Author Topic: What period of life was most challenging?  (Read 3410 times)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Re: What period of life was most challenging?
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2015, 02:08:59 AM »
Did get into financial troubles end of 2008 and even got the forms for bankruptcy through the door and my houses got repossessed....nailed a consultancy contract in the City last minute and had to move to London with zero money...living in shitty hostels and sometimes even sleeping in the car, next day suited and booted in canary wharf prertending all is ok and focusing on work and impressing my clients, did this for two months which to me felt like forever at the time....til I got my first invoice paid, it was 11k and the first of 6 invoices coming my way, from that split second all the hardship forgotten was in a brand new rented apartment by the office within days all my clothes dry cleaned and I smelling like Aqua Di Gio, ordered some tren and that summer I was ripped and partied so hard I still smile at the memories today.

thanks for your honesty, that must have been a stressful time for you.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2015, 02:28:33 AM »
Only challenge that would be worth noting I consider a health related challenge. Anything else is no challanges, if you are healthy - nothing is really challenging enough to make a big deal off it. Of course, people create many troubles for themselves and then solve them, have a lot of stress, but many of these you can avoid if act smart (and have a good family that supports you during a tough time).

Simple Simon

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2015, 02:33:13 AM »
I overslept for work one morning which in itself wasnt a major concern, however it was compounded when I snapped my shoelace in a rush to get my shoes on.

If this has happened to you you will know my pain.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2015, 03:04:09 AM »
I overslept for work one morning which in itself wasnt a major concern, however it was compounded when I snapped my shoelace in a rush to get my shoes on.

Try that one on a night shift when you can't even go to a shop for a new one  :'(

Simple Simon

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2015, 03:09:05 AM »
and the only string you can find is gardners twine that keep unravelling when you try and thread it through the lace holes.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2015, 03:10:14 AM »
and the only string you can find is gardners twine that keep unravelling when you try and thread it through the lace holes.

Should have used your wife's pubes  ;D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2015, 03:11:29 AM »

I also overslept once while sleeping at a thai girl's place (not a prostitute). I arrived at work 2 minutes before I was supposed to be there. Stressful as hell.

Simple Simon

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2015, 03:12:36 AM »
I also overslept once while sleeping at a thai girl's place (not a girl). I arrived at work 2 minutes before I was supposed to be there. Stressful as hell.

fixed

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2015, 03:57:09 AM »
If you have a strong family backing you up, life is way, way easier.

Life is easy when you live your parents basement
a

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2015, 04:03:46 AM »
Life is easy when you live your parents basement

Living in your parents basement is non-living.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2015, 04:07:35 AM »
Living in your parents basement is non-living.

That's accurate.
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2015, 03:10:48 PM »
No periods, just events.

If you have a solid base, eg, education, money, confidence and health, you'll rarely find life 'challenging'.

There many challenging issues which can occur in life that do not pertain to the solid base you suggest.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2015, 03:26:11 PM »
Did get into financial troubles end of 2008 and even got the forms for bankruptcy through the door and my houses got repossessed....nailed a consultancy contract in the City last minute and had to move to London with zero money...living in shitty hostels and sometimes even sleeping in the car, next day suited and booted in canary wharf prertending all is ok and focusing on work and impressing my clients, did this for two months which to me felt like forever at the time....til I got my first invoice paid, it was 11k and the first of 6 invoices coming my way, from that split second all the hardship forgotten was in a brand new rented apartment by the office within days all my clothes dry cleaned and I smelling like Aqua Di Gio, ordered some tren and that summer I was ripped and partied so hard I still smile at the memories today.

My Middle Eastern Hebrew brotha why is your gender female?  Just lookin' out.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2015, 04:12:36 PM »
No periods, just events.

If you have a solid base, eg, education, money, confidence and health, you'll rarely find life 'challenging'.

You need to learn your limits, what you have inside you to fall back on and to trust yourself. Trust come from confidence and confidence comes from learning from your failures and adapting to those.

I know if I want to get up at 3am and do 10 miles in the snow wearing just a t shirt and track pants, that I can do it. 7 days a week. Not months on end, but at least a good while. I trust myself and have confidence in that trust.

I don't know your age but you sound like a young kid. It's pointless trying to explain 'Life' to you as you can't teach it, you need to live it first. But here's a good start;

You don't know nothing.

Thanks.  Im 28, and I can begin to understand your post.  Particularly regarding recognizing ones own limits... I've only recently started learning the importance of doing so.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2015, 04:20:11 PM »
getting really sick with colitis at 13 and thinking at one point it would never get any better.

Being stuck with a woman I fucking hate because of not wanting to hurt the kids or miss out on time with them

The colitis was Bad.
The 2nd one must be Freaking Terrible Everyday.
Thankfully you have your children to bring the fun & happiness.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2015, 04:26:57 PM »
My Middle Eastern Hebrew brotha why is your gender female?  Just lookin' out.

Well spotted.
Good detective work.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2015, 06:11:47 PM »
Being stuck with a woman I fucking hate because of not wanting to hurt the kids or miss out on time with them

If your being serious about this and it is ongoing and not just circumstantial, you all might be better off if you and your wife parted ways. You say you don't want to hurt the kids, but when mom and dad pretty much hate each other, they are hurting the kids.

My mom and stepdad were together for 30 years. Their fights were epic....like a "War of the World," which didn't exactly set a good example for us kids. One of my sisters has been married 5 times and is looking for a 6th. My other sister had two relationships that were so volatile that the police were frequently involved, much like our parents. Somehow, I went in another direction and was lucky to be married to a wonderful woman for almost 51 years.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2015, 06:15:13 PM »
I don't know your age but you sound like a young kid. It's pointless trying to explain 'Life' to you as you can't teach it, you need to live it first. But here's a good start;

You don't know nothing.

Nobody does when it comes to new challenges. This doesn't only apply to younger folk. We learn something new everyday we are alive whether we know it or not.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2015, 06:10:47 AM »

That's a nightmare to live in. I know a few similar guys. Got kids very young, now are a walking dead, hate their wifes, but can't leave being responsible parents. Fucked up. The more I live, the more I realize that most people are really struggling/having difficult time basically each day in various fields of life, and I start to feel extremely lucky to be able to live the life that I live (stress free life). I have my dark times either, but it's just silly/white mans "issues" when I compare to situations like these.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2015, 06:12:54 AM »
The 45 seconds when I had the most hilarious first reply to a thread.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2015, 12:23:39 PM »
It's getting harder and harder......this is the answer.