just because a boxer might use steroids does not make him a good boxer or give him an advantage over someone who knows how to box.
100% correct.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2015, 08:23:03 AM »
I see where you're coming from actually. If the fight happens, I will be genuinely excited to watch, unlike may vs pac lol. I was actually in Uganda at a hotel when the Pac fight was on, then the African TV channel decided to keep showing the fight on a loop for like 24 hours haha  ;D

I watched the Paquaio-Mayweather fight in a bar in Camden. I knew it exactly how the fight would play out and was telling everyone beforehand. I was surprised by the amount of people who thought it was going to some epic Gatti-Ward type battle. :D ;D

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2015, 08:23:44 AM »
yea he is genetically like that, his younger brother and cousin are the same, skinny-fat little to no muscle tone.
look horrible but they have a good boxing pedigree, Hughie Fury is a good prospect to be fair to him.
the younger brother though looks miles behind.
his uncles all known for their fighting skills, going back to bare-knuckle. fighting family for sure but im not sure Tyson will be elite level.

be good to see him against Wilder though,
Wilder was average against Molina, was rocked a few times and Fury is a level above Molina for sure. Stiverne was a good win but he was badly off, Stiverne.

hard to judge the heavies, all of them fought nobodies so far - Fury, Wilder, Joshua, Price and Povetkin. need to make these match ups soon hopefully. will see who's smoke and mirrors and who's the real deal.

Wlad rates Joshua as best heavyweight he's seen since Lewis after sparring him. rates Dillian Whyte too, got a callback for sparring, not easy to do in the Klitshcko camp
good analysis.  Tyson would probably look drained and tired if he came into a fight ripped with abs.  Although his conditioning does need improvement.  He looks worse in some fights than others so his training and nutrition may be up and down.  

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2015, 08:29:07 AM »
was almost lights out for him when he was put on his arse by Cunningham who's a glorified cruiserweight!
Wlad lands the same shot and he's in an ambulance, spot on though mate i think your prediction is exactly the way its going to go.
Wlad never gives much away early rounds, feels his way in before getting into a rhythm and taking over.
7-8th like you said before its over i reckon too.

TBF on Fury, I think he underestimated Cunningham's power and thought he could just walk through him. He didn't think a light punching CW could hurt him. :D
He won't make that mistake against Wlad but instead, I can see him trying to rush Wlad. Really going all out the minute the bell rings and attempting to do what Sanders did - I can even see Fury going southpaw against Wlad.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2015, 08:36:35 AM »
TBF on Fury, I think he underestimated Cunningham's power and thought he could just walk through him. He didn't think a light punching CW could hurt him. :D
He won't make that mistake against Wlad but instead, I can see him trying to rush Wlad. Really going all out the minute the bell rings and attempting to do what Sanders did - I can even see Fury going southpaw against Wlad.
I agree but he will not have the Fitness of Klitschko.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2015, 08:42:33 AM »
Guy is fucking 6'9 and thats a lot of weight behind those jabs. Also if that's cardio fat like Fedor used to have I don't see why he cant be the HW champion for next 10 years. He is only 26.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2015, 08:45:51 AM »
I agree but he will not have the Fitness of Klitschko.

Fitness, ability, skill, power, ring IQ, movement, speed....etc. He's far behind Wlad in all these areas. :D

Only advantage he has is size and age. Those two however might be enough for him to have some success in the early rounds though.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2015, 08:47:07 AM »
Guy is fucking 6'10 and thats a lot of weight behind those jabs. Also if that's cardio fat like Fedor used to have I don't see why he cant be the HW champion for next 10 years.
can be as big as you want but Ro is correct, skill and staminia win most of the time. Boxing is not just primitive clubbing your opponent. Skill and fitness are everything. Remember one Trainer said to us years ago, work hard now or you will get hurt in the Ring. He was right.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2015, 08:48:45 AM »
can be as big as you want but Ro is correct, skill and staminia win most of the time. Boxing is not just primitive clubbing your opponent. Skill and fitness are everything. Remember one Trainer said to us years ago, work hard now or you will get hurt in the Ring. He was right.

Oh wait, I looked him up, he is only 6'9.

Still should have reach advantage. We'll see what becomes of him.

Maybe he is just one of those evil giants that is to lazy to be dedicated.

Simple Simon

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2015, 08:49:28 AM »
Guy is fucking 6'9 and thats a lot of weight behind those jabs. Also if that's cardio fat like Fedor used to have I don't see why he cant be the HW champion for next 10 years. He is only 26.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2015, 08:56:12 AM »

Oh wait, I looked him up, he is only 6'9.

Still should have reach advantage. We'll see what becomes of him.

Maybe he is just one of those evil giants that is to lazy to be dedicated.
anything can happen, he could ko Klitschko who knows but i doubt it. My money is on Klitschko.