Author Topic: Over 45 training  (Read 409131 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Over 45 training
« Reply #400 on: September 02, 2015, 06:26:16 PM »
Wrecked arms ankles today, totally beefcake. 8)

FIXED FOR TRUTH

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #401 on: September 02, 2015, 06:54:15 PM »
As an older person posting, I had a hard time finding this thread. Why is it in history instead of a training board?
Donny threw a fit because he couldn't control the thread on the training board so his online buddy oldtimer1 started this thread here because they thought they could have a circle jerk thread that chaos couldn't get to. :)
Who's gimmick are you?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #402 on: September 02, 2015, 07:15:43 PM »
I actually started it so the low rent childlessness would go away and it would be a fun thread to talk about training. 

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #403 on: September 02, 2015, 07:28:05 PM »
I actually started it so the low rent childlessness would go away and it would be a fun thread to talk about training. 
Meh. There's a 200+ page thread already for that on the training board.  :)

BTW....I'm not sure how childlessness fits here....lol
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #404 on: September 03, 2015, 01:57:31 AM »
Donny threw a fit because he couldn't control the thread on the training board so his online buddy oldtimer1 started this thread here because they thought they could have a circle jerk thread that chaos couldn't get to. :)
Who's gimmick are you?
No one cares about you so i donīt understand why you are so upset you hang around this thread? as for a jerk circle look at the Y-Board :-\ apart from Grape,-aj- and a few others itīs just like a little Gang ::)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #405 on: September 03, 2015, 05:20:58 AM »
back/traps /calves/abs

chins wide x2,narrow x2
tbar rows...2 plates/2.5/3/3.5
low cable rows 165/180/190
reverse grip pulldowns x3
cable standup stretch pulls to waist x3

shrugs 225/275/295/295
cable shrugs x3

calves 5 sets calf raises

abs

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #406 on: September 03, 2015, 06:55:45 AM »
No one cares about you so i donīt understand why you are so upset you hang around this thread? as for a jerk circle look at the Y-Board :-\ apart from Grape,-aj- and a few others itīs just like a little Gang ::)
Aww poor wittle Donny is still angwy. :'(
You seem to be the only one incapable of having an adult discussion around here, everyone else is getting on just fine.

Wrecked arms today, totally beefcake. 8)
Totally forgot about the backwards footbar pushdowns though.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #407 on: September 03, 2015, 08:22:03 AM »
Was at the Dentist today, everything fine as always. Lucky i have good Fangs.. i then was going to go for a run but decided the swimming pool was more attractive as itīs warm. met a Guy i knew work wise from  a few years back and heīs opened a small wing chun / Jeet kune do school. Invited me down for some training. Wonīt train at the moment but will have a look. Top Guy always had a laugh at work.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #408 on: September 03, 2015, 09:28:36 AM »
Was at the Dentist today, everything fine as always. Lucky i have good Fangs.. i then was going to go for a run but decided the swimming pool was more attractive as itīs warm. met a Guy i knew work wise from  a few years back and heīs opened a small wing chun / Jeet kune do school. Invited me down for some training. Wonīt train at the moment but will have a look. Top Guy always had a laugh at work.
Do you think all this martial arts training had any effect on your neck and your mental instability?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #409 on: September 03, 2015, 04:23:01 PM »
Trained back and chest:

Chins 3 x max
Low seated cable rows 2 x 12
Inverted body weight rows 2 x max
Hammer strength pull downs 2 x 10

Bench press 2 x 6 ( Just hurts my shoulder joint too much. I think I'm finished for life with the barbell bench)
Hammer strength inclines 2 x 7
Hammer bench press 2 x 6 (No pain at all)
Machine flies 3 x10
Dumbbell flies 1 x 10
Push ups 1 x max

Dead lift 1x4 then 1 x 2 after warm up
ab coaster 2 x 25 with 30lbs
machine ab twist 2 x 10
ab wheel 1 x 17
Weighted hyper extensions 2 x 12

Gym Observations:

1. Husband and wife steroid team were watching me dead lift. She said something like, that's impressive using that weight at the end of the workout. He said," He's using straps it doesn't count." The old bars they have are so smooth with practically no knurling. Really hard to grip.

2. I see this black guy working out all the time. I notice him because he's like me in that he talks to no one. At least I rarely talk to anyone.  Cut to the chase I ask him how many sets he has on the Hammer Strength pull down. He says, "You can have it. I will come back to it."  I said no and said I will just work in alternating.  I was shocked how polite he was. Usually I get a rude, "I'm using it."

3. Using the ab wheel in a side room. A milf in the usual panty hose yoga pants starts stretching right next to me. Ass practically right in my face. Nice.

4. Just shocked that there are just treadmill people. They never lift. Beginning to see the same people time and time again on the treadmills. It's beautiful and sunny the past three weeks where I live and people are running indoors on hamster wheels. Beautiful trails, parks and a boardwalk by the ocean and the treadmill is their choice?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #410 on: September 03, 2015, 07:09:00 PM »
delts

front press  135/155/165
side laterals 25/30/30/30 sets 12
rear delt cable raise x3
cable rope fr raise x3
db upright rows x2

bis
curls straight bar..85/95/95 x10 reps 5 bottom to half point/5 full
inc db curls..30/35/35
rope curls x3 hammer
2 sets cable single grip curls

forearms
3 sets cable reverse wrist curl
3 sets cable wrist curls for top portion

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #411 on: September 04, 2015, 07:01:31 AM »
Trained legs. Felt some kind of sciatic pain running down my legs and had to stop squatting during my warm ups. Completed a half ass leg workout.

Gym Observations:

1. I just can't get over what a fantastic physique this one trainer has using light weights. He was using 70lbs for his top weight curling. Ended barbell curls using only the bar for slow motion curls.  Just crazy. Saw him again doing pulley curls using three plates on the selectorized stack. Ended his arm workout with push ups and chin ups. Maybe I should take a clue and use moderate weights for awhile letting my body heal up. Once heard it said using heavy weights after 55 is like rolling the dice with the prize of injury with a wrong move.

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #412 on: September 04, 2015, 07:32:22 AM »
Really wanted to dl but I've had a sore left knee all week. Still pulled a decent 675. 8)

damnnnnnnnnn thats a pile of weight

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #413 on: September 04, 2015, 07:53:56 AM »
Do you think all this martial arts training had any effect on your neck and your mental instability?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #414 on: September 04, 2015, 07:58:05 AM »
Trained legs. Felt some kind of sciatic pain running down my legs and had to stop squatting during my warm ups. Completed a half ass leg workout.

Gym Observations:

1. I just can't get over what a fantastic physique this one trainer has using light weights. He was using 70lbs for his top weight curling. Ended barbell curls using only the bar for slow motion curls.  Just crazy. Saw him again doing pulley curls using three plates on the selectorized stack. Ended his arm workout with push ups and chin ups. Maybe I should take a clue and use moderate weights for awhile letting my body heal up. Once heard it said using heavy weights after 55 is like rolling the dice with the prize of injury with a wrong move.

yes Moderate weight is better in my opinion. Even before my injury i stopped using weighted dips just doing bodyweight. I just rest less between sets or superset. Nothing wrong with good old Push ups either after doing dips and say DB flyes. Feel my chest working better than with flat benches.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #415 on: September 04, 2015, 09:33:35 AM »

Too many headlocks old man? Can barely count to ten, huh?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #416 on: September 04, 2015, 11:35:16 AM »
As an older person posting, I had a hard time finding this thread. Why is it in history instead of a training board?

That's a long, sad story. It is good that you found it though. From one older person to another, I look forward to your posts.

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #417 on: September 04, 2015, 11:38:48 AM »
Donny sure is fucking up this thread. Respect oldtimer1 and keep it about training. Theres lots of other areas for your stupidity

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #418 on: September 04, 2015, 12:06:41 PM »
Too many headlocks old man? Can barely count to ten, huh?
poor Chaos :'(
Donny sure is fucking up this thread. Respect oldtimer1 and keep it about training. Theres lots of other areas for your stupidity
read the thread again fool

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #419 on: September 04, 2015, 12:20:39 PM »
Donny likes to be the bully telling others what they can/can't do, and he can't do that on getbig so it's created quite the bitterness in his life. :(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #420 on: September 04, 2015, 12:20:56 PM »
September 3 worked back, shoulders and obliques.

30 minutes cardio, mostly on the treadmill just the last 10 minutes on the elliptical. Knee was bothering me a little today....it comes and goes.

Wide grip cable pull downs, 4x12-8
Nautilus back rows, 4x12-8
Nautilus rowing torso, 4x12-10
Nautilus overhead presses, 4x12-8
Hammer rear delt, 4x12-10
Shugs, 4x12-8
Medium grip cable upright rows, 4x12-8
Nautilus rotary torso, 3x12

Workout including cardio took one hour and thirty minutes  

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #421 on: September 04, 2015, 12:24:26 PM »
Donny likes to be the bully telling others what they can/can't do, and he can't do that on getbig so it's created quite the bitterness in his life. :(
why are you trying to wreck this thread with your gimmick? Go to your boards and give us peace, pathetic

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #422 on: September 04, 2015, 01:31:24 PM »
poor Chaos :'( read the thread again fool

what do you mean read the thread again? You have made NUMEROUS meaningless stupid comments that dont belong here. Whats wrong with you? Are you that starved for attention? Are we supposed to sympathize with you cause you pretended you went to war you fake veteran. All you are a veteran of is the bottle

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #423 on: September 04, 2015, 01:33:59 PM »
what do you mean read the thread again? You have made NUMEROUS meaningless stupid comments that dont belong here. Whats wrong with you? Are you that starved for attention? Are we supposed to sympathize with you cause you pretended you went to war you fake veteran. All you are a veteran of is the bottle
medication time...

Set It Up

• Getbig V
  • London--March 22-31
« Reply #424 on: September 04, 2015, 01:35:22 PM »
medication time...

no Donny not this time
I at least recognize my issues

you are in denial
fake war vet
pedophile