Author Topic: Over 45 training  (Read 409074 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Over 45 training
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2015, 07:39:46 PM »
chest/tris at home

sit up chest press x3 wide grip
inc db pressx3
dropped bench just under inc level for in between inc/flat flyes x2
dec flye x2,,2nd set did 1-2 flyes and followed with 2 press reps ,,,8 reps each good burn combo..
back to sit up press did side grips supersetted with push ups 10 reps and 15 pushups
standalone 20 rep pushups finish

tris
incline skullcrushers x3 did mix reps 1-2 skullcrushers and then follow 2 presses till i hit 8-8 ea
pushdowns x4
extensions db lying x3 arms across to side head extend out.
finished db  at chest db's close press straight up x15 x2.

abs 100 or so reps various crunches/leg lifts

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2015, 07:54:28 AM »
Trained delts and arms

Dumbbell presses 2 x 10 ( all the way down)
Dumbbell laterals 2 x 10
Rear dumbbell laterals 2 x 10
Single D handle pulley laterals 1 x 10
Barbell shrugs 2 x 10

Barbell curls 2 x 10
machine curls 2 x 10
alternate dumbbell curls 2 x 10
rope curls 2 x 12

Weighted dips 2 x 10 ( went deep. No shallow ego dips)
Machine tricep extensions 2 x 10 ( You are seated and you grab the bar behind your head)
Conventional pulley pushdowns 3 x 10

fourarm curls 2 x 25
reverse curls 2 x 10

ab coaster 2 x 25
twisting ab machine 2 x 10

Just trained 3 on and I will take tomorrow off. Going to a beach side roof top bar tomorrow for a few. The boss let me take a day off for a doctor appointment. After the doc I will hit the bar. Fantastic views of the women strolling the boardwalk from the upper deck.  I don't know if they will have a DJ in afternoon on a Wednesday but when they do women in their bikinis shake their asses on the floor to the beat.

Gym Observations:

1. Just found out the loud mouth steroid gym mayor is married to the hot blonde fitness model who I just found out has a really deep voice. They both must inject each other. I lost a little respect for her. She is a hard trainer but how does she look with out the little bit of anavar and syringe I bet she is using?  

2. Talked to a guy built like a super heavy weight power lifter. Real nice guy. Turns out he has a home gym too but likes to change it up coming to the commercial gym. He showed me a picture of his home gym.  A barbell with a power cage and bench. With all the options of machines and other equipment he sticks to the barbell and the squat rack.  In truth it's all you need but I would be bored when I'm in a gym candy store with so many options.

3. Found a class mate that I went through boot camp with. Apologized for the class being punished for the dirty boots I left in the barracks.  This is over 30 years ago.  He laughed.

4. There are a lot of really in shape guys and women in this gym.  I think when this happens it generates a lot of positive energy. Can't explain it.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2015, 08:38:37 AM »
Trained delts and arms

Dumbbell presses 2 x 10 ( all the way down)
Dumbbell laterals 2 x 10
Rear dumbbell laterals 2 x 10
Single D handle pulley laterals 1 x 10
Barbell shrugs 2 x 10

Barbell curls 2 x 10
machine curls 2 x 10
alternate dumbbell curls 2 x 10
rope curls 2 x 12

Weighted dips 2 x 10 ( went deep. No shallow ego dips)
Machine tricep extensions 2 x 10 ( You are seated and you grab the bar behind your head)
Conventional pulley pushdowns 3 x 10

fourarm curls 2 x 25
reverse curls 2 x 10

ab coaster 2 x 25
twisting ab machine 2 x 10

Just trained 3 on and I will take tomorrow off. Going to a beach side roof top bar tomorrow for a few. The boss let me take a day off for a doctor appointment. After the doc I will hit the bar. Fantastic views of the women strolling the boardwalk from the upper deck.  I don't know if they will have a DJ in afternoon on a Wednesday but when they do women in their bikinis shake their asses on the floor to the beat.

Gym Observations:

1. Just found out the loud mouth steroid gym mayor is married to the hot blonde fitness model who I just found out has a really deep voice. They both must inject each other. I lost a little respect for her. She is a hard trainer but how does she look with out the little bit of anavar and syringe I bet she is using?  

2. Talked to a guy built like a super heavy weight power lifter. Real nice guy. Turns out he has a home gym too but likes to change it up coming to the commercial gym. He showed me a picture of his home gym.  A barbell with a power cage and bench. With all the options of machines and other equipment he sticks to the barbell and the squat rack.  In truth it's all you need but I would be bored when I'm in a gym candy store with so many options.

3. Found a class mate that I went through boot camp with. Apologized for the class being punished for the dirty boots I left in the barracks.  This is over 30 years ago.  He laughed.

4. There are a lot of really in shape guys and women in this gym.  I think when this happens it generates a lot of positive energy. Can't explain it.

yeah... you are motivated to train harder in the gym..Steve hits his Home gym too when his wife works shifts.. not done much today but have Physio at 19.25 later...

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2015, 08:48:10 AM »
put your age, your weight and the amount of weight used whenever possible only if you're inclined  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D thank you....
F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2015, 08:57:16 AM »
Guys if your neighbours complain about noise in your Home Gym do what this Bodybuilding Bro does with his old socks... :D Not recommended for commercial Gym use... ;D
http://www.allthingsgym.com/reducing-home-gym-noises-with-socks/

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2015, 09:08:45 AM »
put your age, your weight and the amount of weight used whenever possible only if you're inclined  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D thank you....

I'm 56 and 185lbs right now. I don't use weight because it's meaningless. One machine I can use 120lbs for tricep pushdowns and another maker it's 80lbs. Another reason I don't use weight is because of all the ego lifters. So many insecure guys use a lot more weight than they should by short stroking the rep. We all know the guys. They do half shoulder and chest presses completely delusional that they are using a full rep. In the leg press and the squat they do the same thing. Sure one guy can use 400lb in a squat when another guy is using 300lbs going all the way down. In the law of physics the guy using he 300lbs is doing more work than the shallow guy who thinks he uses 400lbs for his reps. Bodybuilding is filled with delusional strong men. I never claimed to be a strong man but I know many couldn't keep up with me in the gym.

To illustrate what I am talking about I can give this example. I was doing flat dumbbell chest presses with 85lbs for my reps. Going all he way  down and up. The gym was crowded. A guy asked if he can work in using he flat bench. He has the 105lbs but stops half way down till his upper arms are parallel with the floor.  He then insults me saying I remember when I only used the 85lbs.  I grabbed his 105lbs and did one more rep than him using his ego style of short stroking the rep. Then he says something I thought was nuts. "Why are you using the 85lbs?"  The hamster running in the treadmill in his brain just wasn't registering.

I like Olympic lifting lifting. No tricks like power suits or crazy arches. Just lift the bar over head. If someone can lift more over head than me I will say they are more powerful. I don't consider myself a bodybuilder but just a guy into fitness and physical culture.  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2015, 11:07:57 AM »
Pullovers are one of my favorite exercizes.

Yes, its a good stretch and squeeze. I really focus so its all chest, no lats.
X

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2015, 11:12:25 AM »
I'm 56 and 185lbs right now. I don't use weight because it's meaningless. One machine I can use 120lbs for tricep pushdowns and another maker it's 80lbs. Another reason I don't use weight is because of all the ego lifters. So many insecure guys use a lot more weight than they should by short stroking the rep. We all know the guys. They do half shoulder and chest presses completely delusional that they are using a full rep. In the leg press and the squat they do the same thing. Sure one guy can use 400lb in a squat when another guy is using 300lbs going all the way down. In the law of physics the guy using he 300lbs is doing more work than the shallow guy who thinks he uses 400lbs for his reps. Bodybuilding is filled with delusional strong men. I never claimed to be a strong man but I know many couldn't keep up with me in the gym.

To illustrate what I am talking about I can give this example. I was doing flat dumbbell chest presses with 85lbs for my reps. Going all he way  down and up. The gym was crowded. A guy asked if he can work in using he flat bench. He has the 105lbs but stops half way down till his upper arms are parallel with the floor.  He then insults me saying I remember when I only used the 85lbs.  I grabbed his 105lbs and did one more rep than him using his ego style of short stroking the rep. Then he says something I thought was nuts. "Why are you using the 85lbs?"  The hamster running in the treadmill in his brain just wasn't registering.

I like Olympic lifting lifting. No tricks like power suits or crazy arches. Just lift the bar over head. If someone can lift more over head than me I will say they are more powerful. I don't consider myself a bodybuilder but just a guy into fitness and physical culture.  
good post we learn as we age.... ego lifting is for morons..... ;D ;D ;D ;D
F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2015, 11:21:56 AM »
Yes, its a good stretch and squeeze. I really focus so its all chest, no lats.
I like the pullover and press... another great exercise is the Dumbbell around the world exercise.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2015, 11:54:20 AM »

These guys kill me. My form is complimented more than the weight I use.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2015, 06:11:09 PM »
I did not get to the gym yesterday as planned. Chauffeuring my sister to hell and gone and then back ate up my entire day.

Worked legs today. I added in calf raises and upped the weight on the other exercises as well as did them in a half pyramid.

25 minutes of cardio using a combo of the recumbent bicycle and the elliptical. It not only got my blood flowing, it pumped up my quads.

3 X 12, 10, 10 seated leg curls
4 X 15, 12, 10, 8 leg extensions
4 X 15, 12, 12, 10 leg presses
3 X 15 calf raises
3 X 15 Nautilus ab crunches (I am planning on working abs each workout because I am excited about how much my waistline has shrunk. I can actually do a vacuum pose with very little effort.  :D

Nothing in the way of observations today. - Guess I was too focused on the exercises to notice much.

Now I am off to get some fixings for Spanish rice....YUM. It is one of my favorite things to make.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2015, 07:14:21 PM »
back/traps/abs/calves ,,,home workout again :P,,,actually pretty good...all kids were in bed as well ..no distractions.

pulldowns x5 ,,did 6 reps behind and 6 reps front every set wide grip ..good switch up
underhanded narrow grip front pulldowns x3
cable low rows x3
one arm db rows on bench x3
2 sets good stretch lying on flat bench pullovers

traps
reverse behind back shrugs x3
front shrugs x3

all done with cable ..

finished 3 sets db shrugs dbells to side

calves 5 sets 1 legged calf raises

abs
crunches floor legs propped on bench set 1 x30 ,,set 2 x30 set 3 x40
lying on bench part off for old school leg lifts slow lowering legs ala 'rocky 4'

gym obsevations....

one asshole in gym training shirtless,no radio,fan barely helping,,

was hot in basement like one of ritch's fitness babes at his gym

felt like balboa getting ready for drago minus the beard ...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2015, 07:32:36 PM »
back/traps/abs/calves ,,,home workout again :P,,,actually pretty good...all kids were in bed as well ..no distractions.

pulldowns x5 ,,did 6 reps behind and 6 reps front every set wide grip ..good switch up
cable low rows x3

traps
front shrugs x3

all done with cable ..

abs
lying on bench part off for old school leg lifts slow lowering legs ala 'rocky 4'

gym obsevations....

I like that you come up with ways to change up exercises. I am going to try your switcharoo with pull-downs. I sometimes do crunches at home, but I use a chair instead of a bench. -Works the same.

It takes two assholes to earn this title. Of course if you think of yourself as an asshole, it counts for something I guess. Did you cuss yourself out? ;D  Back when I had a basement with training equipment, I'd train shirtless and sometimes naked. This also works great when jogging on the treadmill. There is no sense in sweating all over your gym clothes, right? If I trained after "the kids" were in bed, I'd be training in the morning. We are a house full of night owls now. Margie was an early to bed, early to rise person. She was the oddball out on this note.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2015, 07:41:07 PM »
I like that you come up with ways to change up exercises. I am going to try your switcharoo with pull-downs. I sometimes do crunches at home, but I use a chair instead of a bench. -Works the same.

It takes two assholes to earn this title. Of course if you think of yourself as an asshole, it counts for something I guess. Did you cuss yourself out? ;D  Back when I had a basement with training equipment, I'd train shirtless and sometimes naked. This also works great when jogging on the treadmill. There is no sense in sweating all over your gym clothes, right? If I trained after "the kids" were in bed, I'd be training in the morning. We are a house full of night owls now. Margie was an early to bed, early to rise person. She was the oddball out on this note.
thanks,,i was having a little fun with oldtimers observations,,,i could go off like him with what i see in the gym weekly...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2015, 09:57:02 PM »
thanks,,i was having a little fun with oldtimers observations,,,i could go off like him with what i see in the gym weekly...

This probably applies to all of us.

I knew you were having some fun with it. This why it was so funny.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2015, 05:14:41 AM »
Hung over from drinking on the board walk. They are filming a new reality show like Jersey Shore again at seaside heights. I guess they are trying to recreate a similar show again. I have to get out of bed and to the gym but I feel like crap. 

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #116 on: July 30, 2015, 08:13:55 AM »
Back and chest while hung over.

Pull ups 2 x max
Low V grip seated cable rows 2 x 12
Dumbbell row off bench 2 x 8 (Used 90lbs going all the way down and up)
Hammer strength pulldown 2 x 10 used 230lbs

Dumbbell flat bench 2 x 7
Hammer Strength incline 2 x 8
Hammer strength decline 2 x 6
flat flies 2 x 10 50lbs ( tried to go strict but got a little sloppy at the end)
machine flies 2 x 10 (Just can't decide to drop dumbbell flies. These are more full range movement. It's not a pec deck but you grab handles.)

deadlift 2 x 4 with 300lbs then 1 x 1 with 315lb ( My bad foot can't take to much pressure. When it's better I will start using much heavier weight)
Weighted hyper extensions 2 x 12 with a 35lbs plate behind my head

ab coaster 2 x 20 with 25lbs
ab machine twist 2 x 10

Gym Observations:

1. I was doing flat dumbbell chest benches and I was failing with the last rep.  The knock out blonde fitness babe with the deep voice comes out of no where and pushes on my elbows so I complete the rep.  I thank her.  Just glad I didn't dump the weight because I never saw her behind me. Guess my eyes were closed. I also heard her say to another guy you would never hear her say chunky and sexy in the same sentence. I think she is very use to being the center of attention. Really cute tiny ass on her.  

2. A guy is sitting in the Hammer strength delt press machine. A girl is kneeling in front of him with both elbows on his thighs with one hand holding her head up. She is in a very suggestive position talking to him for 10 minutes. Her face is right there. If this guy doesn't see a hint when it's right in front of his face he is a dope.

3. I felt like crap when I first began the workout from drinking the day before. Just glad I got it done. Tomorrow I'm taking the day off or maybe finding a cardio activity that doesn't aggravate my injury.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #117 on: July 30, 2015, 10:38:38 AM »
 thursday , day off from lifting swam a mile non-stop took me 43 minures. fri arms and abs [flabs]
F

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: July 30, 2015, 04:30:18 PM »
thursday , day off from lifting swam a mile non-stop took me 43 minures. fri arms and abs [flabs]

Swimming is an outstanding cardio activity. I also feel it's good for the shoulder joints.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: July 30, 2015, 06:41:54 PM »
Hung over from drinking on the board walk. They are filming a new reality show like Jersey Shore again at seaside heights. I guess they are trying to recreate a similar show again. I have to get out of bed and to the gym but I feel like crap. 

It's for sure that I have had too much to drink on more than a couple of occasions. What is weird is that I don't get hangovers. The only thing I do to avoid them is drink a lot of water, since alcohol dehydrates us. It is even rarer that I actually get drunk. This is probably because I can't ever give up control.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2015, 06:44:34 PM »
Swimming is an outstanding cardio activity. I also feel it's good for the shoulder joints.

Swimming is definitely good for your joints as it is no impact as opposed to jogging, running or skipping rope, etc.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2015, 07:35:25 PM »
delts

hammer shoulder press x4

side laterals x5 20lbs,25,30,35 12/12/10/10 ,,5 th set drop 25 x10/20x10,15 x10

front raises cable used rope x3

cable rear lateral raise x3

cable up right rows x3

bis
curls premade curl bar 60x15/80 x10/90x10 x2

dc curls 30/35/40

db hammers across body x2 40/45

seated curl machine padded version x3

forarms
9 sets various wrist curls

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2015, 07:47:12 PM »
Swimming is definitely good for your joints as it is no impact as opposed to jogging, running or skipping rope, etc.

Your comment about impact is a good point but I wasn't even thinking about from that angle. I never met a good swimmer that didn't have good shoulder flexibility. It really works the joint from many planes instead of the somewhat static angles in lifting. I am a poor swimmer but I do swim a little. What I do in my pool is I will swim a lap with different strokes. I do a couple of laps of the different strokes like conventional, breast stroke, side stroke and back stroke. I swear my bad shoulders feel better after doing this. It's work for the shoulder region in unconventional directions from the aspect of dry land workouts. 

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2015, 07:50:32 PM »

cable low rows x3

traps
front shrugs x3

all done with cable ..

abs

gym obsevations....

I like your gym observations.  ;D Please don't confuse me with ritch. He is another member. My name is Rich.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2015, 07:53:14 PM »
I like your gym observations.  ;D Please don't confuse me with ritch. He is another member. My name is Rich.
sorry rich ur right ,,that ritch is cool too he's more angry and g/o board type...