Author Topic: Is bodybuilding a sport?  (Read 10406 times)

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Re: Is bodybuilding a sport?
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2006, 05:34:53 PM »
na she's still here and everything's fine.
I don't know any bitch ready to leave her man for a "bodybuilder" lmao.
what an old and tired myth "look i have muscles so every girl wants to f**k me and being muscular, it MUST mean i"m rich and famous"
please give me a break.
People cares about money, security and not about insecure losers who injects drugs into their body to balance their insecurity, related to dick size or lack of intelligence .

So, the only reason guys workout is to make up for their small penis, small income and small brain?

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2006, 05:36:24 PM »
na she's still here and everything's fine.
I don't know any bitch ready to leave her man for a "bodybuilder" lmao.
what an old and tired myth "look i have muscles so every girl wants to f**k me and being muscular, it MUST mean i"m rich and famous"
please give me a break.
People cares about money, security and not about insecure losers who injects drugs into their body to balance their insecurity, related to dick size or lack of intelligence .
So basicly what you are saying is that you can not stand the person you are as you are a nastie son of a bitch , a person whom emulates there father ,a man whom you hated but have grown up to be exactly like , and it is because of this and the fact you are to pussy to address the insecuritys you have in your self that you take it upon your self to put any one down that may pose as a threat to you or whom you deem to be of a better standing than your self , ------ boy you must have lots of friends and realy enjoy life !!!

analcandy

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2006, 05:45:06 PM »
rofl erm yeah..whatever
for sure everyone has insecurities, lets just say some have more than others  ;D
people like arvilla and robert ziruolo obviously have BIG insecurities to live through the internet, post their pics everydays and being permanently worshipping themselves.

Most weight lifters started due to small man syndrome, but some are just taking that shit too far, and it ends with freaks like bodybuilders who are lifetime juicers , doing nothing but training, eating and sleeping , people like gregg valentino and derek anthony, etc

bodybuilding is by definition an extremism, caused by a mental disorder.

Weight lifting and powerlifting are, in my book, different. You do it for health and pride, but showing off on a stage with oil getting cheered by fagots in the audience is just, simply gay.

there are rules when you do powerlifting, so it's a sport.

But when you are judged subjectively by people on your physique, it has nothing to do with a sport, it's pure gayness.

especially when the results are already written.

I still didnt manage to understand how people can "follow" pro bodybuilding contests, because everything is staged and people are not even really judged : you really have to be incredibly stupid to still compete knowing the fact that you don't have a fuckign chance to place anywhere near the top.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2006, 05:46:36 PM »
When Boats started having engines, sailing became a "sport".
When you could start buying meat at the Supermarket, hunting became a "sport"
When horses were not used for transportation anymore, horseback riding became a "sport"
IF these can be considered a sport, especially horseback riding, then I believe bodybuildin can be

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2006, 05:54:48 PM »
Holy shit you're a bunch of morons...Stop the damn insults and actually have an intelligent discussion!

Is bodybuilding a sport? Well let's see....

Sport-Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.

-An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Sport

Bodybuilding competitions...I.E. Posing onstage infront of judges is not a physical competition. It isn't physical at all but aesthetic. The TRAINING for this contest is physical But the training isn't the actuall competition, Competitors aren't judged on how they have trained but on how they look.

Making posing part of the competition might make it a "sport" simply because the posing itself is physical and is a competition so it would then therefor be a "sport". However Modern bodybuilding competions aren't judged on posing. A guy who's much larger than another guy doesn't get points taken away because he can't pose worth a damn.

Therefor no..Bodybuilding is NOT a "sport". So what? Who cares if it's not a "sport"? It doesn't make a difference. I still enjoy lifting weights and might someday compete. There's nothing wrong with it not being a "Sport".

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2006, 05:55:19 PM »
When Boats started having engines, sailing became a "sport".
When you could start buying meat at the Supermarket, hunting became a "sport"
When horses were not used for transportation anymore, horseback riding became a "sport"
IF these can be considered a sport, especially horseback riding, then I believe bodybuildin can be
True...bu the difference between those "sports and bodybuilding is that those "sports" take skill and bodybuilding doesn't!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2006, 05:56:26 PM »
Bodybuilding is a sport but Bodybuilding contest i dont believe is a sporting event but rather a figure contest/beauty pagent, having said that though todays bodybuilding has lost much of the beauty and is at times more like a freak show with these synthol assholes and gh gut clowns.
I

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2006, 05:57:11 PM »
What if there was a bodybuilder with lots of money, really smart, monster penis and straight. Can this ever happen?

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2006, 05:57:49 PM »
rofl erm yeah..whatever
for sure everyone has insecurities, lets just say some have more than others  
people like arvilla and robert ziruolo obviously have BIG insecurities to live through the internet, post their pics everydays and being permanently worshipping themselves.
Most weight lifters started due to small man syndrome, but some are just taking that shit too far, and it ends with freaks like bodybuilders who are lifetime juicers, people like gregg valentino and derek anthony, etc
bodybuilding is by definition an extremism, caused by a mental disorder.
Weight lifting and powerlifting are, in my book, different. You do it for health and pride, but showing off on a stage with oil getting cheered by fagots in the audience is just, simply gay.
Surely you cant group all into this catagorie by the stupids acts of a mere few, most bodybuilders whom compete and use gear do so for a reason that is perfectly ok by them , you must reside to the fact that weightlifters and powerlifters also use gear , and the use of it is perfectly ok by there own reasonings,but does this make you hate them as much as a bodybuilder !!!???--NO-- but in your reasoning it should !!
Just about every powerlifter I have meet as been extreme in their approach to the sport ,but not extreme in their eyes only extreme to the uneducated looking in !!!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2006, 06:00:56 PM »
Bodybuilding contests aren't sport and neither is bodybuilding as a hobby. Bodybuilding as a Hobby I.E. lifting weights to build your body is not a sport because 1.It is not a competition and 2.It does not have rules governing it. These two things are required for it to be a sport.

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2006, 06:06:50 PM »
Bodybuilding contests aren't sport and neither is bodybuilding as a hobby. Bodybuilding as a Hobby I.E. lifting weights to build your body is not a sport because 1.It is not a competition and 2.It does not have rules governing it. These two things are required for it to be a sport.
So, what we need to do is change the name from bodybuilding contests to something like no rules bodybuilding display.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2006, 06:08:22 PM »
So, what we need to do is change the name from bodybuilding contests to something like bodybuilding no rules display.

That made absolutely no sense...

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2006, 06:11:49 PM »

and this made sense?  Why have they called it a bodybuilding competition for decades?

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2006, 06:15:23 PM »
and this made sense?  Why have they called it a bodybuilding competition for decades?

Because it is a competition.
Haha. Your reasoning skills are shit. "Competition" doesn't always imply "Sport".

Chess for instance is a competition yet it is not a "sport".
 Poker is a competition yet is not a "sport".
Playing video games is a competition yet not a "sport".

Shit...AMERICAN IDOL is a competition but that damn sure isn't a "sport".

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2006, 06:16:34 PM »
If competitive bodybuilding is a sport, then so is the Miss America pagent, it's as simple as that.

Bingo

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2006, 06:21:47 PM »
is not a sport because 1.It is not a competition

So, is it or isn't it a competition?

analcandy

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2006, 06:25:51 PM »
If competitive bodybuilding is a sport, then so is the Miss America pagent, it's as simple as that.

you said it all.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2006, 06:30:22 PM »
Oh no not again :-\

analcandy

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2006, 06:32:04 PM »
Oh no not again :-\

do you think armwrestling is a sport?

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2006, 06:36:25 PM »
why not, curling is

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2006, 08:27:16 PM »
Yes...anyone can be a "bodybuilder" and be successful at it. Can anyone COMPETE and be successful...no!

first of all that is not me or a gimmick account

any kid can play baseball, can any kid be successful at it no

dictionary.com

search "sport"

E

E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2006, 08:34:06 PM »

there is no competitive physical exertion involved in pageants

flex every single muscle simultaneously for long periods of time

that is physical exertion

being a good poser takes athletic ability

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2006, 08:38:46 PM »
Jag was a real "sportsman" in her day:

lol you have no comeback ;D

crawl back to your little x board where they appreciate you son 8)

E
E

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2006, 08:46:15 PM »
lol you have no comeback ;D
crawl back to your little x board where they appreciate you son 8)
E

Damn....

"pwn3d" by The Earl once again.  :'(

::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2006, 09:14:12 PM »
there is no competitive physical exertion involved in pageants
flex every single muscle simultaneously for long periods of time
that is physical exertion
being a good poser takes athletic ability
E

"there is no competitive physical exertion involved in pageants"......the talent round comes to mind!

"flex every single muscle simultaneously for long periods of time, that is physical exertion"....dude, their flexing for about 10seconds, I'm on toilet for a 20-25min with my laptop doing the same thing!!

"being a good poser takes athletic ability"  that quote just takes the cake!!