Author Topic: It amazes me..  (Read 11334 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Re: Pyramid your flat benches for size
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2015, 04:48:08 PM »
To build enormous pecs I personally recommend pyramiding sets on the flat bench. I like to start with 135 for 25 reps as a warm up, and add weight every set until I get to 500 or above for 3 to 4 reps. I will wrap it up with a single once a month just to keep my power intact.
great way to tear your chest
Good work
w

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2015, 04:50:15 PM »
great to see some fresh and interesting training material posted up here for a change

thanks KM!!
"

Kenpo Machine

• Getbig II
« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2015, 05:29:58 PM »
great way to tear your chest
Good work
lol...do you even lift?

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2015, 05:51:24 PM »
The Lex Reeves gimmick was better.

Juruth

• Getbig III
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2015, 06:25:26 PM »
The International Society of Joggers Committed to Benching and Curling (ISJCBC) is currently reviewing individuals for membership.  The ISJCBC is an elite group of evolved males who strive to build the "ideal" physique via long distance jogging, flat benching, and ez-bar curling.  No other exercises are permitted, nor are steroids.  Please IM me for more info.

BTW, I am the president and charter member.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2015, 07:58:38 PM »
This must be the "muscle confusion" principles at work. Your muscles are too confused because with all of the various rep schemes, they don't know whether to grow, get "cuts" or to get "power". You need to standardize on a rep scheme that fits your goals.

Haha, give it a try when you're feeling particularly sound of mind.  I assure you, your brain and muscles alike will soon be as addled as I.

Kenpo Machine

• Getbig II
It's astonishing what can be achieved....
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2015, 08:00:44 PM »
...with a pile of rusty weights and a Sears exercise bike. I'm not ashamed to say I had a humble beginning in life. Everything I've amassed- the money, the properties, the stock  portfolio, the travel around the world- is the product of blood, sweat and tears. Nothing was handed to me. I had lousy alcoholic parents and I was raised by the television. My real parents were Happy Days and Sandord And Son. While the other guys had access to fancy gyms, I was in a dark corner of the cellar with a rusty old pile of weights and a Sears exercise bike on it's last legs. But through an iron will and unrelenting desire I forged a monster of a physique with these implements. I benched and curled and rowed and squatted until my eyeballs were bleeding. Every workout an exercise in exploring the outer edges of human will. Many a night I crawled up those cellar stairs beaten like a mongrel dog, only to return to the torture chamber the next day. The tattered posters of Arnold and Franco and Jusup looking down upon me in grim approval as I once again clenched my calloused hands around the cold, steel, unforgiving barbell.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Re: It's astonishing what can be achieved....
« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2015, 01:32:36 AM »
Sounds amazing

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2015, 01:46:40 AM »
Luxury.  When I was a kid all I had were a few rocks that I bought at a garage sale and for cardio I'd push start the old man's car every morning so he could get to the liquor store, then run along behind it, and push start it again when he came out of the liquor store.  Then I'd run home for a gruelling rock session before my evening thrashing and supper of water soup, served cold.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: July 14, 2015, 02:05:01 AM »

Everything I've amassed- the money, the properties,

Amigo, well of people don't share apartment with 3 others like you do ........................ .......... ;D

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2015, 02:25:55 AM »
the product of Blood, Sweat and Tears.

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2015, 02:31:06 AM »
...with a pile of rusty weights and a Sears exercise bike. I'm not ashamed to say I had a humble beginning in life. Everything I've amassed- the money, the properties, the stock  portfolio, the travel around the world- is the product of blood, sweat and tears. Nothing was handed to me. I had lousy alcoholic parents and I was raised by the television. My real parents were Happy Days and Sandord And Son. While the other guys had access to fancy gyms, I was in a dark corner of the cellar with a rusty old pile of weights and a Sears exercise bike on it's last legs. But through an iron will and unrelenting desire I forged a monster of a physique with these implements. I benched and curled and rowed and squatted until my eyeballs were bleeding. Every workout an exercise in exploring the outer edges of human will. Many a night I crawled up those cellar stairs beaten like a mongrel dog, only to return to the torture chamber the next day. The tattered posters of Arnold and Franco and Jusup looking down upon me in grim approval as I once again clenched my calloused hands around the cold, steel, unforgiving barbell.
You taking a writing class?...You do show promise I have to say…

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2015, 02:40:21 AM »
This one was actually quite funny. But nevertheless: Fuck off!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2015, 02:44:05 AM »
Luxury.  When I was a kid all I had were a few rocks that I bought at a garage sale and for cardio I'd push start the old man's car every morning so he could get to the liquor store, then run along behind it, and push start it again when he came out of the liquor store.  Then I'd run home for a gruelling rock session before my evening thrashing and supper of water soup, served cold.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2015, 03:00:48 AM »
a

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2015, 03:01:57 AM »
That sounds like the opening to a Brooks Kubik or Starting Strength gay fan fiction piece. I imagine the some of second half would go something like -

" One day, Troy Hanson, whose dad's lawn I use to cut with an old Craftsman reel mower to make money for college books, invited me to his parents's health club. I was apprehensive at first, not feeling at home in this fern and chrome machined foreign land. With it's bicep supination machines from Australia, and it's benches with unripped vinyl covers.

We walked into the locker room, him changing in a Jordache cut off tee and red Adidas shorts. Me in my ratty York Barbell tee and sweats. I noticed that even though he didn't squat, he had powerful thighs that rivaled a young Appie Steenbeek. "Are you ready to get pumped?" he said as we walked over to the Nautilus leg press. "Yeah, but why don't we try that over there?", I said pointing to a power rack that was lost in a dark corner.

"Oh, that old thing?", he laughed. "Sure, why not."

As I loaded the bar with a couple of pairs of #45's, I noticed him checking out my mustache. "I'm going to take you through a 5x5." I said, "Just watch me."

"Sure." He said.

The two plates were no match for my #250 bulk built on one gallon of milk a day, and Universal liver tabs. The bar quivered as I slammed it into the holders. "Now you try" I said.

Other than telling him to go more low bar, and not to try that "box squatting" queer shit, the kid was a natural. As I spotted him, I couldn't stop thinking about the smell of his hair, and the way the sweat ran down his traps, I wondered if Arnold and Franco had days like this?

As we finished up our last set, I pointed at him and said, "That was some great ass to grass, Bill Starr would be proud! Look at that, you didn't even mess up your hair!"

"Oh, you like it?" He said, "My mom's stylist Vissy does it for me. Great guys, him and Vince. But you've got to watch that Vissy with a razor, he's got a bit of a wandering eye. Listen, I'm a bit late for something, so would you like to take a steam, and call it a day?"

And off we went.... ".

Kenpo Machine

• Getbig II
Weider Muscle Priority Principle
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2015, 06:43:57 AM »
This is probably Weider's most significant contribution to bodybuilding theory. The Muscle Priority Principle states that lagging bodyparts be trained first in the workout. Most failed bodybuilders, and that includes 99.9% of Getbig, are so falsely ego-driven that they will constantly train there favorite muscle group first. The result is they look like a lopsided piece of garbage. When you realize the intercostals are just as important as the biceps, the calves just as significant as the pecs, you will have taken a step towards greater understanding. Personally I have used the Weider Muscle Priority Principle and every muscle in my body is developed to the maximum degree, and I am perfectly symmetrical.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2015, 10:36:20 AM »
...with a pile of rusty weights and a Sears exercise bike. I'm not ashamed to say I had a humble beginning in life. Everything I've amassed- the money, the properties, the stock  portfolio, the travel around the world- is the product of blood, sweat and tears. Nothing was handed to me. I had lousy alcoholic parents and I was raised by the television. My real parents were Happy Days and Sandord And Son. While the other guys had access to fancy gyms, I was in a dark corner of the cellar with a rusty old pile of weights and a Sears exercise bike on it's last legs. But through an iron will and unrelenting desire I forged a monster of a physique with these implements. I benched and curled and rowed and squatted until my eyeballs were bleeding. Every workout an exercise in exploring the outer edges of human will. Many a night I crawled up those cellar stairs beaten like a mongrel dog, only to return to the torture chamber the next day. The tattered posters of Arnold and Franco and Jusup looking down upon me in grim approval as I once again clenched my calloused hands around the cold, steel, unforgiving barbell.

You're an internets legend - right up there with Longshanks and Victorian Guy IMO.
A

io856

« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2015, 10:45:14 AM »

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2015, 04:32:22 AM »

Arrgt.  Couldn't find four Yorkshiremen in my day.  We had to perform the sketch with one Yorkshireman and a stodgy pudding.

Yorkshire pud, prime rib, & gravy... or ye've not lived, my friend!

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
Re: It amazes me..
« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2015, 11:50:53 PM »
The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: It amazes me..
« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2015, 12:30:01 AM »
"No, actually the boy is quite astute. I really am trying to kill him, but so far unsuccessfully. He's quite wily, like his old man."