Author Topic: Mayorga (boxing champion, surely a getbigger:-) insists he truly is a "nice" guy  (Read 460 times)

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
Infamous trash talker, and most disrespectful clown in the history of boxing IMO, gave the following statement to boxingscene.com, and says he's misunderstood:

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/mayorga-says-people-wrong-hes-really-nice-guy--93052#ixzz3emu13olb
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Former two-division world champion Ricardo Mayorga (31-8-1, 25KOs), 41-years-old, says people got him wrong when discussing his character. Mayorga insists that he's a very nice guy.

Mayorga is regarded as one of the best trash talkers in boxing, past or present. from drinking beers and smoking cigarettes after a fight, to intentionally allowing his opponents to hit him, a fight involving Mayorga will always have entertainment - and the pre-fight trash talk is usually the best part of the promotion.

"People are very wrong about me. People think I'm vulgar and hateful, but that's my job. I get paid in the United States offend the opponent, talk trash. That is my job, it's what makes me win a lot of money for myself," Mayorga said. "I do not like anyone f***ing with me, so I do not f*** with anyone. But everyone will have their character."