Author Topic: MLB Playoffs  (Read 46979 times)

tom joad

• Getbig V
Re: Yankees vs Toronto for AL East title - who you got?
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2015, 10:42:33 AM »
Tulo gets more at bats if he's in the lead off spot. He really is only a lead off hitter once per game, maybe twice if it lines up right. With Reveres speed, if he gets on base, they have a chance to move him around and score with Tulo, Donaldson, bau, encarnacion, and smoak. If Revere hit lead off and they plugged Tulo down a spot or two, the rest of th top 5 would slide down meaning less at bats overall for them.

bingo

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2015, 10:52:06 AM »
Yes, those people don't understand the ability to get on base trumps speed.

yeah, there are still some folks who believe that a speedster like Omar "the Out-Maker" Moreno makes a very good leadoff hitter ...

dude stole a shit load of bases (but also had more career caught-stealings than doubles)
and had 5 straight seasons with an OBP below .300!

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2015, 09:56:08 PM »
good series starting today with the Jays @ the Angels. Both fighting for playoff spots PLUS showdown between Donaldson and Trout for MVP.

Jays winning 8-2 in bottom of the 8th.
Donaldson having the MUCH netter night so far

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2015, 03:40:06 PM »
good series starting today with the Jays @ the Angels. Both fighting for playoff spots PLUS showdown between Donaldson and Trout for MVP.

Jays winning 8-2 in bottom of the 8th.
Donaldson having the MUCH netter night so far

if Donaldson can continue to keep his numbers neck and neck with Trout, then the MVP vote probably will come down to whose team makes the playoffs ... and I like the Jays' chances more than the Angels in that regard.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2015, 03:47:08 PM »
Severino making the Yankees look smart for keeping him.  Will be great to see him pitching on the same team as Price next year instead of having been traded for him, ;D
Y

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2015, 03:55:38 PM »
Severino making the Yankees look smart for keeping him.  Will be great to see him pitching on the same team as Price next year instead of having been traded for him, ;D

there will be a few teams willing to pay Price whatever he wants ...

so are the Yankees willing to change their "no beards" policy because Price (in the past) has said he'd never play for the Yankees for that reason?  :)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2015, 06:36:57 PM »
there will be a few teams willing to pay Price whatever he wants ...

so are the Yankees willing to change their "no beards" policy because Price (in the past) has said he'd never play for the Yankees for that reason?  :)

Money is worth more to him than a beard.

But I was only joking - yanks have been reluctant to add any more long term deals, at least until they shed ARod, CC, Teixeira.  They may change that for a talent like Price or Greinke though.
Y

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2015, 01:20:23 PM »
thread over?

(it's not even September and NY & Toronto still play each other 7 times but c'mon ...)

have the Yankees ceded the East to the Blue Jays yet?

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2015, 06:47:09 PM »
Jays DESTROYED the Tigers today. Encarnacion with 3 hr's and 9 rbi's

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2015, 06:53:12 PM »
Wouldn't mind seeing the Cubs win it all this year. No fans should ever have to suffer for over 100 years without a championship  :-\

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2015, 08:03:11 PM »
thread over?

(it's not even September and NY & Toronto still play each other 7 times but c'mon ...)

have the Yankees ceded the East to the Blue Jays yet?

No.

Toronto has gone something like 23-5 in their last 28 and only has a 1.5 game lead.

Lots of baseball left.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2015, 01:16:46 PM »
3/4 from the Yankees. Nice. Dickey was farking Dickey, and that Tanaka nicely sat on the lineup. Didn't give them anything down the pipe. By the 3-4th inning, I figured the Jays has already decided to eat the game. Let's hope they don't over-relax with Atlanta. Go Jays!

/and watched that tulowitzki collision over and over. makes no sense. 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2015, 01:18:48 PM »
3/4 from the Yankees. Nice. Dickey was farking Dickey, and that Tanaka nicely sat on the lineup. Didn't give them anything down the pipe. By the 3-4th inning, I figured the Jays has already decided to eat the game. Let's hope they don't over-relax with Atlanta. Go Jays!

First time I saw it I thought he was joking and fell on purpose.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2015, 01:25:03 PM »

SO DID I ,CRACKED SHOULDER BLADE.WTF..

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2015, 01:41:19 PM »

Yanks were a Brett Garnder running mistake or Chase Headly being an asshole from splitting the series.  Huge ramifications for losing the first game of the DH.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2015, 01:43:09 PM »

Absolutely what I thought, too. Just a mood-lightening gesture. Fun. Ladyfriend hits me harder on the back after a good play, fer Christ's sake.  ???

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2015, 01:54:46 PM »
Absolutely what I thought, too. Just a mood-lightening gesture. Fun. Ladyfriend hits me harder on the back after a good play, fer Christ's sake.  ???

Hey, at least you found out quickly, not like Yankee fans waiting for their best hitter to return from a "bone bruise" only to find out three weeks later his season's over.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2015, 02:05:22 PM »
Hey, at least you found out quickly, not like Yankee fans waiting for their best hitter to return from a "bone bruise" only to find out three weeks later his season's over.
No, kidding. I'm thinking it took that long!? WTF!? Puts a spanner in the works for the Yanks, fer sure. Still, lots of good baseball to go. Crazy game. Sometimes, I just wish I wasn't so emotionally invested. Like each pitch/strike is a heart-stopper. I'm sitting, then I'm standing clapping. I should just grow up.  ;D 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2015, 02:08:37 PM »
I should just grow up.  ;D 

No way.

Playoff baseball is the best thing if your team is in it.
Y

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2015, 09:36:33 PM »

ya i saw the replay and it didnt seem bad at all. Hope hes back quick. At least Pennington/Goins are playing great defense

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2015, 06:43:29 PM »
Watching the Jays game...theyre kicking ATL's ass 7-1

Everybody is praising the Jays for getting Tulo and Price and how its turned them into one of the best teams in the majors(which they are). But what people arent talking about is the other transactions they made at the trade deadline(and shortly after).
Revere been on fire at the plate. He's batting .330 with the Jays. And hes fantastic in left field. Making stellar plays everyday.
Pennington's defence has been fantastic also. He gets to some balls at 2nd that i thought he had no chance....and then spins and makes a spot on throw to first.
And dont forget the additions to the bullpen with Hawkins and Lowe.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2015, 10:00:37 PM »
Everybody is praising the Jays for getting Tulo and Price and how its turned them into one of the best teams in the majors(which they are). But what people arent talking about is the other transactions they made at the trade deadline(and shortly after).
Revere been on fire at the plate. He's batting .330 with the Jays. And hes fantastic in left field. Making stellar plays everyday.
Pennington's defence has been fantastic also. He gets to some balls at 2nd that i thought he had no chance....and then spins and makes a spot on throw to first.
And dont forget the additions to the bullpen with Hawkins and Lowe.

even before all the wheeling 'n dealing, the .500 Jays had the best run differential in the league, but then (yeah!) Alex checked off all the boxes at the deadline (and now their run differential lead in all of baseball is just silly):

* upgrade defense at shortstop Big Time ... (and aren't skipping a beat defensively with Goins there now)
* ace
* bolster pen with a couple of pretty reliable arms
* improve defense in LF (over the couple of "infielders" who were lost out there) ... while adding speed too
* shore up middle infield depth (with Travis hurt)

no big surprise that Jays assistant GM Tony LaCava interviewed for the Angels GM job yesterday.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2015, 04:04:32 AM »
These teams are playing some crazy games - big time HRs, outfield assists, big time contribution from rookies and vets....all good stuff.

Would love to see a 4 out of 7 in the ALCS.  It would be some insanely fun baseball.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2015, 05:03:14 AM »
These teams are playing some crazy games - big time HRs, outfield assists, big time contribution from rookies and vets....all good stuff.

Would love to see a 4 out of 7 in the ALCS.  It would be some insanely fun baseball.
its amazing Yankees finally have young talent again...this kid byrd can hit and far ,,and made a nice play at 1st too...

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2015, 06:02:06 AM »
its amazing Yankees finally have young talent again...this kid byrd can hit and far ,,and made a nice play at 1st too...

Yeah, holding onto Severino and him at the deadline looks like it could reap big dividends.

Also, Gregorious sporting a second half .324 /.425 / .766 slash line.  If he stays at that level, that will be a brilliant trade by Cashman.
Y