Author Topic: Strength Evaluation  (Read 1697 times)

IronBison35

• Getbig I
Strength Evaluation
« on: March 01, 2006, 03:38:54 PM »
I'm a division three college football player and my strength evaluation is next week. I've worked my ass off the entire off season and I want to give the best performance possible. Can anyone give me some tips on how to prepare for the test in terms of foods i should be eating or workouts I could be doing? The test involves the power clean, the squat, and the bench press.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Strength Evaluation
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 06:23:07 PM »
Wonder if your  test takes one or two days and if your going for the usual rep test. Your last game of the regular year was probably the second or third week of december so you should be somewhat still in playing shape if you had kept working out. Full evaluation camp's are usually  held in the spring so this is probably the coaches way of tweaking every players training program and see what he needs to work on before spring drills. Just do your regular workouts, too late to change much now. Bring along a jar of raw honey or some of those sports drinks with the extra kick to them. Carb load in the morning with a whole grain breakfast.
All in all, just about every player thinks these test are a waste of time and energy. There probably right, proves very little as to the true potentional ofa player  and what shape he's in. I played Divison I for four years so I know where your coming from. Good Luck.

IronBison35

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 06:35:56 PM »
Thanks...i actually have the option to spread the tests out three days. I'm putting up about 335 so i know wat i can do, its just some days u feel it and some you dont ya know? Thanks again for the tips ill put them to good use.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 09:22:25 PM »
I just love how football organisations use the power clean as some bearing test for football.
That's just a great way to get a potential player hurt.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 09:22:24 AM »
The power clean is one of the foundations for football training.. It is insurance that a player will develop power & quickness with this whole body exercise. It works many of the muscles and core strength that is required for the game. It is also a great stamina (endurance & strength) developer.  Good Luck.

IronBison35

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 10:02:25 AM »
I love the power clean, its really helped my quickness and explosiveness...

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 10:29:38 AM »
i've never tried it. you say its worth doing it? what bodypart do you use it in? like what day of your routine?
bodybuildersreality.com

IronBison35

• Getbig I
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 11:01:13 PM »
normally i do it on leg days