Author Topic: Sandow sold on Ebay bought by Aaron Singerman  (Read 10615 times)

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Getbig IV
Re: Sandow sold on Ebay bought by Aaron Singerman
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2015, 11:30:11 AM »
He didn't earn anything, anyone could have bought that.

The comments on his Instagram mostly commend him for earning it. Clearly a different crowd posting there.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2015, 11:34:49 AM »
The comments on his Instagram mostly commend him for earning it. Clearly a different crowd posting there.

Yes. A crowd of nut hugging buffoons.

This is like getting a "participation" award, but not because you did anything, but because you bought the ribbon for your kid.

He just keeps doing dumber and dumber things with his money.

This one takes the cake though... maybe the dumbest thing I've heard of.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2015, 01:49:14 AM »
Anyone interested in selling their Musclemania trophy? I'd love to put it next to my floor fan as a conversation starter.

Plastic 1 ?.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2015, 01:52:51 AM »
Looks brass to me same metal on a gerber shower valve body. A chinese knockoff

Falcon, buy 3 -D printer &  start Sandow production line .............Goodrum could sell them for you  ;)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2015, 03:08:06 AM »
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060803230342AAEHfdg

Bronze used in sculpture can be composed of many substances to attain various desired qualities. It is even possible to get a gold colour if mixed with the right metals.

The Sandow has a patina and often then get waxed to prevent oxidation. The patina can be a brown, black, green or gold colour.

Brass is copper with zinc while Bronze is copper with tin and other substances.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2015, 04:12:58 AM »
A lot of hate for a guy who just bought (assuming it is kosher) a piece of bodybuilding memorabilia.

People do this all the time in all types of popular culture.  A Sandow represents the pinnacle of bodybuilding achievement so to look at this and be inspired makes perfect sense to me.  It doesn't mean he thinks he is Mr O, it is just a beautiful statue that was part of history and one man's moment of greatness.

I wouldn't want Philsulin's trophy or ghetto Dex, but something from my heroes like Haney / Bannout would speak to the teenage bodybuilder still lurking inside me.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2015, 04:15:46 AM »
A lot of hate for a guy who just bought (assuming it is kosher) a piece of bodybuilding memorabilia.

People do this all the time in all types of popular culture.  A Sandow represents the pinnacle of bodybuilding achievement so to look at this and be inspired makes perfect sense to me.  It doesn't mean he thinks he is Mr O, it is just a beautiful statue that was part of history and one man's moment of greatness.

I wouldn't want Philsulin's trophy or ghetto Dex, but something from my heroes like Haney / Bannout would speak to the teenage bodybuilder still lurking inside me.

Only gay if you want it to be.

lastrep

• Getbig III
  • One Last Rep!
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2015, 04:25:23 AM »

Sure, but he said he EARNED it. Big difference between being a collector Bob, and as someone else said "buying the red participation ribbon" and claiming you were on the team.

Hope this helps.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2015, 04:27:53 AM »
Didn't everybody hate this kid's guts when he was "reporting" for RX Muscle?

I remember his articles. He has the grammatical capacity of a middle schooler, yet nobody was cognizant of this and the pieces were never proofread properly.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2015, 06:49:46 AM »
Sure, but he said he EARNED it. Big difference between being a collector Bob, and as someone else said "buying the red participation ribbon" and claiming you were on the team.

Hope this helps.

The Smokey & the Bandit Trans Am was auctioned off for about half a million bucks recently.  If I'd wanted it and could afford to drop that amount of money in an indulgence surely I can think I have earned it via my hard work and feel proud that I can invest in something that gives me a buzz?

It's not the same as "earning" it the real way, but earning your cash so that you can pay homage to something that inspires you seems to me to allow one to write "I've earned it".  He didn't come out and try to put himself on par with a Mr O winner I assume?

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2015, 07:23:02 AM »
Say what you will, but buying a trophy for a pastime which, at its core, involves taking lots of drugs and dying young, takes a special kind of retard.

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2015, 10:06:01 AM »

Not hate...just confusion I guess.

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2022, 08:43:25 PM »

Fast forward to about minute 11:12 for the real story about the sandow.  Apparently lying aaron that melvin just loves to blow and defend on here sold a fake sandow on ebay to himself as part of his bs schtick.  Just a junkie liar.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2022, 09:28:46 PM »

Fast forward to about minute 11:12 for the real story about the sandow.  Apparently lying aaron that melvin just loves to blow and defend on here sold a fake sandow on ebay to himself as part of his bs schtick.  Just a junkie liar.

muscle, smoke and mirrors