Author Topic: Ben Carson (why not)?  (Read 29927 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Ben Carson (why not)?
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2015, 04:05:39 PM »
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-12/nbc-confirms-obama-lied-about-bin-laden-raid

This is thing. Obama has proven time and time again that he has little if any credibility. If he wrong once or admitted he was wrong or misspoke (in other words, show just a LITTLE integrity) then fine, he might be believable. But he isn't. Not in anyway shape or form.

attacking obama doesn't make carson better.

carson said a bunch of stupid, inflammatory things.  He's not mature enough to be president, even if he was calm last night.

you can tell us obama sucks, that's cool, but it doesn't make carson any more sensible.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2015, 04:24:21 PM »

carson said a bunch of stupid, inflammatory things.  He's not mature enough to be president, even if he was calm last night.

you can tell us obama sucks, that's cool, but it doesn't make carson any more sensible.

Actually it does make Carson better by comparison. Obama set a new degrading moral compass in this country. Ben Carson represents the complete opposite of what Obama is. As long as Obama is in office the comparison should be made. If Killary gets in, you're going to have the same moral degradation as Obama. The comparison MUST be made.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2015, 04:36:38 PM »
lol at idiots actually thinking one politician is going to be better than another politician because they sound nice and moral in their speech haha lol. Oh brotha.
X

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2015, 04:44:31 PM »

carson said a bunch of stupid, inflammatory things.  He's not mature enough to be president, even if he was calm last night.

He's calm because he's a neurosurgeon.  He is the most boring man alive.  Needs to stay calm, away from uppers.  Steady hands.  That's all he has

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2015, 05:01:15 PM »
lol at idiots actually thinking one politician is going to be better than another politician because they sound nice and moral in their speech haha lol. Oh brotha.

And you actually believe it doesn't. I have news for you.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2015, 05:05:51 PM »
He's calm because he's a neurosurgeon.  He is the most boring man alive.  Needs to stay calm, away from uppers.  Steady hands.  That's all he has

x2. I believe he was head of pediatric neurosurgery at a major hospital.

And its funny that people actually thinks it matters what politicians say in their speech ha lol. Cant get more gullible than that.  :D :D
X

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2015, 05:17:54 PM »
Clearly the most intelligent man to run in decades, why wouldn't he make a good president?  I was more impressed by him than any other last night,  what if any are the potential negatives if he win office?
::)

Young earth religious Creationist and have you even taken a look at him?   ???  ???

Guy belongs in a church full of nutcases and no place else.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2015, 05:21:34 PM »

Slightly. We are talking about a BRAIN SURGEON HERE, FELLAS.

I know we're all GetBiggers and all .....
Same thing as a skilled racecar mechanic really.  Most doctors really are not that bright when it comes down to it.  A lot of them believe in a 6000 year old earth like Ben Carson and many just use the PDR any time they are stumped which is always.

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2015, 05:22:28 PM »
This is why he's not getting my vote:

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2015, 05:30:58 PM »

Precisely and 100 percent true

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2015, 06:16:50 PM »
x2. If he left out all the religious bullshit, I might consider voting for him. But when he goes on about how the earth is 6,000 years old, well, he lost my vote. Keep your religion out of politics, which may impede on my life.

Ive only voted one time in my life. I may forgo voting this year. Exercising my right not to vote.  :D :D :D

Agreed. So far I have never voted. I liked some of the things the candidates said last night but they would lose me when they would talk about that God nonsense.

If only there was a pro choice atheist republican candidate.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2015, 06:18:23 PM »
Agreed. So far I have never voted. I liked some of the things the candidates said last night but they would lose me when they would talk about that God nonsense.

It doesnt matter what they say. They all wind up doing the opposite anyway.
X

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2015, 06:18:40 PM »

That dream died out with Barry Goldwater, who was actually a REAL conservative.  

Where is Barry Goldwater of today?   ???  ???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2015, 06:20:22 PM »
    “Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party and they’re sure trying to do so, it’s going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can’t and won’t compromise. I know, I’ve tried to deal with them.”

~ Barry Goldwater, November 1994,  Conservatives Without Conscience (2006)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2015, 06:21:34 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2015, 06:23:43 PM »

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2015, 06:24:02 PM »
Damn Goldwater seemed like a smart fella.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2015, 06:25:29 PM »
He was.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2015, 06:28:44 PM »
Also a Major General in the Air Force.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2015, 06:29:29 PM »

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2015, 06:49:40 PM »
No matter who on that stage gets picked the end result is the same. The party decides the policies and the president is just their puppet. You heard their Israel ball sucking. Who do you think really makes the decisions🔯

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2015, 07:50:02 PM »
Not really, you just have to pick one thing and study it for your whole life.  A mechanic that can take apart a car engine to it's nuts an bolts and reassemble it is just as intelligent but they focused their learning on mechanics.

In this instance, I have to beg to differ.

To become a neurosurgeon, you first have to:

Go through your standard undergraduate education (4 yrs with a focus on premed).

Get accepted into a Medical School (and complete 4 yrs of training).

Throughout the process, successfully take the USMLE Steps 1-3 (you need to do very well in this 3-part exam if you want to land a spot as a neurosurgery resident).

Assuming you get through med school and score very well in all 3 parts of the USMLE, then you get accepted into a neurosurgery residency (and that takes another 6 yrs of training).

After you complete your neurosurgery residency, you could then apply for a job at a major medical institution. If it were incredibly easy to get a job afterwards, everyone who applies would then land a dream job, but the reality is that sometimes these "new" neurosurgeons" have to "beef" up their resume by completing an added 1-2 yrs within a fellowship program in something like endovascular neurosurgery and interventional neuroradiology.

So, tally it up and you have up to 16 yrs of training to become a neurosurgeon. Assuming you have the mental stamina, physical dexterity and sheer intelligence to do what it takes, then yes, it isn't that hard, but to compare it to a mechanic, that's a far cry. I'd say that the average person "in the know" would say that the comparison between a car mechanic and a neurosurgeon is not even in the same galaxy. Give a high school graduate one year at a trade school and they can be considered a car mechanic.

All that aside, then if you were to consider the ramifications involved in performing both roles, the car mechanic might possibly be unable to fix your car, which in the worse case scenario would require you to buy a new one. The neurosurgeon doesn't get many outs, because if he/she fails, most often the patient dies and if the patient dies, it could possibly cause them their reputation and ultimately their career and job.

"1"

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2015, 08:36:07 PM »
In this instance, I have to beg to differ.

To become a neurosurgeon, you first have to:

Go through your standard undergraduate education (4 yrs with a focus on premed).

Get accepted into a Medical School (and complete 4 yrs of training).

Throughout the process, successfully take the USMLE Steps 1-3 (you need to do very well in this 3-part exam if you want to land a spot as a neurosurgery resident).

Assuming you get through med school and score very well in all 3 parts of the USMLE, then you get accepted into a neurosurgery residency (and that takes another 6 yrs of training).

After you complete your neurosurgery residency, you could then apply for a job at a major medical institution. If it were incredibly easy to get a job afterwards, everyone who applies would then land a dream job, but the reality is that sometimes these "new" neurosurgeons" have to "beef" up their resume by completing an added 1-2 yrs within a fellowship program in something like endovascular neurosurgery and interventional neuroradiology.

So, tally it up and you have up to 16 yrs of training to become a neurosurgeon. Assuming you have the mental stamina, physical dexterity and sheer intelligence to do what it takes, then yes, it isn't that hard, but to compare it to a mechanic, that's a far cry. I'd say that the average person "in the know" would say that the comparison between a car mechanic and a neurosurgeon is not even in the same galaxy. Give a high school graduate one year at a trade school and they can be considered a car mechanic.

All that aside, then if you were to consider the ramifications involved in performing both roles, the car mechanic might possibly be unable to fix your car, which in the worse case scenario would require you to buy a new one. The neurosurgeon doesn't get many outs, because if he/she fails, most often the patient dies and if the patient dies, it could possibly cause them their reputation and ultimately their career and job.

"1"

You have to be pretty damn smart to be a neurosurgeon, but mainly book smart, and thats about it. However, it doesnt mean they are intelligent in any other way. If you read the literature on intelligence, many theorists apply a multifactorial understanding of intelligence. Howard Gardner identified different types of intelligence: musical–rhythmic, visual–spatial, verbal–linguistic, logical–mathematical, bodily–kinesthetic, interpersonal, intrapersonal, and naturalistic.

Id say someone like Beethoven is equally as brilliant as a neurosurgeon.
X

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2015, 08:55:12 PM »
You have to be pretty damn smart to be a neurosurgeon, but mainly book smart, and thats about it. However, it doesnt mean they are intelligent in any other way. If you read the literature on intelligence, many theorists apply a multifactorial understanding of intelligence. Howard Gardner identified different types of intelligence: musical–rhythmic, visual–spatial, verbal–linguistic, logical–mathematical, bodily–kinesthetic, interpersonal, intrapersonal, and naturalistic.

Id say someone like Beethoven is equally as brilliant as a neurosurgeon.

Book smart mainly?  Have you looked at the tools these guys have to use?  Look man, him being a Christian kills it for you I get it, that's what it really boils down to right, if he came out tomorrow and said lighting struck some primordial mash and boom 5 billion years later we have man you'd probably like him a bit more because that's realistic to you.  But for me I've got to have someone who believes there is more than just this life and believes in an accountability that goes past it.  When more and more people get to a point that they don't give two shits about that accountability we are in deep shit my friend

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2015, 08:56:39 PM »
There's no one man that's going to save this country.  If it were to ever be saved, it would take a grass roots effort of most people checking themselves and doing what's right.  That said, we know that will never happen. I don't like his stance on vaccinations. Other than that I like him.

So no Jeezzuss comeback  :o :-\