Author Topic: Mr. ROBOT  (Read 6318 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Mr. ROBOT
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2015, 07:05:06 PM »
haha wow, i was too young to notice

python, back then?  a little "ahead of the times".  most of the stuff in blackhat, ironically, was like c or some other low-level language.  like, walls of utterly archane code... of course chris hemsworth can parse it in 2 seconds ;D

A

Antonio fella

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2015, 12:46:53 AM »
That's what I like, that he's a total psycho :D Dude plays it well. Danish wife is strangely hot even though I don't like preggos.

Yeah lol, American psycho is in there haha I love all the scenes with Swedish dude  ;D

Wife is smoking -- also a psycho :D

That "ima hug u man" dude is great too
!

Antonio fella

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2015, 10:26:04 PM »
Lol last episode ending was epic! :D
!

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2015, 01:43:51 AM »
Yeah lol, American psycho is in there haha I love all the scenes with Swedish dude  ;D

Wife is smoking -- also a psycho :D

That "ima hug u man" dude is great too

Yes, and it became even more clearer by episode 7 that they are very influed by AP regarding Swedish guy Mikaels scenes.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2015, 05:46:29 PM »
Wow. I just watched last night's episode and it was amazing! This is hands down the best show on TV in the last few years, at least. The ending of this episode was fucking epic.

Where does it go next season? Is this a one-and-done?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2015, 07:32:51 PM »
Wow. I just watched last night's episode and it was amazing! This is hands down the best show on TV in the last few years, at least. The ending of this episode was fucking epic.

Yup great episode. Best cyberpunk-ish show ever. Hopefully the shark hasn't been jumped.
A

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2015, 08:58:31 PM »

Ya...SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Below

Looks like Slater was his dad. Fucking awesome. And that hot chick was his sister. Show has everything.

Antonio fella

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2015, 05:30:36 PM »
It's Wednesday again !!!! 😎😎😎👹👹👹 can't wait to see it and what psycho will do 👏😆
!

Antonio fella

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2015, 08:22:35 PM »
Siiiiiiiiiccckckckkkckckc
!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2015, 09:16:53 PM »
Dat farraday cage
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2015, 07:32:25 AM »
Which channel is it on?  I'll start watching it On Demand.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2015, 02:48:49 PM »
‘Mr. Robot’ Finale Postponed Because of Similarity to Live TV Killings

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/mr-robot-live-tv-killings-virginia-1201579137/

USA Network has postponed tonight’s scheduled season finale of hacker drama series “Mr. Robot” for a week because the episode includes a scene with similarities to the real-life murders that occurred on live TV this morning in Virginia.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2015, 03:01:57 PM »
‘Mr. Robot’ Finale Postponed Because of Similarity to Live TV Killings

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/mr-robot-live-tv-killings-virginia-1201579137/

USA Network has postponed tonight’s scheduled season finale of hacker drama series “Mr. Robot” for a week because the episode includes a scene with similarities to the real-life murders that occurred on live TV this morning in Virginia.

So, so stupid.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2015, 04:50:23 PM »
So, so stupid.
Yeah fucking asshole shoots somebody and now we can't watch a fucking TV show?
TV is not real people.  ::)
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2015, 07:12:24 AM »
So I watched episode 1 and I'm done.  They have a huge glaring hole in the storyline.  The plot about the hackers wanting to clean out all of the big banks servers to free up debt.  They forgot about a couple very major issues.

1. Distributed Data Centers - Most banks operate out of numerous data centers to ensure quick response times geographically
2. Disaster Recovery - This is usually another couple data centers were data is replicated from the production servers

and the big one

3. Backups -  Every major bank takes nightly backups and stores it offline.  

Even if these guys manage to find every data center and wipe out every server and also somehow get to the disaster recovery areas and wipe those out how the fuck are they going to find the offline storage devices and destroy them?  They'd need to be wiped out manually with a hammer.  I know some banks that take tape backups and put them into a fireproof safe.  Even if all servers are wiped they banks would only lose maybe 1 day's worth of data before they recovered it all from tape.

So fuck this show and it's bullshit plot.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2015, 07:27:01 AM »
Suspension of disbelief El Diablo Blando.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2015, 07:33:01 AM »
Suspension of disbelief El Diablo Blando.

Sure but I spent a few years as a fed contractor doing this exact shit so I know the ins and outs.  Frustrating watching it and some of the bullshit they use.  I guess for the average basement hacker this may seem like a cool show but if you really know how the system works it ends up being pure bullshit.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2015, 08:47:04 AM »
So I watched episode 1 and I'm done.  They have a huge glaring hole in the storyline.  The plot about the hackers wanting to clean out all of the big banks servers to free up debt.  They forgot about a couple very major issues.

1. Distributed Data Centers - Most banks operate out of numerous data centers to ensure quick response times geographically
2. Disaster Recovery - This is usually another couple data centers were data is replicated from the production servers

and the big one

3. Backups -  Every major bank takes nightly backups and stores it offline.  

Even if these guys manage to find every data center and wipe out every server and also somehow get to the disaster recovery areas and wipe those out how the fuck are they going to find the offline storage devices and destroy them?  They'd need to be wiped out manually with a hammer.  I know some banks that take tape backups and put them into a fireproof safe.  Even if all servers are wiped they banks would only lose maybe 1 day's worth of data before they recovered it all from tape.

So fuck this show and it's bullshit plot.

Uhmmm, they deal with all of that in the later episodes. But feel free to rock on with your prematurely ejaculated review.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2015, 09:06:30 AM »
Uhmmm, they deal with all of that in the later episodes. But feel free to rock on with your prematurely ejaculated review.

They do?  Then I shall clean up my cum and watch a couple more episodes to see.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2015, 09:08:45 AM »
Lol^^

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2015, 10:07:39 AM »

The backup issue is a major story point and has a somewhat clever solution.  It's definitely my favorite show of the year so far.  The creator of the show wanted to show hacking how it's really done and be completely plausable about it, that's one of the reasons he came up with the show, because he was tired of how it was portrayed in movies and tv with a bunch of graphical screens and mouse clicking on shit with command lines that say "initiate hack$" bullshit.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2015, 10:17:22 AM »
The backup issue is a major story point and has a somewhat clever solution.  It's definitely my favorite show of the year so far.  The creator of the show wanted to show hacking how it's really done and be completely plausable about it, that's one of the reasons he came up with the show, because he was tired of how it was portrayed in movies and tv with a bunch of graphical screens and mouse clicking on shit with command lines that say "initiate hack$" bullshit.

Very good then.  I shall watch on.  I've visited some of the biggest data centers used by banks and creditors and they are insane.  Big non descript buildings in BF nowhere cities with security up the ass.  We had to get weighed on our way in and out as well as patted down and going through a metal detector.  They wanted to make we don't bring anything in or out.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2015, 01:08:10 PM »
How are you going to shove your cum back into your pee hole? ???
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2015, 01:12:32 PM »
How are you going to shove your cum back into your pee hole? ???