Author Topic: My progress  (Read 17698 times)

Mark1

• Getbig III
Re: My progress
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2006, 11:07:33 PM »
gain quality lean muscle, just eat properly, obtain the protein you should, and workout, youll gain more muscle than you think.

exactly.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2006, 12:53:49 PM »
I'm 180, 13.5% fat 5'11" and i tend to lose muscle quickly when i cut calories or stop training. How much do you guys think I should eat?

Oh, a more important question. If gaining lean muscle was the best way and always possible why do people bulk? If anyone had a choice they would gain muscle without fat.

newdumbell303

• Getbig II
  • "get serious..."
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2006, 04:47:19 PM »
I'm 180, 13.5% fat 5'11" and i tend to lose muscle quickly when i cut calories or stop training. How much do you guys think I should eat?

Oh, a more important question. If gaining lean muscle was the best way and always possible why do people bulk? If anyone had a choice they would gain muscle without fat.

its simple, People bulk to add a good amount of muscle. In your situation with all your body flip flopping it would not be healthy or good at all for you to do this. Simple as that.

how much you should eat? Well start at at least 200g of protein and just gradually increase it. Eat healthy complex carbs, veggies, fruits. Eat at least 5-6 times a day, with this 200g of protein should be easy. Dont go without 4 hours of food, if your at work, by peanuts from the vending machine, its that easy. If they dont have a vending machine, make some food before you leave. If your too lazy to pack food for when your at work, stop at the gas station, by some peanuts. Simple.

Over time you can gradually slip on what your eating, but AS LONG as your getting your required protein. Your body needs a rest man, give it 6 months, then do what you want or come back to us and ask for an opinion then.

If you do this, you WONT LOSE ANY MUSCLE, YOULL GAIN IT! Believe me, youll suprise yourself man. Good luck

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2006, 06:22:54 PM »
120-125 pounds. this picture was taken when i was 19 or so. i had been 137 before but lost everything when i stopped training.

wtf do you people come from?  i was 145 in 8th grade and i was just the average joe.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2006, 10:30:10 PM »
i eat at LEAST 300 grams of protein a day. anyway yea so what i was 120? You never seen skinny people?

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2006, 11:48:24 PM »

It's probably fat that you are losing. You might be used to your size - but like a bodybuilder in the offseason, a good portion of it is fat. It's not real muscle.
"Shut the F up and train"

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2006, 09:25:09 PM »
May 19 pics

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2006, 09:26:09 PM »

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2006, 04:14:52 AM »
Well done,mate,you have made some very good gains 8) Calves look really good-keep up the good work.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2006, 09:03:54 AM »
thanks. anyone wanna give advice?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2006, 12:44:29 PM »
thanks. anyone wanna give advice?

Go back to the gym.
just push some weight!

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2006, 01:51:59 PM »
keep learning 24/7 , stick to diets/routines for a solid amount of time , eg 3 months to see whats working and what isnt

progress in weight lifted with good form and get back to us in 2 or so years :)

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2006, 12:47:31 PM »
Any more advice? on weak points? Anything upperbody exept arms. I say that because my arms just need to get bigger with the rest of me. But my back and especially chest needs specific attention. i think i need to fill in the middle. A friend of mine says I need most attention on shoulders but I don't agree. The side delts I think are what is lacking but you guys tell me.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2006, 12:56:35 PM »
Any more advice? on weak points?
you definitely need hamstrings and back.

heres some advice.....

back: you can go much heavier on back than you think, with just high concentration and focus. so load an extra plate, and squeeze out the same amount of reps as you usually do.

heres a good workout:
 pull downs: 4x 10
barbell/machine rows: 4x 8-10
seated rows with hammer grip: 4x 8-10
bent over db rows: 4x 8-10
machine pullovers (stay in the front to avoid pec use): 4x8-10
pulldowns: 4x10

hamstrings, dont work them out on the same day as quads. do three solid hard movements for 4 sets each, all with about ten reps a set.   you can choose the movements, as most gyms dont have the same hamstring equipment.
you could use lying hamstring curls, sitting hamstring curls, standing hamstring curls, lying dumbell hamstring curls, hamstring curls using the pull down machines knee pad (ala federov)....
d[-_-]b actin all cool

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2006, 02:36:12 PM »
that's what i usually do for hams. as for back i am working on width. in the back pose my traps are really missing. i wanna get the traps going down my back. my current back routine is

4 sets cable rows
4 sets barbell or dumbell rows
4 sets close grip pulldowns

I can't handle a monster workload because i do shoulders right after and also i can't handle monster workloads anyway.

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2006, 02:30:45 AM »
I would concentrate on exercises that you can potentially use more than your bodyweight and just try to keep upping the weights.I find the 5 x 5 system is pretty good on the heavy basics.Here's a good back workout.

Chins 3 x max
Deadlift 5 x 5 use first 2 sets as warm ups
Bent over Rows 3 x 6-8

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2006, 12:07:05 PM »
I just deadlifted 270! LIGHT WEIGHT BABY!

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2006, 08:21:22 PM »
I squatted 260 for 6 reps tonight and here is my arm pic from the other day!

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2006, 05:36:13 PM »
I squatted 260 for 6 reps tonight and here is my arm pic from the other day!

your legs look like you dont train them at all! Maybe your going too heavy, and not getting the mos tout of th emovement!!! The weight is being absorbed by all the other muscles. Back off the weight, and his some squats DEEP, higher reps..get a pump going! Its not always how heavy you go! Get a pump going for the muscle your training, feel the muscle...

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2006, 08:28:45 PM »
when i took those pictures my squat was less. like only 225 for 6 reps. They're also a little fatty there.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2006, 08:36:57 PM »
gibber you're a monster keep it up!  8)
just push some weight!

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2006, 09:15:20 PM »
Need to diet more. Cut out the fat. You seem obsessed with size, but it's meaningless without definition.
"Shut the F up and train"

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2006, 04:36:29 AM »
yes i'd say i am obsessed with size but i dont have any yet. i know i need to lose fat but if i do sucessfully (keeping the muscle) i will only be a 170 guy with abs. my two previous attemps were catabolic failures. as far as my legs... they are 25 1/4 inches right now. a little bit leaner than there but still. i wanted to post pictures by the 30th but i think i won't now. i was taking halodrol-50 by gaspari (stay away from that stuff) and eating low carb. i was getting leaner and stronger at the same time and then started eating extremely low carb a couple of days later i started getting pains in my chest, shortness of breath and had a monster meltdown thinking this stuff was gonna give me gyno. i stopped taking it, ordered novedex xt which you're supposed to take after and haven't worked out for like 5 days. i was also taking hotrox and tried the maximum dosage 3 in the morning and 3 later in the day and some time later my whole left side went numb and i thought i was having a heart attack so i went to the ER. they checked my heart and my blood. everything's fine but i still have little pain in my chest. on both pectorals near the inner part and on the left side in the way outter part. it feels like residual pain from getting jabbed with a finger in the chest really hard. it comes and it goes. no idea what it is. so for a couple of days i've been seeing a lot of my friend sesame chicken.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2006, 07:34:57 AM »
yes i'd say i am obsessed with size but i dont have any yet. i know i need to lose fat but if i do sucessfully (keeping the muscle) i will only be a 170 guy with abs. my two previous attemps were catabolic failures. as far as my legs... they are 25 1/4 inches right now. a little bit leaner than there but still. i wanted to post pictures by the 30th but i think i won't now. i was taking halodrol-50 by gaspari (stay away from that stuff) and eating low carb. i was getting leaner and stronger at the same time and then started eating extremely low carb a couple of days later i started getting pains in my chest, shortness of breath and had a monster meltdown thinking this stuff was gonna give me gyno. i stopped taking it, ordered novedex xt which you're supposed to take after and haven't worked out for like 5 days. i was also taking hotrox and tried the maximum dosage 3 in the morning and 3 later in the day and some time later my whole left side went numb and i thought i was having a heart attack so i went to the ER. they checked my heart and my blood. everything's fine but i still have little pain in my chest. on both pectorals near the inner part and on the left side in the way outter part. it feels like residual pain from getting jabbed with a finger in the chest really hard. it comes and it goes. no idea what it is. so for a couple of days i've been seeing a lot of my friend sesame chicken.

Dude.

Get lean. Real lean.

Once you do that, it will help you put on quality mass.

After the quality cutting diet, you need to eat nutrious and shit, you basically just up the caloric intake.

You will gain quality while staying much leaner.

Take the rest of the summer to cut.

Then, by the first of October, you start the hyper diet (bulk).

Good luck.

The sooner you get on track the better.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2006, 07:41:23 AM »
i like the idea. but i no longer believe i should bulk... my muscle doesn't grow fast enought to bulk. all the extra food makes me fat. plus i'm natural (unless halodrol was real roids... anyway i'm finished with that stuff, no more fake roids and i won't start real ones) i think i just need help with the cutting. the cardio thing doesn't work for me. just knocks off all my muscle at the same time with fat. last time i did it i went from 192 16.5% bodyfat to 173 unknown bodyfat but i still had no abs and my strength was way down and i also lost a lot of size. i was on 2400 calories with lifting 4x a week and 15 min cardio 4x a week. i'm gonna try 5 days a week lifting with semi restricted calories. i have short rest periods between my sets right now so i do get "cardio". by the way have you seen my WAY before picture?