Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
August 16, 2018, 07:57:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HIT to volume  (Read 622 times)
oldtimer1
Getbig V

Getbig!

« on: December 20, 2017, 07:03:47 PM »

Anyone make the switch from HIT to volume?  There is no real definition of HIT so I will call it low sets to failure. Something like one to a max of 3 sets per exercise.  I've been training forever and I'm definitely in the low set camp. The reason I bring it up is that I'm thinking about doing something different.

I've been noticing a lot of in shape guys using moderate weights with a short rest between sets. Making a light weight heavy so to speak. It seems the sets go like this. Four to six sets an exercise. The first sets are no where near exhaustion but the final set is. So five sets of an exercise might look like this. Set one is ten reps. Set two is ten reps. Set three the fatigue is building and ten is near exhaustion. Set four is ten but it's getting really hard. Set five failure comes at 8 reps.

The owner of my gym bought it up with me. He said I train really hard but he said getting a pump is part of the training and I'm training like I'm a power lifter.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!