Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Sports Discussion Boards
MLB Playoffs
(1/40) > >>
tom joad:
Yankees are sitting pretty with 2 months to go

6 games up on Baltimore
8 up on Toronto in the loss column (with only 60 games left)
macgarth:
The blow jays adding Price and Tulo makes me a little nervous.
Grape Ape:
You know they're not sitting pretty.   ;D

Price addition is awesome for Toronto, but I don't get trading Hoffman to get Tulo, as I didn't see replacing Reyes as an immediate need.

I still think they need another arm, but these were great moves.

Also glad to see the Yankees holding on to the farm, but the Pineda injury is worrysome right now.
macgarth:
Very happy the Yankees didn't blow the farm for a rental. They are questionable to make the playoffs and if they do, unlikely to go deep (no homo). I'm a bit reluctant to say the Tulo move is fantastic for the jays. He's been somewhat injury prone, will now be playing on artificial turf, and the jays are on the hook for 5 years and 96 mill. Reyes had 4 for 48 remaining, for a mid market team that's a big difference going forward. With the Tulo contract, Bautista and Encarnacion to be resigned in the next year or two, the Jays may just price themselves out of signing an ace long term.

Obviously they are all in this year, but right now that window seems very small. High scoring teams do win a lot of games in the regular season, but come playoff time, rarely do those teams go deep or win it all. Price will help a lot in the playoffs this year if they make as he would likely throw games 1,4 and then 1,4,7 if required but I just can't see the jays being able to afford him or any other ace long term.
Grape Ape:

--- Quote from: macgarth on July 30, 2015, 07:17:39 PM ---Very happy the Yankees didn't blow the farm for a rental. They are questionable to make the playoffs and if they do, unlikely to go deep (no homo).

--- End quote ---

The Yankees currently sit with a 93.1% chance of making the playoffs, second in probability only to the Royals.  That's not really questionable.

I don't get the current thinking that they couldn't go far in the playoffs.  They're built well for the postseason if Tanaka/Pineda are healthy, since they have one of the top 2 bullpens in the league, and one of the most potent offenses.  If they add Kimbrel, even moreso.

http://www.fangraphs.com/coolstandings.aspx?type=2&lg=div&date=current
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version