Author Topic: Drinking Coca-Cola  (Read 16788 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Drinking Coca-Cola
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2015, 09:45:58 AM »
Drugs that are used lawfully by licensed, medical professionals for specific medical issues is an altogether different issue.  

Can you pintpoint the exact biblical verse that says exactly that?

There is no exact bible verse that calls out modern medicine and this exact situation, but scripture certainly addresses lawful conduct and specific sins.   Likewise, the term "child molestation" isn't found in scripture, but the outlawing of adulterous behavior, sexual impurity and the hurting of children is.

Romans 13:1
13 Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.

1 Timothy 5:23
23 No longer drink water exclusively, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments.

Matthew 9:12
12 But when Jesus heard this, He said, “It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick.

In scripture we see examples of physicians treating sick and wounded folks.   The writer of the Gospel of Luke was a physician and a close companion of the apostle Paul.

Colossians 4:14
14 Luke, the beloved physician, sends you his greetings,

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2015, 09:49:44 AM »
There is no exact bible verse that calls out modern medicine and this exact situation, but scripture certainly addresses lawful conduct and specific sins.   Likewise, the term "child molestation" isn't found in scripture, but the outlawing of adulterous behavior, sexual impurity and the hurting of children is.

Romans 13:1
13 Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God.

1 Timothy 5:23
23 No longer drink water exclusively, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments.

Matthew 9:12
12 But when Jesus heard this, He said, “It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick.

In scripture we see several example of physicians treating sick and wounded folks.   The writer of the Gospel of Luke was a physician and a close companion of the apostle Paul.

Colossians 4:14
14 Luke, the beloved physician, sends you his greetings,

So, then its all about interpretation? We just need to leave it up to interpretation?

There is one family whose child died because he had diabetes and they refused to give him one shot that could have saved his life. They prayed instead. The religious nutters were charged with manslughter. Thank goodness.

So, in their eyes, they think you are wrong. In your eyes, they are wrong.

So, who is right?
X

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2015, 09:54:32 AM »
I quickly find myself pondering how did a Coca Cola hate thread evolve (devolve?) into a religious "debate"?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2015, 09:56:17 AM »
I quickly find myself pondering how did a Coca Cola hate thread evolve (devolve?) into a religious "debate"? I even end up on GetBig in the first place?

Fixed  :D
a

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2015, 09:56:30 AM »
The three most valuable brand names on Earth are Marlboro, Coca Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2015, 09:57:43 AM »
So, then its all about interpretation? We just need to leave it up to interpretation?

There is one family whose child died because he had diabetes and they refused to give him one shot that could have saved his life. They prayed instead. The religious nutters were charged with manslughter. Thank goodness.

So, in their eyes, they think you are wrong. In your eyes, they are wrong.

So, who is right?

Some folks rely only on prayer for healing and deny all medical science (this speaks in contradiction to scripture).  Medicine and physicians were common in scripture.  

No, as believers, we are to come to God with all our needs and sometimes he responds directly and other times he uses others to fulfill his purposes.  Man was given dominion over the earth and all it resources; further, God has empowered and gifted some individuals with the ability to function as physicians...not everyone can do that (I certainly can't).

I've always subscribed to following in terms of my faith and "healing" in that God has provided 3 types:

1) Divine healing that some folks would interpret as a miracle (ex: Jesus healing the blind on the streets)
2) Ability within the body to heal itself as set forth by the creator (ex: the body being able to heal itself from a cold or flu with no outside assistance)
3) Healing via continually improving medical science via the gifts of knowledge, discernment and understanding that God has imparted to members of the scientific and medical community.

Of course people interpret scripture differently, but I try and look at the whole of scripture and how it harmonizes.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2015, 09:57:46 AM »
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2015, 09:59:08 AM »
Some folks rely only on prayer for healing and deny all medical science (this speaks in contradiction to scripture).  Medicine and physicians were common in scripture.  

No, as believers, we are to come to God with all our needs and sometimes he responds directly and other times he uses others to fulfill his purposes.  Man was given dominion over the earth and all it resources; further, God has empowered and gifted some individuals with the ability to function as physicians...not everyone can do that (I certainly can't).

I've always subscribed to following in terms of my faith and "healing" in that God has provided 3 types:

1) Divine healing that some folks would interpret as a miracle (ex: Jesus healing the blind on the streets)
2) Ability within the body to heal itself as set forth by the creator (ex: the body being able to heal itself from a cold or flu with no outside assistance)
3) Healing via continually improving medical science via the gifts of knowledge, discernment and understanding that God has imparted to members of the scientific and medical community.

Of course people interpret scripture differently, but I try and look at the whole of scripture and how it harmonizes.

Well, I don't think humans have dominion over anything. But that is something not to get into.

But you never answered:

1)Are you right or those other parents right?

2) And are those parents going to hell?
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2015, 10:04:44 AM »
Well, I don't think humans have dominion over anything. But that is something not to get into.

But you never answered:

1)Are you right or those other parents right?

I thought it was clear when I stated that their position is contradictory to scripture in this regard.  To be even clearer I would say my understanding is correct because I try to harmonize the whole of scripture as I stated.

2) And are those parents going to hell?

You didn't ask me this.  If these folks are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ then how could their reliance on prayer send them to hell?  No, they are just fine.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2015, 10:07:02 AM »
I quickly find myself pondering how did a Coca Cola hate thread evolve (devolve?) into a religious "debate"?

You'll have to ask SF1900.  9 times out of 10 I'm just responding to things.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2015, 10:13:51 AM »
I thought it was clear when I stated that their position is contradictory to scripture in this regard.  To be even clearer I would say my understanding is correct because I try to harmonize the whole of scripture as I stated.

You didn't ask me this.  If these folks are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ then how could their reliance on prayer send them to hell?  No, they are just fine.

Wow, thats pretty messed up. Since they relied on prayer, instead of medicine, and basically killed their child (they are murderers), they get a ticket to heaven because they prayed.

Talk about a screwed up moral compass!!
X

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2015, 10:22:27 AM »
I make my own soda water with water stream.  I love carbonation,  but don't dig the soda pop. Works great specially when it's ice cold!
Mr. AZ 2003

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2015, 10:28:19 AM »
How did this evolve into a religious debate ?? :D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2015, 10:35:35 AM »
How did this evolve into a religious debate ?? :D

Ask MOS. He just can't let religion go. Somehow finding a way to link God with soda.  :-\ :-\
X

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2015, 10:42:15 AM »
Ask MOS. He just can't let religion go. Somehow finding a way to link God with soda.  :-\ :-\

:D
a

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2015, 10:43:00 AM »
Seriously? You brought it up for who knows what reason. In a coke thread....?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2015, 10:48:18 AM »
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2015, 10:51:45 AM »
Wow, thats pretty messed up. Since they relied on prayer, instead of medicine, and basically killed their child (they are murderers), they get a ticket to heaven because they prayed.

Talk about a screwed up moral compass!!

I don't know anything about this situation or these people you're talking about LOL.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2015, 10:53:23 AM »
I don't know anything about these people you're talking about LOL.

I told you they prayed instead of giving their child medicine and he died. I asked you if they were going to hell and you said they cant go to hell because they relied on prayer.
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2015, 10:54:56 AM »
I told you they prayed instead of giving their child medicine and he died. I asked you if they were going to hell and you said they cant go to hell because they relied on prayer.

Yep and that's all I know about them LOL.  I have no idea what they do, who they worship, what they believe, how they live....I don't know anything.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2015, 10:55:36 AM »
Disgusted, can you please answer my earlier question so we can get this thread back on track lol ?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2015, 11:08:52 AM »
Disgusted, can you please answer my earlier question so we can get this thread back on track lol ?

God invented man, God invented mans intelligence. Intelligence is part of man. Man creates soda using intelligence.

Therefore, soda and religion have a direct association.
X

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2015, 11:11:49 AM »
God invented man, God invented mans intelligence. Intelligence is part of man. Man creates soda using intelligence.

Therefore, soda and religion have a direct association.

You know all this religious bs talk is your doing ... right ? You even turned a non-religious thread into a religious one with A.J, if I recall.

And, correct me if I'm wrong ... but we do have a Religion Sub-Forum, right ?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2015, 11:26:02 AM »

You know all this religious bs talk is your doing ... right ? You even turned a non-religious thread into a religious one with A.J, if I recall.

And, correct me if I'm wrong ... but we do have a Religion Sub-Forum, right ?

I'm getting to the point in which I think SF does this in hopes that he'll annoy me enough that I'll just abandon GB and with it my faith and any discussion and defense of Jesus, Christianity or "religion".    I'm fairly certain some would hope for that also LOL.

Once in a blue moon the Religion Board will be used.   

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2015, 12:10:26 PM »
If a soda fountain has Cherry Coke on tap, I always get that shit on a matter of principle.

Agreed...nothing tastes better than a fresh cherry coke from the fountain.....amazing