Author Topic: SATANIC TEMPLE DEBUTS NEW STATUE!!  (Read 134235 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
SATANIC TEMPLE DEBUTS NEW STATUE!!
« on: July 01, 2015, 07:41:08 AM »
I am glad this Satanic Temple was allowed to be established. Freedom of Religion!!

The Satanic Temple of Detroit debuts massive one-ton Baphomet monument

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/the_satanic_temple_of_detroit_debuts_massive_one-ton_baphomet_monument

If you were not already aware, Detroit, Michigan is the home to the very first national chapter house of The Satanic Temple. Late yesterday, TST released the first photos of a nine-foot, one-ton statue of Baphomet that they hope to display at the State Capitol in Oklahoma.

If you’re wondering why The Satanic Temple is hoping to house the titanic sculpture of Baphomet in Oklahoma’s State Capitol, let me clear that up for you. Although they have yet to be granted permission (and promise to sue the state if request is denied), TST wants Baphomet to sit next to the six-foot tall Ten Commandments statue (built with the help of “private” funding), that has stood on the grounds of the Oklahoma State Capitol since 2012. Coincidently, said statue was smashed up in 2014 by a guy who said he was acting on “Satan’s” orders. The statue was then restored and returned to its original spot at the Capitol. However, in an interesting turn of events late today, it looks like the controversial statue’s days are indeed numbered.

In a decisive 7-2 decision, the Oklahoma Supreme Court ruled that the Ten Commandments statue must be removed as it violates the state’s constitutional ban on the use of public property for the benefit of a religion. While this decision does not bode well for TST, it will be interesting to see how this one shakes out given Oklahoma’s highly conservative constituency. I also wouldn’t be surprised if TST starts looking for a new home for Baphomet. Still, I think it’s safe to say that times are indeed changing in this country. And fast.

The massive statue will be officially unveiled on July 25th at a rather un-satanic sounding spot called Bert’s Warehouse Theater in Detroit, with entertainment provided by DJ William Morrison of Skinny Puppy/OhGr related infamy. Attendance is open to the public and tickets to the event will cost you $25 bucks. VIP tickets will run you $75 and include your very own photo with Baphomet. Dressing to impress satan is also highly encouraged. Nice.
X

falco

• Getbig V
Re: SATANIC TEMPLE DEBUTS NEW STATUE!!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 08:31:15 AM »
    I am probably wrong, but doesn't a religion require a God? baphomet or satan are not a God, he was outcasted by God. So this is bullshit, or should i say goatshit?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 10:18:19 AM »
    I am probably wrong, but doesn't a religion require a God? baphomet or satan are not a God, he was outcasted by God. So this is bullshit, or should i say goatshit?

Call it what you want, it still guarantees a person(s) to construct any building to worship their "religion" in. That is good enough for me.

I obviously do not believe in Satan or Hell or anything like that. But I know the theists  are melting down over this. I love it!  :D :D
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 11:55:49 AM »
Call it what you want, it still guarantees a person(s) to construct any building to worship their "religion" in. That is good enough for me.

I obviously do not believe in Satan or Hell or anything like that. But I know the theists  are melting down over this. I love it!  :D :D

It's just good ole fashioned idolatry....pop on any boob tube and you can find 24 hour, 7 day a week idolatry.   

People wanna worship Satan then let them worship Satan.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 07:59:30 PM »
It's just good ole fashioned idolatry....pop on any boob tube and you can find 24 hour, 7 day a week idolatry.  

People wanna worship Satan then let them worship Satan.

And I am sure they do not care if you think its idolatry.  :D :D

As you stated, they are allowed to worship Satan. But I know the theists are most likely having a fit about this.

Kind of like when a school district allowed parents to hand out Christian pamphlets to students. It was challenged. School board ruled that it was allowed due to freedom of religion and expression, and anyone was allowed to hand out pamphlets. Satanists then started to hand out pamphlets to students lol. Guess what happened? School board put a complete halt to all of it lol. Seems like they really didn't value freedom of expression or religion. Only freedom to express their views, and no one else. Bunch of hypocrites. I love that Satanists went there and started to hand out pamphlets. Expose their hypocrisy.
X

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 04:10:36 AM »
Poor old satan gets a raw deal in most religious Literature. You never get to hear his side of the story. All you get told is that he was an angel who rebelled against god and then got sent to hell for it...perhaps he was well within his rights to rebel against him? Maybe god wanted him to inflict another plague on humanity, or flood the world again in a fit of rage? There's no biblical record of Satan committing any genocide or murder of any kind, people can worship him if they want to in my opinion...it's all bullshit anyway.

Maybe the perception that Christians have of God isn't the perception that God has of himself and humans. Maybe Christians have themselves (me included) in high regard whereas God perceive us like some puny little shits who are lucky to walk His earth. Maybe God's moto to everything (satan, humans, whatever) is:
"It's my way or the highway"
Maybe we think we have a friend whatching for us all and it's really not that the case. Maybe we are not worthy His attention.
How can God allow a site like Getbig.com to exist?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 08:41:09 AM »
And I am sure they do not care if you think its idolatry.  :D :D

As you stated, they are allowed to worship Satan. But I know the theists are most likely having a fit about this.

Kind of like when a school district allowed parents to hand out Christian pamphlets to students. It was challenged. School board ruled that it was allowed due to freedom of religion and expression, and anyone was allowed to hand out pamphlets. Satanists then started to hand out pamphlets to students lol. Guess what happened? School board put a complete halt to all of it lol. Seems like they really didn't value freedom of expression or religion. Only freedom to express their views, and no one else. Bunch of hypocrites. I love that Satanists went there and started to hand out pamphlets. Expose their hypocrisy.

Nah, Satanists don't care at all.

School board don't care either.

The upholding of each of our rights is often subjectively based.

Even though I'm completely opposed to Satanism I do agree that the additional exposure of the general hypocrisy is probably a good thing.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 08:42:02 AM »
Maybe that's exactly why the entire concept of religion is nonsense.

Agreed to a point.  My objection is concentrated on the nonsense of some organized religion (Christianity included).  

Atheists deeming the whole of religion nonsense is pretty much the norm.  Despite any length of discussion, when all is said and done, it often concludes with that exact sentiment.

It's regrettable for me personally, for the sake of the atheist that rejects it, because I do genuinely do care for them.  Unfortunately I'm powerless against it.  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 02:39:01 PM »
Nah, Satanists don't care at all.

School board don't care either.

The upholding of each of our rights is often subjectively based.

Even though I'm completely opposed to Satanism I do agree that the additional exposure of the general hypocrisy is probably a good thing.

The Satanists didn't care. They purposely did it to expose the hypocrisy of the school boards so called mantra of "Freedom of Religion and/or Expression."
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 03:56:49 PM »
Agreed to a point.  My objection is concentrated on the nonsense of some organized religion (Christianity included).  

Atheists deeming the whole of religion nonsense is pretty much the norm.  Despite any length of discussion, when all is said and done, it often concludes with that exact sentiment.

It's regrettable for me personally, for the sake of the atheist that rejects it, because I do genuinely do care for them. Unfortunately I'm powerless against it.  

Bullshit. You don't care about atheists. You pity them and feel bad for them (not that I need your pity or sympathy).

Theres a big difference  between genuine care and pity.

Cut the crap.
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 02:44:00 PM »
Bullshit. You don't care about atheists. You pity them and feel bad for them (not that I need your pity or sympathy).

Theres a big difference  between genuine care and pity.

Cut the crap.

I care a great deal about the atheists of this board and others in my non-online life as well.

A militant atheist like Hitchens or Dawkins I do pity.  There's no hope for them as their choices are set and they dedicate their lives to fighting tooth and nail against theists and Christ....it's a different level of mega-intense atheism.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 04:53:52 PM »
I care a great deal about the atheists of this board and others in my non-online life as well.

A militant atheist like Hitchens or Dawkins I do pity.  There's no hope for them as their choices are set and they dedicate their lives to fighting tooth and nail against theists and Christ....it's a different level of mega-intense atheism.

No hope for them? Hope to become theists? I am sure they do not hope to become theists.

And their choices are not set. Dawkins always said he would change his opinion when presented with scientific evidence.

Same with me in that regard. There is no hope for me except to provide me with scientific evidence.

But since that is not possible since you can't test faith in a lab, there is no "hope" for me and I am fine with that.

But I am not a militant atheist and I don't fight tooth and nail. Don't have time for that. I put my efforts elsewhere.
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 06:09:15 AM »
No hope for them? Hope to become theists? I am sure they do not hope to become theists.

And their choices are not set. Dawkins always said he would change his opinion when presented with scientific evidence.

Same with me in that regard. There is no hope for me except to provide me with scientific evidence.

But since that is not possible since you can't test faith in a lab, there is no "hope" for me and I am fine with that.

But I am not a militant atheist and I don't fight tooth and nail. Don't have time for that. I put my efforts elsewhere.

Exactly there is a difference between yourself and say Dawkins.

I would certainly live out my faith before someone like Dawkins, share my terstimony of Christ but beyond that he's heard the gospel from many others and full rejected it based on a lack of impossible scientific evidence.   You and Dawkins both demand scientific evidence and that isn't how God works.   You both reject his terms and demand your own.   Can't produce God in a lab.  Your life and who you are isn't defined by atheism.   You wouldn't be publically introduced as an atheist even though you align with atheism.   Dawkins is though...big difference.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2015, 06:58:10 AM »
Exactly there is a difference between yourself and say Dawkins.

I would certainly live out my faith before someone like Dawkins, share my terstimony of Christ but beyond that he's heard the gospel from many others and full rejected it based on a lack of impossible scientific evidence.   You and Dawkins both demand scientific evidence and that isn't how God works.   You both reject his terms and demand your own.   Can't produce God in a lab.  Your life and who you are isn't defined by atheism.   You wouldn't be publically introduced as an atheist even though you align with atheism.   Dawkins is though...big difference.

How is that any difference than a person being defined by their theism?  ::) ::) Seems like you just want to criticize Dawkins for being defined by his atheism, yet youre okay with people being defined by their theism. Epic hypocrisy.
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2015, 09:33:18 AM »
How is that any difference than a person being defined by their theism?  ::) ::) Seems like you just want to criticize Dawkins for being defined by his atheism, yet youre okay with people being defined by their theism. Epic hypocrisy.

I don't speak for or represent all theists.

Although personally I'm absolutely defined by my theism as much or probably more than Dawkins is his militant atheism.

You're not understanding me I don't think and that's ok.

Both Dawkins and myself are at a ptoint where we aren't changing. ...me more than Dawkins most likely.  Something miraculous might change Dawkins for Christ....nothing will turn me from Christ.

My faith will be tested and has been tested.   It won't be removed.  My life is for Christ first and foremost.

Others are atheists or theists but that doesn't define them like me and Dawkins or Hitchens.

A lot theists and atheists teeter on the brink of agnosticism.   Not the case for myself or Dawkins.  We're both unyielding...is what it is but no hypocrisy.   I know you're eager to slap that label on me.  ;)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 02:59:18 PM »
I don't speak for or represent all theists.

Although personally I'm absolutely defined by my theism as much or probably more than Dawkins is his militant atheism.

You're not understanding me I don't think and that's ok.

Both Dawkins and myself are at a ptoint where we aren't changing. ...me more than Dawkins most likely.  Something miraculous might change Dawkins for Christ....nothing will turn me from Christ.

My faith will be tested and has been tested.   It won't be removed.  My life is for Christ first and foremost.

Others are atheists or theists but that doesn't define them like me and Dawkins or Hitchens.

A lot theists and atheists teeter on the brink of agnosticism.   Not the case for myself or Dawkins.  We're both unyielding...is what it is but no hypocrisy.   I know you're eager to slap that label on me.  ;)

So it's okay that you're a militant theist, but not okay for Dawkins to be a militant atheist. Typical religious hypocrisy.
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2015, 11:15:03 AM »
So it's okay that you're a militant theist, but not okay for Dawkins to be a militant atheist. Typical religious hypocrisy.

Either you're still not understanding what I'm saying or you're attempting to force an idea into my words that isn't there...not sure which.

Regardless, I said that I'm even more defined by my theism than Dawkins is by his militant atheism.   There's not an ounce of hypocrisy there. 

Look, I'm know you're attempting to set your case for this new "theist hypocrisy" theme you're pushing, but you're not gonna find much help in affirming that notion from me....sorry.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 11:33:56 AM »
Dawkins is an agnostic atheist. As is pretty much everyone, with the exception of Hitchens, who fully admitted that even if god was real, he'd tell him to piss off lol.
The difference between you and someone like Dawkins, Is the willingness to face reality and question things. Dawkins has said, and i share the same sentiments, that if there is any proof whatsoever, any shred of scientific evidence that can validate the bible and it's stories, then his opinion would most likely change.
You differ here, in that you say there is NOTHING that can sway your belief in Christ/god...so even if scriptures were found that proved the bible was a work of fiction, or science made an amazing breakthrough and discovered all there was to know about the universe, disproving god....you'd STILL cling to the desperate hope of Christ and the bible being real....this is deluded to the point of insanity, and i'm not saying that to intentionally be a dick and offend you.

You cannot talk for "god" and have no authority or legitimate basis for saying things like "that isn't how God works.   You both reject his terms and demand your own", as you have absolutely nothing to go by in order to make this claim, other than an extreme hope that you are right.
You are entitled to think what you like, but in my opinion, it's weak, it's lazy and it's a refusal to face reality.

Dawkins himself identifies as a militant atheist and his actions demonstrate that.  The following are not the words of a soft atheist LOL:

Dawkins has been quoted with the following, “I am a fairly militant atheist, with a fair degree of active hostility toward religion. I certainly was hostile toward it at school, from the age of about sixteen onwards. I mellowed a bit in my twenties and thirties. But I’m getting more militant again now.”

So Dawkins reality is more real than mine?  Why is that?  

Our worldviews differ and our perceptions of reality are based upon our experiences and education.

Validate the bible and it’s stories?   We have a ton of archeological evidence to consider that validates names, places and events from scripture.

Ok, so I’ll continue to wait patiently for the competing literature that fully invalidates scripture, negates fulfilled prophecy, negates the promises of Christ fulfilled in believers today, negates the presence of the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers, negates the resurrection of Christ, negates the biblical testimonies in scripture, etc…..

We have the gnostic Gospel of Thomas and the Jesus Seminar “Q” material and Bart Ehrman’s anti-scriptural works or Richard Carrier’s attempts to invalidate scripture.  Even youtube atheist Brian Sapient ("sapient"  ;D ::) ) has a website dedicated to "curing theism".  There are scores of materials devoted to exactly this sentiment and yet none of them are sufficient debunking tools…they just provide an alternative…nothing more.  Despite all of Ehrman's published works he affirms the following within an interview in the 4rd edition in the appendix (on pg 252) of his most famous work "Misquoting Jesus":

"Bruce Metzger is one of the great scholars of modern times, and I dedicated the book to him because he was both my inspiration for going into textual criticism and the person who trained me in the field. I have nothing but respect and admiration for him. And even though we may disagree on important religious questions – he is a firmly committed Christian and I am not – we are in complete agreement on a number of very important historical and textual questions. If he and I were put in a room and asked to hammer out a consensus statement on what we think the original text of the New Testament probably looked like, there would be very few points of disagreement – maybe one or two dozen places out of many thousands.  The position I argue for in ‘Misquoting Jesus’ does not actually stand at odds with Prof. Metzger’s position that the essential Christian beliefs are not affected by textual variants in the manuscript tradition of the New Testament."

No matter how many different works become New York Times Bestsellers I will still challenge all the scholarly erudition devoted to theological “debunking” via the ever present, tangible presence of the Lord being felt by believers worldwide today.  

I’m sorry, but I find the rampantly overused cliché that I’m not willing to “face reality and question things” absolutely laughable.   Man, that’s all I do.

“you'd STILL cling to the desperate hope of Christ and the bible being real....this is deluded to the point of insanity, and i'm not saying that to intentionally be a dick and offend you.”  

LOL, of course you aren’t.

I have every basis for saying exactly what I do because every bit of it is grounded in Jesus Christ and his commands to go forward and spread the gospel and openly defend the joy and faith we have in him.  

"it's weak, it's lazy and it's a refusal to face reality"

The fact of the matter is that a 12-year old girl who is a believer in Christ and understands how to share her faith could lead the entire population of unbelievers in the United States to Christ in a day if those she spoke to would be willing to surrender of themselves and humble themselves before Jesus Christ and abide by his terms instead of their own as outlined in scripture.  They could all come to an understanding of the concrete revelation of God's reality.....they simply refuse to follow and most don't want Christ.   They're just fine without a "sky Daddy" and his "grimoire" (as avxo puts it).  Further we have men like Hitchens that even if Jesus Christ would've appeared before him he would've spat in his face and vehemently rejected him.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2015, 02:11:39 PM »

Who garners more pity worthiness... Hitchens/Dawkins..who came to their conclusions with rational thought or the little old lady sending her SSN check to a millionaire televangelist then eating cat food for dinner?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 02:26:13 PM »
Who garners more pity worthiness... Hitchens/Dawkins..who came to their conclusions with rational thought or the little old lady sending her SSN check to a millionaire televangelist then eating cat food for dinner?

Mark 12:41-44

41 And He sat down opposite the treasury, and began observing how the people were putting money into the treasury; and many rich people were putting in large sums. 42 A poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which amount to a cent. 43 Calling His disciples to Him, He said to them, “Truly I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all the contributors to the treasury; 44 for they all put in out of their surplus, but she, out of her poverty, put in all she owned, all she had to live on.”

I guess it just depends what you value most in this life and whom you choose to serve.  The woman in your example has chosen to serve God in an act of complete selflessness.  You see a fool.  I see a gracious, loving hero for the kingdom!!  The world needs less Kaitlyn Jenners and more cat ladies.  

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2015, 09:19:20 AM »
When the UFO reality(Disclosure)does come out. Then you will realize the Devil Satan was infact not from this Earth.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2015, 09:27:02 AM »
Devils,Faries,Goblins are infact witness accounts of meetings or seeing beings we do not understand.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2015, 11:13:56 AM »
Dawkins may well be militant, but that's beside the point in him being agnostic to the extent that he says if any evidence is found to give religion any validation at all, then he's willing to change his mind. You've said the opposite. "Something miraculous might change Dawkins for Christ....nothing will turn me from Christ."

So tell me how that is living in reality? I asked IF any evidence is found, which proves that God and Jesus do not and did not exist, would you still keep your faith? If the answer is yes, then what is that saying about the reality you're living in?

What was reality like for the religious locked in concentration camps, who prayed every day for help? or for the kids who took refuge in Rwandan churches, before being hacked to death under a crucifix? You like to believe that Jesus decided to show up for a short time, a few thousand years ago, perform a few miracles and assure people that he's there for them. And the only way for you to still hold onto this belief is to let go of reality, because he's not here now. He's not here for the millions who need a miracle every day, and despite what you convince yourself, he's not there for you. You've never seen him, or heard him, you've just reassured yourself that everything's going to be ok.

The only way for the religious to try and deal with the fact that the bible makes all these claims that this stuff happened once, but never again, is to convince yourself with thoughts like "god transcends the universe" Or to take a Solipsistic view that maybe everything is all one big test, and the only reality there is, is the one going on inside your head. Look around you, show me ONE piece of evidence that god gives a shit about what's going on in the world that he supposedly made? show me ONE piece of proof that he's listening to you....if you can talk to him, go ask him to show himself to me tonight. It worked in the bible, so why shouldn't it work now?

i think that people need to start being more militant and outspoken towards organised religion. And i don't mean any negativity towards individuals as people have the right to think what they like, and people cannot help what culture they are born into, but religion has no right to act as an authority on how we are to live, it has no business at all being in our schools to brainwash kids into a life of hatred, fear, confusion and ignorance. It has no rights influencing our laws, what we can and can't do with our bodies or anything else.

It is a poison. I'm still relatively young, but i've been around the world and i've seen first hand what religion is. I may have said it before, but at best it is a false courage, It's a way for people to cope with the difficult aspects of life by convincing themselves that things are going to be better. At it's worst and most frequent, It's a divisive, oppressive tool for power, which is used by the smart, to control the weak. Look how it's influenced you with your last comment. You'd rather the world had less transsexuals and more gullible old women to be extorted out of the little money they have, to make rich charlatans even richer.

Here's a quote i'm sure you'll recognise. "Religion now comes to us in this smiley-face ingratiating way, because it has had to give so much ground and because we know so much more. But you have no right to forget the way it behaved when it was strong, and when it really did believe that it had God on its side."

Thanks to a more militant approach to challenging this bullshit, we are slowly starting to move away from these crazy stories that have held civilisation back and damaged it for so long. I hope that the rest of the world can start to do this too.

The more I engage with you, despite having different opinions and worldviews (which is fine), you seem like a reasonable man….a normal guy.

Let me ask you a personal question if you don’t mind.   If you could come to understand the reality of the sovereign creator of the universe would you want to?  

I will respond to your reply, but I would like to understand something else first.   I’m not here preaching “religion”.   Religion is a catch-all term used to represent all manner of religious belief, event, individual, school of thought, theology, practice, god(s), etc….  

Who I represent is Jesus Christ.  

Further I take no responsibility for the evil actions of the Catholic church, Westboro Baptist church, the witch trials, the crusades or any evil act performed in the name of god(s).   I also assume no responsibility for the general evil of men.  Not an ounce of it represents Jesus Christ no matter how fervently some might claim it sources from him.

So I ask first, if you could come to know and understand the reality of Christ today would you want to?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2015, 07:44:25 AM »
Define "Come to know the reality of Jesus Christ today..."

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2015, 11:50:19 AM »
Sure, i understand, and i wouldn't ever group you personally, in with the most disgusting parts of religion. I get that this is just your faith, that you're passionate about. It's just that i cannot see it how you see it. I see no truth in it at all.

With regards to your question, I feel that i already have found the reality of God these days. I grew up with religion being taught to me in school, I used to believe in it, and through life experience i came to reject it. I would love to be proved wrong, I would genuinely like for it all to be real, But no amount of deep concentration could convince me that i'm doing anything other than talking to myself. I would need to see something miraculous, like the types mentioned in the bible, in order for me to change my mind.

That's fair.  I've spoken to many folks that have had experiences growing up in the church or a church-type setting and completely walked away from that former life.  Said they just didn't find anything worth sticking around for.  People have some very bad experiences with religion or a church....it's unfortunate how believers screw things up.  Problem with churches is that they are all still full of sinners!!  ;)  Some have no bad experience with church, but they simply took little or nothing from the experience often entering a university situation and identifying with what they learned there more so than any sunday school and/or vacation bible school lesson of the past.  They aren't mad at the church, but they certainly don't support it either.  I'm not critical of that....I understand it.

If you look at scripture all sorts of folks witnessed the miraculous before their eyes and yet were not convinced of anything....both old and new testaments show this.  Even the disciples that followed Christ from place to place experiencing these impossible situations still remained in doubt and fear.  Christ outright told his disciples he would be taken, killed and would rise in three days and despite all they had seen their reaction wasn't one of confidence....it was fear.  They constantly questioned Christ, they demonstrated that their faith was weak, they quibbled over who was the greatest and after all they saw, experienced and learned directly from Christ they fled in fear when put to the test.  Seemingly the greatest of the disciples in Peter outright denied Christ repeatedly.  And even after Christ fulfilled all he had said and appeared before his disciples (less Thomas) after he rose from the dead, Thomas later rejected the words of his constituents and refused to believe unless he put his hand in Christ's wound and saw his wounds with his own eyes.  As Christ would later tell Thomas, blessed are those that believe, but have not seen.....that's us.

So what is it today that makes a difference in believers?  What changed the disciples?  

The disciples literally went from fear, skepticism, rejection and flee to becoming the world's boldest, most courageous, most enthusiastic spreaders of Christ's message the world has even known and they willingly went to their deaths in pursuit of this goal...this great commission.  

What changed is something I find extremely quaint in scripture.  Jesus tells his disciples that when he has returned to the divine the Father would send "his helper".  His "helper" or advocate is the Holy Spirit.  The third person or expression of God's divine nature.  The same Holy Spirit that raised Jesus Christ from the dead was referred to as "a helper" LOL....I love that.   :) It was at the Festival of Pentecost that the Holy Spirit arrived and indwelled Christ's believers for the first time. Literally, the Holy Spirit of God began to live within the believer and began a glorious change in each individual...a work of sanctification that left each believer radically and irrevocably changed.  It was here that the disciples went forth with boldness and courage and through the Holy Spirit's inspiration and guidance began to perform incredible works in Christ's name and began fulfilling the great commission leading folks to Christ so that they too could be indwelled and emboldened by the same Holy Spirit of God.  Their perceptions of this life changed almost instantly and their hearts became desirous for the the Lord's will and not their own.  The tangible presence of the Holy Spirit was made manifest for all believers and the reality of God's existence forever known.  

It's within this sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit that our faith matures, solidifies and becomes something different.  Not blind, but concrete and confident, but full of love and hope and peace and a desire for others to understand the same.  I can help lead folks to Christ, but they must want to follow and seek him in humility with a heart desirous to know him.  A desire to turn from those things that are considered sinful by the very same God.  

It's through Jesus Christ's act on Calvary's cross that we are redeemed and made righteous and indwelled and sanctified by the Holy Spirit.  We are justified before the very throne of God the Father and saved from his wrath and judgment.  I thank him everyday for his saving grace.  Today, my simple and honest desire is to lovingly lead others to the same understanding that I have of God's wonderful and powerful existence so that they too can delight in his saving grace.