Getbig Main Boards > General Topics
Rain catchment?
(1/2) > >>
Victor VonDoom:
Anyone use any form of rain catchment system in or around the house?  For interior or irrigation purposes?  Bah!
Novena:
Do you have Air Conditioning?   A central air conditioning system in Houston will fill that barrel with water in a single day.
Victor VonDoom:

--- Quote from: Novena on July 22, 2015, 05:30:27 PM ---Do you have Air Conditioning?   A central air conditioning system in Houston will fill that barrel with water in a single day.

--- End quote ---

The a/c system currently in use does not produce much water that can be captured.  I am interested in a relatively simple rain catcher to store 50-100 gallons of water.  If it is portable even better; the various bigger modular systems, like the one pictured is interesting but does not meet the current need.  Bah!
Novena:
Rain capture systems by nature are not portable.  You need a roof and gutter system to gather the water from a wide area.  Think of it as a huge funnel.
Skeeter:
I have two rain barrels that collect water from my house similar to the one in the picture. I also want to add a third for my garage.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version