Author Topic: Phil Collins: Sussudio  (Read 3358 times)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Re: Phil Collins: Sussudio
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2015, 12:44:14 AM »
old school fan of Genesis here, saw them in concert in the early 90's (We Can't Dance tour)

I always thought Phil's solo work wasn't as good even if it sold more

it was always sappy love songs and songs about lost love- which is done to death already.

with Genesis you had songs about illegal mexicans, hit and run missions and lost love all on one album.

they were much more diverse IMO.

Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds.

But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist.
P

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2015, 01:13:16 AM »
No.  I don't 'like Phil Collins.'  He's crap.  I never bought his stupid records, I never went to his stupid concerts, and I never wore one of those stupid Genesis tshirts that everyone wore after they went to the stupid concert.  As a matter of fact, I've never worn a tshirt with a band name on it but if I had to it damn sure wouldn't proclaim my fanaticism for some dull sawed off bald bastard's musical flailings.  The absolute high point of his career should have been the day the regular man was ill and he got to drive the forklift around the warehouse.  I always wanted to bash that little hamster looking twit with a brick and dump him in a river.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2015, 01:17:00 AM »
Maybe the ground will open up, swallow Phil Collins, and then close up on him lying in some subterranean abyss, screaming for help.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2015, 03:48:36 AM »
Maybe the ground will open up, swallow Phil Collins, and then close up on him lying in some subterranean abyss, screaming for help.

I like the sound of that better than his "music".

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2015, 08:34:34 AM »
No.  I don't 'like Phil Collins.'  He's crap.  I never bought his stupid records, I never went to his stupid concerts, and I never wore one of those stupid Genesis tshirts that everyone wore after they went to the stupid concert.  As a matter of fact, I've never worn a tshirt with a band name on it but if I had to it damn sure wouldn't proclaim my fanaticism for some dull sawed off bald bastard's musical flailings.  The absolute high point of his career should have been the day the regular man was ill and he got to drive the forklift around the warehouse.  I always wanted to bash that little hamster looking twit with a brick and dump him in a river.

Terrific summary on the guy. Enter pic of dude standing and clapping hands...
?